Hold a sign about cops, go to jail WTF - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 98 Old July 8th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Live Hard Die Hard

Send a message via Skype™ to Stop Mach1n Me
I know a lot of departments that have a program called LACE. This were an officer must write a certain amount of tickets before he gets off his shift. I know some people think this is bogus, but it is a real program. If you look at the top right hand of any ticket you have gotten there will be a box we a letter goes . If you have a L in that box the officer was working a LACE shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Mach1n Me View Post
I do not regret the things I do.

I regret the things I did not do when I had the chance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 98 Old July 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Efficiency is Performance

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_DAGGER View Post
I know a lot of departments that have a program called LACE. This were an officer must write a certain amount of tickets before he gets off his shift. I know some people think this is bogus, but it is a real program. If you look at the top right hand of any ticket you have gotten there will be a box we a letter goes . If you have a L in that box the officer was working a LACE shift.
I thought they would have done away with the quota system. But its obvious that its still around. I thought they would have changed the name and the characteristics of what each cops performance must stand up to.

Its like your just a stepping stone to reach their goal.

'95 4.2L V6 Mustang 5-speed
'13 Fusion
post #63 of 98 Old July 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Regular

Speed traps and speeding tickets are nothing more than cash cows for local municipalities. If you cant see that youre just being naive. If they were so worried about keeping roads safe, theyd ticket people for tailgating, or riding in the left lane below the speed limit. Much more dangerous than speeding, but much less lucrative.

2012 GT premium 6 MT
Brembo pkg/ Roush axleback/ Eibach prokit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 98 Old July 8th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Not A Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOdessa View Post
Or *gasp* go after real criminals!
If you break the law then you are, by definition, a criminal. Expired tags, speeding, exhibition driving, etc are all crimes. Maybe not "real crimes" in your mind, but they are all against the law. Can you imagine how many accidents and shit there would be if cops stopped making traffic stops? I could go drive 100mph in a school zone with my eyes closed or ignore every red light just for shits and giggles. Every time someone mentions traffic stops someone has to make the retarded "cops should be after real criminals" statement.
post #65 of 98 Old July 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
MM's Official Lucifer

Send a message via AIM to goren813
Everyone agrees that it makes money for local govt. What most people are missing is that it is needed money. The economy had just as much an effect on local govt as it did individuals. Again, paved roads (which we as car enthusiasts must have) and public services are very expensive. If this is one way to make those happen, I'm all for it.

I'd like the popo to be quick to my house when someone breaks in, there's a fire, etc. etc., and if they had to let that 1 cop go cuz they couldn't afford the salary, that sucks for me when I need him.

"Fast she goes...in the city of Overdose"
post #66 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_DAGGER View Post
Reps man. I've been doing some reading on that program...from what I can tell it's sort of hush-hush? Not a lot on the internet about it, though what I've dug up is:

-the program exists SOLELY to generate revenue for the sponsor and officers involved. The sponsor could be someone like the DA or a government representative.

-the officer gets paid his overtime rate+mileage while working a LACE shift by the sponsor. i.e., the department will pay the officer his normal wage, then he receives additional money from the "pool" set up by the program sponsor.

-the program sponsor then receives revenue based upon the money generated through the tickets written to citizens.

- The officer has to write a predetermined number of tickets before the LACE shift is over. How and what he writes those tickets for is up to him. I lurked a couple of law enforcement forums and the general consensus was that a lot of officers hate the LACE shifts because they're bullshit, and so they write a bunch of bullshit tickets in order to get out of the shift.

-the LEOs time is funded by the DA office. Because of this however, officers are instructed to write a citation EVERY time. No warnings. They are also encouraged in some departments to do vehicle searches in order to find incriminating evidence to write more tickets.

edit: Direct quote I found on a LEO forum.

"PS: Lace is a program that alot of depts has as an overtime detail like Kjlaw. It's paid for by the Louisiana Highway commission. You write the tickets on State or US hwys. Much like they pay for DUI enforcement and seatbelt enforcement. Thing is we were allowed to sign up for 4,6, or 8hrs overtime. For every 2 tickets that was 1hr overtime. This was so that you didn't sign up for it and go sit at home and collect overtime, you had to show something for the time they paid you so the only way to calculate it was to say you should be able to write a minimum of 2 tickets an hour (which is very easy speeders are everywhere). So if you signed up for 8hrs then you had to turn in 16 tickets to get paid for 8hrs. You get out there, set up, run your radar, and knock them out back to back. Write one, get back around and set up again. If you got all 16 in about 3hrs, then you turned in your tickets and went home paid for 8hrs.
Don't know about other depts but we had to have our cameras ready and our radar was cooperated with our cameras, so when I get a speeder, I hit record and it would back up 45sec and record the radar speed on the video. so no one could say we were writing bogus tickets. It's on video. Lace also would run all year long, so whenever you were off if you wanted to run Lace it was there. Some State troopers make well into the 100 thousand dollars from working lace regularly all year long. So when your trying to knock your tickets out and get home, very little room for warnings"

There you have it folks.

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
post #67 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
If you break the law then you are, by definition, a criminal. Expired tags, speeding, exhibition driving, etc are all crimes. Maybe not "real crimes" in your mind, but they are all against the law. Can you imagine how many accidents and shit there would be if cops stopped making traffic stops? I could go drive 100mph in a school zone with my eyes closed or ignore every red light just for shits and giggles. Every time someone mentions traffic stops someone has to make the retarded "cops should be after real criminals" statement.
Ya! Go 100 mph in a school zone with your eyes closed! you and the guy with the 3-day expired registration should get thrown in the hole for a million years! YA! USA! USA! USA!

Give me a fucking break. Speed traps are just a small step to complete control by 'law enforcement'. The fact that you accept this BS should be a crime in itself. "The law is the law" with no regard as to who came up with the law is the most naive piece of shit argument i've heard of in my entire life.

USMC CREW
OEF Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stanggt View Post
You would think they used camm'd LS1's to launch space shuttles.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bill of Rights
(Must be 18, void where prohibited, not available in all states, restrictions apply)

Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are
post #68 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Zip's Supervisor

Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
How many threads are we going to have about people bitching about speeding tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

post #69 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by graystang01 View Post
How many threads are we going to have about people bitching about speeding tickets?

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
post #70 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cum On Me Bro

Quote:
It wasn't about bitching about speeding tickets at first...

post #71 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:

Maybe when cops stop doing their jobs.
post #72 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Slowbra

She probably was telling them to slow down and wrap their headers and delete their thermostat to get 39MPG and the cops arrested her cause the government wouldn't make so much money off taxing gas prices.
post #73 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman0469 View Post
Speed traps and speeding tickets are nothing more than cash cows for local municipalities. If you cant see that youre just being naive. If they were so worried about keeping roads safe, theyd ticket people for tailgating, or riding in the left lane below the speed limit. Much more dangerous than speeding, but much less lucrative.
People do get tickets for those things.
post #74 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
All of them.

post #75 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Efficiency is Performance

Garage
Quote:
Well this is a forum about cars, and cars do run on streets, and our particular kind of cars have a big reputation for speeding. So...

IDK it must be a mystery.

'95 4.2L V6 Mustang 5-speed
'13 Fusion
post #76 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
MM Fanatic

I'll probably catch some crap from this but I'm just stating my opinion, no harm intended.

There's no doubt the speeding tax is a huge way for police departments to make money, it's estimated to take in 3.75 - 7.5 Billion nation wide each year. There are studies that show higher (but reasonable) speed limits actually are safer because all the cars will travel at speeds that they deem safe (usually 75 in a 65 mph or 65 in a 55, etc..) and the amount of people "speeding" will actually decrease. Not many people aim to drive a certain speed about the speed limit, they just drive at what they feel is a reasonable speed. If you have some people going 75 and some going 60 on the same road it's a lot more dangerous than everyone going 75. People argue some cars aren't safe enough to hit higher speeds on the highways, but more rigorous inspections could easily fix it. I had to do a term paper about this topic and it's pretty obvious that police rely on speeding tickets for a large source of revenue, they will fight to keep speed limits the same or lower even if people have said higher speeds are safer. I wouldn't blame them for trying to get much needed revenue for the state from speeders, but it's really unfair to the guy who drives 10 mph over on the highway and pays attention to the road where some drivers on their phones or eating can drive the speed limit and not get pulled over. Sure, excessive speeding is dangerous especially as traffic gets heavier, but a lot of the time I think there's a lot worse of things going on then someone going 10 over.

At least we don't have it as bad as Europe does, they have speed cameras and red light cameras everywhere.

Also, as for the flashing highbeams, I'll do it out of courtesy for other drivers, and ended up flashing another cop in an unmarked car. Oops lol. Needless to say I'm a lot more careful doing that now.

2001 Mustang V6- Sold
2014 Focus ST
post #77 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM

I don't see the problem with wanting to generate revenue. They are only giving summonses if you break the law..how can one complain about that? So what if they get you for 2mph over, if you don't like the way a local department works then move, don't break the law, or stop crying when you get ticketed.

Regarding the video, I don't know how I feel about it, nor do I know how I feel about people who flash their lights to warn others. I have been warned numerous times and I am grateful, and I admit I have warned people myself. Although, sometimes if someone is really hauling ass I'll want them to get stopped, so I don't warn them. And if someone is speeding I'll even flash then when there isn't really a cop, just to make them slow down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #78 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Made in U.S.A.

I don't think ANY state allows a ticket for 2 mph over.
post #79 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Not A Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefmobile View Post
Ya! Go 100 mph in a school zone with your eyes closed! you and the guy with the 3-day expired registration should get thrown in the hole for a million years! YA! USA! USA! USA!

Give me a fucking break. Speed traps are just a small step to complete control by 'law enforcement'. The fact that you accept this BS should be a crime in itself. "The law is the law" with no regard as to who came up with the law is the most naive piece of shit argument i've heard of in my entire life.
If you don't like the a law, write your Congressman. I'm sure they'd be happy to try to remove speed limits from roads and no longer require vehicle registration. Oh wait, those things generate revenue that keeps public services available and police on the streets.

And great job comparing apples to oranges
post #80 of 98 Old July 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Driving is a privilege and not a right. When you took the test and signed your license you agreed to abide by things like speed limits. If you don't like it, cut your license in half.

Personally I find it ridiculous that people view things like speed limits as an attempt by big brother or law enforcement to control us. Seriously? Come on.

How bloody hard is it to drive the speed limit or just a few miles over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page