well Sam's Club took a Dump on me today. - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

well Sam's Club took a Dump on me today.

since i dont have any tread on my front tires, (there like racing slicks now) and i have acquired a giant nail in my front left tire, i went to sams with my mom and ordered some tires, all together i was $360 or a little higher, they came in today so i went to go get them.

Well the tires are all payed for, i have proof of purchase in hand, and im not aloud to get them. they told me that i need my card, to make sure i really did buy them. so i said i could go to my moms work to get the card, and they said that is not acceptable, and that i would have to buy a membership.

this is starting to piss me off now, and they call a manager to come explain to me why i cant get my tires that i bought,

well the manager is like you have to have your mom come in with you and you may pay her back, so i responded with "i bought these tires" and she goes, " No your not aloud to do that" so i say " i bought these almost $400 tires why cant i put them on" and she goes, i see that you have bought these tires. and then she tryed making the price seem not so high, so i ended up telling her that i have a blow out, (because im mean comeon i have no tread and a giant nail in my tire, its bound to happen soon) so shes like, "WEll BECAUSE IM A NICE PERSON AND THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, IM NOT GOING TO SEND YOU HOME, BECAUSE THATS WRONG, BUT IN THE FUTURE YOU NEED A MEMBER SHIP" i just wanted to say soo much, Bitch i know whats right and wrong im a damn eagle scout....

and she kept asking me if i understood why im wrong, so i just said "Yes" because i did not want to hear her talk any more, so she then goes up to the lady behind the counter and explains to her, that i understand im in the wrong.

well they put a few people ahead of me and the food place wasnt open so i just left and i looked at the lady behind the counter and say "i really dont know why i cant put on my tires that are payed for with proof of purchase for the vehicle that i told was going to be put on when bought, i just said i understood because she looked as though she was getting mad at me" and well im just going to go back later with my mom.

good news is i did not die while driving home. but i still have to drive back

i dont know what i did wrong to make them all mad at me i was just supporting there business by buying their product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

It's pretty common to need the card that an item was purchased on to physically take that item. Also since you aren't the person on the card, I'm not surprised they wouldn't let you just go get the card.

I could find some lady with the last name Cook and order a bunch of stuff on it and just tell the places she is my mom...

Do the Right Thing, Cook. ~Zip.
post #3 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

i have the debit card that the tires where bought on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:13 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick530 View Post
You dont have the sams club card, thats what they care about. Your mistake was saying you paid for them and not your mom... So in their minds a nonmember bought stuff at a member price because you dont have a card.They dont car who the member was, it could be your mom or some random dude from the parking lot, that member is the only one who pays the yearly fee and the only one who can technically get their discount.

If you paid with your moms debit card and had her membership card with you and claimed it was her car you wouldnt have had a problem.

2001 Mustang V6- Sold
2014 Focus ST
post #5 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

oh well, im going back later with my mom, for all they know, i could of actually been buying her tires with her membership with my card. well i asked if i could come back with a card, and they said no anyway.
post #6 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
So...? Is your name on that card or is it your mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Banger View Post
You dont have the sams club card, thats what they care about. Your mistake was saying you paid for them and not your mom... So in their minds a nonmember bought stuff at a member price because you dont have a card.They dont car who the member was, it could be your mom or some random dude from the parking lot, that member is the only one who pays the yearly fee and the only one who can technically get their discount.

If you paid with your moms debit card and had her membership card with you and claimed it was her car you wouldnt have had a problem.
Exactly.

post #7 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
oh well, im going back later with my mom, for all they know, i could of actually been buying her tires with her membership with my card. well i asked if i could come back with a card, and they said no anyway.
There's a reason they have membership programs and make people pay membership fees. If they let non-members buy things with other people's memberships, what's the point of having memberships in the first place?

You should have just let your mom take care of the whole thing and just paid her back.

post #8 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

when i bought them they didn't care whose money was paying for it, and they used to have a rule where immediate family was aloud to do things like this well, ill just have to go with her everytime i go get tires.
post #9 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
MM Fanatic

Like you said before, you obviously dont understand when people try to tell you that you need your OWN membership card to get stuff from there. It doesnt matter if you paid for it in advance or not, its the stores rules so you're stuck following them.

2001 Mustang V6- Sold
2014 Focus ST
post #10 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

well i wouldnt be able to buy it with out a membership, and my brothers done it before, too, but that was about half a year ago, so i think they changed their rules.

ma bad, for having the proof of purchase and trying to pick something up
post #11 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
they told me that i need my card, to make sure i really did buy them. so i said i could go to my moms work to get the card, and they said that is not acceptable, and that i would have to buy a membership.
I'm assuming this means it was purchased on your mom's credit card?

post #12 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

no her membership card

her theres not much of a picture on it, its really grainy, black and white, and my mom has short hair, so i could pass off as her, even though her name is doris, thats my grampa's name, so it could be a guys name too
post #13 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
no her membership card

her theres not much of a picture on it, its really grainy, black and white, and my mom has short hair, so i could pass off as her, even though her name is doris, thats my grampa's name, so it could be a guys name too
So you bought something on someone else's membership card and you're upset that they don't want to let you take ownership of the product? Seems like memberships are in place so only members can buy things from the stores...

post #14 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
since i dont have any tread on my front tires, (there like racing slicks now) and i have acquired a giant nail in my front left tire, i went to sams with my mom and ordered some tires, all together i was $360 or a little higher, they came in today so i went to go get them.

Well the tires are all payed for, i have proof of purchase in hand, and im not aloud to get them. they told me that i need my card, to make sure i really did buy them. so i said i could go to my moms work to get the card, and they said that is not acceptable, and that i would have to buy a membership.

this is starting to piss me off now, and they call a manager to come explain to me why i cant get my tires that i bought,

well the manager is like you have to have your mom come in with you and you may pay her back, so i responded with "i bought these tires" and she goes, " No your not aloud to do that" so i say " i bought these almost $400 tires why cant i put them on" and she goes, i see that you have bought these tires. and then she tryed making the price seem not so high, so i ended up telling her that i have a blow out, (because im mean comeon i have no tread and a giant nail in my tire, its bound to happen soon) so shes like, "WEll BECAUSE IM A NICE PERSON AND THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, IM NOT GOING TO SEND YOU HOME, BECAUSE THATS WRONG, BUT IN THE FUTURE YOU NEED A MEMBER SHIP" i just wanted to say soo much, Bitch i know whats right and wrong im a damn eagle scout....

and she kept asking me if i understood why im wrong, so i just said "Yes" because i did not want to hear her talk any more, so she then goes up to the lady behind the counter and explains to her, that i understand im in the wrong.

well they put a few people ahead of me and the food place wasnt open so i just left and i looked at the lady behind the counter and say "i really dont know why i cant put on my tires that are payed for with proof of purchase for the vehicle that i told was going to be put on when bought, i just said i understood because she looked as though she was getting mad at me" and well im just going to go back later with my mom.

good news is i did not die while driving home. but i still have to drive back

i dont know what i did wrong to make them all mad at me i was just supporting there business by buying their product.

post #15 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

^^^ lol, i will never understand why people who make min. wage care so much anyway.
the other day someone asked if milk was a $1 because they would expire in two day, and the ones that expired in 1 more day had tags that said $1, so i was just like fuck it, ill put on the tag for $1, instead of asking a manager, and now that customer comes back every weekend to buy stuff, you customer service is probly the best thing, maybe if she was more nicer about it, i would be a little more satisfied, and gotten a member ship at a later date, but now i think ill just go with my mom everytime i need tires, and use her card when i need gas.

no, she was with me at the time i bought it. so we figured we could just go pick it up, since my brothers done it be for...

i guess your not in the situation that im in right now so you dont understand as much.

my tires have no tread, and i have a nail in one of them, its a safety hazard, the tires where bought with a membership, just with a card thats not of a member (doesnt have to be a member buying it, as long as they are there with you and family. so i just wanted the product that is payed for. she told them it was going on a black mustang and so thats what was brought to the place.
post #16 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
no her membership card

Quote:
no, she was with me at the time i bought it. so we figured we could just go pick it up, since my brothers done it be for...

i guess your not in the situation that im in right now so you dont understand as much.

This thread FTW! LOL
post #17 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

well i wasnt an asshole when they didnt give me my tires

i eat awesome, and shit excellence, i deserve FREE TIRES....
post #18 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
eeeee!

Send a message via AIM to Genevieve!
ok so what I am getting is that your Mom paid for the tires, In person, At the store, with her membership card.

and when you went to pick them up they said "sorry you dont have a membership" Even though they sold them to your mom, a person with a membership card.
post #19 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

It is a good thing you were not a a-hole.
post #20 of 59 Old May 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve! View Post
ok so what I am getting is that your Mom paid for the tires, In person, At the store, with her membership card.

and when you went to pick them up they said "sorry you dont have a membership" Even though they sold them to your mom, a person with a membership card.
It sounds as if he went in there and said, "Hi, I paid for these tires but I used my mom's membership card. Can you please install the tires?"

J/K, I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page