MM Golf Thread - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 80 Old June 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 310
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
My tools of doom:
Bridgestone J36 Black edition



They're like butter. :

I need to be more irresponsible and say forget work. Work has been keeping me way too busy.

Last edited by GidEup; June 16th, 2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: racecar!
GidEup is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 80 Old June 16th, 2013, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
The Stig
 
LS1-THIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 899
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
This is a guy I went to school with. He's a really great guy. I love it.

Y! SPORTS

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I saw that shot. Never seen anything so lucky! Good for him, though. I'm sure he's gonna get a lot in prizes/money for that shot

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST
LS1-THIS is offline  
post #63 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: st.louis mo
Posts: 1,090
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
played today and only got in 14 holes, the rest are recovering from the flooding. i was -1 through 7 holes and then had a 2 bogies and a double. made one more birdie and shot even par the rest of the way to finish +2 i was pretty pleased but i left 3 birdie putts a few inches short and that really bugs the crap outta me

here's me sticks

Driver Cleveland Launcher TL-310 10.5 degree Miyazaki stiff
3Wood Cleveland launcher FL-3W 15.0 degree Miyazaki stiff
Hybrids Ping I20 20 and 23 degree Project X 6.0 stiff
Irons Mizuno Mp-53 5-PW Dynamic Gold stiff
Wedges Cleveland CG-14's 50,56,60 degree Dynamic Gold stiff
Putter Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie
Balls Titleist prov1





im a bit of a club ho so this setup can change at any time. this is my second driver/3wood combo and third hybrid combo since last summer

Airaid CAI - Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - Bassani Axlebacks - BBK Longtubes o/r x

Last edited by butters; June 18th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
butters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: st.louis mo
Posts: 1,090
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
[quote=2002TBGT;5361982]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie06 View Post
What is your price range? Both of those are Wilsons which aren't the best but are better than nothing. You can also go to Sports Authority or target and get a brand new set of Wilsons or Ram (another off brand) for like $120-$150 Also if you do go with one of those make sure you find out what the shaft flex is cause you don't want to end up with a senior or regular flex.[COLOR="Silver"]



I really don't want to spend more than 100$ right now. The clubs in the second link have been sold and I got a text back from the guy in the first link but he hasn't answered my question about what clubs are in the set. btw, a regular shaft might be what you want. unless you have a high swing speed a stiff shaft will hurt you. i would go to a golf shop and get fitted for a set and tell them you will come back later to buy them. then just find a used set with the same specs

How do you find out what kind of shaft it is? And why don't i want to end up with those? haha sorry I golf pretty often but i'm not up to speed on all the terms
i would not bother with wilsons unless they are wilson staffs. any others are just horrible. i have a set of king cobras id be willing to sell. they are not new but still have plenty left in the tank. ill post pictures tomorow after i clean them up.

the rocketblade irons are great for people wanting more distance. the thing is your 7iron is really a 6iron. its not the club thats long, its the loft. i hit them and thought they were nice but i personally prefer a forged set or irons. they are not as long or as forgiving but thats why i like them. the club lets you know if you hit a bad shot and rewards you big time if you flush one

Airaid CAI - Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - Bassani Axlebacks - BBK Longtubes o/r x
butters is offline  
post #65 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,750
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Went and hit some for the first time in over 3 years Saturday and I am still sore.
BA Mustang is online now  
post #66 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cocoa beach fl
Posts: 1,080
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
played today and only got in 14 holes, the rest are recovering from the flooding. i was -1 through 7 holes and then had a 2 bogies and a double. made one more birdie and shot even par the rest of the way to finish +2 i was pretty pleased but i left 3 birdie putts a few inches short and that really bugs the crap outta me
Never Leave a birdie putt short!!! lol


Went out and played 18 with my dad this weekend, really need to work on my putting. Missed atleast 3 or 4 biridie putts and another 4 or 5 par putts.

The thing that bothers me the most is definitely 3 putting, especially when you 3 put a par 3 for a bogie after getting it on in 1. lol



TRUE BLUE CREW MEMBER #8

Always Clean Crew

Dyno Tuned: 269 HP 307 TQ
Check Garage for mods


Check out my slow build/progression thread!
2002TBGT is offline  
post #67 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Any 3-putt bogie sucks, I used to spend a lot of time on my short game. That is where it is at. 75% of your shots are next to or on the green. Improvement there is going to dramatically lower your score. Too much emphasis is placed on going to the range, why spend so much of your time practicing 25% of your game?


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #68 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I'm Learning Drugs ΔΧ
 
carney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Posts: 5,214
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Played 9 this weekend, got stuck behind a foursome that was playing slower than dirt. Wasn't able to get into a groove and was 2 and 3 putting a bunch of bogies and doubles. Really couldn't get anything to sink except for this par 3(below), which i used an 8 iron to drop it less than a foot from the tee for a birdie.


2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang 3.8-totaled
2003 InfraRed Ford Focus SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
No, but mine has a giant rubber cock on it
carney is offline  
post #69 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by carney View Post
Played 9 this weekend, got stuck behind a foursome that was playing slower than dirt. Wasn't able to get into a groove and was 2 and 3 putting a bunch of bogies and doubles. Really couldn't get anything to sink except for this par 3(below), which i used an 8 iron to drop it less than a foot from the tee for a birdie.


