Foxfive's 1992 GT Street/Strip Build - Page 28 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #541 of 554 Old March 19th, 2016, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
foxfive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 554 Old March 20th, 2016, 06:41 PM
the U of A
 
paulyboy928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cropwell, AL
Posts: 1,308
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
round of applause!
foxfive likes this.

2011 GT | M6 | Brembo | 3.73 | Sterling Grey Metallic | Bravado Tributes | MPSS | BMR Suspension | MGW Race Spec | Mach 500 + Lightened Flywheel | Lund Tune | Ported Boss IM | Steeda CAI | Jegs Cat Deletes | GT-500s | M50A1 Long Block | MT-82 #2
paulyboy928 is offline  
post #543 of 554 Old March 26th, 2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Cleaned the Fox up dialed it in. Put a new Hurst shifter bezel in and installed the switches again.

http://youtu.be/PyACWnd0HvU[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------
foxfive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #544 of 554 Old March 28th, 2016, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Installed a new Hurst shifter plate and boot. Had to remount all the switches but the wiring remained the same.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cleaned it up a little bit.

[IMG][/IMG]

It will be making a significant appearance change in the fall.
foxfive is offline  
post #545 of 554 Old April 10th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 15
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Clean looking fox body, a big fan of this body style and taillight housing too.
foxfive likes this.
tbayarea is offline  
post #546 of 554 Old April 11th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,453
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
So what do you think of it now that you've driven it some? Run well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #547 of 554 Old April 12th, 2016, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
I haven't been able to drive it too much because we got some ice and a little snow so they put salt down. It's been cold as well even though the strip is open. The last time I drove it I ran it up a little and it seemed to go well. I haven't really been able to get after it because people know my car and I don't want a complaint. The first day I took it out I pulled up to a stop sign down the road and the cam was popping. This lady that I know was giving me a dirty look. It pulls hard from 2500 up, too quick to be messing around in the daylight. It definately plants and goes. The clutch grabs nice too. Hopefully I get a few spins in this week. I think I have it tuned pretty well but I need to get a dyno tune. I love it so far, the real test will be the strip.

One of my co workers just picked up an 88 LX roller. We got a complete 93 5.0 HO with 18 k on it and he got a rebuilt T5. I will be giving him a hand on that and my other buddy has a 92 LX that needs a hand. As soon as the decent weather hits I'm hitting the strip.

I'm pretty pumped up for this spring/summer
foxfive is offline  
post #548 of 554 Old April 12th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast
 
Burrito of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 732
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Do something about those wire ties. If your hand gets caught on the cut end while shifting you're going to bleed. I have cut my hand on them before.
Burrito of Death is offline  
post #549 of 554 Old April 13th, 2016, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
My hand is always on the shifter ball, I just drop a finger down to push the momentary switch to engage the line lok. The momentary switch had a rubber sleeve that held in on the shifter handle but it wore out.
foxfive is offline  
post #550 of 554 Old April 19th, 2016, 06:44 PM
gtscrewd
 
faym 08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 5,228
Blog Entries: 1
                   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
Cleaned the Fox up dialed it in. Put a new Hurst shifter bezel in and installed the switches again.

http://youtu.be/PyACWnd0HvU[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------
Sounds badass!!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
I haven't been able to drive it too much because we got some ice and a little snow so they put salt down. It's been cold as well even though the strip is open. The last time I drove it I ran it up a little and it seemed to go well. I haven't really been able to get after it because people know my car and I don't want a complaint. The first day I took it out I pulled up to a stop sign down the road and the cam was popping. This lady that I know was giving me a dirty look. It pulls hard from 2500 up, too quick to be messing around in the daylight. It definately plants and goes. The clutch grabs nice too. Hopefully I get a few spins in this week. I think I have it tuned pretty well but I need to get a dyno tune. I love it so far, the real test will be the strip.

One of my co workers just picked up an 88 LX roller. We got a complete 93 5.0 HO with 18 k on it and he got a rebuilt T5. I will be giving him a hand on that and my other buddy has a 92 LX that needs a hand. As soon as the decent weather hits I'm hitting the strip.

I'm pretty pumped up for this spring/summer
Don't want her to call the cops lol I hear there real pricks up north lol

.

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
faym 08 is offline  
post #551 of 554 Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Haha thanks FAYM
foxfive is offline  
post #552 of 554 Old June 12th, 2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
It's been a while and I have made some changes to the car. I will post pics soon. I made an appointment to have it dyno tuned at Performance Dyno in Loudon. Pete specializes in Foxes. He did two pulls and it made 302rwhp/328rwtq. Pete said it was set up well, idled well, and made good power for a N/A 302. We held off on the tune for now. I am pretty happy with the numbers.
BWAL likes this.
foxfive is offline  
post #553 of 554 Old June 13th, 2017, 08:16 PM
gtscrewd
 
faym 08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 5,228
Blog Entries: 1
                   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
It's been a while and I have made some changes to the car. I will post pics soon. I made an appointment to have it dyno tuned at Performance Dyno in Loudon. Pete specializes in Foxes. He did two pulls and it made 302rwhp/328rwtq. Pete said it was set up well, idled well, and made good power for a N/A 302. We held off on the tune for now. I am pretty happy with the numbers.
Pete tuned my car you will be very happy !
foxfive likes this.

.

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
faym 08 is offline  
post #554 of 554 Old June 13th, 2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
He said if I put a Vortech on it 450hp no problem. He's got a new dyno set up and dyno room, very nice.
foxfive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome