MM daily chat thread - Page 9205 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1666Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #184081 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 04:14 PM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,581
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Shut up women get on my horse.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184082 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 04:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mr_Calypso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: canada
Posts: 2,484
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well the list of parts, will be here tomorrow. Heads will be done Saturday and car assembled Saturday night and Sunday. Can't fricken wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433189682802.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	151897  

Mr_Calypso is offline  
post #184083 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 04:19 PM
there's a tech section?
 
xocolleenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 19,633
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
You have a door ding?
Yeah. 99.9% sure the person did it on purpose too.


NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
xocolleenox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184084 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 04:28 PM
Official Thread Killer
 
RenegadeRukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 10,459
Blog Entries: 2
                   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
Speak for yourself :p
How are those paint chips treating you?


'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
RenegadeRukus is offline  
post #184085 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:10 PM
MOAR BOOST
 
SlowSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 9,163
             
Garage
iTrader: 4 reviews
I'm slightly nervous for my car to make the trip to carlisle.

Last time I went I managed to bust a hanger on my tailpipe and it dangled around the rest of the weekend.


Turbo Build Thread
Status: Collecting parts for a stroker motor
SlowSix is offline  
post #184086 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:12 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Lemkau77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 1,153
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
Yeah. 99.9% sure the person did it on purpose too.
I hate assholes like that, paint less dent removal did wonders on mine!

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
Lemkau77 is offline  
post #184087 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:15 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
 
boattlebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: palmyra ny
Posts: 8,813
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
I'm slightly nervous for my car to make the trip to carlisle.

Last time I went I managed to bust a hanger on my tailpipe and it dangled around the rest of the weekend.
I'm wondering how my car will like pa roads now that I have like no ground clearence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
boattlebot is offline  
post #184088 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:16 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,908
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
How are those paint chips treating you?
If the difference between nice show car and dd are paint chips, you need to adjust your criteria for each. I've got a few chips but I know how to fill them in. I'm pretty much the only person that needs any imperfections in it. Before I bought the FRS to be a DD, I drove the Mustang every day in any kind of weather (sans snow/ice) anywhere in town and it still looks good.





Destination S197 is offline  
post #184089 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:25 PM
MOAR BOOST
 
SlowSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 9,163
             
Garage
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
I'm wondering how my car will like pa roads now that I have like no ground clearence
You will be fine. Your car isnt really that low.
My downpipe has about 2" of clearance from the ground.


Turbo Build Thread
Status: Collecting parts for a stroker motor
SlowSix is offline  
post #184090 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:31 PM
Official Thread Killer
 
RenegadeRukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 10,459
Blog Entries: 2
                   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
If the difference between nice show car and dd are paint chips, you need to adjust your criteria for each. I've got a few chips but I know how to fill them in. I'm pretty much the only person that needs any imperfections in it. Before I bought the FRS to be a DD, I drove the Mustang every day in any kind of weather (sans snow/ice) anywhere in town and it still looks good.





Why are you shrugging of paint chips like they don't affect how people see your car...?

When you drive 5 miles after getting a fresh paint and get a chip taken out from a car kicking up rocks. Or a curb scuffing the chin/wheels... Or a coyote deciding to suicide dash into the radiator...

It's kinda hard to want to keep driving it as a dd since you know that shit will always fuck you up.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also, pictures prove jack shit about paint...


'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
RenegadeRukus is offline  
post #184091 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:34 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
 
boattlebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: palmyra ny
Posts: 8,813
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
You will be fine. Your car isnt really that low.
My downpipe has about 2" of clearance from the ground.
The back of my exhaust hangs about that low. You just driving your car or are you showing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
boattlebot is offline  
post #184092 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:42 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,908
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Why are you shrugging of paint chips like they don't affect how people see your car...?

When you drive 5 miles after getting a fresh paint and get a chip taken out from a car kicking up rocks. Or a curb scuffing the chin/wheels... Or a coyote deciding to suicide dash into the radiator...

It's kinda hard to want to keep driving it as a dd since you know that shit will always fuck you up.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Also, pictures prove jack shit about paint...

Not sure why you're taking something so personally.

Paint chips don't affect the way people look at the car cause unless they're inspecting from 2 or 3 inches away they're not going to see them when you know how to fill them in.

