My 2001 Cobra 25 55.56%
2001 Saleen 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imTraxx View Post
He knows that I'm an obsessive person and I always have to have something better. I have problems settling and its something I need to get over, because you shouldn't have to force yourself to "settle" for a Cobra haha.
And this is why people draw conclusions that you are spoiled...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM
MM's Slowest Member :(

Just stay humble..if you revert from that I will turn my back on you and never look back.
post #103 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightRider View Post
Just stay humble..if you revert from that I will turn my back on you and never look back.
Yes master
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
2013 5.0

Send a message via AIM to slonison
Quote:
It could go either way. In northern Indiana it seems that Mustangs fly off CL, and I know I could probably get 12k for my Cobra if I found the right buyer. The saleen owner is unwilling to trade, so I would come up with the extra 2k from my job at Marsh. I would then proceed to sell the Saleen on eBay for 18k. Next I would buy a 2003 Termi. There's a method to my madness.
Called it... I better be getting reps for putting an end to this...

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
1998 True Blue Coupe - Totaled
post #105 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
And this is why people draw conclusions that you are spoiled...
Well they would be drawing the wrong ones.
post #106 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!

Send a message via Yahoo to RZNCAIN
Yeah, stay humble, like me.

2007 Shelby GT- Hardparked
1988 LX 5.0- Umm...Driver?

post #107 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Hahaha. This thread isn't over!!!

What are you gonnado Traxx? We need to know.
post #108 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
I have never said that the Cobra is not good enough for me, and I never will. Are other things out there better? yes and there will always be something better. The fact that I'm reaching out for cars that I only use to dream about doesn't make me a spoiled rich kid. It means I'm taking the initiative to achieve what I want and I'm paying for it. As far as bringing the hate upon myself? I highly disagree. My Cobra costed $8500. This is probably in the 50th percentile of cars at my highschool. I'm not saying that makes my car inferior to others, I'm just trying to show you that perspective is everything. If people are jealous or resent me for having a nice car at 16, then so be it, because I'm not bragging about it or getting in anyones way. So no, I do not bring it upon myself.
Quote:
I buy/sell stuff on CL as a hobby/job. But I also work about 10-15 hours a week at Marsh Supermarkets as a bag bitch/shelf stocker.
Yes, you do think it's not good enough. Anytime you think about trading it for a Saleen or CTS-V or adding a $15k winter 4x4 then you think you deserve something better. There are plenty of guys on here who cycle through new cars quite frequently (One guy has a Shelby and had a Raptor he traded for a new Cummins) but they're older and earn all the money yourself. The fact is you don't make nearly enough money flipping stuff on craigslist to afford a cobra, saleen, or cts-v, and you got your loan through the "bank of dad" with no interest and no pressure if you miss payments. I don't have any issue with people's parents getting them a good car if they can afford it, it's the parent's money so let them do what they want with it. Someone at my high school had a GT500 and kids at my college drive $100,000k + cars (most notably a Bentley and SLS AMG.)

You have to realize 80-90% of people on here work real jobs during school (Yes, 40 hrs+ a week plus taking classes) to afford their cars, and if they took out a loan it was from a real bank who charges interest and they lose the car if they miss payments. Factor in insurance, gas, repairs, etc... and not many 15/16 year olds can afford a Cobra without some help.

That being said (like I said before) I have no issues with your dad getting you the cobra even if he payed for the whole thing. The thing that's turning people against you is that you're always looking for bigger and better things. There's nothing wrong with that, I go online all the time and look for different options for vehicles for myself, like selling the truck and mustang and getting a terminator, new 5.0, M3, etc... or using some extra money I have to buy an R6 or Ninja, but I never come on here and make threads about it. Once I'm serious about it (like ready to head over with cash in hand) I might make a thread asking serious questions about it, but never say "Should I upgrade?"

Search craigslist all you want, but realize that everyone's point is that at 16 you shouldn't be serious about upgrading from a Cobra. Drive it, and if you're really unhappy with it after 6 months then get serious. If you've search online consistently then you'll have a good idea whats out there and what the price ranges should be so you don't have to ask us for opinions on prices.

So to answer your question, keep your Cobra. It has a great motor and is a good platform for future modifications. I can guarantee that you'll enjoy it enough so where you won't want to upgrade for at least a few years.

Quote:
He knows that I'm an obsessive person and I always have to have something better. I have problems settling and its something I need to get over, because you shouldn't have to force yourself to "settle" for a Cobra haha. But he's just impressed about me making profits as long as nobody gets hurt.
Obsessive would be out cleaning the cobra every day and trying to make what you have better. As someone in your position "spoiled" is the exact terminology that would fit here.

