What's Your Every Day Carry? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I hear you. I hate shooting my wife's XD-S, can't get a good grip on it.

My 1911 I can shoot well though.

Brave Response Holster | Brave Response Shooting
This is the belly band I wear every day. From the time I get out of the shower until I go to bed, I have the 1911 and 2 additional magazines on me.
That looks like a great system. I've always liked the quote "life is not a guided tour, go armed". Always carry, period. I don't care if there is a sign on the front door that says "no guns" etc. Just recently I was at a Fry's electronics out here in Arizona, and the "no guns" sign was there. Screw that. These psychotic freaks go to those places to shoot the sheep, it pisses me off.

The Church in Texas, I'm so happy that dude engaged the shooter with his own rifle, and it goes to show what cowards these mass shooters are. That fucker ran away like a little coward when someone shot him, he barely put up a fight, goes to show they are only out to shoot up innocents.
Woodman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:24 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
That looks like a great system. I've always liked the quote "life is not a guided tour, go armed". Always carry, period. I don't care if there is a sign on the front door that says "no guns" etc. Just recently I was at a Fry's electronics out here in Arizona, and the "no guns" sign was there. Screw that. These psychotic freaks go to those places to shoot the sheep, it pisses me off.

The Church in Texas, I'm so happy that dude engaged the shooter with his own rifle, and it goes to show what cowards these mass shooters are. That fucker ran away like a little coward when someone shot him, he barely put up a fight, goes to show they are only out to shoot up innocents.
I read up on the laws where I am, for example here in MN those no guns signs have no weight. If I am spotted, they have to ask me to leave. If I don't, it's a trespassing charge, $25, no issues with my permit. However, I'd leave if asked.

In WI however, the signs do carry weight and can get you a criminal charge. But, if they put the sign up, they assume legal responsibility for your safety. so if someone does come in and shoot the place up, assuming I survive, that place would have to foot the bill. Thus, very few places in WI have "no guns" signs, while lots in MN do. The one place I have to go to often in WI that has a no guns sign is a women's shelter, so I leave it in the car.
mr.burton likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #23 of 40 Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I read up on the laws where I am, for example here in MN those no guns signs have no weight. If I am spotted, they have to ask me to leave. If I don't, it's a trespassing charge, $25, no issues with my permit. However, I'd leave if asked.

In WI however, the signs do carry weight and can get you a criminal charge. But, if they put the sign up, they assume legal responsibility for your safety. so if someone does come in and shoot the place up, assuming I survive, that place would have to foot the bill. Thus, very few places in WI have "no guns" signs, while lots in MN do. The one place I have to go to often in WI that has a no guns sign is a women's shelter, so I leave it in the car.
Yeah man definitely keep your gun(s) hidden lol. You don't want to stroll in open carrying an AR-15 LMAO!
Woodman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 Old November 26th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

My EDC is a shield 9mm in a IWB holster, a benchmade mini griptilian, and a streamlight stylus pro. I also have a Glock 19 that I carry when I might need a few more rounds.
mr.burton and Woodman like this.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #25 of 40 Old December 17th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Glock 33 (.357 Sig) with a Desantis Gunhide holster.
post #26 of 40 Old December 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
Yes Sir. You would think that is uncomfortable, but once you find ways to carry, and dependable ways to carry two full size guns, it's easy.

Normally I carry each side, IWB, Desantis slim-tuk cases. But when I first got here I was using a "belly band" holster which can literally hold multiple guns, magazines etc under a light tshirt. This is great for when it's 115 degrees out lol.

I use Hank gun belts, they are pretty good. This is the belly band holster, no joke you can run with this on and it doesn't move-make sure it's tight though.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealed-Hol...70_&dpSrc=srch
I got the three gun belly band for Christmas today, been wearing it all day, loving it so far. Only carrying one gun and three magazines at the moment, but I'm liking how much more secure it feels than my other belly band.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #27 of 40 Old February 17th, 2018, 07:13 PM
MM Fanatic

And, here's my new gun! Rock Island Armory 1911 10mm.
I went with 180GR Underwood full power ammo for carry. Still waiting on the break in/range ammo to get here, as well as some extra Checkmate magazines. This was my first GunBroker.com purchase and it went smooth as silk. Had the gun in two days from order. Can't wait to shoot it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In the box.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	201002   Click image for larger version

Name:	New in box.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	201010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Underwood Ammo.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	201018   Click image for larger version

Name:	10mm and Ammo.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	201026  
BWAL likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
post #28 of 40 Old February 17th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Administrator

my everyday carry is my hatred for mass shooters who give our hobby a bad name
dr.gonzo!, Woodman and Silver GT like this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #29 of 40 Old February 19th, 2018, 11:14 PM
PSN alphadong11

I seen a clip somewhere where it said all the shooters were on or were previously on psychotropic drugs. I don't know what to believe anymore but I know this shit was in a book in 1991

And the result after a tragedy is a push for mental care and stricter gun laws. The mental care will probably push more psychotropic drugs and hence forth and forth with.