Rocks getting tossed up can be annoying but its part of car ownership. It's going to happen, it used to bother me at first but you get over it. Can't stop it. The curbing the chin and wheels is your own fault.

I've taken mine to shows and won plaques and trophies while it was a DD and Louisiana roads are shit, especially the ones in Baton Rouge. Once you accept that things are going to happen to it and enjoy the car instead of the way other people are going to perceive it, the better off you'll be.

The pictures tell a lot, the car spent six months out of each year the last five years parked under trees and and the condition of the car is still great.

Some things you can't control, like having to drive through a lot that's got a dip your car can't properly navigate but it is what it is. I've scraped that cat twice.

Destination S197 is offline  
post #184093 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:48 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mr_Calypso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: canada
Posts: 2,484
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
I just got the witcher 3 last week... Been pounding away at that game. Pretty damn good.
Same here, how do you like it so far?

Mr_Calypso is offline  
post #184094 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:57 PM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,581
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is online now  
post #184095 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 05:57 PM
Official Thread Killer
 
RenegadeRukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 10,459
Blog Entries: 2
                   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
Not sure why you're taking something so personally.

Paint chips don't affect the way people look at the car cause unless they're inspecting from 2 or 3 inches away they're not going to see them when you know how to fill them in.

Rocks getting tossed up can be annoying but its part of car ownership. It's going to happen, it used to bother me at first but you get over it. Can't stop it. The curbing the chin and wheels is your own fault.

I've taken mine to shows and won plaques and trophies while it was a DD and Louisiana roads are shit, especially the ones in Baton Rouge. Once you accept that things are going to happen to it and enjoy the car instead of the way other people are going to perceive it, the better off you'll be.

The pictures tell a lot, the car spent six months out of each year the last five years parked under trees and and the condition of the car is still great.

Some things you can't control, like having to drive through a lot that's got a dip your car can't properly navigate but it is what it is. I've scraped that cat twice.

Why wouldn't you take it personally? It's something you own and care for, yet it gets fucked up.

I care more about how I see my car, and I scrutinize the details... I am starting to not really care after having to repair the bumper twice in a month and half now though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Calypso View Post
Same here, how do you like it so far?
I love it. Started work again though... So no time anymore...


'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
RenegadeRukus is offline  
post #184096 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 06:02 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mr_Calypso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: canada
Posts: 2,484
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Why wouldn't you take it personally? It's something you own and care for, yet it gets fucked up.

I care more about how I see my car, and I scrutinize the details... I am starting to not really care after having to repair the bumper twice in a month and half now though...



I love it. Started work again though... So no time anymore...
Ahhhh shitty I'm working right now, I try to get a hour in here and there, but that hour feels like 10 minutes.

Mr_Calypso is offline  
post #184097 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 06:05 PM
Official Thread Killer
 
RenegadeRukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 10,459
Blog Entries: 2
                   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Calypso View Post
Ahhhh shitty I'm working right now, I try to get a hour in here and there, but that hour feels like 10 minutes.
Yeah... I made it to lvl 14 in my two days off


'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
RenegadeRukus is offline  
post #184098 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 06:11 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mr_Calypso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: canada
Posts: 2,484
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Yeah... I made it to lvl 14 in my two days off
Holy, I just hit lvl 18 today but I've been playing here and there since it was released, only thing I can't figure out is the game of Gwent haha.

Mr_Calypso is offline  
post #184099 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM
Official Thread Killer
 
RenegadeRukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 10,459
Blog Entries: 2
                   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Calypso View Post
Holy, I just hit lvl 18 today but I've been playing here and there since it was released, only thing I can't figure out is the game of Gwent haha.
That's easy, I built for siege and have debuffs for all other types. The horn card really helps. I kept a few high power range and close types also the spy cards help that let you gain extra cards in use those first round and pass. Then I have 11-13 cards and the opponent has like 7

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Play Gwent with the local merchants to gain strategy for your deck. Then take on the Bloody Baron and start a quest for Gwent. Also mission boards help if they are Gwent notices


'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
RenegadeRukus is offline  
post #184100 of 195170 Old June 1st, 2015, 06:45 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
 
boattlebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: palmyra ny
Posts: 8,813
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
I'm looking foward to my drive. Hopefully the roads dry so I can make time early on but its not looking good for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
boattlebot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/265658-mm-daily-chat-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes - BBQ Addicts This thread Refback February 25th, 2018 10:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome