Coyote 1967 Mustang Install - Page 7 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 133 Old July 11th, 2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Next one is the supercharged one. We have some nice modifications we will be doing on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 Old July 13th, 2013, 07:34 AM

I like the sound of that
post #123 of 133 Old September 25th, 2013, 03:43 PM

would this engine fit in the 1965 engine bay with the rod and custom suspension conversion and the shock towers removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 133 Old September 25th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Yes. But it's tight.

post #125 of 133 Old September 25th, 2013, 08:43 PM
April 2010 ROTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckatron5000 View Post
would this engine fit in the 1965 engine bay with the rod and custom suspension conversion and the shock towers removed?
Go with the detroit speed system. It is more expensive up front, but will save you money in the long run, plus add MORE value to your car over the other systems.
post #126 of 133 Old September 25th, 2013, 08:46 PM

they make suspension conversions?
post #127 of 133 Old September 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67svtstang View Post
Go with the detroit speed system. It is more expensive up front, but will save you money in the long run, plus add MORE value to your car over the other systems.
Have you seen a DSE with a coyote yet? I'm not trying to knock your advice, I'm just curious. Because TCI told you it could be done, and you know how that turned out. If you personally know someone who did a DSE and it was easy, then that is great. Otherwise RC Motorsports is a pretty proven swap.

post #128 of 133 Old October 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
April 2010 ROTM

Yes, Detroit speed has done a few at their shop and I have seen a few threads where individuals have installed coyotes into their 65-66 models with the DSE systems. Look at their webpage.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Oh and they have actual installation and build photos, not a photoshopped coyote motor sitting in their front suspension unit like TCI.
post #129 of 133 Old October 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I think DSE make a decent set up, but for the thousands more you will spend on it, I don't think it would increase the value of your car over the Rod and Custom set up.
post #130 of 133 Old January 24th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Coyote DSE Swap

Coyote 1967 Mustang Install-coyote.jpg
post #131 of 133 Old January 25th, 2014, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I'm surprised they were able to get a brake booster in there.
post #132 of 133 Old April 19th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Parts For 68 Fastback Coyote Swap

Hello Mustangs To Fear, I've recently checked out your online catalog and I'm wondering if you have all of the parts needed to do a 5.0 liter Coyote swap in a 68 Mustang Fastback? I want to fit power brakes and steering and want to use turnkeys road runner serpentine system (link at bottom), Ford Racing 5.0L 4-Valve Modular Crate Engine Control Pack, a vintage air air con system, a 5.0 coyote engine (of course), a jlt cold air intake, your custom radiator, and if you can can you give me a part list of anything else I'm missing that would be awesome. I'm actually seriously considering (don't laugh) using bbk headers and x pipe with cats and hooking that up to a shorter modified borla atak system for a 15 mustang. Would that work? I'm prepared to modify the trio of parts (headers, x pipe with cats, and borla cat back system) to fit the car and to fit together. I'm planning to use Mustang II Heidts suspension with ride tech shockwaves. Do you recommend another manufacturer like Rod & Customs. I've looked at their products but I don't believe that you can use ridetech's shockwaves with them. I'd like to use shockwaves because I want air suspension. Any advice, recommendations, ect. you can give me would be awesome.

actually i'll give you link in my next post which i'll post right after this one because this is my first one and I can't

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Link: Road Runner Serpentine Kit
post #133 of 133 Old April 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

MTF actually makes their own subframe with suspension, which makes the swap a breeze. They also have a full exhaust system including headers. You should probably check out their forum, you can see build threads of all their new parts for coyote swaps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/classic-mustangs/262725-coyote-1967-mustang-install.html
Posted By For Type Date
Vintage Mustang Forums - Got my Doug's Headers for the coyote build This thread Refback October 4th, 2017 06:50 PM
Got my Doug's Headers for the coyote build - Vintage Mustang Forums This thread Refback December 13th, 2015 06:38 PM
Vintage Mustang Forums - TCI Custom IFS problems with Coyote 5.0 Install This thread Refback March 25th, 2015 06:10 PM
Got my Doug's Headers for the coyote build - Vintage Mustang Forums This thread Pingback January 26th, 2013 02:04 AM
TCI Custom IFS problems with Coyote 5.0 Install - Vintage Mustang Forums This thread Pingback June 26th, 2012 06:48 PM