i have a thread in the clubhouse about this but im thinking now maybe this is a better place to put it. anyway, looking at a 72 convertible, with a 351c.
heres what i know about the car so far.
- second owner of the car, first owner was a family friend.
- mid 70's the car was used in 2-3 Marlboro magazine ads.
- original color was Ivy Glow Green.
- always garaged
- painted, new top, and new original interior put in ...1994-95
- floor pan was replaced in 1986
- Radiator, powersteering pump and Master cylinder replaced.
- The car came with Air conditioning , but has not worked since I bought it...it needs a compressor.
- The heater core went about 6-7 years ago...I never fixed becuase I don't drive it in the winter.
The Convertible top is a power top, Car has a am/fm digital cassette deck ...made for classic cars...and a 180 watt power booster.
- Car has a performance sway bar front and rear
- For the most part the car is all original except for the color.
theres one pic in the thread - http://www.offtopicz.com/1972-conver...th-vt5232.html
i have more i can email out (if someone can serioulsly advise me here, send me an email address and ill send out some pics)
seller is asking a little over 12k.
edit more info from seller ( i had asked about under the hood and the body):
Everything under is in good condition.
Engine does not need work or replacement ...had tune ups every year until the mechanic told me to stop since I did not put enough mileage to warrant it.
Only 1 problem I noticed was, not driving enough does cause issue....so I start the car every 2-3 weeks and let it run for 45 minutes.
The car has a couple of scratchs, rear quarter something inside the trunk fell over and knocked a the side about an inch long.
Front bumper has a few small scratch's as well....road rocks etc.
Belts and gaskest are fine
Frame is in perfect condition ..no accidents......bumpers have been taken off for paininting so if its off a little...it just needs to be adjusted..I never noticed what you mention.
There has been minor rust in places...when I had it painted ...had new metal welded in.
Its a single exhaust..351 cleveland..2 barrel