Modded Mustang Forums banner

1966 Coupe Restomod

10K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  BA Mustang 
#1 ·
I’ll post pictures of it later today. This was my grandfathers car that has sat for the past 2.5 years until a few weeks ago when my dad finally got it.

Plans right now are new drivetrain, fix the rust issues, shelby hood scoop, fender flares, new suspension/brakes, new wheels, finish the interior, and paint.

#2 ·

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Heres the unfinished interior. I was told my grandfather cut the carpet because he believed the cowl was still leaking.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Now on to the rust problems. The passenger side quarter is similar to the drivers side on the bottom but you can't tell because of the bondo they used to cover it up.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Got in the metal gt350 hood scoop today. Looking forward to welding it in place and seeing how it looks then.

#6 ·
Removed the hood letters, fender emblems, and rocker panel trim today. Plan on welding up all of the holes on Thursday while I'm off work. Fender flares were also ordered so hope to get started on that next week.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Also while working on the rear valence last week I found some more rust that I wasn't aware of. But thankfully I already have patches for the quarters, just need to order or make the patch for under the tail light panel.

#10 ·
Ordered a wheel that my dad will hopefully like. It was the only five spoke in grey that I could find wide enough to make the rear flares look right. Most 5x4.5 wheels for these cars stop at 8" but I was able to find this one which is 17x9.5". Plan to use a 275/40R17 rear tire to help fill it out as well.

Down the side of the car.

#16 ·
The new wheels and fender flares completely change the look of the car. I knew they would but seeing one side partially put together has surprised me how much it really changed it.

The front flare has not been trimmed yet so it hangs lower than it will eventually be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.