Shut up and let me have my X files. #90stimeswerebesttimes

Also assuming you match the 2015 stat of 35k deaths in traffic related deaths, 95 other people died and continues to die every day but goes unmentioned in the news. Tomorrow in the US 95 more people will die and I won't hear about any of it, nor will there be any agenda out as loud against it.
BWAL and Woodman like this.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #30 of 40 Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:52 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I currently carry a XDS .45, I've thought about getting something like the Canik TP9SF
post #31 of 40 Old May 14th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Regular

Colt Defender .45 ACP, two extra clips, and a Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Rig.
post #32 of 40 Old May 14th, 2018, 07:11 PM

Canik tp9sf in a NSR Tactical holster with a spare 20 round mag

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #33 of 40 Old July 15th, 2018, 03:27 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Recently bought a Springfield XDS .45 and I'm happy with it. I was worried I wouldn't like a .45 with a short barrel but it's not bad. I have 2 6 round extended mags for it that give me that extra space for the pinky finger. As a fat guy, I'm trying to limit how much I add to the waistline, and I love how narrow the gun is for a .45 that still can hold 6+1. I wear gym/basketball shorts usually in the summer when out and about and I found a belly band style holster that does a great job making the gun disappear under light clothing.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #34 of 40 Old August 6th, 2018, 12:03 AM
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue

Depends on the occasion and how I’m dressed.
At work stub nose Smith & Wesson Airweight 38. On my ankle.
Away from work in the summertime T-shirt and jeans. I’ll go with my G26 iwb at 5 o’clock.
Winter time Jacket or hoodie weather. Glock 10mm long slide OWB. Or Sig 226 MK25.

post #35 of 40 Old August 6th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Regular

Kimber 1911 9mm, 10 round Wilson Combat clip plus one in the chanber, cocked and locked, in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig with two extra Wilson Combat 10 Round Clips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000080 (65).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	202991  
post #36 of 40 Old August 16th, 2018, 01:24 PM
PSN alphadong11

Anyone shoot the glock 19 sized m&p m2.0 9mm? This may replace my 40 I listed above. Looks like it would fit my hand so much better than trying to get a 3 finger wrap on my current.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #37 of 40 Old August 16th, 2018, 01:42 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Kimber 1911 9mm, 10 round Wilson Combat MAGAZINE plus one in the chanber, cocked and locked, in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig with two extra Wilson Combat 10 Round MAGAZINES.
Fixd...

Sorry man, but that just irritates the shit out of me. A "clip" is used to load a magazine or cylinder. The M1 Garand used EnBloc Clips to feed it's fixed internal magazine. The M1-A used a detachable, external magazine. You can use a stripper clip to load M-16/AR-15 magazines, etc.
Eagle2000GT likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
post #38 of 40 Old August 27th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Recently bought a Springfield XDS .45 and I'm happy with it. I was worried I wouldn't like a .45 with a short barrel but it's not bad. I have 2 6 round extended mags for it that give me that extra space for the pinky finger. As a fat guy, I'm trying to limit how much I add to the waistline, and I love how narrow the gun is for a .45 that still can hold 6+1. I wear gym/basketball shorts usually in the summer when out and about and I found a belly band style holster that does a great job making the gun disappear under light clothing.
And isn't it surprisingly controllable for such a small polymer .45ACP?
post #39 of 40 Old October 10th, 2018, 10:56 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
I carry a 70-series .45 ACP Colt Combat Commander with 8 +1 magazines. It has a 3 1/2 pound trigger pull. This is the gun I shot in USPSA competition in the early 80s. It has aftermarket sights and in the late 80s it was modified to have a longer barrel with a compensator. The barrels are interchangeable and it will put two bullets within an inch of each other as fast as you can pull the trigger. The Mozambique drill was one of the classification stages back then. I quit shooting USPSA in the early 90s because of race guns. There is nothing practical about them. The only thing that I've added since then is a laser sight in the grip.

