So.... I want a gun - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey11 View Post
Your experience differs from mine. Comparing AR-15 to AR-15 I'd take an Oly Arms for price and good quality. Terrible, the entire AR-15 platform is TERRIBLE. It's the same tolerances used any way you look at it and the same materials. Only real difference is the name slapped on the side and the polymer used on the grips. He's looking for a gun to show off and use occasionally at the range, my terrible Oly Arms would do just that at a fraction the cost of a "higher end" manufacturer.

FALSE

Great, but keeping a rifle clean is important. You've ran 3000 rounds through your AR-15, great. Buy an M1A and tell me how often you get jams or have to clean that sucker. A lot less than your AR-15 thats for sure. AR-15's need to be kept cleaner, unless you are buying some high end HK or other gas piston system, you have a higher opportunity for jams in a dirty AR than a dirty M1A for instance. Cleaning is just good practice, some require it more often than others, the AR-15 is one of those guns.

never had one single jam or anything.... yes there are problems in iraq, but thats because of clp, not because of the gas system. quit reading the old vietnam problems and look at the new guns. 10x better

We agree on something, USGI mags are not that great but they do work. Agreed on the feedlips, alot of issues there, PMAGS are definetly better though and worth the extra cost.

I guess you missed my point, if you plan on using an ACOG for CQB, it's a bit nauseating looking through a zoomed scope for close range. The back up sights are alright. I guess in true CQB it wouldnt matter as you can point and shoot anyways. If you are looking for a simple to use optic for home defense then an Aimpoint or EoTech would do better because you dont have to learn a new shooting technique to use it in said environment. Dont get me wrong, ACOG's are great scopes, the cost is justifiable if you do medium to midlong range shooting and they are incredibly tough. But he didnt specify, for home defense I wouldnt recomend an ACOG to anyone, EO, yes, Aimpoint, sure, but an ACOG is a bit excessive, esp considering the price.

see, you didnt go read that link i posted about the bac, because you would see that the brain overpowers the image of the magnified and uses the image of your left eye, but puts the point from the acog onto the image that your left eye. go read that link, it explains it better than i can, and the acog, once you have this mastered is better than the aimpoints or eotechs (i own all 3 so im impartial)

Get what you want man, if you really want to blow the socks off some people, a good M1A set up in a Sage EBR stock would certainly impress some peeps. Ammunition isnt going to be cheap for either, but I suppose you dont buy guns because they are cheap!

<rant>
Jesus, you people here are a bit edgy when it comes to people with a different oppinion. You guys are more apt to jump and flame somebody else rather than post in a meaningfull maner. I'm finding it very hard to stay to this forum, most of the post degrade to "PIITB" which while funny the first time, has gotten seriously old. You people claim to be serious about modding, which is awesome, I trust that, but the quality of posts here reminds me more of 4chan then any decent discussion board. There is no reason to go after someone's balls in this type of thread. It's all personal experience, someone doesnt like one brand, others dont like another, get over it. I'm sorry I dont like your brand of guna nd my brand is "terrible." Learn to post in a constructive manner and say "Hey I disagree, my experience with Oly arms has been different, here is why" rather than saying flat out it's terrible. Guns are personal choices, respect others oppinion and learn to have a nice discussion.
</rant>

not just my experience.... go do some reading. they are terrible. they rank just a little higher on the scale than century arms. people would use them more if they had the quality of colts, bushmasters, sw, or any of the other top tier manufacturers. i guess it does come down to what your doing with it like you said. if your plinking, its fine, if your gonna use it hard like they are supposed to be used, then it will fail you.

Guess I should have stayed in bed this morning, already off to a bad start.
my responses are in red

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

I honestly thought these guns could be built for under 2 grand. closer to 1500. I know the acog might up the price, but i didnt think $3000 was the building price. I'll have to do some more shopping. I might just get the sig p229 i've been dreaming about for a year now. lol
post #23 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM

well, that $3000 is for the best of the best in an m4 carbine. i could build you a basic one for around $1000 right now.

lowers are going for around $200-250 for stripped lowers for the bigger names (if you can find one)
lower parts kits are around $80-100 (if you can find one)
uppers are going for $600-1000 depending on what your wanting and who built it. (the upper is what really matters, that and the bolt carrier group and bolt.) if you can find these
bcg (bolt carrier groups are going for $130 if you can find one
stocks, grips, and forearms can be had for cheap
acog will run you around $1000

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

SHEEPDOGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Gun Whore

im not really sure where to start in this thread. first ill start by saying whiskey11 your info is very flawed

QUOTE]Under what premise would this rifle be used?

There are LOTS of things to consider when looking into a rifle. AR-15's require a lot of attention in cleaning to be reliable, as wells as non-shitty mags.

I'm a huge Olympic Arms fan. Shot more than my fair share of AR's and the Oly Arms ones have always been my favorite to shoot.[/quote]

i have a AR15 that would completely disaggee with you. i have a rock river AR with well over 30K rounds through it... yes you read that right 30K and it has NEVER been cleaned, just 2 drops of oil on the bolt carrier every 2K rounds or so and smeared around. it has never had a single failure... NOT ONE. so cleaning to be reliable my ass. probably has something to do with the fact you have a olympic arms, thats the shittiest of the AR's.

this is a list of the recievers that olympic manufactures. if you've found olympics to be your favorite to shoot it must be because you low FTF's, FTE's, and stovepipes. i jsut LOVE clearing those are the range.

Quote:
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Quote:
In terms of accessories, the ACOG is probably the most expensive. ACOG's can cost just as much as the gun. Is it worth it? I dunno, you tell me. ACOG's are great optics but they do have their issues. An EoTech (Not my fav) or an Aimpoint are going to more than suit most people's target shooting needs, and for home defense are more than accurate and easy to aquire a target with in the confined spaces of the home.
once again more flawed feedback. a ACOG is not probably the most expensive. nightforce, USO, or S&B would be. its pretty expensive for a optic but $1000 still isnt very expensive compared to some others.

and what issues do they have? they are probably the most reliable optic you can put on top of a AR, only thing more reliable would be the irons. they have no issues bro. and then you go on to recommend a eotech, and aimpoint over a ACOG both of which use batteries!!! and you talk about reliablity issues with the ACOG.. SIKE!! and being more accurate, and easier to aquire targets in the home... well its very obvious to me that you've never used a ACOG.

Quote:
Magazines, dont skimp on magazines. USGI mags are horrid, buy some Magpul P-Mags and dont look back. By far best mag on the market right now. A bit more expensive now than before Obama got in office, but worth the cost for reliable feeding.
HA once again dont know what your talking about. obviously you've never put a magpul non tilt follower in a USGI mag. with that they are GREAT mags, definently not horrid. no more horrid than your oly AR.

Quote:
Real men shoot M1A's/M14's
HA this last statement cracks me up, you had the nerve to say something about the AR's reliability.

Quote:
Your experience differs from mine. Comparing AR-15 to AR-15 I'd take an Oly Arms for price and good quality. Terrible, the entire AR-15 platform is TERRIBLE. It's the same tolerances used any way you look at it and the same materials. Only real difference is the name slapped on the side and the polymer used on the grips. He's looking for a gun to show off and use occasionally at the range, my terrible Oly Arms would do just that at a fraction the cost of a "higher end" manufacturer.
HA once again just cant help but laugh. you remind me of the idiots who buy savages and say "ohh well it costs less than a remington and is just as good" when its costs the fuckin same and is a POS. there is more difference than just the brand engraved on the side. its not the same tolerences. you read about problems with AR's and theres about a 95% chance its going to be a Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century, or model 1.

Quote:
Great, but keeping a rifle clean is important. You've ran 3000 rounds through your AR-15, great. Buy an M1A and tell me how often you get jams or have to clean that sucker. A lot less than your AR-15 thats for sure. AR-15's need to be kept cleaner, unless you are buying some high end HK or other gas piston system, you have a higher opportunity for jams in a dirty AR than a dirty M1A for instance. Cleaning is just good practice, some require it more often than others, the AR-15 is one of those guns.
ive owned my fair share of M1A's too and talk about a jam o matic. i think i'd take an SKS over a M1A. my M1A's where mainly precision guns but still the same operating mechanism and they jammed all the fuckin time and they were getting fed match grade ammo. got rid of them and replaced them with AR10's and never looked back. never had a problem either, AND more accurate.

Quote:
We agree on something, USGI mags are not that great but they do work. Agreed on the feedlips, alot of issues there, PMAGS are definetly better though and worth the extra cost.
i dont think its agreeing i think its just one thing your opinion wasnt as flawed on.

Quote:
I guess you missed my point, if you plan on using an ACOG for CQB, it's a bit nauseating looking through a zoomed scope for close range. The back up sights are alright. I guess in true CQB it wouldnt matter as you can point and shoot anyways. If you are looking for a simple to use optic for home defense then an Aimpoint or EoTech would do better because you dont have to learn a new shooting technique to use it in said environment. Dont get me wrong, ACOG's are great scopes, the cost is justifiable if you do medium to midlong range shooting and they are incredibly tough. But he didnt specify, for home defense I wouldnt recomend an ACOG to anyone, EO, yes, Aimpoint, sure, but an ACOG is a bit excessive, esp considering the price.
there is nothing wrong with a ACOG for CQB, once again you obviously havnt used one much. you look through it at close range and it appears fine, rear up in bindon aiming concept. it also works great if you use the killflash and a flip up cap over it, and just close the cap. i used this method shooting yesterday trying it all the way out to 15 yards and it worked perfectly. there is no problem with a ACOG for CQB just just have to know how to use it and i assure you its no harder than using a aimpoint, or eotech. simpler actually you dont even have to turn the fucker on. the reticle is there the 24/7 fukker.

Quote:
Get what you want man, if you really want to blow the socks off some people, a good M1A set up in a Sage EBR stock would certainly impress some peeps. Ammunition isnt going to be cheap for either, but I suppose you dont buy guns because they are cheap!
yeah so lets recommend a big heavy M1A with a crazy ammount of mzzle blast and more jams than your olympic AR, and a desert eagle combined. right, there exactly the gun i would want.

Quote:
<rant>
Jesus, you people here are a bit edgy when it comes to people with a different oppinion. You guys are more apt to jump and flame somebody else rather than post in a meaningfull maner. I'm finding it very hard to stay to this forum, most of the post degrade to "PIITB" which while funny the first time, has gotten seriously old. You people claim to be serious about modding, which is awesome, I trust that, but the quality of posts here reminds me more of 4chan then any decent discussion board. There is no reason to go after someone's balls in this type of thread. It's all personal experience, someone doesnt like one brand, others dont like another, get over it. I'm sorry I dont like your brand of guna nd my brand is "terrible." Learn to post in a constructive manner and say "Hey I disagree, my experience with Oly arms has been different, here is why" rather than saying flat out it's terrible. Guns are personal choices, respect others oppinion and learn to have a nice discussion.
</rant>

Guess I should have stayed in bed this morning, already off to a bad start
when your giving somebody bad info, somebody is going to call you on it. i think you own a OLY because you were cheap when you bought a AR, and i dont think youve tried much of any AR's. if you did you wouldnt be bitching about AR reliability issues meanshile turning right around and telling everybody how great your oly is.

Modded Mustangs Make-A-Wish for Bubba "BWAL09"
[url]https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/112652-hey-guys-mm-needs-unite-bubba.html[/url]

[QUOTE=Drgnracin72;1870015]please do this country a favor and go play tag football with an oncoming car[/QUOTE]
post #25 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM

what i really meant to say is get a derringer

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SHEEPDOGS
post #26 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_90fox View Post
All of you posting up your guns is making me very very jealous. I know a few of you on here could probably get the parts and build me the rifle I want.

I want an AR15, M4, M16. Something along those lines.
Very tactical looking. Collapsable stock, grip, light, acog, a tactical sling (3 point or whatever they're called).

So all you gun guys get in here and help me with some decisions. I will have to get my taxes back before I buy anything. I just want some ideas and some ball park prices.
get the gun first. its the harder part, and the rest of the stuff can be bought later on down the road.

i would stick with a 16" flat top rifle. whether you want a M4gery with the notch in the barrel is up to you, me personally i would just find what pops up

i would look for a complete rifle first. there are several great brands to choose from i'd go with any one of the following. top picks would be LMT, LCW, Stag, RRA, Colt, High Standard, and CMMG all make great top tier non billet AR's. bushmaster and DPMS also make decent stuff but i certainly wouldnt buy it over the others. LAR makes their lowers which are good shit, but there upper just arent that great, they do tend to have some problems. just stay away from olympic, model 1, and any no name companies.

if you dont have luck finding a complete rifle then buy the upper and lower seperatly.

for stripped lowers you cant go wrong with LMT, LCW, Stag, RRA, Colt, High Standard, Delton, CMMG, Bushmaster, spikes, fulton, doublestar. they all make great lowers. then for lower parts kit i would stick to RRA, or Stag they really seem to be the best out there and also not too terrible to find. then for stocks i would jsut pick up a RRA 6 POS kit. they are good quality and go for about $70 shipped for the whole kit.

for the upper look for a complete one with BCG and charging handle, its just the easiest way to do it so you dont have to hunt for parts. find something in 16" with carbine length gas system and a flat top. LMT, RRA, Colt, CMMG, Bravo Company complete uppers are all great.

once you have the rifle look for some mags. i would pick up no less than 10 Pmags. watch bravo company and hopefully you get lucky and spot them in stock. when in stock they go for $14.20 for non windowed 30's. if you cant find them let me know because i have a order of 200 black 30 round non windoweds coming in.

once you have the mag and the rifle you can go ahead and get a good BUIS and be shooting. MI, GG&G, TROY all make good BUIS's just to name a few.

then from their modify and add on to your rifle. sling would be next for me and when it comes to slings i have one choice blue force gear vickers 2 point. its the shit IMO. mike of TIS has his new carbine sling coming out soon that for 50 bucks you get a sling you can use however you want. 1, 2, or 3 point all in one. i use TIS quick cuffs on all my bolt rifles and i have no doubt this sling will be the shit. he is supposed to be sending me one to play with and test out.

next would be the ACOG. personally i thing the 4X32 models are where its at. stay away from the TA01 series because they are not BAC. i would look at all the TA31's and see which reticle you like the most. i have a TA31A with the triangle reticle coming with a AR package i just bought that i will make you a great deal on if your intrested.

after that, forend. me personally im going with the daniel defense M4 7" free float for my go to rifle. it will be set up very much like the rifle you are talking about.

then get your light (surefire > all), grip, upgrade the buttsock if you wish, vertical foregrip if you wish (tangodown is the shit)

just whatever you do... DONT SETTLE get what you want even if you may have to save up a little longer. you will only be unhappy until you get what you really want and it will cost you more to upgrade later down the road.

[url]https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/112652-hey-guys-mm-needs-unite-bubba.html[/url]

[QUOTE=Drgnracin72;1870015]please do this country a favor and go play tag football with an oncoming car[/QUOTE]
post #27 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

good shit Chronic. Thanks
post #28 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Made in U.S.A.

post #29 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 09:45 PM
The Razor's Edge

Send a message via AIM to White Thunder
nice rocks

founder of the FTN Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
how do you put someones quote in your sig?
post #30 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Gun Whore

those are some sick ass rocks.

btw what rail in the first pic?

post #31 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM

looks like a daniel defense rail.... similar to the kac but extends all the way to the rail on the upper reciever.... i may be wrong though

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SHEEPDOGS
post #32 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Gun Whore

thats what i was thinking. doesnt TROY rails also extend back tot he recieve too? i know theres a few that do.

post #33 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Made in U.S.A.

I like my rocks, too !!

It's a Daniel Defense Omega 9". Super easy to install, solid, and light. I just need to do something about the spot that wasn't parkerized when the FSB was on there ..
post #34 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
if you order a gun, expect about a year wait to get it.
this is what ill have in march, as long as they dont keep extending the time...

Online Store &mdash; DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories.

also, it has gone up 100$ since i ordered it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #35 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM

why would you order it direct form them? go to a gun shop and buy one

RIP

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SHEEPDOGS
post #36 of 89 Old February 8th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Gun Whore

+1 on not ordering directly from them. i would have just waited for something you like to pop up on arfcom

post #37 of 89 Old February 9th, 2009, 02:06 AM
drgnracins bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgnracin72 View Post
i love kawk
gross

and your suggestion for a derringer......

post #38 of 89 Old February 9th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Administrator

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #39 of 89 Old February 9th, 2009, 02:08 AM
drgnracins bitch

tony... fagnracn said he liked the kid rock/avril picture in your sig

and who is the bangin hot chick in your avatar???

post #40 of 89 Old February 9th, 2009, 02:24 AM
One Man Wolf Pack

Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT
@ baron's user title.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page