move over apple, facebook, microsoft - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 94 Old July 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
No. I buy it from my phone like everything else. The computer is pretty much a back up for your phone. And vie never heard of android "backing up itself" my brother always has to take his evo in and update it. If it's a huge update that is. I'm sure I'd rather take 5 minutes out of m. Life to find a chord and plug in my phone in the computer.
Read what I typed. I said music that's on your computer. Not everyone buys their music on the phone (it's actually not most people). But you still continue to prove my point further with what you say. You said, "the computer is pretty much a back up for your phone." Guess what, I don't even need a computer backup for the music on my Droid. It's stored on a removable SD so it's not lost if the phone bites the dust (no computer backup needed). Like I said, Android phones don't need the computer and have good backups.

Yes, Android does back up itself. My contacts, data, and apps are all backed up automatically. When I flash a new ROM, everything comes back automatically. It's so automatic, I don't even have to go anywhere and tell it to download the apps. Literally start the phone and let it sit while it downloads and installs. All updates on my phone (D1) have been done without connecting to the computer and I've had it for 2 years.

My point still remains the same even if you want to argue little details. iOS5 is stiving to become more like Android. Because they're implimenting "new" things into their software that's currently being done by Android. You stated:

Quote:
IOS5 will start saving things to your account, which means you won't need a computer anymore
and that's been done by Android for 2 year already. It was actually done on the very first Android phone. The next thing people are going to start saying is that (when it happens) the iPhone having a removable battery and SD card is new and revolutionary.

Last edited by 03SonicBoom; July 20th, 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 94 Old July 20th, 2011, 06:11 PM
BWAL Is My Hero

I'm with Sonic Boom.... Steve Job's keeps adding stuff and calling it revolutionary when someone else has been doing it for YEAR'S. Steve thinks his shit don't stink and thats why I won't buy another apple product. I have a iPod and a iPod touch and thats enough for me. As a mainly PC user, I find Apple's software is over priced, under performing (read resource hogging) and way to invasive. For example; iTunes.... This POS program will find all the music on your computer. Re-label it, move it and reconfigure it to something more "Mac Friendly" without you even telling it to. WTF is that shit? The only reason that I bout the iPod was because it was the only thing that was decent back in the day. The reason I have the touch is because it was required for some the CISCO CCNA course I took. All the training videos and lab's were on it. Otherwise I'd go elsewhere.

All these complaints hold true with the iPhone as well. Overpriced, underspec'd and generally brittle. I have two friends that have broken multiple iPhone's from stupid short falls and similar events that my Droid has seen a million times.

/rant
post #83 of 94 Old July 20th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Doctor of Jurisprudence

BlackBerry FTW!

Me -----><----- You

Nameless's s197 Write-Ups
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
he kept taking pics of me saying "OMG look at that!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 94 Old July 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
BWAL Is My Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessLiar View Post
BlackBerry FTW!

My GF has a blackberry. Fucking thing is indestructible. But she hates it. I'd have one if I was more business oriented.
post #85 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotn20 View Post
yeah i don't know anything. your a moron. I thought mods were supposed to stop things from getting personal and insulting people from posting there opions.
now thats not nice. just because your horribly loosing a discussion dont mean you need to resort to name calling sheesh. i have feelings you know

ahahahahaahahah sorry i tried typing that with a straight face and could not do it.

face it. android is too much for you to handle. you would much rather sit there and sell people crap they cant do anything with then show them the joy of making something you own actually yours.

ok im done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
I can shit a human sized target at 15 feet
post #86 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 07:03 AM
That Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
I'm with Sonic Boom.... Steve Job's keeps adding stuff and calling it revolutionary when someone else has been doing it for YEAR'S. Steve thinks his shit don't stink and thats why I won't buy another apple product. I have a iPod and a iPod touch and thats enough for me. As a mainly PC user, I find Apple's software is over priced, under performing (read resource hogging) and way to invasive. For example; iTunes.... This POS program will find all the music on your computer. Re-label it, move it and reconfigure it to something more "Mac Friendly" without you even telling it to. WTF is that shit? The only reason that I bout the iPod was because it was the only thing that was decent back in the day. The reason I have the touch is because it was required for some the CISCO CCNA course I took. All the training videos and lab's were on it. Otherwise I'd go elsewhere.

All these complaints hold true with the iPhone as well. Overpriced, underspec'd and generally brittle. I have two friends that have broken multiple iPhone's from stupid short falls and similar events that my Droid has seen a million times.

/rant
I toady agree with the whole steven jobs part and how it's all over priced. The only reason the phone is still so incredible is because it has one button. Other wise it's all touch. I've also dropped my phone a good amount of times from a great distant and watched it bounce away an it's still fine. My brother and gf have dropped they're evo's and cracked the screen when it was a simple drop. It's a matter of how lucky your drop is. Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
post #87 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast

Pshhh you guys and your fancy phones..I'll just stick with what I got. Pantech ftw!

-2004 Mustang GT: Sold..Worst mistake of my life.

-2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring: The new whip

Wish I could've kept the Mustang and the Mazda at the same time...
post #88 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
KCCO

Send a message via AIM to GTsetGO Send a message via MSN to GTsetGO Send a message via Yahoo to GTsetGO
FTMFW

2008 Acura TL-S - 2008 Honda Pilot EX-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I can't believe I missed all the black dick
post #89 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNmustang95 View Post
I toady agree with the whole steven jobs part and how it's all over priced. The only reason the phone is still so incredible is because it has one button. Other wise it's all touch. I've also dropped my phone a good amount of times from a great distant and watched it bounce away an it's still fine. My brother and gf have dropped they're evo's and cracked the screen when it was a simple drop. It's a matter of how lucky your drop is. Hahaha.
Call me when you have gouges from your phone and the screen is bent. But everything still works like new.

post #90 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
FTMFW
My parents shared that phone in the 90's lol. I'm pretty sure the cellular waves or radiation or whatever it is, had some slight side effects on them

post #91 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Priest of the Car Gods

Hey, I had a StarTAC, too. Cool phones for their time. I only upgraded away from it because it didn't have a contact list, just 10 speed-dial numbers.

Function > Form, always
post #92 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast

We still have ours, it's in the box of baby toys in the attic lol

post #93 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Regular

I think I want a droid
post #94 of 94 Old July 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
MM's Database Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
FTMFW
I had to use one of those for a while when I jumped in the river with my phone years ago. Not fun coming from something a lot nicer haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page