MM daily chat thread - Page 310 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6181 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Wanna be show worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
Define "broken" and I'm still not sure which bolt you're talking about.
The bolt right by the "E" at :30

I am able to pull that bolt straight out.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Making Bad Decisions

So I have been wanting something to build as a track car.

Be think about saving up for a S14 240sx. Really familiar with these cars and that body style is my favorite.

Along with making a kick ass home made race car. I would continue to build the GT into a fun DD.

Thoughts?
post #6183 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Pretty sure I picked a terrible topic for my english paper. I can't find anything about it aside for a few quotes that mean nothing without the facts I need.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6184 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Making Bad Decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
Pretty sure I picked a terrible topic for my english paper. I can't find anything about it aside for a few quotes that mean nothing without the facts I need.
What is it?
post #6185 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
The bolt right by the "E" at :30

I am able to pull that bolt straight out.
Yeah I still can't tell very well, but I'd just say try to helicoil it if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKURTMANxx View Post
So I have been wanting something to build as a track car.

Be think about saving up for a S14 240sx. Really familiar with these cars and that body style is my favorite.

Along with making a kick ass home made race car. I would continue to build the GT into a fun DD.

Thoughts?
One of the things I've wanted to do so badly since I was wandering in this one junkyard was slap a modular motor in a 240. They had dozens of mod motors and 240 shells there and it just seemed to click.
post #6186 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Making Bad Decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post

One of the things I've wanted to do so badly since I was wandering in this one junkyard was slap a modular motor in a 240. They had dozens of mod motors and 240 shells there and it just seemed to click.
Yeah I was thinking 4V for its build.

Just seems like a good match. Plus everyone and there mother has done the others; Ls blah blah, RB, 2JZ, even 1UZ comes up every once and awhile.
post #6187 of 195170 Old October 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
That 04Sixxer Guy

I've been throwing around the idea of spending my money on another car instead of my current one. I really want a 90's Miata. Gut it to nothing and make it a dedicated autocross car.

Should be pretty cheap and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
Durex XXL, clearly not mine.
post #6188 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Poo tee weet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
I did some front end work on one of those once, I've wanted one ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Sixxer View Post
I've been throwing around the idea of spending my money on another car instead of my current one. I really want a 90's Miata. Gut it to nothing and make it a dedicated autocross car.

Should be pretty cheap and fun
4v in a Miata.

post #6189 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
there's a tech section?

Quote:
What is it?
A comparison of Americans response to American soldiers after WWII, Vietnam, and present day.
Ended up changing it to how the media affected the UNited States' involvement in Vietnam and it was cake. So I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Sixxer View Post
I've been throwing around the idea of spending my money on another car instead of my current one.
I know a place you can find a 2007 GT to spend some money on...

post #6190 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to arummel93
Be quiet Colleen, mine needs it more!
post #6191 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
A comparison of Americans response to American soldiers after WWII, Vietnam, and present day.
Ended up changing it to how the media affected the UNited States' involvement in Vietnam and it was cake. So I'm happy.

I know a place you can find a 2007 GT to spend some money on...
History classes were my favorite

If you plan on doing a plug change, I have a full set of E3 plugs that haven't been unpackaged. I don't ever plan on using them.
post #6192 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Oh god. E3 plugs are p00p.I used to work at a parts store, and they told the down syndrome kid (who thought he knew about cars and thought he was a mechanic) to sell e3 plugs...So he'd be standing there, telling people how great he thought the e3 plugs were and trying to sell them to everyone (even though he thinks the Bosch +4 Platinum plugs are the best plugs in the world, and they're the only plugs he'd ever consider running in his "fast and manly" '91 Celica ST 1.6L or close to that. Had a crappy hackjob magnaflow exhaust and a cheap intake that had a foam block for an air filter, which he swore up and down was cotton...) while I'm left sitting there just shaking my head in shame that I had to work with that moronic little tool.
post #6193 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Making Bad Decisions

Well, I guess I won't be getting the front anytime soon...

I hate people who try to sell you something then don't respond when you try to buy it.
Like WTF?!
post #6194 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arummel93 View Post
Oh god. E3 plugs are p00p.I used to work at a parts store, and they told the down syndrome kid (who thought he knew about cars and thought he was a mechanic) to sell e3 plugs...So he'd be standing there, telling people how great he thought the e3 plugs were and trying to sell them to everyone (even though he thinks the Bosch +4 Platinum plugs are the best plugs in the world, and they're the only plugs he'd ever consider running in his "fast and manly" '91 Celica ST 1.6L or close to that. Had a crappy hackjob magnaflow exhaust and a cheap intake that had a foam block for an air filter, which he swore up and down was cotton...) while I'm left sitting there just shaking my head in shame that I had to work with that moronic little tool.
wait he didnt really have down syndrome did he? sounds almost as bad as the lady i talked to at my auto parts store who has no clue what hood pins were. she had been working there for a little while and looked at me like i asked for unicorn turds.
post #6195 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Slowbra

Quote:
Well, I guess I won't be getting the front anytime soon...

I hate people who try to sell you something then don't respond when you try to buy it.
Like WTF?!
My bad, you can pick it up anytime you want. It's just sitting in the driveway.
post #6196 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Making Bad Decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbsMustang View Post
My bad, you can pick it up anytime you want. It's just sitting in the driveway.
$5 still right?
post #6197 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
there's a tech section?

