Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   Ammo Barn (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/)
-   -   What's Your Every Day Carry? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/ammo-barn/627714-whats-your-every-day-carry.html)

mr.burton November 11th, 2017 02:44 AM

What's Your Every Day Carry?
 
1 Attachment(s)
For me, ever since I moved to Arizona, and trained a lot over here, it's been two Glock 17's with +2 mag extensions along with a Cold Steel folder. I've practiced with other brands, and guns, but I just get rounds on target faster with my Glocks, and trust me I'm no fan boy. I believe that you should carry what you are most proficient with.

mjpjr45 November 12th, 2017 12:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I carry my S&W Shield 9mm. I also carry my Zero Tolerance 301ST(same knife Jethro Gibbs uses on NCIS). I sometimes carry a Glock 19 but usually only when cold and have thicker clothing on. The knife is green on one side and blackish on the other.

mr.burton November 12th, 2017 03:11 AM

Nice, great guns, and great knives!

Woodman November 12th, 2017 10:19 AM

I carry a Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45ACP Loaded model (circa 2001 before the Loaded had rails), loaded with either Federal Critical Defense 230GR or Gold Dot LE 230Gr. I also carry a SOG assisted open Flash II.

mr.burton November 12th, 2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodman (Post 11916402)
I carry a Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45ACP Loaded model (circa 2001 before the Loaded had rails), loaded with either Federal Critical Defense 230GR or Gold Dot LE 230Gr. I also carry a SOG assisted open Flash II.

That's a kickass 1911! I also use Federal, specifically their 124gr hst's..

Woodman November 12th, 2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.burton (Post 11916586)
That's a kickass 1911! I also use Federal, specifically their 124gr hst's..

It's been a dead solid reliable gun since the day I bought it. Only things I've changed are I put a standard guide rod and plug in to replace the two piece full length guide rod, and I installed some walnut grips recently.

My next gun is going to be a RIA 10mm 1911. You get a lot of gun for your money with that one, and I've always wanted a 10mm. Planning on plinking with some 180gr FMJ from Armscor, and carrying some Underwood 165gr JHP at full pressure. Should be pretty potent.

BWAL November 12th, 2017 08:34 PM

stock G23 gen 4 with federal HST and crossbreed supertuck

mr.burton November 12th, 2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWAL (Post 11916602)
stock G23 gen 4 with federal HST and crossbreed supertuck

Good thing about that gun is a barrel swap and you can shoot 9mm. It's a great "SHTF" gun in that sense, lol i'm still waiting for there to be a Zombie Apocalypse! :grin2:

dr.gonzo! November 12th, 2017 10:44 PM

M&P 40 and refrigerant for distraction

mr.burton November 13th, 2017 12:51 AM

I might start carrying some kind of pepper spray, the retired officer that instructed my conceal carry class daily carries a small can of bear spray. He made a great point, he said that if you ever got into a shooting, and killed someone like a robber or someone that was inflicting grievous harm on someone, it looks good to the jury and prosecutors that you carried a less-lethal form of self defense.

Here in Arizona you don't need a conceal carry, but I got it anyway for two reasons, reciprocity plus another form of ID that let's the officer know "hey I'm carrying" in a subtle way if pulled over.

Mike's03Mach November 13th, 2017 12:26 PM

XDS 9mm and a knife.

Woodman November 13th, 2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.burton (Post 11916706)
I might start carrying some kind of pepper spray, the retired officer that instructed my conceal carry class daily carries a small can of bear spray. He made a great point, he said that if you ever got into a shooting, and killed someone like a robber or someone that was inflicting grievous harm on someone, it looks good to the jury and prosecutors that you carried a less-lethal form of self defense.

Here in Arizona you don't need a conceal carry, but I got it anyway for two reasons, reciprocity plus another form of ID that let's the officer know "hey I'm carrying" in a subtle way if pulled over.

My primary issue with pepper spray is that you have to be well within stabbing distance to use it in most cases. I don't know if bear spray has more range or not, but I want to be a reasonable distance from an attacking threat.

Second issue is I already carry a lot of stuff. My work day carry is my 1911 with 7+1, two additional 7 round magazines, my pocket knife clipped to my hip pocket, three sets of keys (My car+ housekey on a vintage ZZTop chrome keychain, work van key on a carabiner, work keys on a different carabiner (office key, main door key, outside door key, server room key, key to the lock I use on the ladder rack, key to a wiring cabinet for the ISP I host, spare house key, and a couple of others I should ID sooner than later), business card holder, wallet, pen, three thumbdrives with various utilities on them, glucose tablets, personal cell phone and work cell phone. I literally have 10lbs of stuff either strapped to my waist or in my pockets. Where the hell am I supposed to put bear mace?

My off work carry is much less. Gun/mags, knife, personal phone, car+house key, glucose tabs, wallet.

Still not a lot of room for a can of mace.

Also, I'm of the inclination that if I have the time/need to mace someone, I have no business drawing my gun in the first place. Depending on how aggressive your DA is, you could get hit with an assault/battery charge for macing someone if they take you to court, as well as have to pay their medical bills. Also, if they're high/have some training the mace may not be effective, and will give them opportunity to get closer to you.

I am also suspicious of it "looking nicer" to a jury, as they generally stack the jury full of housewives who think that calling 911 magically stops all threats and if you have a gun AND mace, you're just out to hurt someone.

