VOTE HERE TILL TUESDAY 9/11! MM GIVEAWAY! Porter Cable 7424XP + More! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
View Poll Results: Who is the MM member who should receive the detailing equipment?
GreenShift 15 24.59%
SpaseGhost 16 26.23%
Coops6er 10 16.39%
4.6DreameR 20 32.79%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

VOTE HERE TILL TUESDAY 9/11! MM GIVEAWAY! Porter Cable 7424XP + More!

Okay, after long deliberation, I ended up selecting four people!!!!

Those candidates are GreenShift, SpaseGhost, Coops6er, and 4.6Dreamer!!

Congratulations Gentleman!

Voting will begin immediately and will end Tuesday, September 11th at 12pm, where the package will then be shipped out Wednesday the 12th. Please make sure that you are able to pay the shipping that day so I can get it out to you right away. I have a one way flight to New York on Friday the 14th at 4pm, so I need to have received the PayPal shipping payment by then. Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail and will be between $25-35. So you’ll get $280 worth of stuff for $35. If shipping costs are an issue and you end up winning, talk to me and we'll work something out. Advertise all you want for your votes and may the person with the most votes win!!

For those of you who didn't read the full first thread, here's what's up for grabs.

I will be giving away my Porter Cable 7424XP DA Polisher to one lucky forum member, along with a backing plate, the Meguiar's Microfiber D/A System, A Pad Cleaning Brush, a Meguiar's Detailing Apron, a collection of PakShack Microfiber Towels, and a free large Mustang T-Shirt (never been worn)!

For those of you who want to re-read their stories before voting:

SpaseGhost:

Well, here goes my turn!

I was raised on Chevrolet my whole life and ALWAYS remember my dad having a first generation Camaro. It was always his pride and joy to have them just as clean and shiny as could be. He used to drive it to the detail shop I worked at in high school just so I could clean it for him. My wife is the same way with "her" mustang. I bought it for her 6 years ago, brought our child home in 4 years ago, let my dad drive it for a year 3 years ago, then let it sit for 2 years. Now I have gotten back into messing with the car and love going out cruising with the wife in it. I always get asked why I keep putting money into "just a six cylinder". It was the first real vehicle my wife had, I brought my daughter home in it, and my dad died two years ago. Its always been easier to keep the mustang clean and driving than his camaro. I have a lot of sentimental value to our car and enjoy the feeling of driving around and having people looking at it, especially guys in GTs and cobras! I have only driven my father's car twice since he died, once to the funeral and once more last summer when I replaced the starter. It sits under a cover in my garage collecting dust. Nothing would make me happier to pull the cover, detail the crap out of it and take a drive with the family in it. Given I have not done much detailing in the past 12 years I would love to practice on my paid off, easy to get parts for mustang before I damage a pristine, clean, powerful icon of a car from a generation of what our cars wish they could be.

Coops6er:

Hi, My name is Cooper and I'm a freshman at KU. Having a Porter Cable would be extremely beneficial to me for a few reasons. First of all, I really have an interest to get into the detailing hobby and try and supplement myself with an additional source of income. To be completely honest, I'm as broke as they come. I'm blessed to have my parents sending me through college, so I would be grateful to have a way to provide myself money so that they don't have to. I was planning on trying to save up to buy an orbital in the near future, but if I were to somehow win this contest I would not only be able to make some extra money, but also avoid the upfront cost of buying one for myself. Secondly, my car is parked in a garage right now below my dorm room. It is almost completely swirled to hell and back, with multiple scratches from other careless people. It sure would make me happy to see it shine like it did the day I bought it, and really get others interested in possible business.

4.6DreameR:

Well as you know, being a daily driver a car's paint can get some nice scratches and rock chips, key marks and all sorts of blemishes. Also not having a garage that you are able to store a car in sucks. I've been out of work since January, but I hope to be starting a job soon. This orbital will allow me to practice detailing on my car which it badly needs and hopefully I will be able to get good enough to do other people's cars. That kind of income for a college student does wonders, as I am paying for my own college, just like you were. Cars are my passion, because of them I have met many friends and just have a much better life since I purchased my car. I want to show my car the love it deserves, and this would definitely help.

GreenShift:

My names Jeremy Smith, Im 21 and I just graduated with an associates in science at HCCC. I enlisted in the Army in April and Ill be shipping out in October, Ill be fixing airframes. This sounds like a internet dating ad... I bought my first Mustang back in 2009 after a pretty nasty wreck in my Ranger. I walked in the lot and saw this bright red Ranger, as I went to look at it there was a silver Mustang right behind it and I know thats what I wanted. I walked into the building to ask about the Mustang and in there sat my car, a bright red convertible Mustang. I knew instantly that was the car I wanted and that it WOULD be mine. And so it was!

I got it in December so it was impossible to wash it well as I dont have garage, I took it to the car wash a few times and froze my ass off but it was mildly clean at least. Soon as it got above freezing the hose came out and I got to washing. I think I washed it every day for 2 weeks straight at first lol I was late to things sometimes because of this and when people would ask me where I was they would give me strange looks when I said "Oh well I had to wash the car before I came." Nobody ever understood. Even now 3 years later my neighbor will say "YOUR CARS DIRTY!" just to pick on me haha

As to why it would benefit me. Right now Im moving in with my father until I ship out, he has a Ram 1500 that he takes good care of and actually just got it repainted completely last month. He had an accident back in I think 2007 with a saw and nearly cut his arm off, he cut completely through I believe the radius and just hit the ulna. Hes been in and out of surgeries since, trying to get that fixed the best they can. Because of this and because hes getting older now he cant really wash his truck the way he used to. I already offered to wash his truck for him while Im there but my cleaning supplies Im bringing are only meant for my little car lol He has a buffer actually but I sure as hell wont use that thing, the power cord is taped together and I dont enjoy getting electrocuted so I would rather do it by hand first.

Its a bit longer than the requirement but theres my story lol

2003 Triple Black Mustang GT Vert

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT- Sold
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Diesel - Sold
1990 Jeep Cherokee - Sold
2002 Mustang GT - Mineral Gray - Sold
2007 MazdaSpeed6 - Totaled from a drunkard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much

Gunna support the fellow kansan, since i dont really know that i've recognize any of the other names on here...

MM + Cleavage member #22

post #3 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM

All stories were nice, but I went with Spaceghost.

Whoever wins, we expect a full write-up and pics in the detailing section after your first detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

I second that motion!

post #5 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA

Garage
When was this contest?! Shit, I spend so much time in the politics section, I miss out on all the fun shit in the clubhouse. Oh, and NoCol, are you coming this month or October?

'01 GT Convertible
Maximum Motorsports TQA|PHB|FLSFC|LCA|Coilovers
D&D T56 Magnum; Cobra R Brakes; Sparco Seats
Tuned by Mustang Magic and so much other stuff

'16 Fiesta ST
Cobb FMIC, Turbo-back exhaust, RMM and Air Filter
Tuned by Stratified
post #6 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
MM Fanatic

Voted for Spase, thought it would be tacky to vote for myself lol

Cant really lose with my fellow competitors, no matter who it goes to itll be of great use it looks like
post #7 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

My votes for greenshift. Gotta respect our servicemen and women plus he's a fellow 6er! And red is a hard color to keep nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

post #8 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileppezdel77! View Post
When was this contest?! Shit, I spend so much time in the politics section, I miss out on all the fun shit in the clubhouse. Oh, and NoCol, are you coming this month or October?
Hahaha, valid! It's been going on for about the last month. And I move out next Friday man! Im in Brooklyn off of Prospect Place and Franklin Ave.
Franklive Ave. 2,3,4 Line is my train to work everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenShift View Post
Voted for Spase, thought it would be tacky to vote for myself lol

Cant really lose with my fellow competitors, no matter who it goes to itll be of great use it looks like
Not tacky to vote for yourself! I have no problem with that. That's why I kept the poll private.

But I agree, I think the four of you all had great plans and great uses for the equipment so that's why you guys god the nod.

post #9 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPeNsIvE HoBbY View Post
My votes for greenshift. Gotta respect our servicemen and women plus he's a fellow 6er! And red is a hard color to keep nice.

Says the one driving a white car But it is a pain. Especially in the spring. We get loooottttsss of pollen up here in NY and if I dont wash it every few days the whole car will turn orange lol
post #10 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

I'm not going to vote, good luck to all the other contestants!

post #11 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM
BWAL Is My Hero

Oh snap! I tied it up.
post #12 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
MoM Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to 94racing
4.6 dreamer cause hes a good guy

post #13 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Greenshift got my vote because me and him are the same when it comes to keeping our cars spotless. I've had a hose and bucket out at 6am so my car would look good before I went to work.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #14 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Quote:
Says the one driving a white car But it is a pain. Especially in the spring. We get loooottttsss of pollen up here in NY and if I dont wash it every few days the whole car will turn orange lol
Lol I have a white car, but a black top, which makes it all that much worse. Car looks clean, top looks old and dirty, even tho it's 12 years newer than the car lol

post #15 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPeNsIvE HoBbY View Post
Lol I have a white car, but a black top, which makes it all that much worse. Car looks clean, top looks old and dirty, even tho it's 12 years newer than the car lol

Mines black too, whats that hard top made of? If its cloth Ive taken a lint roller to mine before in the early summer when all the dandelion fuzzies stick to it. My old vinyl top had some mold/mildew on it so I scrubbed it with a brush and just soapy water and it got tons better, was actually tan again.

Thanks for the votes everyone
post #16 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Quote:
Mines black too, whats that hard top made of? If its cloth Ive taken a lint roller to mine before in the early summer when all the dandelion fuzzies stick to it. My old vinyl top had some mold/mildew on it so I scrubbed it with a brush and just soapy water and it got tons better, was actually tan again.

Thanks for the votes everyone
Mines a fiberglass removable hardtop.

post #17 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM
MM Fanatic

Hmm yeah, I havent seen those pictures in a while so I was going off your sig. I knew it was a hard top but not what it was made out of/lined with. Looks like almost a mirror finish in the second picture. I see no old and dirty! lol
post #18 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
KCCO

Vote in for 4.6! Good luck

Centennial GT Project

My weakness becomes my weapon, and pain my pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCubersoldat View Post
I'll buy a Chevy before i go back to MMR.
post #19 of 84 Old September 6th, 2012, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Damn, this is close!!!

post #20 of 84 Old September 7th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

Voted for Spase. I like that sentimental story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page