Sct on windows 8 problem,solution - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

Sct on windows 8 problem,solution

I just got a touchscreen laptop with windows 8. I tried to datalog and it wouldnt allow my device to connect so I started searching and this is what you do: download the latest sct device updater. Plug in your tuner if it still says,"device communication failed" than go to search and type in"DEVMGMT.MSC" you will click on the icon and a screen with alot of folders will appear. Look for the SCT icon and underneath will appear a folder with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, click on it. Than it will ask you if you want to successfully install the SCT DEVICE drivers, you will click yes. Then click on the option for the computer to automatically find the right drivers. Than it will only take a matter of seconds for the drivers to install. When it prompts that the SCT device drivers were succesfully installed close the page and open the sct device updater and connect your tuner and click "check for automatic updates" and it should all be up to par.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 01:06 AM
MM's V6 Hater

Fuck windows 8

2013 GT
2016 F150
post #3 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 02:08 AM
R.A.D

^ Fucking can't stand windows 8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Anandavenkatakrishnan

I hate it so much that my computer came with it and then I installed windows 7 on it. I'd rather use MS-DOS than windows 8.

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
post #5 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 02:17 AM
R.A.D

I rather use 98
post #6 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabikejumper View Post
Fuck windows 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavier247 View Post
^ Fucking can't stand windows 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
I hate it so much that my computer came with it and then I installed windows 7 on it. I'd rather use MS-DOS than windows 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavier247 View Post
I rather use 98
Well I don't care if you guys hate it,i hate it too but guess what, that other shit we're running on computers is going to get outdated and we're going to get left behind. Plus it's not like the thread was just for you guys, it's for the ones that want to update their tuner and have widows 8. But I hate it as well trust me! Once you get used to it it's actually pretty cool though, could be better...but it's still cool

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
post #7 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 01:15 PM
The Aviator

Agreed.. I hated Win 8 at first, but have grown to like it.

Once you learn/understand/actually use it, you'll grow more fond of it.

Until then....Rage on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #8 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
MM Fanatic

Cant you still upgrade to windows 7 for free? I highly doubt were "going to get left behind" by not embracing the trashdump that is windows 8, just like nobody liked Vista because it was a POS as well, then we got windows 7 and all was well again. Every other windows OS sucks, therefor windows 9 or whatever it is will be good.
post #9 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to smilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenShift View Post
Cant you still upgrade to windows 7 for free? I highly doubt were "going to get left behind" by not embracing the trashdump that is windows 8, just like nobody liked Vista because it was a POS as well, then we got windows 7 and all was well again. Every other windows OS sucks, therefor windows 9 or whatever it is will be good.
Since forever its been like that. Every other one is great. I haven't messed around on windows 8 yet though, I might end up liking it. And regardless thanks for the thread it could be very helpful to those already stuck with windows 8 needing help.

Unkillable
1994 Black GT
2001 Honda shadow
post #10 of 21 Old June 11th, 2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenShift View Post
You mean downgrade?
I have a laptop with windows 7 its the same as vista to me.
I love vista though

post #11 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 07:11 AM
MM's V6 Hater

Quote:
I contacted Microsoft and bitched about it so much they gave me a free copy of windows 7.

I can use my terabyte hard drive for 15 seconds on 8. And plug it into windows 7 computer and it'll play perfectly. Nothing works on 8 and its a useless program. I can barely use the Internet on it. Tabs keep popping up on the sides and pisses me off.

2013 GT
2016 F150
post #12 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Like A Boss

Quote:
I'd rather use vista. Or windows 95.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #13 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 cristian View Post
You mean downgrade?
I have a laptop with windows 7 its the same as vista to me.
I love vista though

Nope I definitely meant upgrade haha my father got a windows 8 and I used it for a few hours and it was just a pain in the ass. I went and downloaded the classic shell and got the start menu back at least and made it much more useful
post #14 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Needs moar meat

Garage
Ugh, don't get me started on Win 8... If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Windows 8, Hitler, and Osama, I'd shoot Windows 8 twice...

Went to install Win 7 on my sisters laptop that came with Win 8 and the damn thing wouldn't let me. Something about the way Win 8 is coded or something?

'03 Sixxer - RIP
'02 GT Premium - Here come the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
SEND THE COPS! THE FAT ONE IS TRYING TO EAT THE LITTLE ONE!
post #15 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake556 View Post
Ugh, don't get me started on Win 8... If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Windows 8, Hitler, and Osama, I'd shoot Windows 8 twice...

Went to install Win 7 on my sisters laptop that came with Win 8 and the damn thing wouldn't let me. Something about the way Win 8 is coded or something?
I don't see whats wrong with it

post #16 of 21 Old June 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:

Reformat. Install ubuntu.
Money.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #17 of 21 Old August 9th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Cristian, your the man. Worked the first time I tried it, thank you so much! Yes, fuck windows 8 also. Windows XP forever!!!!
post #18 of 21 Old August 9th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fox2102 Send a message via MSN to Fox2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
Reformat. Install ubuntu.
Money.

Ubuntu is great. I use it on my laptop. I have windows 7 at work and windows 8 on my desktop. I haven't had any problems out of 8.
post #19 of 21 Old August 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
impecunious

Quote:

Problem is manufacturers are setting up their bios (basic input/output system, the motherboards system Independent of the OS) to be more streamlined with w8 for faster boot times. In fact, when you shut down w8, it doesn't really shut down. It goes into a form of hibernation.

Trick to getting win7 on them is to force shut down w8(hold the power button until it turns off, or yank the battery/cord) (this is important so that w8 shuts all the way down, not hibernate, allowing you access to bios on start up). When you start the computer and the bios screen pops up(screen with manufacturer logo) start hitting f2(its almost always f2, but may vary based on the manufacturer). This should load it into bios. First things first is on the main screen or first tab, check to make sure there isn't a "secure boot" option. If there is, change it to disabled. This may also be under the bios "system configuration" or "system security" tab, again, all dependent of the manufacturer. Next, head over to the Boot Order or Boot configuration tab and change any option you see set as "UEFI" to either "Legacy", "UEFI or Legacy", or "auto" (preferred). While in there, you may as well go ahead and change the primary boot device to whatever media you're trying to install w7 from, whether it be flash drive or cd. You should now be able to install w7 without a hitch.

Tl/dr, w8 is unnecessarily complicated.

I like it to use, hate it to work on/fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
post #20 of 21 Old August 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioralumni08 View Post
Cristian, your the man. Worked the first time I tried it, thank you so much! Yes, fuck windows 8 also. Windows XP forever!!!!
Not saying that your not legit, but you joined 3 years ago and this is your first post? Lol wut

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page