Mike's03Mach November 13th, 2017 04:30 PM

I don't think you'd have a problem with a jury in Arizona. Another thing is a lot of people know it's a carry state and you don't need a permit to carry concealed now, but I have mine and will renew it every 5 years.

mr.burton November 13th, 2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodman (Post 11917074)
My primary issue with pepper spray is that you have to be well within stabbing distance to use it in most cases. I don't know if bear spray has more range or not, but I want to be a reasonable distance from an attacking threat.

Second issue is I already carry a lot of stuff. My work day carry is my 1911 with 7+1, two additional 7 round magazines, my pocket knife clipped to my hip pocket, three sets of keys (My car+ housekey on a vintage ZZTop chrome keychain, work van key on a carabiner, work keys on a different carabiner (office key, main door key, outside door key, server room key, key to the lock I use on the ladder rack, key to a wiring cabinet for the ISP I host, spare house key, and a couple of others I should ID sooner than later), business card holder, wallet, pen, three thumbdrives with various utilities on them, glucose tablets, personal cell phone and work cell phone. I literally have 10lbs of stuff either strapped to my waist or in my pockets. Where the hell am I supposed to put bear mace?

My off work carry is much less. Gun/mags, knife, personal phone, car+house key, glucose tabs, wallet.

Still not a lot of room for a can of mace.

Also, I'm of the inclination that if I have the time/need to mace someone, I have no business drawing my gun in the first place. Depending on how aggressive your DA is, you could get hit with an assault/battery charge for macing someone if they take you to court, as well as have to pay their medical bills. Also, if they're high/have some training the mace may not be effective, and will give them opportunity to get closer to you.

I am also suspicious of it "looking nicer" to a jury, as they generally stack the jury full of housewives who think that calling 911 magically stops all threats and if you have a gun AND mace, you're just out to hurt someone.

HOLY CRAP that's a lot of stuff lol. :surprise:

Woodman November 13th, 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.burton (Post 11917234)
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of stuff lol. :surprise:

I think a lot. :D

Nasty November 19th, 2017 06:39 PM

Do you carry both G17s on your person?

mr.burton November 21st, 2017 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasty (Post 11919681)
Do you carry both G17s on your person?

Yes Sir. You would think that is uncomfortable, but once you find ways to carry, and dependable ways to carry two full size guns, it's easy.

Normally I carry each side, IWB, Desantis slim-tuk cases. But when I first got here I was using a "belly band" holster which can literally hold multiple guns, magazines etc under a light tshirt. This is great for when it's 115 degrees out lol.

I use Hank gun belts, they are pretty good. This is the belly band holster, no joke you can run with this on and it doesn't move-make sure it's tight though.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealed-Hol...70_&dpSrc=srch

Cases

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Slim...antis+slim+tuk

It's fun practicing off-hand (weak hand) draw and shoot, hip firing with my left hand. It takes a while to get comfortable, and proficient.

I got into guns as a hobby after mustangs, but NY SUCKED for a gun enthusiast lol.

Love it out here! Just today it was 85 deg at 5pm, and now it's 62 deg at 12am.

Woodman November 21st, 2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.burton (Post 11920193)
Yes Sir. You would think that is uncomfortable, but once you find ways to carry, and dependable ways to carry two full size guns, it's easy.

Normally I carry each side, IWB, Desantis slim-tuk cases. But when I first got here I was using a "belly band" holster which can literally hold multiple guns, magazines etc under a light tshirt. This is great for when it's 115 degrees out lol.

I use Hank gun belts, they are pretty good. This is the belly band holster, no joke you can run with this on and it doesn't move-make sure it's tight though.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealed-Hol...70_&dpSrc=srch

Cases

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Slim...antis+slim+tuk

It's fun practicing off-hand (weak hand) draw and shoot, hip firing with my left hand. It takes a while to get comfortable, and proficient.

I got into guns as a hobby after mustangs, but NY SUCKED for a gun enthusiast lol.

Love it out here! Just today it was 85 deg at 5pm, and now it's 62 deg at 12am.

I use a belly band too, not quite the same one, but that looks like a great option. I'll pick one up, see how I like it. I can see carrying two, would help balance you out, and give you an additional option should your strong hand be occupied or get disabled.

mr.burton November 21st, 2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodman (Post 11920241)
I use a belly band too, not quite the same one, but that looks like a great option. I'll pick one up, see how I like it. I can see carrying two, would help balance you out, and give you an additional option should your strong hand be occupied or get disabled.

Yeah that belly band system really surprised me, it's super comfortable also and the Velcro type that's on there REALLY stays put.

I hate small guns, I can't shoot them well at all my hands are XL size glove. I refuse to carry a smaller gun for convenience and because it is lighter. In the summer I just wear the belly band holster when i'm in light clothes. I had a s&w bodyguard 380 and also a s&w 442 airweight 38 special, sold those after a month lol took a major hit$$$. No more "pocket guns" for me lol.

Woodman November 21st, 2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.burton (Post 11920393)
Yeah that belly band system really surprised me, it's super comfortable also and the Velcro type that's on there REALLY stays put.

I hate small guns, I can't shoot them well at all my hands are XL size glove. I refuse to carry a smaller gun for convenience and because it is lighter. In the summer I just wear the belly band holster when i'm in light clothes. I had a s&w bodyguard 380 and also a s&w 442 airweight 38 special, sold those after a month lol took a major hit$$$. No more "pocket guns" for me lol.

I hear you. I hate shooting my wife's XD-S, can't get a good grip on it.

My 1911 I can shoot well though.

http://www.brshooting.com/product/braveholster/
This is the belly band I wear every day. From the time I get out of the shower until I go to bed, I have the 1911 and 2 additional magazines on me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.

powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Ent. Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome