1966 Coupe Restomod - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BA Mustang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old August 9th, 2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1966 Coupe Restomod

I’ll post pictures of it later today. This was my grandfathers car that has sat for the past 2.5 years until a few weeks ago when my dad finally got it.

Plans right now are new drivetrain, fix the rust issues, shelby hood scoop, fender flares, new suspension/brakes, new wheels, finish the interior, and paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old August 9th, 2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Heres the unfinished interior. I was told my grandfather cut the carpet because he believed the cowl was still leaking.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Now on to the rust problems. The passenger side quarter is similar to the drivers side on the bottom but you can't tell because of the bondo they used to cover it up.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Got in the metal gt350 hood scoop today. Looking forward to welding it in place and seeing how it looks then.

post #3 of 7 Old August 9th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Enthusiast

Looks like a good solid car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old August 9th, 2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurma View Post
Looks like a good solid car!
I found more rust by the taillight panel but overall not too bad. My grandfather already patched the floors so I don’t have to worry about that.
post #5 of 7 Old August 18th, 2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Went to a local car show and snagged a couple trash fenders last weekend. Testing out one idea for our fender flares but I think we will end up ordering a set of flares and making them fit. This flare was ~1" wider than stock, used the level to show the difference.

BWAL likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old August 19th, 2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Removed the hood letters, fender emblems, and rocker panel trim today. Plan on welding up all of the holes on Thursday while I'm off work. Fender flares were also ordered so hope to get started on that next week.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Also while working on the rear valence last week I found some more rust that I wasn't aware of. But thankfully I already have patches for the quarters, just need to order or make the patch for under the tail light panel.

post #7 of 7 Old August 20th, 2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Got the front end taken apart and started preparing to weld up all of the trim and emblem holes. Found the whole front section of the hood had bondo but I'm guessing it was for a couple small flat spots I found.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page