2001 Mustang V6- Sold
2014 Focus ST
post #109 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hahaha. This thread isn't over!!!

What are you gonnado Traxx? We need to know.
Well this is my 250th post, so im gonna go explore
post #110 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Well they would be drawing the wrong ones.
I disagree. A 15 year old that constantly demands for better and has to learn to settle for something as nice as an 01 cobra is spoiled.

I'm just trying to explain to you what you were asking for a couple pages back. I have tried to help you in each of your threads and this is me just clarifying a couple things for you. As I said, I could care less what you drive or what you do with your money. But the bottom line is that you do come from a rich family and this kind of talk would lead most to see you as spoiled. Not that its something to be ashamed of, its just how it is. Take it as a life lesson and move on with it...
post #111 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
I disagree. A 15 year old that constantly demands for better and has to learn to settle for something as nice as an 01 cobra is spoiled.

I'm just trying to explain to you what you were asking for a couple pages back. I have tried to help you in each of your threads and this is me just clarifying a couple things for you. As I said, I could care less what you drive or what you do with your money. But the bottom line is that you do come from a rich family and this kind of talk would lead most to see you as spoiled. Not that its something to be ashamed of, its just how it is. Take it as a life lesson and move on with it...
Bullshit. When did I ever DEMAND for anything? I'm using 100% of my money to make this transaction if I do go forward with this. MY 2k is the difference between the Cobra and the Saleen. Buy low, sell high. Theres nothing to move on from, because I really dont care what people think of me when they are basing their opinion on false information.
post #112 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Bullshit. When did I ever DEMAND for anything? I'm using 100% of my money to make this transaction if I do go forward with this. MY 2k is the difference between the Cobra and the Saleen. Buy low, sell high. Theres nothing to move on from, because I really dont care what people think of me when they are basing their opinion on false information.

Why would you provide false information? We're just going on the information you provided.

CAI, Mac off road H pipe, Magnapacks w/dumps, UPR shifter w/rock crusher handle,
FRPP C springs, HPM Megabite Jr lca's, FRPP 4.10's, S281 spoiler, Mach 1 chin spoiler

Cooler than a body on ice.
post #113 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Well this is my 250th post, so im gonna go explore
Say hi to Sara for me.
post #114 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1288 View Post
Why would you provide false information? We're just going on the information you provided.
Please quote where I demanded a new car.
post #115 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Say hi to Sara for me.
I can't find it
post #116 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
OK Kiddo... Whatever you say. Once again, I could care less what you do or what you drive because it affects my life in no way, shape, or form so spare me the attitude. You wanted to know why people treat you like a spoiled rich kid, I have laid it out for you. But I can do nothing more than that. If you dont want to understand, thats your call. But Im just explaining what you wanted to know ( but obviously wasnt the answered you wanted to hear ).
post #117 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Say hi to Sara for me.
He not 18... He cant get in there.
post #118 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
I'm using 100% of my money to make this transaction if I do go forward with this. MY 2k is the difference between the Cobra and the Saleen. Buy low, sell high.
I think he understands "buy low sell high" given he's in the finance and investment industry... And it's funny because "your money" is a fraction of the $14k price on the Saleen, that's our whole point. $2k will buy you a decent beater, $2k + a Cobra from your parents is what makes the deal mostly your dad getting you the Saleen.

I'm done with this thread because my opinion has already been echoed by everyone else. You're 16, be happy with a Cobra and stop asking a bunch of guys who bought their own cars if you should upgrade from a car you haven't paid for yet when you only have $2,000 of your own money/

2001 Mustang V6- Sold
2014 Focus ST
post #119 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
He not 18... He cant get in there.

Poor dude.
post #120 of 167 Old July 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedsFX4 View Post
I think he understands "buy low sell high" given he's in the finance and investment industry... And it's funny because "your money" is a fraction of the $14k price on the Saleen, that's our whole point. $2k will buy you a decent beater, $2k + a Cobra from your parents is what makes the deal mostly your dad getting you the Saleen.

I'm done with this thread because my opinion has already been echoed by everyone else. You're 16, be happy with a Cobra and stop asking a bunch of guys who bought their own cars if you should upgrade from a car you haven't paid for yet when you only have $2,000 of your own money/
Cobra originally costed $8500. I had 2k cash, my parents loaned 6k. I sell Cobra for 12k. That means my 2k is now 5.5k. Get more of my money out of the bank to make 7.5k, use 6k loan and MY 7.5k to buy saleen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page