Tips to deal with UPS major screw up - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Tips to deal with UPS major screw up

I will try to make this a short as possible. I bought a 6 month old KenneBell 2.1 Intercooled for a 02 GT for $3,200.00. The guy takes it to the UPS store and gives it to them to pack and ship and he tells them it needs to be bulletproof packing and he insures it for $3,000.00

I get the package and open and unwrap and the pulley on the SC is bent and the impellers mont make a complete revolution without hitting something and stopping.

The packing was horiable. SC was bubblewrape and put in a extra large box with packing peanuts only and weighted 75lbs. If they would have put it in a smaller box it would have been easier to handle the also had a sticker on the box showing a dolly but driver didn't use dolly.

So now I'm going to have to spend a extra $2,000. to replace with a new one. To seller said he was going to refund me when he gets home from out of town today so I don't think thats going to be a issue.

UPS is to call Monday to have someone to look at it. I had a sillilar issue years ago so from my dealings with UPS the shipper gets the money and they wont even discuss any details with me.

I own the SC untill he I get a refund. I own it and they broke it and as far as im concerned they should pay to rebuild it or buy me a new one. But I'm sure they will do nothing for me. I'm going to be nice untill they tell me they won't do anything for me that I'm going to raise hell.

Anyone know how to get this resolved in my favor so I'm not screwed and have to spend another $2,000. to get another SC.

Extra large box.

packing material.

Major Problem

I did manage to get the pully off and their is internal damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 09:58 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

oh that sucks man. keep on them.

Procharged 2000 5 Speed BAB GT, built motor, blower cams, 10 lbs, lee blankenship tune 430/405

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
post #3 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 10:55 AM
The Boss is in

damn! I have no tips, but I really feel sorry for this situation. Damn that sucks, keep on UPS. It is partially the sellers fault but if UPS would have handled it more carefully that wouldnt have happened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Regular

He paid UPS to pack. So I don't think he will have a problem collecting the insurance. It's just I think I'm screwed on a good deal.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Seller issued me full refund. I don't really have any major gripes or problems with him except he could have packed it himself.
My gripe is UPS's screwup is going to cost me $2,000 more to buy a new one. My feelings are they need to get me a new one or rebuild what I have. And I give the seller back the money. As far as they know I'm out $3,200.
post #5 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Still slow.

UPS is completely useless, I prefer to ship with anyone but UPS.
post #6 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Exhaust fume addict

Yeah when we ship radiators we send it any way but ups, they always damage them

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure mach! View Post
That went from majestic speech to surprise buttsex really quickly
post #7 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Maybe they should change the name of their company to Fuck UPS

post #8 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

The box doesn't look too beat up. Usually when parts get to my door the box looks like its was beat with baseball bats.

2003 DSG GT COUPE / 5 Speed/Bolt ons/Exhaust/Corbeau/FR500/Canton/MM coilovers/H&R SS/Mach 1 Delete/SSBC Big Bite Rotors/ MMR RS Delete/MM CC plates/UDP
post #9 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Not a Rational Car Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Maybe they should change the name of their company to Fuck UPS
I lol'd

But really

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
post #10 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
The Boss is in

So the seller is out 3200 bucks and a supercharger lol. That sucks for him too, everyone got fucked in in this deal.
post #11 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
So the seller is out 3200 bucks and a supercharger lol. That sucks for him too, everyone got fucked in in this deal.
The seller insured in for 3k. So he will take a slight hit.

They had one job...

2003 DSG GT COUPE / 5 Speed/Bolt ons/Exhaust/Corbeau/FR500/Canton/MM coilovers/H&R SS/Mach 1 Delete/SSBC Big Bite Rotors/ MMR RS Delete/MM CC plates/UDP
post #12 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM
The Boss is in

Oh I know. But he's gotta wait to get his money. Its an all around bad deal. Its pretty good of him to reimburse you though. At least he sounds like a good guy. Some sellers would have just said to deal with it through UPS
post #13 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 04:37 PM
MM Fanatic

How much internal damage? You might have saved yourself some more money if you're able to send it in to KB for a rebuild (if they even do them). The only way you can really send stuff via UPS is if you spend $50 on bubble wrap, and wrap it so tight that you can drop it off a 10 story building.

And even then somehow they fuck it up sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
That's why we give cars female names, because we enjoy shaving their parts.

post #14 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Behold the black horse...

I'm confused. The seller gave you a refund, did you give him back his supercharger? He paid you back your money, UPS will pay him 3k but he still is out a supercharger right? Are you going to send it back with UPS? LOL. Seems to me UPS needs to reimburse the buyer, not the seller. What if the guy just kept your money and the insurance money?

Premium, Electronics Pkg, 20" Shelby Razors/Nitto NT555, MGW Short Throw, Shelby LCAs, Shelby Coil Covers, GT500 Quad Tip Muffler Delete, Moroso Separator, MSD 2-Step, JPC Linelock, Raxiom Halo Fogs, MMD Hood Struts, BBR Antenna
post #15 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
The seller insured in for 3k. So he will take a slight hit.

They had one job...
Seller gave my money back. He is expecting the SC back if UPS dosen't snag it. So if he gets it back he's ahead of the game.
post #16 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Behold the black horse...

I see but man...you are lucky he gave you your money back! Like I said UPS should deal with the guy with the broken product, not the guy who already got paid!

Premium, Electronics Pkg, 20" Shelby Razors/Nitto NT555, MGW Short Throw, Shelby LCAs, Shelby Coil Covers, GT500 Quad Tip Muffler Delete, Moroso Separator, MSD 2-Step, JPC Linelock, Raxiom Halo Fogs, MMD Hood Struts, BBR Antenna
post #17 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:14 PM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack2013 View Post
I see but man...you are lucky he gave you your money back! Like I said UPS should deal with the guy with the broken product, not the guy who already got paid!
Exactly what I was thinking.
post #18 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack2013 View Post
I'm confused. The seller gave you a refund, did you give him back his supercharger? He paid you back your money, UPS will pay him 3k but he still is out a supercharger right? Are you going to send it back with UPS? LOL. Seems to me UPS needs to reimburse the buyer, not the seller. What if the guy just kept your money and the insurance money?
He gave me a refund. I guess because he kniows he getting $3,000 from UPS. I paid with Paypal so I'm sure if I had to fight it I would get my money back anyways.Like I said I have no beef with him.

I just recieved it Thursday so no I havent sent it back yet.

I don't know how UPS will handle it I would assume they would take the SC but don't know.

I'm going to approach UPS as they broke it and need to make it right by me. Yea they are screwed up that they don't take care of the buyer.
post #19 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:28 PM
Regular

Was the box not completely stuffed/back-filled with peanuts? I guess I'm missing something with respect to how the damage happened. The box looks a little beat, but not bad bad enough to screw-up the pulley spindle that badly. Is there a impression on the inside of the box from the pulley smashing/smushing the cardboard when UPS dropped the box?

I'd take the refund, return it to the seller and try and work some type of deal with him after he gets refunded. Problem is though, if he cannot show proof of purchase, or his purchase price is below insurance price, he's gonna have fun. (I went through something similar to this with Fedex.)

Make sure you get the refund from him though before you return it. I got eff'd by a deadbeat seller on the SVT forum because UPS refunds the shipper, not the ship-ee. (masonracin')

Edit: Also, I dont think he'll come out ahead for the insurance value vs. what he sold it for. When Fedex dropped my coil-overs/dominated them with a pallet jack, I got what I sold them for; not what I bought them for/MSRP. I brought up the fact the only way I could replace them was to buy new; thus the MSRP amount of insurance. I was told to pound dirt after talking with the claims manager for several weeks.

Last edited by GidEup; March 31st, 2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: because
post #20 of 34 Old March 31st, 2013, 05:42 PM
The Boss is in

I was thinking the same thing. With the box being so big it would have to be practically destroyed or at least show way more damage than that in order to take a hit hard enough to bend the spindle. I would imagine it takes quit an impact to bend that. Like dropped off a 10 foot roof impact. I wonder if it was bent before you got it........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page