moving power steering pump to passenger side 351w - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old November 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

moving power steering pump to passenger side 351w

Hi everyone,

I've searched this topic in 30 ways and am not finding much usable info unfortunately....so I'm hoping someone can direct me to a thread or help out here!

I am swapping a 351w into my 1970 Mustang that currently has a 302 and putting a Paxton supercharger on. In the current 302 setup, the alternator is on the top side of the passenger and the power steering pump is on the top side of the driver. Most of the 351w setups I see follow the same. With the supercharger going on the driver side, I'll obviously need to move the power steering pump to the passenger side down below the alternator or below the supercharger.

The question I have is, does someone sell a bracket setup for this or am I going to be stuck fabbing something on my own? I don't have AC (and don't plan to put it in) so if I can either put the power steering pump on the passenger side under the alternator or below the supercharger that obviously beats removing the power steering all together.

Any help on what others have done would be helpful - it seems as though every time I find a thread with pictures or links the links and pictures are dead! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old November 24th, 2015, 08:59 AM
You had one job!

Check out CVF racing pulleys and March pulleys. They have several different options available.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #3 of 4 Old November 24th, 2015, 09:07 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
I would call paxton and get the parts to mount the super on the passenger side. I believe you have to relocate the battery for the super to fit there though. Moving the steering pump would not be a great idea, now you have to route the hoses across the engine bay.

Carbureted Mustang Supercharger Systems | Paxton Superchargers

Two configurations are available: Passenger’s side mount, which allows the use of factory power steering and, the more traditional driver’s side mount that requires an alternator be included in place of a generator where applicable. For 1967-68 and 1969 351W passenger’s side mount systems, the Paxton battery relocation kit (#8N150-010) will be required.

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old November 27th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Regular

I have a paxton supercharger on my 65 it mounts on the passenger side.

I originally had a stock style power steering pump and later swapped to the krc unit so I know both will work. I did not relocate the battery. I am not sure if it is necessary for a 70. on the 65 I used a vortech turn tube to mount the air filter. I did have to shorten and modify it to fit without relocating the battery. but you might not need to.
Vortech Air Intake Tubes 4FG112-022 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

89 Fox convertible https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...y-new-toy.html
67 for my daughterhttps://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...pic-heavy.html
I also have a supercharged 65 65 myway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page