Need (SC) LEO advice-Reckless Driving Ticket - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered Rainbow Troll
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 746
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Need (SC) LEO advice-Reckless Driving Ticket

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get some input here. Earlier today, I was leaving a parking lot for a gas station and lost traction. There was a heavy downpour of rain, and the road in that area is sloped downward. When I shifted into second, the rear end lost traction and I got pretty sideways. I've had it happen before, so I stayed calm and kept it on the road and in my lane. I pulled onto an interstate on-ramp, and proceeded to head to my destination. A minute or two later, he comes FLYING up on me with his lights on. By this time, I was out of town limits, and was in a different county all together. I pulled right over, and he walked up to me and says "Do you know why I pulled you over?". I responded "I have a pretty good idea why, sir". He continues "How old are you?", I respond "17". He immedietly freaks out "You realize I can take you to jail for that. Who were you trying to show out for?". "No one, I lost traction due to the rain". He continues with the "I can take you to jail for reckless driving, WHO were you showing out for?!?". Long story short, he takes my info, and goes back to the car. He comes back with a 6 point ticket for $445 and threatens to take me to jail if he ever catches me doing anything wrong ever again.

The cops in my town are ROUGH, and very little people show any respect towards them. The town usually has to clean house (station?) every few years due to the shear corruption. I remained respectful to the officer the entire time- he was doing his job, I suppose. Anyway, I just want to know if anything I posted in the above might be any viable form of defense when I have to go to court for this.

Thank you in advance guys,
Dave


66 Coupe- 5.0 EFI, T5, 8.8, 4-wheel-discs, blahblahblah

Carolina Crew #82
tiger1dd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
 
mr.burton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,481
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
I got 4.30's and Nitto 555's and even in 4 inches of snow I can maintain a straight line and chill with my right foot.

It's time to pay the price man.

mr.burton is offline  
post #3 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
'Murica
 
jdmpwr07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,545
             
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Lawyer up and fight it. That's the best advice I can give.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
jdmpwr07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,780
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Sounds like a dick move on his part.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #5 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
I got 4.30's and Nitto 555's and even in 4 inches of snow I can maintain a straight line and chill with my right foot.

It's time to pay the price man.
I agree with you. But- 6 points and $445 dollars is insanity for getting sideways in some rain. I do agree a man should take his lumps if he's caught messing around... but the penalties for these things are becoming more and more insane. I feel like 6 points and $445 is waayy overboard for playing around a tad in the rain, intended or not. (but you and I know it was intended lal )


Son, if I were you I would be following the other advice given in this thread and lawyer up if you can afford it. Most areas have an ex-cops type of service that specializes in this sort of thing.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #6 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Registered Rainbow Troll
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 746
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
It is what it is. This was in my Dad's 07 GT. I had walked through the rain to the car at the gas station, and I'm assuming my foot just slipped off the clutch because of that. I really don't know for sure, it just happened really quick and I just remember countersteering and getting off the gas.


66 Coupe- 5.0 EFI, T5, 8.8, 4-wheel-discs, blahblahblah

Carolina Crew #82
tiger1dd is offline  
post #7 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
How and the hell can you move in that Burton? I had stock gearing in my 03 GT with just directional summer tires in the rear and my car would not move a single inch in any amount of snow. I backed it out of the garage during winter just to turn it around and put it back in so I could work on the suspension and it would literally not move a single inch once it was out the door. I had to have help pushing it back in.
8t6gt is offline  
post #8 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,780
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Trig View Post
How and the hell can you move in that Burton? I had stock gearing in my 03 GT with just directional summer tires in the rear and my car would not move a single inch in any amount of snow. I backed it out of the garage during winter just to turn it around and put it back in so I could work on the suspension and it would literally not move a single inch once it was out the door. I had to have help pushing it back in.
I tried it once with my 03. I made about a 1/4 mile before i slid sideways about 20 feet. Turned around and stayed home. And that was only with about 1/2" of snow.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #9 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Mine was literally no snow. It was that really hard packed snow that is just like cement after you plow the drive way.
8t6gt is offline  
post #10 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Hellstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,857
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Ice??
Hellstorm is offline  
post #11 of 50 Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
 
1RápidoZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14,391
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I agree with you. But- 6 points and $445 dollars is insanity for getting sideways in some rain. I do agree a man should take his lumps if he's caught messing around... but the penalties for these things are becoming more and more insane. I feel like 6 points and $445 is waayy overboard for playing around a tad in the rain, intended or not. (but you and I know it was intended lal )


