Garage
What is up with you and his mom lately? Lol

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #182663 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:40 PM
better than clockWise

he won't acknowledge I am making mom jokes so I ramble on til the day comes. Then I stop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182664 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:40 PM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Dammit I came in here to brag about getting a 98 on my final tonight and you all were being sad.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #182665 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
(1.)Do not summon the cock unless you are truly prepared for the cock

FFS it's like a nightmare I can't wake up from... post, wait 45 seconds for it to show.... forget, do it an hour later.. wait 45 seconds again... shit.. its going to do it now.. damnit
(1.) True

Can I ask you a favor, Jason, and anyone else who reads this. I understand you don't like reading novels... I'm asking you to read this, because I suck at condensing thoughts. Trust me- I don't like typing novels. lol

I promise you I am as frustrated or more as you all are at some of the changes.

But this is hardly a nightmare brother. This is an internet forum. That doesn't mean it can't be an important fun thing in our lives. But it becomes frustrating for me when I'm trying to deal with these inevitable changes and people are more or less immediately motherfucking the changes and AG, talking about starting other forums, while I'm over here trying to get them to take us seriously so we can fix what needs fixed.

Let's address things individually man:

-the lag. This has happened before, it's been fixed before, and it will be fixed again.
-the new forum skin. Not a lot like that yet. Fortunately, the classic view is still there. I'm using it, and it works just as it did before.
-mentions, likes, quote notifications. Anyone doesn't like these features, it can be turned off in your User Control Panel under 'Settings'. Although so far I'm having fun with them and enjoy them.
-Our front page and writer/editor contributions. @AG Jeff has said he's going to be looking into improving this, and into what is going on with our Tech Exchange. Hopefully this will involve our writers and editors being recognized and utilized. Thus far, Jeff has responded to almost every one of our concerns, and it's only been 4 days since the update, 2 of which have been weekend days. Let's give him a chance to work.

As you yourself noted in the Clubhouse feedback thread, this forum is AG's baby. At the end of the day, they can do as they see fit. But yes- as you also noted, it should be about the members as well. But it is about us. Do you think AG sat around thinking "How can we make this forum worse for everyone?" Nah. They were hoping to make it MORE fun, more viable, and of course for them- more profitable. On what planet would they want us all to hate the place? That would equal shitty profits for them.

So. I'm NOT asking anyone to hold their tongue. Please- if you think of changes that are better, when there are technical issues that arise, point them out. Jason, you, like everyone else here that's active, are an integral part of people coming back here. And most all of you have a good handle on what works and what doesn't. But what I am asking is, can we not claim that the sky is falling and this is the worst thing ever? This is not the first time the forum has received a major face lift and/or upgrades. But every time we do so, people freak out.

Should I tell Jeff all their ideas suck and tell him to eat dicks and call him names? Or should I stay calm, and try and work with him and get things right and try and meet the interests of you guys, our members? Believe it or not, I want what you guys and gals want.

It does get frustrating when the existing staff here puts SO much time and effort into this place over the years, and then people who seem to love this place are so quick to just denounce or motherfuck things, claiming it's the 'worst', etc.

Over the years people have asked me how they become a moderator here. What do we look for in a moderator. There are a few things we look for. Active and helpful go without saying. But mostly what stands out are people who are able to be impartial and diplomatic the vast majority of the time, even when they're pissed off and frustrated over something or someone.

If you were to run a forum, Jason, and weren't able to facilitate that dynamic, it would never get off the ground. That's not a shot at you- you think you would be the first member from this place to start a forum? It's been done before. Ask me how many of them grew to become as active and as fun as this place.

A man named Joe from Valdosta GA started this forum, and from the beginning he set the example of how to stay calm, be diplomatic, and just have fun here... even when you're pissed off. Others like @ChrisJ and @GTsetGO continued that attitude. And over the years we've had numerous moderators too many to name who kept it going with that mindset.

mdvaldosta

And it shows. It shows in how there has been very little favoritism here over the years, in how we don't censor a whole lot, in how we let people have fun and hash out their beefs, etc.

Think about it. If the moderators here reacted the way some do when changes like this occur, this would be a different place.

You have a voice here, Jason. I'm just asking that you and anyone else reading this use it bearing all that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
@TheUNZippee!

I just realized, is that supposed to be The Un-Zippy or The You-En Zippy?

@Mach_Stang!

I could have just made that video for you
Un, baby. Un.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
I dont know why so many people think theres a _ In my name lol
Because you have enormous puffy nips

post #182666 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:43 PM
better than clockWise

If I started a forum, you can bet your ass the first thing I would do is not make myself a mod... I'm not an idiot.

post #182667 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
A cat dropping 3 pounds is like us dropping 50. It aint right.. something was wrong. Maybe she wasnt suffering but, you can bet your ass it was a matter of time before she was. Cats hold pain back better than any animal you will ever come across. They could have a fucking arrow in their eye and they will lay down to let you pet them... ask me how I know.
Yup. When we put ours down she had lost exactly that, 3 pounds in about a month, and she was only 10 pounds to begin with. She couldn't walk, stand, sit, eat, or drink over her last day, but on her last night alive she laid on me while I was trying to sleep, purring. And when we were saying goodbyes to her at the vet, I swear she was looking at my daughter and I thinking "Thank you. It's ok."

...fucking onions

post #182668 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Xkapeido. I can haz mod powers on new forum?

Zippido. I can haz mod powers here on MM?

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #182669 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
Xkapeido. I can haz mod powers on new forum?

