Trying out leangains IF (intermediate fasting) and loving it - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnSnake_19 View Post
You dont have to cut calories for this plan though, you can eat whatever.you wamt as long as your getting in your right macros like fat, average person doesnt eat over 3k a deal well i mean ppl that workout and what not of course an obese person eats more, they are just fat because they dont eat healthy, to me the point of this program is to really make fat loss easy for you and dieting right to get very lean and healthy, and your talking anout working out im talking about dieting and fasting.

I use to always also work out 2-3 hours a day, unless your juicing thats a waste of time, just be in the gym an hourish a day and do low reps and high weight and rest good..between sets and youll be set thats how im so strong
Your sayin 1500-2000 calories, thats relatively low even for someone working out, watching what they eat. Its simple math you need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight. Eat less, lose weight. Burn off enough through exercise. Combine the to and itll happen faster.

The only time i spend more than an hour in the gym is when I run after working out. And only doing low reps heavy weight wont give you muscular endurance. For the best gain, you should be changing your routine up. High reps lower weight then lower reps, higher weight.

Quote:
I take my bcaa's before my workout and have all the energy in the world and put up so much weight for my age and my pounds, believe it or not i habe more energy now working out on a fasted stomach then when i ate before my workouts
All your doin is making up for the lack of nutrients you dont get due to fasting with supplements. What was your diet before hand? Just cuz you ate doesnt mean it was the right stuff to build muscle. Im not against supplements entirely cuz its really hard to get everything you need and keep the calories down. But starving yourself and using supplements to make up for it doenst sound good.

There was tons of info and testing on the atkins diet too and where did that go?

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Stang guy is right.

and muscular endurance = 12-15 reps, 3 sets. 30 seconds or less in between sets.
you can do more than 15 reps, but after 20 reps gains are negligible.

Turbo Build Thread
post #63 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
Let me see some of these studies. I'm curious.
Fasted Training Boosts Muscle Growth? | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggySmallz View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk by any means, but with the picture you posted, you aren't 10% body fat. You should get it checked for accurate measurements. You're basically stating that if you lost 3 lbs of fat you'd be 8%.

Dolbs, you gained weight because your metabolism slowed down from eating only two meals a day. Those two meals were probably processed or lacked nutrients you needed. You ended up putting on fat. Stress and hormones can be a factor as well. Have you had your thyroid checked?
yea im 10.4% to be exact and that pic was after a 900 calorie meal, ill post up a pic where i look way more lean when i can get home to get on my computer, and i eat 3 meals which include all my macros and all my nutrients i need by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_StangGuy View Post
Your sayin 1500-2000 calories, thats relatively low even for someone working out, watching what they eat. Its simple math you need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight. Eat less, lose weight. Burn off enough through exercise. Combine the to and itll happen faster.

The only time i spend more than an hour in the gym is when I run after working out. And only doing low reps heavy weight wont give you muscular endurance. For the best gain, you should be changing your routine up. High reps lower weight then lower reps, higher weight.

All your doin is making up for the lack of nutrients you dont get due to fasting with supplements. What was your diet before hand? Just cuz you ate doesnt mean it was the right stuff to build muscle. Im not against supplements entirely cuz its really hard to get everything you need and keep the calories down. But starving yourself and using supplements to make up for it doenst sound good.

There was tons of info and testing on the atkins diet too and where did that go?
i eat 2500 calories a day i was just saying 2000 if you really want to lose alot more weight, and if you change up your routine often then how will you actually measure if your getting stronger?? How do you think ive gotten my strenght up so much and still havent even hit a plateau? Its from doing low reps high weight. And i just starting taking ive workout on this lean gains with an empty stomach and no preworkout supplement other then my bcaa's and ive felt great. And also i am in no means starving myself there isnt one hour in the day where im like damn im hungry, because my last meal before my fast begins has alot of calories and last me at least until i fall asleep and when i wake up im always feeling in shape since i didnt eat no big ass meal right before i went to bed. fasted training increased molecular markers of anabolism to a greater extent than training in a fed state also

SVT all day! Next mods: Mickey thompson street radials, new wheels, gears and tuner, then turboed by 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
i really want to get to about 8% body fat and right now im at 10.1% exactly.

Your doing great but your no where near 10% BF man, I would say your around 14-16% BF. If you want to know go to Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community! and post that pic and ask for a BF estimate. They are good at hitting really close. Good luck with your gains brah, how tall are you btw?
post #65 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Im not saying you guys have to agree with this plan or like it, i just simply posted this plan to show people that didnt know about it and give them info on it just in case they were iffy on it. If you think this plan is stupid then your just kind of dumb because the results are there, and the studies are all on that page, there is nothing more to it, i mean have you seen the guy who invented it?? He is heathier then any body on here he is a constant 6% bodyfat all year round and doesnt do cardio at all, now you tell me a flaw in this plan (and actually have read up on it and nothing saying stuff you think out your ass)

SVT all day! Next mods: Mickey thompson street radials, new wheels, gears and tuner, then turboed by 2013
post #66 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post

Your doing great but your no where near 10% BF man, I would say your around 14-16% BF. If you want to know go to Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community! and post that pic and ask for a BF estimate. They are good at hitting really close. Good luck with your gains brah, how tall are you btw?
i go to golds and they have the machine which i have done over 3 times and it has always been in the 10's, tommorrow ill do it again and take a picture for you, and yea i have an account there add me as me as a friend my account is purebeast19 oh and im 5'5 i think its as tall as ima get unfortunately lol

post #67 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
All Homo All The Time

