MM daily chat thread - Page 7899 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #157961 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:19 AM
aloha ke akua

I'm with xKape. Y'all are generalizing people too much. It's not about what you get as a child, it's HOW YOU ARE RAISED and what principles you are brought up with and taught. My parents have always gone above and beyond in giving me stuff, but I work hard. I earned a NCAA athletic scholarship and am currently planning to attend graduate school to get a doctorate. No one can tell me that "getting stuff" means you won't work hard. The kids who turn out bad are the ones who are given stuff with no behavioral expectations set for them. I've always been taught that if I don't work hard, I will be on the street. That doesn't mean that my parents didn't buy me stuff growing up and still do at times. Hell, my mom just put $300 in my bank account because I had been stressed over money and grades. Sure, maybe I'm spoiled, but being an athlete in school doesn't allow for a job, so what would I be able to do? You need to realize that "getting stuff" isn't at all the problem. It's a common attitude among people who are given said stuff.

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #157962 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Turbo > blower

wait until you're out of college and in the real world. you'll quickly realize that being able to pay your bills comes before playing with balls. You're being given money so that you don't have to get a job, and in turn you can spend your time playing sports. you may think its serious and all that but it's just like our cars. its a hobby, it may be a passion, but its still a hobby. I'm sure you've seen the students that don't get random checks from their parents actually have to get a job and concentrate on their education, not on sports.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #157963 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:29 AM
aloha ke akua

You sound so ignorant. "Playing with balls" has earned me (almost completely) FREE education. The only people who would say something like that are people who weren't ever good at sports and know nothing about the process of being a collegiate athlete. I have no intentions of going "pro." It's purely to pay for my school. Also, I believe that I'll be able to pay the bills after I earn my doctorate.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #157964 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Turbo > blower

But where will it get you after college? I would put money on nowhere. Especially in soccer.

Oh and I get free college too. Actually free, not virtually. Because I worked for it.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #157965 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:31 AM
aloha ke akua

Read my finished post. You still sound like an idiot. I'm starting to believe that you actually ARE an idiot. I hope you realize that "your way" isn't the only way. I am just as capable as you in joining the military, but that's my choice not to. I respect what you do, but it's not "better" than what I'm doing. My 3.85 GPA tells me that I am "focusing on school," by the way.

Quote:
post #157966 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Turbo > blower

good luck with your doctorate. seriously. but if you think you're gonna get all the way there just playing soccer, you're incredibly deluded.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #157967 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:36 AM
aloha ke akua

I can tell by your incredible syntax that you have done extremely well in school... I don't need your luck; I work hard. You're only eligible to play sports for 4 years and I have 7 total years of school. It's a free undergraduate degree.

Quote:
post #157968 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Turbo > blower

attempting to insult my intelligence, when's the last time that won an argument for you? you basically just proved my point. you can only get a free ride for a couple years.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #157969 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
I'm with xKape. Y'all are generalizing people too much. It's not about what you get as a child, it's HOW YOU ARE RAISED and what principles you are brought up with and taught. My parents have always gone above and beyond in giving me stuff, but I work hard. I earned a NCAA athletic scholarship and am currently planning to attend graduate school to get a doctorate. No one can tell me that "getting stuff" means you won't work hard. The kids who turn out bad are the ones who are given stuff with no behavioral expectations set for them. I've always been taught that if I don't work hard, I will be on the street. That doesn't mean that my parents didn't buy me stuff growing up and still do at times. Hell, my mom just put $300 in my bank account because I had been stressed over money and grades. Sure, maybe I'm spoiled, but being an athlete in school doesn't allow for a job, so what would I be able to do? You need to realize that "getting stuff" isn't at all the problem. It's a common attitude among people who are given said stuff.
While I'm not strictly in the "If you are given shit you are a spoiled bitch" camp, I don't think getting shit for displaying certain "good" behaviors is a great way to raise a kid. If you don't work in the first place, why would you be stressed about money? Did you stray from a predetermined budget? Did you fail to save adequately? Did a serious problem that cost money arise? If yes to the last question, could you have reshuffled your allowances to account for said problem? I think there is a medium where kids can be given things on special occasions but also be shown that on any given day, if there is something they really want, they need to work for it.

And soccer sucks.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #157970 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
While I'm not strictly in the "If you are given shit you are a spoiled bitch" camp, I don't think getting shit for displaying certain "good" behaviors is a great way to raise a kid. If you don't work in the first place, why would you be stressed about money? Did you stray from a predetermined budget? Did you fail to save adequately? Did a serious problem that cost money arise? If yes to the last question, could you have reshuffled your allowances to account for said problem? I think there is a medium where kids can be given things on special occasions but also be shown that on any given day, if there is something they really want, they need to work for it.

And soccer sucks.
I really agree with you on this. His age and real world experience is sneaking in and saying hi. The last 2 years, I've had to put drag racing and modding on the back burner to get my career secured and build up my savings and investments. It sucks for my hobby but it's gonna ensure I can retire and kick back at an early age and enjoy my hobby just that much more later in life.

If I was him, I'd be forgetting about soccer and getting a part time job. There are priorities in life.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #157971 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Rent Asunder!

Guess who walked in this morning and was told he's now the foreman for the next 2 weeks. Lol

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #157972 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
You sound so ignorant. "Playing with balls" has earned me (almost completely) FREE education. The only people who would say something like that are people who weren't ever good at sports and know nothing about the process of being a collegiate athlete. I have no intentions of going "pro." It's purely to pay for my school. Also, I believe that I'll be able to pay the bills after I earn my doctorate.
Gotta agree with you on this. At this point, soccer is a job for you. You play, you get tuition. Only problem is that (at least with my school) at some point, either sports or school will get in the way and one will have to be dropped. They just seem to demand pretty much all of your life once you get to college.

Why is it that you guys think college age people don't know what bills are? Maybe its that I was there when my mom was paying bills and shit, but I know that things have to be paid at the end of the month.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #157973 of 195170 Old September 14th, 2014, 11:17 AM