how to get yourself quickly thrown out of a car dealership - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
The Hammer

how to get yourself quickly thrown out of a car dealership

So it's been a week full of winners so far. dick bag after dick bag trying to get thousands of dollars shaved off cars that don''t even cost 20, or people just fucking board cause it was a holiday weekend and had nothing to do because they still have no power or cable....

this guy comes in, and demands the best price on a car from our receptionist..... she calls me and i mosey my way out of my managers office that i was covering for, and proceed to help him.

now, if anyone knows anything about sales, it's that you need to get the customer to experiance the product, wether it be watch a 3d movie clip, having test samples of make up, or test driving cars.... second most important thing is to have a pitch.... work an angle, the same angle, all the time.... sure some people have different clicks for them, but you should have like 3 or 4 steady, strong pitches to choose from, and go from there....

well this cock wad, would not let me do this.... would not let me speak, would not let me test drive him, just demanded best price.... so i sit him down, enter him in the system (something we have to do for every client so management can track you) and he gives me a tit fit about it. now my golden rule thats always worked, is to kill with kindness... be firm, but fucking smile bright and be happy when you do it.... so thats what he got, the almost annoying overly happy, might even sock cock, salesman.

i show him the numbers on the car, he keeps demanding if thats the best price, at which point i tell him i don't know, I'm not allowed to give out numbers like that, you need to make an offer on the car and if my manager accepts is, great, otherwise he'll come over and work something out with you if your actually ready to take the car home today or leave a deposit....

he then proceeds to nastily tell me how he needs to talk things over with his wife and daughter and he needs the best price to compare it to the other vehicles. I told him that when he's ready to make a deal, come back with the best price he's gotten from another dealer and i'll match it, that i'm not gonna just shave dollars off my product.

he then proceeds to insult me, telling me he employs 50 salesman and i wouldn't last 5 minutes with him as my boss... (now at this point, i'm ready to knock this fucker out, but i'm holding cool) he once again demands my best price, which is followed by me telling him without him making an offer on the car, the numbers in front of him are my best price.

he then says rather rudly that he's a realy buyer and he's not just here to waste his time, and to give him the best price. i told him that he's refused to allow me to pitch the car, hasn't let me test drive it, how do i know the other car salesman did his job and didn't just give him the best price and shoe him out the door..... at which he cuts me off screaming "ive already test drove the damn car, i don't need to be sold i want the car"

i then asked him why he lied to me telling me he needs to compare my best price vehicle to another vehicle when your already sold on the product...

he turns beet red and demands best price again... once again i point to my worksheet and say right here until your ready to make an offer

he starts to copy them down on my business card, saying that his offer his 25 grand, 8k under sticker. i tell him he's being unreasonable, that a realistic offer is 30, 31, at which point he nastily tells me thats his offer, can he get the car for that price in a week.

I replied that it wasn't my decision, that if he wants i'll write up a buyers order and if he's willing to leave a deposit on the car for 31k i'll approach my manager and see if he will sell you the car at that price.

now the dude lost his fucking shit. told me i was a fucking idiot and probably couldn't afford to feed my family. i rip my card from his hand, take my pen out of his other and say.......

wait for it.......

"annnnnnnnnd where done."

i get a look of confusion, followed by realization that he was getting kicked out. he fumbles for words, but at this point i went all bruce banner "you won't like me when i'm angry" or my favorite teen wolf

i stood up, placed both my arms firmly on my non confrontational circle table, and told him "I don't know where you learned to do buiness or sales, but you don't come into my house,demand service, insult me, call me names, and curse at me, theres the door, get the fuck out"

he calls me a whole bunch of scattered names, at which point i start rolling up the sleeves to my 3 piece suit and tell him he's got about 3 seconds to get his ass to the front door before i call the police on him as i drag his unconcsious ass to the door

at this point i'm pretty much in full blown i'm gonna beat the shit out of this guy if he says one more word. he gets the picture when he looks around and sees 2 of my coworkers stand up in there offices and make there way over to mine, and makes his way to the nearest exit, cursing me out. he screams some derogatory useless banter, I reply with a firm " i'd like to see you say that shit while your not running away from me" at which point he screams i'm a fucking putz and makes a hard break for the door... on his way out i give a nice " you fucking numbnutz" as the door swings close... he now realizes he's lost last word, goes to open the door to come back in, only to pause, start screaming through the glass as he's outside in the pooring rain, which is futile cause I work in a giant glass showroom and when it rains out thats all you hear from outside...

my boss now walks over and it like wtf... i begin to tell him what happened, he cuts me off half laughing telling me to never do that again, but continue. i pretty much lay it out to him, he cracks up, told me i handled the situation exactly like he would have, but i'm not allowed to do shit like that yet and to let him do it next time... pats me on the back and tells me not to take it to heart... that people are assholes coming into a dealer cause they have defences up just because it's common practice to think there trying to screw you over cause there a dealer.... that next time when they start getting like that to turn them over to me and let me boot them so you can't get in any trouble from the GM....

but yea, in case anyone is interested, that right there is how you get tossed out of a car dealership ladies and gentlemen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I would eat the peanuts out of her shit

Car Salesman Club - The Hammer
ModdedMustangs Conspiracy Group: President
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Danielsan.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and the rest can go fuck themselves.