So really.... what is the point of me having to be in class at 8am to do online work? I basically have to go to school to take an online class. I don't understand. And it's only an hour long. -_-

post #6198 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcer2 View Post
wait he didnt really have down syndrome did he? sounds almost as bad as the lady i talked to at my auto parts store who has no clue what hood pins were. she had been working there for a little while and looked at me like i asked for unicorn turds.
May as well have been. Dyslexic as hell (Instead of giving out brake pad part number MKD 741, for example, he'd give them MKD 714. Almost without fail, if someone brought something back and it was a screw up like that, we'd just automatically assume it was him. Sure enough, whenever we'd check, it was. He once lost the company about $400...quoted a commercial customer for a part for $300, guy talks to HIS customer and gives a quote based on that price, and gets the job. So he comes back in to buy the part to do the job? Oh wait, retard kid fucked up, the correct price for the correct part was over $700. Guy can't change his quote, his customer will be like WTF I'm getting ripped off and he'll lose the job. I took over, talked to corporate and explained it all out, and got corporate to authorize taking the loss and giving the guy the part for the price he was originally quoted). Was bowlegged or something, couldn't even walk straight. Had freakin' bottlecap glasses. Looked, sounded, acted, and just generally reeked of special ed. Even customers who didn't know all that would ask me what the deal was with the kid. He even went to school to be a mechanic, yet he couldn't work on cars worth a damn and didn't know shit. God forbid he went out to do a battery installation on a GM, he had trouble getting the side post bolts to thread into the battery. I don't know how he sleeps at night, calling himself a mechanic even though he has trouble getting threads started when trying to get a bolt in. I'm not kidding or making any of this up either, he'd usually end up coming in and getting me to come out and help him with it.

The real bitch of it is, I'm less than a year older than him, was a WAY better salesman than him (or anyone else in the store, for that matter. My sales figures would often double anyone elses, including the guys that had wasted away 15 years of their life there), knew WAY more about cars then anyone else, knew the products, knew how to actually DO things, knew where EVERYTHING was in the store or on customers cars, and my customer service skills are way better.

Once had a lady come in, was a single mother of 3, a teacher, so you know she made barely enough money to support even just herself. She comes in, and asks me how hard it is to do wheel bearings on her toyota sienna minivan. I give her a look and say "Well, I'm not gonna lie, they're kindof a bitch, if you've never done it before. Especially if you don't have the right tools." So she says "Ok, I'll be back in a little bit." I go out in the parking lot to help someone else about 10min later, and find her out there with her van up on a scissorjack and with the wheel off. She was actually trying to do the wheel bearings herself, without the right tools or knowledge of how to even do brake pads. To this day, I'm still impressed by that. She had balls. Oh, and did I mention that she still had her kids in the car up on a scissorjack? So, I go in and talk to my manager (who was a crotchety old gay (literally. He was openly gay.) with a lisp who nobody liked) and got him to give me permission to go out and help. So I go out, and I got her through it. Rotors came off (but not until the axle nut came off, at which point the scissorjack collapsed from pulling on the nut to loosen it, which was around 300ft-lbs, nosediving her minivan into the pavement and dropping it on the rotor. Obviously the first thing I did was have her get the kids out of the car, or that could have been a bad situation. I check everything out, decide nothing else was damaged, and that we were ok to continue. I go inside and found a small bottle jack on the shelf that had been opened and returned, and go to take it out to get her van up off the ground, at which point the crochety old puerto rican guy started yelling and giving me shit, saying that I was stealing, blahblahblah. Got managers approval to do whatever I had to do to help her, so whatever. Took it out and got the van back up off of the pavement, and all was well, we were good to continue.) So, I showed her how to press a bearing in with a big c-clamp, blahblahblah, got everything back together, and sent her on her way a VERY happy and satisfied customer. I also ended up diagnosing problems, and occasionally doing quick installs. People come in crying that it's gonna cost them hundreds to get a new alternator or whatever installed, I go out and see that it's an easy 5min job and if we weren't busy, I'd often take a little bit of time to go out and throw on a belt, alternator, etc. Did headlights and brake lights on a daily basis, the occasional fuel filter, ran a new wire from the battery to the starter, once installed a new starter for someone, a few thermostats, spark plugs and wires, and a water pump on an '07 6.0L GTO. Helped and taught people how to do things whenever possible. If you find anyone at a parts store who'll do all that, let me know. I'll personally go out and shake their hand.

Anyway, all this in mind, this retarded kid got paid a decent amount more than me, and was promoted. The little shit technically ended up being my boss. What kind of bullshit is that?

Sorry for the long ass post, I guess I went on a little bit of a rant there LOL
post #6199 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Poo tee weet?

When I was in auto tech school we had a guy like that. We were in alignment class, aligning our own cars and he brings his car in and drains the transmission fluid.. Says he's gonna rebuild the trans(none of us new how to do this yet). After sometime he realises that this is not correct behavior and goes to drive the car out and couldnt figure out why the car wouldnt move(no trans fluid). He was revving the hell out of trying to get it to move generally disturbing the whole shop. One of the instructers bitched him out and he ran away crying. Poor bastard.

post #6200 of 195170 Old October 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Banned

Oh, and a little bit of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/265658-mm-daily-chat-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes - BBQ Addicts This thread Refback February 25th, 2018 10:42 PM