Dog walk = E.R. visit - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Too broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydog! View Post
This. Punching that dog in the head wasn't even phasing it - and I was wailing on it. Their heads are solid.
I met a guy with a pit and it was attacking his mastiff. He said he broke a 2x4 over its head and the pit didn't stop! Scary animals! I have small kids and we see one or two pits in the neighborhood. This one guy had a fucking 98% wolf (that's what he told me), and it was huge, now he must got rid of it, i saw him just once, walking the biggest, muscular pit I've every seen this sumner. He was walking it and the dog was staring at my 2yr daughter from across the street. I picked her up and held her. The owner noticed the dog staring and slapped it on its head to knock it off. That size animal could kill my little girl if it wanted to. i don't know what i would do if my kids were attacked, but a .45ACP would be near

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear both the two-legged and four-legged Shelby's are doing good, it sucks that you encountered someone's neglected dogs.

Pitbulls do have the ability to kill, but they should not be punished as a bred because of a humans inability to properly care for them. I've been around many pitbulls and have yet to see one that's aggressive, but then again all the dogs I've ever been around have responsible owners and loving homes.

"Remember, in the end, nobody wins unless everybody wins." ~ Bruce Springsteen
post #103 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Surely you understand the horrific difference here in your correlation.
Zip, I legitimately want to hear your rebuttal to my previous statement.

Quote:
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm Stick View Post
Zip, I legitimately want to hear your rebuttal to my previous statement.

I addressed a lot of this in a previous post.

Comparing a vicious Pitbull to a vicious Border Collie, or vicious any other small breed is silly, Aaron, and you must know why. It's completely irrelevant. The answers are obvious.

Incidentally. This answer doesn't mean I'm inferring that this or any other breed should be killed off. But to deny that these dogs are more problematic when they do attack as compared to most other breeds is to deny truth, and is to deny that a problem exists. Understand? My problem isn't with the breed itself: It's with what they are capable of when they DO attack. These dogs can and do seriously injure, disfigure, and kill people, period. I'm not telling you that it's an epidemic- but that is a fact. You don't hear of Border Collie went rogue killing someone stories, Aaron.

So, while it is true that the owner is everything, to deny that more people mistrain (not a word but I'm going with it and you know what I mean lol), abuse, and flat out don't properly care for and supervise Pitbulls is also to deny truth. That's not even including the maniacs who get them and teach them to be nothing BUT aggressive.

When a border collie attacks you or your child, Aaron, you have a very high chance of defending that attack successfully. You have far less of a chance in getting a Pitbull to let go and stop.

So thus your point that you've seen more aggressive smaller dogs is irrelevant. The damage smaller dogs do when they do attack is WAY less severe than the damage caused by aggressive Pittbulls.

So if you have a highly untrained or God forbid abused Border Collie, what you have is more of a... somewhat dangerous annoyance. Yes, it could still hurt you and cause you to need stitches... but you cannot reply to me in good faith that you don't see more of an issue when you are attacked by a highly untrained and/or abused Pitbull.

Is my answer to kill them off? No. And I don't profess to know what the answers are. But to run around making highly irrelevant correlations is solving nothing and denying truth.

So for me, Aaron, I want nothing to do with the breed. My daughter is grown up now, but when she was a child, I would not let her be around these dogs. I could care less if the dog is well trained- for me it's about the dog's abilities should it go off. If you wish to own one, and train it well, and be responsible- hey all the power to you. We need more people like that, obviously. But the facts are that this breed is constantly bred and trained to be aggressive, and to deny that is to deny the truth. Sadly, not every Pitbull owner is interested in having a loving, well trained, intelligent pet. This is not paranoia, Aaron. It's about absolute fact, and absolute capability of a given breed. When my daughter was young I had no problem with her being in the same room as my mother in law's Bulldog, because I knew I could punt that fucker across the room, and break it's neck if necessary. I'm sure I may get tore up some in the process... but I could quite readily stop that action. And as the post I previously on this made alluded to, I have in fact done so a few times over the years. But I'm not doing that to a Pitbull now, am I? Short of a bullet, and I don't carry weapons around in my life, you're not stopping a Pitbull attack until it decides it's done.

Again: That does not mean I'm in favor of killing the breed off. That is not an acceptable answer for me- I love animals. But to deny these facts exist is silly my man, and frankly is to overlook any possible legitimate answers to address this subject.

People seem to get more up in arms about a breed of dog than they do about the safety of human beings doing nothing more than walking around a neighborhood.

For me, contrary to what a lot of people think, (that whole "dogs are more loyal than humans, their love is unconditional" bullshit) I happen to value human life WAY more than I do ANY breed of dog.

There are levels to everything, Aaron. That doesn't mean I don't value my pet's love. I do. But I've never bought into that silly crap about how dogs are somehow better than people because they love unconditionally. I promise you that you would have a whole different feeling about what love means to you and which one is more important if it was your wife or your child being viciously attacked by a dog capable of killing a fully grown human being.

post #105 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master shit shoveler

Send a message via Yahoo to deedub97GT
First zip i want to say that i agree with you as usual.

But i also want to say i cant believe you are able to take the cahllenge from the rebuttle then in a half hour put this short essay together with good facts and opinions.

you need to be on a debate team or something.

MILITARY CREW GSM2

Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!

Like old harleys? check out my build thread! -->75 rigid iron rebuild

i love throbbing meat
post #106 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedub97GT View Post
First zip i want to say that i agree with you as usual.