Son, if I were you I would be following the other advice given in this thread and lawyer up if you can afford it. Most areas have an ex-cops type of service that specializes in this sort of thing.
I was just talking with a friend over the weekend as we were stopping through a small mountain town on our way out for the afternoon. Its gotten so bad I really do feel sorry for SOME of these cases where someone just needs a break and instead are made an example of. I know I got more breaks from local officers growing up than I deserved because they wrote it off as me being a kid and let me use it as a learning experience rather than trying to scare me straight with fines and over reactions.

I agree about lawyering up. If you can't afford one talk to a public defender... Worst case scenario is they downgrade it, you get a fine, and less points and best case scenario is getting into a pretrial deferral program where you just keep your nose clean for 6 months and its wiped out.
1RápidoZorro is offline  
post #12 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FF View Post
I was just talking with a friend over the weekend as we were stopping through a small mountain town on our way out for the afternoon. Its gotten so bad I really do feel sorry for SOME of these cases where someone just needs a break and instead are made an example of. I know I got more breaks from local officers growing up than I deserved because they wrote it off as me being a kid and let me use it as a learning experience rather than trying to scare me straight with fines and over reactions.

I agree about lawyering up. If you can't afford one talk to a public defender... Worst case scenario is they downgrade it, you get a fine, and less points and best case scenario is getting into a pretrial deferral program where you just keep your nose clean for 6 months and its wiped out.
It's insane, John. Remember that $100 'excessive noise' ticket I got last summer... for chirping the tires on a 1-2 shift. Not blasting it sideways- a somewhat hard shift that just barely chirped the tires. And he was giving me a BREAK: He could have impounded my car for a week, and gave me a similar fine to what this young man here received, because chirping my tires now falls under a new law called 'Stunting', which encompasses so many different things it's both ridiculous and frightening.

Man, I'm all about there being laws and tickets that keep people honest and thus keep the roads safe. But really? SIX fucking points for this? $445 ?!?!!1white_fang!?!

Yes. It's white_fang stupid. I went there.

That's not about keeping people honest and such. It's fucking rape, and turns law enforcement into coffer lining.

Sadly, on top of this ridiculousness, too many people take their frustrations out on the cops, forgetting that the cops don't make the laws. Yes, some cops are way more pricky than others, but people need to direct their frustrations to a higher place than the LEO doing what he was told to do.

So. We go from a little ticket that keeps people on their toes, to pissing people off and turning them even more against cops and rules in society.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #13 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
MM Fanatic
 
bigjohnstud4200's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The devil's toe nail, AZ
Posts: 4,709
         
iTrader: 1 reviews
I would lawyer up also. My guess is it will cost you at least the cost of the ticket, but will safe you a TON in insurance. I got a ticket for speeding 8 over. I hadn't had a ticket in 10 years and I first thought, my time is worth more than driving school so I will just pay the ticket and not waste 8hrs at a driving school. I called my insurance company and asked them how much my insurance would go up costing me $3000 over 3 months! RIDIC! I can only imagine how your insurance is going to sky rocket at your age if you get a criminal driving conviction.

Tuned by [email protected]

CMS Stage 1 Cams, 4.10 Gears, TrickFlow 70mm TB & Plenum, MAC Prochamber with Pypes M80's, MGW Shifter, Custom Paint, Cobra Cloth Top, Staggered Chrome 18" Saleen's and Sequential Tails.
bigjohnstud4200 is offline  
post #14 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
That sucks man. Hopefully you can get a lawyer or talk to the judge or something and get the ticket reduced. Sometimes odd things happen. I can hardly get my car to spin when I want to above 1st gear even in rain, but one day my car kicked out sideways in a turn when I gave it some gas in 2nd. Caught me by surprise because it had never done it before and hasn't since. But it would have looked intentional if a cop saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #15 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Manthusiast
 
Alente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 2,806
     
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Now this is bullshit, anyone who's drove a mustang knows damn well these things suck stock in bad rain.Especially out of a gas station where the cars have let shit settle on the tires.
My mustang got sideways on the highway because of the rain and it got totaled by a semi. Was listed as no fault due to weather.

1996 Laser Red Mustang GT-Totaled October 2,2012
2000 Dark Blue Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC
2002 Honda F4i Black/Red
2000 Yamaha YZF-600R "Thunder Kitty"
2015 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SE
Carolina Crew #53
Alente is offline  
post #16 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
 
mr.burton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,481
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Trig View Post
How and the hell can you move in that Burton? I had stock gearing in my 03 GT with just directional summer tires in the rear and my car would not move a single inch in any amount of snow. I backed it out of the garage during winter just to turn it around and put it back in so I could work on the suspension and it would literally not move a single inch once it was out the door. I had to have help pushing it back in.
It really wasn't that bad. I DD my car and drove it all through the winter. You HAVE TO take routes where you know there's very little traffic so you don't stop. Sure I got stuck a couple times, but be smart if you get stuck. I would carry a small shovel and remove snow from all four areas around the tires...and rock it back and fourth and get out.

Anyone complaining about driving in the RAIN? Come on now. I drove through Hurrricane Sandy with no issues. Just go slow and use your head.

What I really think is that I got used to "baby'ing" my car because there are Police everywhere you look in my area.......so throttle control is EVERYTHING.

mr.burton is offline  
post #17 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
MM Fanatic
 
slikirish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 3,419
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.burton View Post
It really wasn't that bad. I DD my car and drove it all through the winter. You HAVE TO take routes where you know there's very little traffic so you don't stop. Sure I got stuck a couple times, but be smart if you get stuck. I would carry a small shovel and remove snow from all four areas around the tires...and rock it back and fourth and get out.

Anyone complaining about driving in the RAIN? Come on now. I drove through Hurrricane Sandy with no issues. Just go slow and use your head.

What I really think is that I got used to "baby'ing" my car because there are Police everywhere you look in my area.......so throttle control is EVERYTHING.
+1

Drove my mustang through multiple winters and am doing the same with G8. All about throttle control and smooth inputs to steering, clutch, gas, brakes. Any car can and will go through snow and rain just as any car can and will crash and burn in the snow and rain. It's all about the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
Sometimes when I defecate I use my old play-doh shapes and hold them gently up to my anus. I make poo shapes and present them to my friends and close family.
slikirish is offline  
post #18 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,780
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnstud4200 View Post
I would lawyer up also. My guess is it will cost you at least the cost of the ticket, but will safe you a TON in insurance. I got a ticket for speeding 8 over. I hadn't had a ticket in 10 years and I first thought, my time is worth more than driving school so I will just pay the ticket and not waste 8hrs at a driving school. I called my insurance company and asked them how much my insurance would go up costing me $3000 over 3 months! RIDIC! I can only imagine how your insurance is going to sky rocket at your age if you get a criminal driving conviction.
Only a 4 hour course here. Only know because my sister got a ticket for 24 over and just went to driving school instead of paying for the ticket.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #19 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,624
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Either it was done intentionally and you got caught screwing around or you should not have been driving if you don't have the ability to control the car with the road conditions present. It is the driver's responsibility to maintain control of the car and drive at a safe speed and manner. Not dogging you bro, believe me I have had more exhibition of speed and reckless driving tickets than your average bear. Even once led the cops on a 12 mile chase and got cuffed and stuffed. If you lawyer up and plead your case with the DA you might be able to opt for a lesser infraction with less points. Done that a few times too.


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #20 of 50 Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
procharged gt
 
gifted01gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dillon SC
Posts: 562
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I have had my share of tickets in SC. 17 of them speeding violations. You could lawyer up and spend more money or . You could see if the town has what must other ones do. It's called careless operation of a motor vehicle. This is a city ordinance violation which means no points just a fine. See if they will let you plead to this. It's normally about $300.


procharger p1sc, p51 intake, 3 core intercooler, 9psi, cobra fuel tank with cobra pumps and bap, sportline springs, tokico blue shock/struts, lunar gauges, hp 292 cams,sct tune by FastlaneMotorsports. 471rwhp 414 tq.
gifted01gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/304497-need-sc-leo-advice-reckless-driving-ticket.html
Posted By For Type Date
lawyer advice - Page 2 | BoardReader This thread Refback July 24th, 2013 01:18 AM
Need (SC) LEO advice-Reckless Driving Ticket This thread Refback June 3rd, 2013 09:26 AM
Need (SC) LEO advice-Reckless Driving Ticket This thread Refback June 2nd, 2013 11:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome