PipeGluer's 1989 GT - A Fox For The Street - Page 39 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #761 of 767 Old April 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Run What You Brung

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeGluer View Post
hahaha lmao. I knew I would catch some crap over it!

chevy HP is cheaper than ford HP, that's just it.

ROFL, yeah. I had to give you a bit of the horns, but in all honesty I've always respected HP/TQ no matter the maker. While the LS is DEF a stout motor, a 351 dollar for dollar would have been my choice. But hey, as clean as your work has been thus far, I'm sure the LS will look good in that bay as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachChick View Post
It seems like its much easier if you have a vagina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #762 of 767 Old November 24th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikel89us Send a message via Skype™ to Mikel89us
You broke my heart with that damned motor...

1991 Mustang LX 2.3L 5 Speed convert
1989 Ranger 4X4 2.5L 5 Speed solid Dana 30 front axle, 4.5" suspension lift, 3" body. ( blown up....)
Entire turbo kit waiting to be used again.
post #763 of 767 Old November 24th, 2015, 07:47 PM
You had one job!

Wow this is impressive.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #764 of 767 Old November 24th, 2015, 09:31 PM
He of Long Wind

Oh shit! Subscribed for life.

BUILD THREAD

'84 Hatch, Bracket Car, [email protected], but I'm working on it
'71 Mach One FB 351c, Slow
'73 Torino, 302, Slower

~
post #765 of 767 Old November 29th, 2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

I got an itching to check up on moddedmustangs today and you know what... new comments on my build! yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel89us View Post
You broke my heart with that damned motor...
haha.. I think a lot of people have that reaction. I have a good friend who is super into LS motors and he has been mentoring me. honestly, they are fairly incredible. and I hate to say it. but the compatibility between their different sized ls engines and the applications they were for are impressive. I can take parts from a van and bolt them on a Cadillac, or Cadillac parts onto a truck, or truck parts onto a corvette, or vette parts onto a van. there are so many different combinations, and you can make tons of power with all factory parts.

regardless, still love me a foxbody with a 5.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Wow this is impressive.
thanks man.... I am itching to get moving on this thing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Kentucky View Post
Oh shit! Subscribed for life.
sweet mike! glad to have you on board until the end! I am dying to get the car going. DYING... and I think this winter is the winter it happens. IF I can stay close to home for work this winter. I say IF. I think I could get it done. I'm going to have to take a hard look at the finances and make some decisions. but its possible.

I have a 1993 YJ wrangler now also, 4.0/5spd, its my wheeler. I have a 31 spline 9" with a spool and a HP dana 44 front 5.13 gears I want to put under it. but I told myself only one big project at a time. THAT IS MY PROBLEM. I get bored with one thing and all of the sudden I am balls deep in something else and the garage is a mess!

SO, if I want to axle swap the jeep, which is right now a running and driving (streetable) but trailered wheeling rig, ive got to finish the fox.

this is the bulk of what I need:
everything from flywheel to driveshaft; so, an ls t56, bell, flywheel, clutch, convert to hydraulic clutch, custom driveshaft, trans crossmember
full exhaust
some sort of computer and wiring (holley?)
front seats
harnesses

that is all the big stuff. if you have a line on anything at a good price shoot me a PM! I know Cyber week is just around the corner and there will be good deals to have

hopefully I can continue to capture the attention of my fellow ford enthusiasts, even with a GM drivetrain.

post #766 of 767 Old November 29th, 2015, 04:49 PM
He of Long Wind

I know the feeling. My car is sitting under a blue cover with four flat tires - been that way for months. So sad.

I'm going to be stuck on other projects through mid-spring ... so I'll be counting on you for vicarious modding. Please make it good. :
PipeGluer likes this.

BUILD THREAD

'84 Hatch, Bracket Car, [email protected], but I'm working on it
'71 Mach One FB 351c, Slow
'73 Torino, 302, Slower

~
post #767 of 767 Old November 29th, 2015, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

I will see what I can make happen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/263080-pipegluers-1989-gt-fox-street.html
Posted By For Type Date
UPR Battery box | BoardReader This thread Refback March 27th, 2014 04:47 PM
Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread - Page 185 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback December 9th, 2013 07:19 AM
Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread - Page 182 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback September 25th, 2013 04:12 PM
Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread - Page 186 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback January 28th, 2013 02:12 AM
Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread - Page 183 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Pingback November 18th, 2012 11:11 PM
13" Brake Upgrade Kits - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback October 31st, 2012 05:46 PM
13 This thread Pingback October 31st, 2012 05:05 PM
Hey whats up? (From Olympia) This thread Refback October 7th, 2012 01:56 PM
1984 Mustang Hatchback Build | Orange Flames Go Faster - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Pingback October 3rd, 2012 01:14 AM
Worth it to weld the axle tubes? This thread Refback September 28th, 2012 06:51 PM
Worth it to weld the axle tubes? This thread Refback September 28th, 2012 05:09 PM
Hey whats up? (From Olympia) This thread Refback September 8th, 2012 05:13 PM
PipeGluer's 1989 GT - A Fox For The Street This thread Refback May 18th, 2012 09:44 PM