What are all those green things sticking up out of the ground? I don't have those at the course I play. Looks like they would just get in the way.


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #70 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: st.louis mo
Posts: 1,090
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
course looks pretty nice!

Airaid CAI - Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - Bassani Axlebacks - BBK Longtubes o/r x
butters is offline  
post #71 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
RAGEman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: La Porte, Texas
Posts: 1,619
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
This is a guy I went to school with. He's a really great guy. I love it.

Y! SPORTS

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So your from Baytown? Me too....Highlands actually...small world.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Supercharged
RAGEman is offline  
post #72 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Premium Member
 
narleycarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 5,519
           
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGEman View Post
So your from Baytown? Me too....Highlands actually...small world.
Yup

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App




Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Foxbodies > all


narleycarley is offline  
post #73 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I'm Learning Drugs ΔΧ
 
carney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Posts: 5,214
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
What are all those green things sticking up out of the ground? I don't have those at the course I play. Looks like they would just get in the way.
It was a marsh, there was a 20ft drop from the teebox to the green

2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang 3.8-totaled
2003 InfraRed Ford Focus SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
No, but mine has a giant rubber cock on it
carney is offline  
post #74 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Regular
 
Charlie06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 445
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by carney View Post
It was a marsh, there was a 20ft drop from the teebox to the green
I could be wrong but I think that he was being sarcastic referring to the trees since he is used to playing desert golf.
Charlie06 is offline  
post #75 of 80 Old June 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I'm Learning Drugs ΔΧ
 
carney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Posts: 5,214
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie06 View Post
I could be wrong but I think that he was being sarcastic referring to the trees since he is used to playing desert golf.
oh wow I so did not pick up on that one

2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang 3.8-totaled
2003 InfraRed Ford Focus SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
No, but mine has a giant rubber cock on it
carney is offline  
post #76 of 80 Old June 18th, 2013, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
The Stig
 
LS1-THIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 899
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
[quote=butters;5392056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002TBGT View Post

i would not bother with wilsons unless they are wilson staffs. any others are just horrible. i have a set of king cobras id be willing to sell. they are not new but still have plenty left in the tank. ill post pictures tomorow after i clean them up.

the rocketblade irons are great for people wanting more distance. the thing is your 7iron is really a 6iron. its not the club thats long, its the loft. i hit them and thought they were nice but i personally prefer a forged set or irons. they are not as long or as forgiving but thats why i like them. the club lets you know if you hit a bad shot and rewards you big time if you flush one
Yeah, my irons are REALLY long when I make solid contact. I've blown my 7 iron well over the green on a couple of occasions. Other than that, they have been FANTASTIC clubs so far. I love them. I am not quite good enough for forged irons yet, in a couple of years when I have my game down a little better and start learning to shape shots I'll buy a new set. For now I'm happy with what I have

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST
LS1-THIS is offline  
post #77 of 80 Old June 18th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: st.louis mo
Posts: 1,090
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
here is the older set i have, oversized cobra ss with regular shafts. you can get a set like this for well under $100 yeah they might be 10 years old but they are cast so they will last forever. all you need to do is have them re-gripped and the grooves deepened. look on craigslist or ebay for something close to these. if you were closer id prolly give them to you.







---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

[quote=LS1-THIS;5393407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post

Yeah, my irons are REALLY long when I make solid contact. I've blown my 7 iron well over the green on a couple of occasions. Other than that, they have been FANTASTIC clubs so far. I love them. I am not quite good enough for forged irons yet, in a couple of years when I have my game down a little better and start learning to shape shots I'll buy a new set. For now I'm happy with what I have
they are nice, no doubt

Airaid CAI - Bama 93 Hybrid Tune - Bassani Axlebacks - BBK Longtubes o/r x
butters is offline  
post #78 of 80 Old June 28th, 2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
The Stig
 
LS1-THIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 899
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Figured I would revive this thread. I have been battling a MEAN slice. And by mean like ball in opposite fairway almost every time I take out the driver. Well today I went to the range and was blasting the ball long and straight. Funny thing is, I adjusted the weights in my driver to set it up for a "fade" and it took away the slice

I also started teeing the ball up higher which seems to be helping. The guy at Dick's told me to tee it up low(since I'm using a 9.5* loft) but today I tried teeing it up so the bottom of the ball was at the top of my driver and I was hitting the fence(275 yards out) in the air--and that's with range balls! Can't wait until I have the time to get out and play a full round now!

Next on the docket is getting those under 100yd shots down. Once I do that I should see some really good improvements in my scores.

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST
LS1-THIS is offline  
post #79 of 80 Old July 27th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Regular
 
Charlie06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 445
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Finally got to play a couple of rounds this week. Shot a 77 and an 81. With all the rain we have been getting and my work schedule it has been tough to get out.

I will post some pics of what we have been doing when I get a chance.
Charlie06 is offline  
post #80 of 80 Old July 27th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Anandavenkatakrishnan
 
dsgpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 21,385
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Got a Ping driver. Hopefully can wack that sucker tommorow if the rain clouds take a hike.

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
dsgpony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome