questions about how accidents go - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadoru View Post
im sorry but you guys are just wrong. first just because i feel like hitting my brakes whenever i damn well please doesnt make it legal. second all cars are not made equal in the case of brakes or any other aspect for that matter so him saying the maxima a piece of crap is perfectly justifiable third and this is the important one, if someone hit the brakes with the intention of causing an accident (and hitting your brakes when the light is green on a slippery road is just about as intentional as you can get) makes the fault placed on the driver who caused the accident. why? because that person CAUSED the accident, not the other way around

i dont know if he was at fault or not and im not saying hes in the right or that he WASNT at fault but if you take what he said and intrepretted it as such he would be in the right.
No you're wrong. It's called defensive driving, you need to be in control of your vehicle regardless of someone's piss poor driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM
Doc

^ yep.

Imagine how us bikers feel..

post #43 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:19 PM
Enthusiast

Let's face it. There's obviously more to the story than he's saying and he's obviously changing details to make us pity him and give him attention. I won't bother pointing out the things he has said that gave it away seeing as most of you are already tearing into him quite nicely.

I will however add my own humor story...Night time, 4 way intersection, three lanes for each direction. I'm facing north, 3 cars from the red light waiting to turn east. We get the green arrow and start driving. 1st car makes the turn, 2nd car makes the turn, i start turning only to get bashed into by some old folk blowing the light from the west, and in the wrong lane. He gets numerous tickets on the stop. When his insurance company finally calls me (which is a big no no by the way. NEVER deal directly with the other parties insurance co) they say they're not paying for anything, and I am actually at fault because I "Should have seen him coming." Furious, I asked her if I came to her office and stabbed her in the neck with a pencil if I can use that defense in court. She put me on hold without saying a word, the supervisor came back and offered to split fault 50/50. I said, "I'll call you back, my lawyers calling." and hung up. Two days later had a call from their insurance co to set up a date to have them check the car out and cut me a check
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:20 PM
King of Clubhouse

Send a message via AIM to Till
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadoru View Post
im sorry but you guys are just wrong. first just because i feel like hitting my brakes whenever i damn well please doesnt make it legal. second all cars are not made equal in the case of brakes or any other aspect for that matter so him saying the maxima a piece of crap is perfectly justifiable third and this is the important one, if someone hit the brakes with the intention of causing an accident (and hitting your brakes when the light is green on a slippery road is just about as intentional as you can get) makes the fault placed on the driver who caused the accident. why? because that person CAUSED the accident, not the other way around

i dont know if he was at fault or not and im not saying hes in the right or that he WASNT at fault but if you take what he said and intrepretted it as such he would be in the right.

Umm besides what nastystang said

Are you a judge? Do you make the law? Are you a officer? Can you suggest who is at fault?

Not trying to rude.

Also did we ever get info on the lady? Hmm maybe she was old? Maybe she got lost? Have you ever been lost and made a "Accident" then tried to correct it?

Also you can say whatever you want about the brakes and how it handles etc etc etc all day long it doesnt justify his following 2-3 car lengths while doing 40-45 in the RAIN when you know its going to take longer to stop....

Thats just ignorant if you want to get real about it.

Your asking for trouble if you follow someone at 40-45 in the rain with 2 car lengths and not being able to CONTROL YOUR vehicle.

Bet if he had been doing like your supposed to 4-5 car lengths we would not have this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
No you're wrong. It's called defensive driving, you need to be in control of your vehicle regardless of someone's piss poor driving.
+9328971298714984

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
^ yep.

Imagine how us bikers feel..
No doubt I hate ignorant cagers when im on the bike. I got lucky most are pretty aware around here. In DC they are NOT they dont care. Cabbies suck.

My friend of mine taught me how to take care of cabs trying to share lanes though

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickndslick2 View Post
^^go burn in a fire
Dumbass Club Founder
MM + Cleavage member #23
post #45 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM
Not Banned

lol.

i don't get it. all you guys are telling the OP it's his fault blah blah blah, but if you actually read the thread, the cop declared him not at fault. idk what your insurance policies are like, but normally for a claim, the insurance company doesn't put all the blame on the guy who WASN'T AT FAULT.

post #46 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:23 PM
King of Clubhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectcircle View Post
Let's face it. There's obviously more to the story than he's saying and he's obviously changing details to make us pity him and give him attention. I won't bother pointing out the things he has said that gave it away seeing as most of you are already tearing into him quite nicely.

I will however add my own humor story...Night time, 4 way intersection, three lanes for each direction. I'm facing north, 3 cars from the red light waiting to turn east. We get the green arrow and start driving. 1st car makes the turn, 2nd car makes the turn, i start turning only to get bashed into by some old folk blowing the light from the west, and in the wrong lane. He gets numerous tickets on the stop. When his insurance company finally calls me (which is a big no no by the way. NEVER deal directly with the other parties insurance co) they say they're not paying for anything, and I am actually at fault because I "Should have seen him coming." Furious, I asked her if I came to her office and stabbed her in the neck with a pencil if I can use that defense in court. She put me on hold without saying a word, the supervisor came back and offered to split fault 50/50. I said, "I'll call you back, my lawyers calling." and hung up. Two days later had a call from their insurance co to set up a date to have them check the car out and cut me a check
HAHA bold move on your part bro saying that if you really did but props!!!

yeah thats one thing my dad and mom always said if I ever get into a accident dont talk to anyone but my insurance company and he (my agent) will handle the rest.

Quote:
^^go burn in a fire
Dumbass Club Founder
MM + Cleavage member #23
post #47 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:27 PM
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
My friend of mine taught me how to take care of cabs trying to share lanes though
Yea, you move to the center of the lane if they try to share.

Granted that is not the best place for a bike, but you only need there to ride there for a few seconds until the cab gets the idea to not try and share the lane with you.

Taking off mirrors and what not is a different story..

Did you know (if you have a powerful enough bike) that you can dump the clutch at about 15k and spray wet hot tire all over a hood?

post #48 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM
King of Clubhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Ball3r View Post
Im going to skip a lot of what happened afterwards since its still making me mad, but basically the second cop that came told me that it was ok for someone to be completely distracted and use a cell phone or gps while driving and make it my fault. i almost blew up on him. I didnt get a ticket, and he placed fault on both of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
lol.

i don't get it. all you guys are telling the OP it's his fault blah blah blah, but if you actually read the thread, the cop declared him not at fault. idk what your insurance policies are like, but normally for a claim, the insurance company doesn't put all the blame on the guy who WASN'T AT FAULT.

I read fast so I may have skipped that post where he said he was declared not at fault....

Did I? (being serious)

Quote:
^^go burn in a fire
Dumbass Club Founder
MM + Cleavage member #23
post #49 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
King of Clubhouse

Quote:
Yea, you move to the center of the lane if they try to share.

Granted that is not the best place for a bike, but you only need there to ride there for a few seconds until the cab gets the idea to not try and share the lane with you.

Taking off mirrors and what not is a different story..

Did you know (if you have a powerful enough bike) that you can dump the clutch at about 15k and spray wet hot tire all over a hood?

My bike was powerful enough =P except Id get her to 16k first few times I was scared she'd break lose.

Then tires got expensive LOL

Quote:
^^go burn in a fire
Dumbass Club Founder
MM + Cleavage member #23
post #50 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM
Doc

Be careful young one.

My new bike can hit 18.5k .. I've taken it up to 6k and have not needed slightly anything else as far as power goes.

post #51 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM
Not Banned

Quote:
I read fast so I may have skipped that post where he said he was declared not at fault....

Did I? (being serious)
oh lol. well... uh...

i was on my cell phone so i wasn't paying attention. its not my fault

post #52 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
HAHA bold move on your part bro saying that if you really did but props!!!

yeah thats one thing my dad and mom always said if I ever get into a accident dont talk to anyone but my insurance company and he (my agent) will handle the rest.
It was many moons ago when I was 17 and thought the world had an obligation to bow down to me...This is only one of the few times that mindset worked in my favor back then..The rest didn't end so well
post #53 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:36 PM
King of Clubhouse

Quote:
Be careful young one.

My new bike can hit 18.5k .. I've taken it up to 6k and have not needed slightly anything else as far as power goes.
Lol no worries bro sold it, using moms vstar for now until I get feet planted firmly into the world. Then ill get another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
oh lol. well... uh...

i was on my cell phone so i wasn't paying attention. its not my fault
lol no big bro I wouldnt tear into a guy without a decent reason.

Night guys

Quote:
^^go burn in a fire
Dumbass Club Founder
MM + Cleavage member #23
post #54 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Funny enough when I was 16 years old this very thing happened to me. I ran into the back of a old lady who slammed on brakes at a green light. I looked in my mirror to see if I could get over to pass her and when I looked back it was too late. Guess what!? I knew it was my fault and put my big boy pants on. I was kind of mad that it happened but I didn't ever think I would of did the lady a favor if she would of got hurt, like you.
post #55 of 59 Old July 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM
Not Banned

when i was 17, i rear ended this beetle which jolted forward and rear ended this sweet fox. we all got out of our cars and looked at the damage and there was not a damn scratch on any of our vehicles lol. we all just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and left. greatest accident ever.

post #56 of 59 Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Perfectcircle;2976730]Let's face it. There's obviously more to the story than he's saying and he's obviously changing details to make us pity him and give him attention. I won't bother pointing out the things he has said that gave it away seeing as most of you are already tearing into him quite nicely.

QUOTE]

You are an idiot and an asshole. Go fuck yourself.

post #57 of 59 Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
And we're done.

post #58 of 59 Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:19 AM
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod

no. now were done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
post #59 of 59 Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page