And the customer is not always right.

post #3 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
The Hammer

Quote:
Danielsan.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and the rest can go fuck themselves.

And the customer is not always right.
amen

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
PSN alphadong11

God damn it.

What was the lowest price?

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #5 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
The Hammer

he wouldnt even tell me if he was leasing or financing, i had to fucking wing it

what am i supposed to do, just pick one?

Quote:

post #6 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Made in U.S.A.

What kind of dealership do you work for?
post #7 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:52 PM
PSN alphadong11

what? that changes the payments pretty nicely. You know what I are

Quote:
post #8 of 57 Old September 6th, 2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
The Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
What kind of dealership do you work for?
Das Auto

Quote:

post #9 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

i know that these situations arent fun to be in but ive got to tell you they make for THE funniest stories and always make me so happy when people like you deal with them like that or anyone deals with it like that.

thank you for being so awesome. you deserve some reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTCNAGT View Post
That's what you get for excercising.

You think my lungs and chest hurt when I drive down the road for a triple baconator? No. You know why? Cause I'm smart.

Time for a nap.
post #10 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Enthusiast

Always keep your cool or you will get in trouble, fired, and will end up in jail if you touch a customer, even if the cumtomer is an a-hole like the one you dealt with.

One question, if I go into your dealership and you do your thing (pitch, I test drive, etc.) and I like a car you have there for 33K, and I offer you 28K, would you/your manager accept it?
post #11 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
The Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmustang View Post
Always keep your cool or you will get in trouble, fired, and will end up in jail if you touch a customer, even if the cumtomer is an a-hole like the one you dealt with.

One question, if I go into your dealership and you do your thing (pitch, I test drive, etc.) and I like a car you have there for 33K, and I offer you 28K, would you/your manager accept it?
dude i don't know if your trying to be funny or serious....

Quote:

post #12 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:16 AM
PSN alphadong11

Quote:
post #13 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Made in U.S.A.

That's why I'm glad I have plenty of friends who sell cars. I just tell them what I want and they get it for nearly cost.
post #14 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
The Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
That's why I'm glad I have plenty of friends who sell cars. I just tell them what I want and they get it for nearly cost.
there's nothing wrong with that....

Quote:

post #15 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Made in U.S.A.

No there isn't and especially so I don't have to go in the car dealership and rage.
post #16 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:53 AM
9k All Day.

im glad i actually read all of that.

the lulz had happened.
+repz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
Now, I'm fucking terrified of beetles. I mean, what of it had worked its way into my butthole or something?? They creep me the fuck out.
post #17 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 12:59 AM
cammed, geared, and blown

I'd like to bid $1, Bob.

| KB 2.6L | MGW | 4.10 | UMI | CHE | Steeda | Eibach | SCT | VMP | Pypes | EBC | Stop Tech | Prothane | Comp SPR | Shelby |
post #18 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
MM Fanatic

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I think we've all had those. Except my "best price" asshole was a 70+ year old man. Wouldn't even give me his name or get out of his truck. He sat there in his damn Dodge trying to pick a fight with me for 15 minutes before I told him to leave.

Honestly, you handled that quite well sir. I would agree with your manager to just go get him next time, but yep, I think that's what most of us would have done.

Oh the days of selling cars. Now I get to deal with parents regarding their children's admission to our University....that's a whoooooole other can of worms. hahaha

Nice work though, bud. Good for you to actually ask him to leave. I don't think enough sales consultants have the balls to do that when they're being bullied. Most people don't realize how often sales consultants are actually the ones being bullied instead of following the stereotypes of being the bully.

2003 Triple Black Mustang GT Vert

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT- Sold
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Diesel - Sold
1990 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
2002 Mustang GT - Mineral Gray - Sold
2007 MazdaSpeed6 - Totaled from a drunkard
post #19 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
The Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoColoradoGT View Post
Nice work though, bud. Good for you to actually ask him to leave. I don't think enough sales consultants have the balls to do that when they're being bullied. Most people don't realize how often sales consultants are actually the ones being bullied instead of following the stereotypes of being the bully.
amen

Quote:

post #20 of 57 Old September 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
PSN alphadong11

When ever I see an ass load of text on here, I usually don't read it unless it's from rags

I still remember the best buy story

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page