Blue67coupe's 67coupe build - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old December 26th, 2015, 05:50 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
Glad to see some more progress! Where in TX are you? The LKQ pick a part here in Austin is having a 40% sale next weekend. You can get a 351w out of either a van for roller cam or theres actually a 71 Galaxie with an older 351w. I'd gladly help you pull it if you're around. I nabbed one awhile back for about 150 (without core), this time I have an old 302 block for a core, I'm aiming to get another 351w short block for about $85.

Theres also a handful of mountineers with gt40 heads too.

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old December 27th, 2015, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
Glad to see some more progress! Where in TX are you? The LKQ pick a part here in Austin is having a 40% sale next weekend. You can get a 351w out of either a van for roller cam or theres actually a 71 Galaxie with an older 351w. I'd gladly help you pull it if you're around. I nabbed one awhile back for about 150 (without core), this time I have an old 302 block for a core, I'm aiming to get another 351w short block for about $85.

Theres also a handful of mountineers with gt40 heads too.
I wish I lived closer then, I would gladly help each other out on repairs and whatnot. I'm a little ways away though being as how i'm in Dallas. I guess I need to check out one of the LKQ's near me. I have only been to one local junkyard and not only did they not have much they were also a little too steep on price. I guess I need to find out when one's near me plan on having sales and go motor hunting then. I always search craigslist but with no luck yet.

67 Coupe
03 Roush: sold
02 Roush 360R
post #23 of 28 Old December 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Darn, i just looked and theres no LKQs up there. I really like the one here, it costs $2 to get in, good all day. There prices are all on teh website so I know what to expect beforehand.

Auto Parts Prices | LKQ Pick Your Part | LKQ Pick Your Part - Austin

They also keep an inventory of what vehicles are in the yard, its updated about every week.

Vehicle Inventory, Auto Parts | LKQ Pick Your Part | LKQ Pick Your Part - Austin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old December 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

Quote:
Darn, i just looked and theres no LKQs up there. I really like the one here, it costs $2 to get in, good all day. There prices are all on teh website so I know what to expect beforehand.

Auto Parts Prices | LKQ Pick Your Part | LKQ Pick Your Part - Austin

They also keep an inventory of what vehicles are in the yard, its updated about every week.

Vehicle Inventory, Auto Parts | LKQ Pick Your Part | LKQ Pick Your Part - Austin
Dang that sucks, that looks a lot better than the junkyards I know of around here. And a lot better prices too. I'll still search my local ones but wish one of those was near me.

67 Coupe
02 Roush 360R
post #25 of 28 Old January 28th, 2016, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

Not a whole lot has happened. However I finally got my back ordered parts in the mail and have already put them one.
First is the dash bezel and lenses.

It is a night and day difference over my old worn out assembly. Was a pain to do though considering my wires were a little stuck and I couldn't pull the dash far enough out to disconnect them. I had to disconnect everything from the small space behind the heater controls.

Next is a crappy cell phone picture for now. And my engine bay looks completely terrible :

I'm still periodically trying to find a motor. But keep tossing around different ideas.

And then hopefully here soon i'll be able to buy my welder and tackle the floor pan and sub frame connectors and then from there will be near carpet and eventually replacing my gas pedal. Also need to go over my brakes and fix the leak that is going on.

67 Coupe
02 Roush 360R
post #26 of 28 Old February 10th, 2016, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

It's not going to be built anytime soon thats for sure. But couldn't pass up a good condition 351W block for $120. It's been bored 40 over and has been sonic tested and would have no problem going 60 over. So that's exactly what I plan to do with it. Going to start slowly piecing together parts for it and eventually get a nicely built 351 done. Also had my carpet come in the mail that I ordered.

67 Coupe
02 Roush 360R
post #27 of 28 Old February 10th, 2016, 06:22 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Awesome, is it a roller block?

post #28 of 28 Old February 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

Quote:
Awesome, is it a roller block?
Thanks man, and no it's just a mid 70's block. I figured for the price and deal I couldn't pass it up. And if I ever do decide to go roller block i'll just turn this one into a coffee table haha. But i'll probably be hitting you up periodically about opinions as far as crank and cam go and whatnot.

67 Coupe
02 Roush 360R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/254062-blue67coupes-67coupe-build.html
Posted By For Type Date
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Muscle Car Build by Blue67coupe This thread Refback April 19th, 2016 08:17 AM
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Build by Blue67coupe This thread Refback May 26th, 2015 01:11 PM
Blue67coupe's 67coupe build This thread Refback June 30th, 2012 04:45 AM