Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Regular

Me and my buddys all open carry to prove a point, and to see the faces people make. Its always fun to get up and walk out and just see everyone stare like OMG hes got a gun. I'm sorry but I'm the one who will protect your butt if a mad man comes in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikpthegame View Post
Me and my buddys all open carry to prove a point, and to see the faces people make. Its always fun to get up and walk out and just see everyone stare like OMG hes got a gun. I'm sorry but I'm the one who will protect your butt if a mad man comes in.
lol, just lol.

if your reasons for open carrying are "to prove a point" and to see how people react, i'm not sure you're mature enough to be carrying a gun

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #83 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Wearing a fedora gives you a x10 coolness multiplier.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry

Quote:

A firearm is not a toy. If you open carry to "see the faces people make" that can arguably be considered going armed to terrorize the public. I don't care how old you are or how long you've been around guns, but that's a very stupid reason to carry openly, even if it's not the primary reason. That's like guys open carrying ar15s; they're wanting more gun rights, but in reality they're actually hurting the cause.

"A right not practiced is a right lost". I'm all for open carry, but it requires responsibility and maturity, which you don't seem to possess.
post #85 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wraitherx Send a message via Yahoo to wraitherx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
if your reasons for open carrying are "to prove a point" and to see how people react, i'm not sure you're mature enough to be carrying a gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Enemy View Post
A firearm is not a toy. If you open carry to "see the faces people make" that can arguably be considered going armed to terrorize the public. I don't care how old you are or how long you've been around guns, but that's a very stupid reason to carry openly, even if it's not the primary reason. That's like guys open carrying ar15s; they're wanting more gun rights, but in reality they're actually hurting the cause.

"A right not practiced is a right lost". I'm all for open carry, but it requires responsibility and maturity, which you don't seem to possess.
Well put.

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Built
2011 Ford Taurus SHO TT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
he spent all the time
thinking about if it could be done, and not thinking about if it should be done
post #86 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Regular

Well I guess that didn't sound the best did it. I should have said its funny seeing the faces and reactions of people when they see it. More often than you would think we just get asked questions about our guns. We run into a bunch of gun owners, mostly older guys lol. Sometimes they even carry them selfs, makes for a good convo. I agree people that open carry AR15's are hurting out cause. There has been one time our guns have came in to use, we were eating in the hood and this black dude(I'm not racist) started to mouth off to us. He had no clue we carry cause he couldn't see them. So this guy pulls up his shirt to show he has a gun. We get up and just turn to the side, bam all 3 of us have one also. Boy did he shut up and go away real fast after that. I wish we didn't have to do that, I'd rather not have to use it.
post #87 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Wearing a fedora gives you a x10 coolness multiplier.

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #88 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Wow.....

There will always be "that guy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

post #89 of 108 Old March 15th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wraitherx Send a message via Yahoo to wraitherx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Wow.....

There will always be "that guy."
unfortunately but yes... there will always be one

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Built
2011 Ford Taurus SHO TT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
he spent all the time
thinking about if it could be done, and not thinking about if it should be done
post #90 of 108 Old March 29th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Regular

People think your out to kill someone if you open carry.. Just get your license and conceal carry
post #91 of 108 Old March 29th, 2015, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.L.Campbell View Post
People think your out to kill someone if you open carry.. Just get your license and conceal carry

I have my CHP. If I'm gonna conceal it's gonna be because I want to, not for fear of some ignorant person to think just because I have a gun that I'm gonna start shooting people. As I've said before in this thread, NC is very gun friendly and I've yet to have a negative experience while carrying.
post #92 of 108 Old March 30th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Please don't breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
lol, just lol.

Quote:

^^^Agreed!

Quote:
I have my CHP. If I'm gonna conceal it's gonna be because I want to, not for fear of some ignorant person to think just because I have a gun that I'm gonna start shooting people. As I've said before in this thread, NC is very gun friendly and I've yet to have a negative experience while carrying.
About 90% this. I have to kinda disagree on the gun friendly part. NC requires you to have a firearm license before you can even buy one. Sounds like a privilege rather than a right.

I open carry from time to time. Usually it's when I'm on my land and don't want to deal with an IWB holster. I'll keep the pistol open carry if I'm just running down to the feed store or something and nobody pays any attention to it. Hell, the owner open carries behind the counter. lol If I'm going into town though, I'll conceal carry simply because I don't want any wannabe attacker to single me out and target me first should he decide to rob the store I'm in. I want it to be a surprise to him. I couldn't care less what the public thinks.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #93 of 108 Old March 30th, 2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

^ what I mean by saying NC is gun friendly is that most civilians don't seem to bat an eye when they see someone carrying.
post #94 of 108 Old March 30th, 2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Good way to get disarmed and shot with your own gun. Bad tactics and lost the element of surprise.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

post #95 of 108 Old April 1st, 2015, 06:05 AM
Insomniac

Garage
In soviet MD i open carry for work. But conceal carry in my off hours. While i do want to spread awareness, especially here in MD, shock tactics, i feel, are not the way. Id rather wear a shirt "keep calm, conceal carry" etc or hand out pamphlets then essentially intimidate sensitive people and turn them against the idea totally. What people dont know wont hurt them......or it will if they try to rob me Lol.

post #96 of 108 Old April 17th, 2015, 04:50 PM