Around 2000 I started shooting SASS. Single action wheel guns are fun especially if shot gunfighter style (one in each hand). We did not shoot self defense loads. Back them SASS didn't have a minimum power factor. This is the absolute truth. I was RO on the next stage over when a guy stacked five.32 rounds in his barrel because of a squib fire. No damage to the gun. His hand loads were so weak that the pressure just vented between the cylinder and the barrel. I competed with 125 gn .38 specials loaded to around 800 fps. That's a power factor of 100. For comparison, I loaded my USPSA rounds with 200 gn .45 ACP bullets loaded to 950 fps. A power factor of 190.

Years ago when I was shooting USPSA my wife wanted a handgun. I suggested a 9mm. She asked what I was shooing. After giving me a dirty look she decided she wanted a .45 Colt Government. She shot it very well. She also joined me when I was shooting SASS.

We have gotten older. Arthritis has set in. Shooting several .45 rounds hurts her hands. So a couple of years ago I bought us some 9s. A Ruger for her and a Taurus for me. She is OK with her Ruger but I absolutely hate them. They are striker-fired and I have never felt such a long trigger pull in a gun. The Ruger's pull is smooth just long. In my opinion the gun should fire with only half the trigger pull. Without a lot of practice a long trigger pull like that will result in squeezing the entire hand instead of just moving the trigger finger. That pulls the sights off the target.

The Taurus is even worse. I can feel a click about half way back. The first three times I tried to shoo the gun I stopped there thinking something was wrong. After firing the wife's Ruger I pulled the trigger all the way back and the gun fired. What a piece of trash.

So, when I carry I carry a gun that I have owned for over 35 years that has over 60,000 rounds shot through it. Pretty much the only parts that needed to be replaced were the extractor and the ejector. It is absolutely reliable.

I was wondering. Did I make it absolutely clear how much I hate striker-fired pistols?
Woodman likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #40 of 40 Old October 11th, 2018, 01:34 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I carry a 70-series .45 ACP Colt Combat Commander with 8 +1 magazines. It has a 3 1/2 pound trigger pull. This is the gun I shot in USPSA competition in the early 80s. It has aftermarket sights and in the late 80s it was modified to have a longer barrel with a compensator. The barrels are interchangeable and it will put two bullets within an inch of each other as fast as you can pull the trigger. The Mozambique drill was one of the classification stages back then. I quit shooting USPSA in the early 90s because of race guns. There is nothing practical about them. The only thing that I've added since then is a laser sight in the grip.

Around 2000 I started shooting SASS. Single action wheel guns are fun especially if shot gunfighter style (one in each hand). We did not shoot self defense loads. Back them SASS didn't have a minimum power factor. This is the absolute truth. I was RO on the next stage over when a guy stacked five.32 rounds in his barrel because of a squib fire. No damage to the gun. His hand loads were so weak that the pressure just vented between the cylinder and the barrel. I competed with 125 gn .38 specials loaded to around 800 fps. That's a power factor of 100. For comparison, I loaded my USPSA rounds with 200 gn .45 ACP bullets loaded to 950 fps. A power factor of 190.

Years ago when I was shooting USPSA my wife wanted a handgun. I suggested a 9mm. She asked what I was shooing. After giving me a dirty look she decided she wanted a .45 Colt Government. She shot it very well. She also joined me when I was shooting SASS.

We have gotten older. Arthritis has set in. Shooting several .45 rounds hurts her hands. So a couple of years ago I bought us some 9s. A Ruger for her and a Taurus for me. She is OK with her Ruger but I absolutely hate them. They are striker-fired and I have never felt such a long trigger pull in a gun. The Ruger's pull is smooth just long. In my opinion the gun should fire with only half the trigger pull. Without a lot of practice a long trigger pull like that will result in squeezing the entire hand instead of just moving the trigger finger. That pulls the sights off the target.

The Taurus is even worse. I can feel a click about half way back. The first three times I tried to shoo the gun I stopped there thinking something was wrong. After firing the wife's Ruger I pulled the trigger all the way back and the gun fired. What a piece of trash.

So, when I carry I carry a gun that I have owned for over 35 years that has over 60,000 rounds shot through it. Pretty much the only parts that needed to be replaced were the extractor and the ejector. It is absolutely reliable.

I was wondering. Did I make it absolutely clear how much I hate striker-fired pistols?
I too am not a fan of striker fired guns. Long travel, non-crisp pulls kill me. I grew up on the 1911, and LOVE their triggers. The worst 1911 trigger is often better than the best striker fired guns.

But...

Friend of mine picked up the new Sig P320. LOVE that gun. Best striker trigger I've shot yet. Short pull, crisp action, and I was getting shots in the same hole on the first time firing it. I may pick one up at some point.
Eagle2000GT likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page