Zippido. I can haz mod powers here on MM?
There is likely to be some upcoming changes when we get these new changes settled in. I'm not saying that's a yes, just saying there will likely be some changes coming up in our efforts to make this place more active.

post #182670 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:49 PM
better than clockWise

uh no.. lol The exact same people here who decided to come there, without any prodding from me or advertising, would be the mods...lol

I am calm now though.. I will wait patiently and see what happens. I do have the domain though..paying for vBulletin is next.. I am not making that leap though until I know I should. At that point, I will be out $400 so I wait.

you do sem like mod material but, that wouldnt be my call.. it would be whichever mods came to my site. I can talk about it with them cause owner and such but, it would not be up to me.

post #182671 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
There is likely to be some upcoming changes when we get these new changes settled in. I'm not saying that's a yes, just saying there will likely be some changes coming up in our efforts to make this place more active.
Legit! Even if I'm not a mod it really wouldn't bother me. I mean I'm already on the staff as an editor so that's cool enough. Also I just noticed the gold badge. Thanks for updating that for me

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #182672 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 08:55 PM
better than clockWise

Speaking of, where did that premium member badge come from? I would like that to go away if possible. Not that I hate the forum or anything but, I don't roll that way. I just want to be a regualr user.. always have, always will.

Almost 8.. time to make some money

post #182673 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:08 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
I understand you don't like reading novels...

Quote:
As you yourself noted in the Clubhouse feedback thread, this forum is AG's baby. AG's dropped, drooling on itself baby. At the end of the day, they can do as they see fit. But yes- as you also noted, it should be about the members as well. But it is about us. Do you think AG sat around thinking "How can we make this forum worse for everyone?" Nah. They were hoping to make it MORE fun, more viable, and above all else- more profitable. On what planet would they want us all to hate the place? That would equal shitty profits for them.

So. I'm NOT asking anyone to hold their tongue. In fact please run it betwixt my cheeks. South to north only. Please- if you think of changes that are better, when there are technical issues that arise, point them out. Jason, you, like everyone else here that's active, are an integral part of people coming back here. And most all of you have a good handle on what works and what doesn't. Works: The old way. Doesn't work: The new forum andWicked's car. But what I am asking is, can we not claim that the sky is falling and this is the worst thing ever? This is not the first time the forum has received a major face lift and/or upgrades. But every time we do so, people freak out.

Should I tell Jeff all their ideas suck and tell him to eat dicks and call him names? Yes. Maybe helicopter it to assert dominance.

Or should I stay calm, and try and work with him and get things right and try and meet the interests of you guys, our members? Believe it or not, I want what you guys and gals want.

It does get frustrating when the existing staff here puts SO much time and effort into this place over the years, and then people who seem to love this place are so quick to just denounce or motherfuck things, claiming it's the 'worst', etc.

Over the years people have asked me how they become a moderator here. Buy an Acura TL. What do we look for in a moderator. Owns an Acura TL. There are a few things we look for. Acura TLs and a love of dicks. Active and helpful go without saying. But mostly what stands out are people who are able to be impartial and diplomatic the vast majority of the time, even when they're pissed off and frustrated over something or someone.

If you were to run a forum, Jason, and weren't able to facilitate that dynamic, it would never get off the ground. That's not a shot at you- you think you would be the first member from this place to start a forum? It's been done before. Ask me how many of them grew to become as active and as fun as this place.

A man named Joe from Valdosta GA started this forum, and from the beginning he set the example of how to stay calm, be diplomatic, and just have fun here... even when you're pissed off. Others like @ChrisJ and @GTsetGO continued that attitude. And over the years we've had numerous moderators too many to name who kept it going with that mindset.

mdvaldosta
post #182674 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post

Hey dickhead, let me know when you get your outstanding transaction resolved, will ya.

post #182675 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:11 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
@TheUNZippee!
I like the sumons, imo the changes would be great if not for the new skin, if the whole change was how the classic is now, it would be pretty good (granted its a little buggy at times but it can be fixed) and i like the likes and dont like it. I just dont like that were calling it like. Maby something more modded mustangs, less facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
post #182676 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:13 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
@TheUNZippee!
I like the sumons, imo the changes would be great if not for the new skin, if the whole change was how the classic is now, it would be pretty good (granted its a little buggy at times but it can be fixed) and i like the likes and dont like it. I just dont like that were calling it like. Maby something more modded mustangs, less facebook.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR @TheUNZippee!
I like the sumons, imo the changes would be great if not for the new skin, if the whole change was how the classic is now, it would be pretty good (granted its a little buggy at times but it can be fixed) and i like the likes and dont like it. I just dont like that were calling it like. Maby something more modded mustangs, less facebook.
TheUNZippee! likes this.

Quote:
post #182677 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
@TheUNZippee!
I agree. That's actually how I'm running it now, classic skin with the new functions still enabled. The only issues I'm having so far is some intermittent lag when submitting a post.

And what else could we call it other than a 'like'. Something very MM-ish... a Lick?
Mach Stang! likes this.

post #182678 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:14 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
@TheUNZippee!

Quote:
post #182679 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
I approve of Lick
@AG Jeff you know what to do

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #182680 of 195170 Old May 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
Quote:
I agree. That's actually how I'm running it now, classic skin with the new functions still enabled. The only issues I'm having so far is some intermittent lag when submitting a post.

And what else could we call it other than a 'like'. Something very MM-ish... a Lick?
It also double posts like crazy for me.....
Lick sounds good to me!

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/265658-mm-daily-chat-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes - BBQ Addicts This thread Refback February 25th, 2018 11:42 PM