Hello - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM
MM Fanatic

You should check out the northeast section. Are you going to OC this weekend?

403rwhp/403rwtq.
M.A.D. #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
I didn't miss it. I'm just lazy and don't want to make my phone quote or point out who I'm answering.

"Thanks. Like everyone here my car's my baby." was to Zip.

Rich, I'd love to be going over to Ocean City but I currently have almost no life. I'm house sitting for my sister and her husband and babysitting my four and three year old nephews for two months.

I'll definitely look into that for when I'm free though.
post #23 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
It is Maryland weather. The suns is kind of out, I can see some blue sky, but it drizzled on my way home for lunch... Pretty much for the next week I heard 'when it's not partly sunny it's gonna be storming'.

And thanks. Like everyone here my car's my baby.
Sounds like here. It's about 60 and cloudy and it's the best weather we've had in weeks. So what are you plans for the GT? Anything exciting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
Are you cutting through western MD because there is a section that is only like 5 miles wide.
Yeah, just cutting through. I'm moving to alabama for a while, and might make a few stops along the way (NC/SC etc) to visit some peoples.

Rollin on 335 Steamrollers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I Want A Good Speed Raping

Send a message via AIM to chocolate Send a message via MSN to chocolate Send a message via Yahoo to chocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectcircle View Post
Sounds like here. It's about 60 and cloudy and it's the best weather we've had in weeks. So what are you plans for the GT? Anything exciting?

Yeah, just cutting through. I'm moving to alabama for a while, and might make a few stops along the way (NC/SC etc) to visit some peoples.
O your going to cut throught MD and not even set up a quick meet somewhere

JK bro it would be cool for all the MD guys to get a meet together (with or without stangs) chill have some food and chat.

post #25 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast

I'm down to meet up. Still not sure when i'm leaving yet but should be anytime now. I'm still working out a transfer to my company's birmingham facility, and working out some stuff with the united way (i'm soley going to bama to help with the storm relief effort). Then i'll be rolling! Not sure if the stang is accompanying me right away or not but if so, we should all def figure something out.

post #26 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

Perfectcircle, sadly nothing too awesome can happen with it for awhile. Just spent my fun money to treat myself to a trip to Ireland after my faux-parenting ends and before school starts.

Then with paying for school there went the rest of it.

But next year, if it all works out, my car will finally get a cold air intake. I had the money ready to buy one for it before I even bought the car, but my alternator went a month after I brought the car home so it had to be redistributed to a new one.

Then I can fix my exhaust so it sounds pretty. I use 'pretty' in a manly muscley way here. And I would love some nice cams to give it a little lope.

I want those basics the most.
post #27 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Faux-parenting ends...

hmm... step parent?

post #28 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I Want A Good Speed Raping

Send a message via AIM to chocolate Send a message via MSN to chocolate Send a message via Yahoo to chocolate
Babysitting i believe zip.

post #29 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Perfectcircle, sadly nothing too awesome can happen with it for awhile. Just spent my fun money to treat myself to a trip to Ireland after my faux-parenting ends and before school starts.

Then with paying for school there went the rest of it.

But next year, if it all works out, my car will finally get a cold air intake. I had the money ready to buy one for it before I even bought the car, but my alternator went a month after I brought the car home so it had to be redistributed to a new one.

Then I can fix my exhaust so it sounds pretty. I use 'pretty' in a manly muscley way here. And I would love some nice cams to give it a little lope.

I want those basics the most.
mmmmm cams. I LOVE the sound of hot rod cams on those years. Sucks on no money for toys, but school is important. Though, now that you have a new car, think of all the things you can ask for for xmas from your bf and family!

post #30 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

It's a Mustang it's bound to sound sexy.

But yeah I'm hoping I can convince people to get me money and I can get new rotors and pads. Mine are screeching and driving me mad. Luckily getting enough birthday money for those shouldn't be too difficult seeing as I'll be 21. So yeah.

But other than that most things I want I don't have cause they're too expensive for me at the moment. So I won't be getting them from other people.
post #31 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

Oh and yes, babysitting. Not sure I'm parent of any kind materiel just yet.
post #32 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh and yes, babysitting. Not sure I'm parent of any kind materiel just yet.
It's been my experience that usually those who have given thought to whether or not they would be good parents, typically make the best parents.

Just sayin'.

post #33 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

Eh that'd be nice I guess. Wouldn't wanna be a shitty parent.
post #34 of 65 Old May 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Eh that'd be nice I guess. Wouldn't wanna be a shitty parent.
lol.

Yeah, although, speaking as a parent, there is a time and place to be a shitty parent. In terms of what a child would consider a shitty parent.

But yeah, absolutely.

post #35 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 05:49 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
It's a Mustang it's bound to sound sexy.

But yeah I'm hoping I can convince people to get me money and I can get new rotors and pads. Mine are screeching and driving me mad. Luckily getting enough birthday money for those shouldn't be too difficult seeing as I'll be 21. So yeah.

But other than that most things I want I don't have cause they're too expensive for me at the moment. So I won't be getting them from other people.
When the time comes to order parts like that, have a look at rockauto.com if you haven't heard of it already. Their prices are usually awesome and delivery time is great. If you don't drive on the rotors too long you could save some money and just have them turned, then you only have to buy pads

post #36 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

They were turned. They warped over the winter and never made a peep. Got then turned and since then they've screeched like crazy. A friend of the family is a good mechanic. He said it's probably the fact that they were turned instead of just buying new ones. The shop even replaced the pads for free for me after two weeks to see if that'd help. But they were talking out their asses so I don't think my car's going there again.

I don't trust 20 year old guys who's first words after doing something with my car are, "I was so excited to drive it then I saw it was an automatic."... That was the only feature I couldn't find on the car. Everything else about this car was exactly what I wanted and beggars can't be choosers. Plus I don't know what he drives, but I wouldn't give a second thought to any of the cars in that lot. So I don't know why he feels the need to find something wrong with my car.

Though as a thought do you think if I bought done nice HPS Hawk pads it'd help at all? I don't mind a little squeaking but right now it's ear splitting. I "shihhhh" my car while I'm pulling up to stops, lal.
post #37 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Abyssinian of AX

Quote:
Towson
Welcome

I have an AC/DC bootleg CD from Towson in Oct. '79. Guess that makes you alright in my book

Jazzer

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/jazzerthecat/JazzerEatsTwisty.jpg

Un-Official Suspension Guide | Choosing a new tire | Brakes upgrade ~ Speeding up slowing down | T-3650 ~ T-56 swap | Tire and Wheel Fitment Guide | The Kitty makes front page news
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gonzo! View Post
It would still be fun to have a truck that poops speed bumps in fast succession.
post #38 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

We also have the Recher Theatre and had Johnny Unitas and Don Shula.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #39 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
They were turned. They warped over the winter and never made a peep. Got then turned and since then they've screeched like crazy. A friend of the family is a good mechanic. He said it's probably the fact that they were turned instead of just buying new ones. The shop even replaced the pads for free for me after two weeks to see if that'd help. But they were talking out their asses so I don't think my car's going there again.

I don't trust 20 year old guys who's first words after doing something with my car are, "I was so excited to drive it then I saw it was an automatic."... That was the only feature I couldn't find on the car. Everything else about this car was exactly what I wanted and beggars can't be choosers. Plus I don't know what he drives, but I wouldn't give a second thought to any of the cars in that lot. So I don't know why he feels the need to find something wrong with my car.

Though as a thought do you think if I bought done nice HPS Hawk pads it'd help at all? I don't mind a little squeaking but right now it's ear splitting. I "shihhhh" my car while I'm pulling up to stops, lal.
lol, i hate that! You feel like everyone is looking at you saying "look at that piece of shit." It's like that with my door, it squeeks when I open it no matter how much lube I put on it. So now when people are around I try and make a noise at the same time i expect it to squeek, like cough or what not lol. My theory on certain parts are unless it's a huge necessity to go with fancy stuff, I just get the stock part. They were good enough for ford to put them on from the factory, they're good enough for me to put them on now.

Nothing wrong with automatics! My 01 is an auto, and you'll actually get a lot of support from the guys here. Sure you lose some of that fun factor when toying around, but autos are consistent and with the right tunes, can shift better than your typical person) can.

post #40 of 65 Old May 21st, 2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
there's a tech section?

It's not so much what people think so much as I can no longer nonchalantly pull up next to someone at a stop light when I'm trying to pass them. I screech like a fright train and announce to them that I plan on being in front, lal.

But yeah I like my auto. If I'd had the choice I'd have gotten a manual just for that fun factor but, as a girl, it's much easier to put my hair up while driving without having to worry about stopping to shift.
And it lets me beat a much nicer car off the line at stop lights.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page