Audio Systems - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old November 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Audio Systems

I searched for a thread on this and couldn't find one.

I have a 1969 Coupe that I am working on and not interested in keeping it stock. I've already modified the suspension, engine, interior, and some of the body.

So, not being up on all the latest audio systems out there, I thought I'd tap into the knowledge base here to see what kind of setups some of you have. I am basically looking for ideas. I'm not looking to maintain a stock look, so heavily modified or unique systems are welcome.

It would be great to see some pics and descriptions of your systems. I'm sure others would benefit as well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old November 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
You had one job!

Mustangs to fear makes door panels that hold speakers and offer great sound. Aj has them and the look great. The big thing is putting in sound deading material like dynamat or lizard skin to clean up the echo.

I had kick panels in mine that held 6 inch speakers with 6x9 in the rear deck lid and it sound good but was not a super premium set up.

Edge went with the retro sound kit and really likes it.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #3 of 8 Old November 5th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Yep, been hoping to get some time that I could post pictures for you. I have Double-Din JVC in the MTF center console, and then 6.5" Mids and 2" Tweeters in the MTF Door panels. I have 6x9 in the rear deck and single 10" in the trunk. All the speakers are Polk DB series, and the AMP is a Rockford Fosgate 500Watt 5 channel unit. All speakers are run off of the AMP with the crossover enabled to keep bass out of the 6.5" and tweeters. I need to rebuild the customer box for the sub, as it is too small and killed a lot of the bass that I had when I had a pre-made box. I covered the entire floor and trunk with lizard-skin and then closed cell foam insulation. Car sounds as good as my modern cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old November 8th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Regular

Thats beautiful ajzride but unfortunately Mustangs to Fear doesn't make anything trunk kits or custom door panels for 69-70 mustangs
@Notams - I have a 70 coupe and I am looking for the same thing. I have searched a lot fo websites with no success, I think we are going to have to find someone to make it custom for our cars or learn how to make it ourselves.
post #5 of 8 Old November 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I made the trunk kit myself, check out my build thread on the how-to. For the fronts speakers... there is a lot more room in a 69 than a 65. My dad has kick panels speakers and they don't protrude into the footwell too much. Probably some sound quality sacrifice there compared to door panel speakers, but I image you are more concerned with the sound of the pipes out back anyways. You could always cut the doors if you really really want door speakers, it looks like that is what MTF did on Steve's. They have a nice looking grill there, was that a factory option in 69?

post #6 of 8 Old November 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
lmr

The last time I bought speakers, I went with CDT Audio.
post #7 of 8 Old November 9th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Finally got photobucket up and running. Here is what MTF did for door speakers on a 69:

post #8 of 8 Old November 12th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Regular

Looks real sharp AZ! Did you have factory door speakers or did you do them yourself?

Also, love the seats! Are they out of a newer mustang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page