Post your macros also please. Oh yeah, the guys who started the lean gains are on the BB.com forum and just so you know most of them admited to being on AAS (steroids) and using cutting drugs also. The guy called zzyz (google him) died last year of in a sona at age of 22.
post #68 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
i go to golds and they have the machine which i have done over 3 times and it has always been in the 10's, tommorrow ill do it again and take a picture for you, and yea i have an account there add me as me as a friend my account is purebeast19 oh and im 5'5 i think its as tall as ima get unfortunately lol
If your a member make a thread in the *post your picture* or the *misc*section and tell everyone that your 10% bf please.
post #69 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

ima post up a thread on there now to see where they think im at the machine could be wrong it was always off like .5-.8 in between each try

post #70 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
All Homo All The Time

Why did you make this thread in the *teen bodybuilding* section?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post829077381
post #71 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

just to get some input and comments and what not

post #72 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
i eat 2500 calories a day i was just saying 2000 if you really want to lose alot more weight, and if you change up your routine often then how will you actually measure if your getting stronger?? How do you think ive gotten my strenght up so much and still havent even hit a plateau? Its from doing low reps high weight. And i just starting taking ive workout on this lean gains with an empty stomach and no preworkout supplement other then my bcaa's and ive felt great. And also i am in no means starving myself there isnt one hour in the day where im like damn im hungry, because my last meal before my fast begins has alot of calories and last me at least until i fall asleep and when i wake up im always feeling in shape since i didnt eat no big ass meal right before i went to bed. fasted training increased molecular markers of anabolism to a greater extent than training in a fed state also
So your sayin one thing and doin another? your just gonna confuse people. Im not saying to change the routine every month, but every few month is a good idea. Eating alot right before bed is a horrible way to diet. Your loadin up on calories your not gonna need while sleeping. Thats a pretty commonly known fact in the dieting world.

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
post #73 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
just to get some input and comments and what not
Your 19 and asking for input from a bunch of 14yr olds? Should have posted it in the workout programs or misc forum, would have gotten pages of comments instead of 1 troll comment.
post #74 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
:)

"bitch please, you call 16 hours of not eating 'fasting'??"

post #75 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
So your sayin one thing and doin another? your just gonna confuse people. Im not saying to change the routine every month, but every few month is a good idea. Eating alot right before bed is a horrible way to diet. Your loadin up on calories your not gonna need while sleeping. Thats a pretty commonly known fact in the dieting world.

no i eat my last meal at 6:15ish 6:30 and i go to sleep always at like 12a.m thats not even close, im saying i eat good at 6:15 and im not really hungry anymore after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
Your 19 and asking for input from a bunch of 14yr olds? Should have posted it in the workout programs or misc forum, would have gotten pages of comments instead of 1 troll comment.
yea im 19 so i thought thats where it goes but yea your right i got no input at all

post #76 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
yea im 19 so i thought thats where it goes but yea your right i got no input at all
Copy/paste the thread in here....

Misc. - Bodybuilding.com Forums
post #77 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Lean Gains worked for us!

[QUOTE=AnotherS197GT;4448016]I'm not a smoker. But I'll go skiing :naughty:

You know I meant coke when I was talking about skiing, right. Although I would totally blow you [/QUOTE]
post #78 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclass-hole View Post
Lean Gains worked for us!

lol thats just messed up

post #79 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Senor Pointy Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher! View Post
I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. I just stopped drinking tea an still need a little coffee in the morning. I don't feel like I've lost a lot. I'm getting on a more strict work out schedule soon but I've been doing more Than I used to. I'm frustrated.

Sent from muh iPhone
This be quite concerning to me.. Basic Metabolic Rate (the bare minimum of calories needed for basic bodily functions) tends to be around 2000. 1200 is pretty damn low, and may be harmful for you in the long run. I'd say be around 1800 instead. Tea is actually pretty good for you since it provide antioxidants, so you don't have to eliminate that. Just don't use sugar substitute or too much sugar.

Switch over to using healthier fats when cooking. Have smaller portions instead of giant ones (anything bigger than the size of your fist is too much). It doesn't hurt to have a legit multivitamin either.

pretty much if what you eat is enough to maintain proper functions of your body (metabolism, production of blood cells, enzymes, transmission of signals), and on top of that you increase physical and cardiovascular activity, you can never go wrong with that.

Quote:
"Weakness is not your weakness. You are what you grow into..." - Jon Gomm
post #80 of 100 Old February 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Heitzke
Quote:
And only doing low reps heavy weight wont give you muscular endurance. For the best gain, you should be changing your routine up. High reps lower weight then lower reps, higher weight.
Right, but at some point you should recognize what your actual goals are and what you need to get there. Personally, at the moment, I don't really care about having more muscular endurance. I'm working on sheer strength, and just for the hell of it.

Quote:
But starving yourself and using supplements to make up for it doenst sound good.
Intermittent fasting isn't starving yourself. This phrase keeps coming up in this discussion. I'm not starving myself, I'm not working out in a fasted state, my eating schedule has just shifted back a few hours. I literally eat the exact same amount of food, if not more than before.

Either way, its just another style of workout that was intriguing to me. Don't agree with how it is? Keep doing the same 'ol. There are many different ways to crack an egg.

1999 YN GT - mostly stock
2002 EP3 *sold* fwd ftl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page