67 restomod wiring - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old March 29th, 2011, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Look Ma! My First Post!

67 restomod wiring

Hi! New here. Just interested in opinions/ideas for a new wiring harness for my 67 coupe. There are several out there; Ron Francis, Painless, American Autowire are just some that I know about. Price is not an issue, sort of. This is a restomod so exact repro is not wanted. Just want easy, good, and covering all the systems necessary for a restomod. Also would like to run the wires in non stock locations. Thanks for any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old March 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Lost in the 60's

Welcome to MM Forums....

Were do I start.

Everyone here that knows me, knows how I feel about aftermarket wiring kits.

The idea is great, new modern wiring to handle all the wonderful items that we like to install in our modded updated rides. The problem I have with them is that they are pretty much spools of wire with printing on them with no connectors to anything. I think that the aftermarket kits are in there infancy right now. Few years from now they will actually sell a good kit that is made with the main connector you need to make installation easy a great improvement to what we have to chose from now.

I wire the classic Mustangs Every week here at my shop. In my area I am now as the Classic Mustang wiring Guru. I have see it all, and install every toy that you could think of in a classic Mustang. I seen the Painless kit, The American Autowire kit. and they are not worth the money spent of them.

The best way to go still is the Factory wiring. It has place for everything you need to make all the toys work in your car.

The under dash wiring is what I try to save, It is usually in real good shape. It is not exposed to the weather and you have to fix the spots were the kids try to add the stereos. Then I buy the new head light side and engine gauge feeds, & tai light wiring.

It all plugs together in 1 hour and ready to go.

here is a link to me cover this same subject. https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...gs-wiring.html

Let me know If I can be anymore help, Be sure to look at my cars I have built. See if I can give you any ideas or you can give me a few ideas.

Good Luck.

Last edited by MustangOne; March 29th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/classic-mustangs/210952-67-restomod-wiring.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread 67 restomod wiring | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback December 29th, 2011 11:07 PM