But i also want to say i cant believe you are able to take the cahllenge from the rebuttle then in a half hour put this short essay together with good facts and opinions.

you need to be on a debate team or something.
haha

thanks for seeing I'm not in favor of killing the breed off... while I'm an ok debater, sadly I don't know what the answers are to address this particular issue. Way stiffer penalties for starters for people who don't properly care for and train their animals, obviously. Including owners being charged with perhaps homicide or murder 2/3 if your untrained, unsupervised, God forbid abused, Pitbull gets out and kills someone. But people always seem to divide along those extreme "Don't kill the breed off!" and "Kill them all!" lines, but the answers lie somewhere way, WAY in the middle. To be solved by people way smarter than I am. lol

post #107 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Rick, I agree with you 100%. When I was attacked by that border collie, I ended up with 5 or 6 stitches, if I remember correctly. This was 15 years ago, so that number may be off but that is completely irrelevant. Had I be attacked by a larger dog, such as a pit bull, rottweiler, etc., I'm sure I would have needed more than 5 or 6 stitches.

The point of my post was to address the posts about how pits are bred to be vicious killers and people should need special licenses to own certain dogs. I find that completely ridiculous. If you don't like big dogs, don't own one. Simple as that.

It's a shame that enough people have abused and neglected these dogs to the point where people use them for fighting and have given them a bad reputation. It honestly sickens me.

In the end, people are going to have their own opinions and they are entitled to that.

Quote:
Quote:
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

post #108 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Rick, I agree with you 100%. When I was attacked by that border collie, I ended up with 5 or 6 stitches, if I remember correctly. This was 15 years ago, so that number may be off but that is completely irrelevant. Had I be attacked by a larger dog, such as a pit bull, rottweiler, etc., I'm sure I would have needed more than 5 or 6 stitches.

The point of my post was to address the posts about how pits are bred to be vicious killers and people should need special licenses to own certain dogs. I find that completely ridiculous. If you don't like big dogs, don't own one. Simple as that.

It's a shame that enough people have abused and neglected these dogs to the point where people use them for fighting and have given them a bad reputation. It honestly sickens me.

In the end, people are going to have their own opinions and they are entitled to that.

Indeed, Aaron. That I agree with. But are there any legitimate solutions that lie outside the age old 'Kill em all/don't kill em' debate that happens with these stories?

post #109 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Quote:
Indeed, Aaron. That I agree with. But are there any legitimate solutions that lie outside the age old 'Kill em all/don't kill em' debate that happens with these stories?
I honestly don't know. We have to remember that these are wild animals, domesticated or not. All animals are going to have that instinct in the back of their mind.

Personally, I believe if your pet attacks someone and it can be proven that the animal is aggressive due to you mistreating or abusing it, then you shouldn't be allowed to own any more pets.

If an animal is just aggressive, put it down. It pains me to think about putting anyone's pet down but a human life is worth way more than any animal.

Quote:
Quote:

post #110 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
I smell like beef

I think you guys are missing the point. This officer saw them loose again this morning and "could do nothing". That's going to be some newspaper worthy stuff if they attack some other pedestrians dog/kid. At this point it is the owner who should be destroyed. I'd like to blast her name all over facebook....but prolly should just see how the court thing pans out. I just don't see how she could plea not guilty to this whole incident.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #111 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydog! View Post
I think you guys are missing the point. This officer saw them loose again this morning and "could do nothing". That's going to be some newspaper worthy stuff if they attack some other pedestrians dog/kid. At this point it is the owner who should be destroyed. I'd like to blast her name all over facebook....
Why couldn't he do anything? You said they had no tags? I know in my area if a dog is loose without tags, it's getting picked up, no questions asked. I'm not sure of the laws in your area, but to me it sounds like someone didn't feel like doing their job this morning.

Quote:
Quote:

post #112 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Why couldn't he do anything? You said they had no tags? I know in my area if a dog is loose without tags, it's getting picked up, no questions asked. I'm not sure of the laws in your area, but to me it sounds like someone didn't feel like doing their job this morning.
Yeah that's crazy to me. And herein lies exactly what we're talking aboot: why can't there be standardized laws and penalties for things like this at this point? Fuck bylaws that change from area to area and don't really do anything anyways to legitimate assholes who could give a fuck less about proper animal responsibility and care. If your animal gets out and maims/kills someone, or their dog, you're going to jail, the end. We don't need to license specific breeds, we don't need to ban specific breeds, we don't need to kill off specific breeds... we just need laws and consequences for asshole owners. Standardized, the same everywhere.

post #113 of 140 Old August 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
I smell like beef

Quote:
He tried to explain to me that there has to be an additional complaint before he can pick them up. Since my whole matter is still in the "city court system" until the owner pleas to the charges of a vicious dog running loose with no tags, there is nothing that can be done. ANOTHER person has to make a call to animal control. This has got to be the stupidest solution to a potentially dangerous situation ever. Needless to say this is frustrating as crap.
Then if the ho-bag pleads not guilty, I'll have to take time off from work to go to court to get my ER visit, meds, and Shelby's meds paid for. It's not the money, we can afford it, its the principle.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #114 of 140 Old September 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
I smell like beef

update:

We have court this monday. A clerk called me and requested my appearance since the owner has pleaded not guilty. The clerk then informs me that there will be another party with a similar suit joining us! 2 different parties with suits against the owner regarding her mutts - 2!

I almost bet she doesn't show up.

post #115 of 140 Old September 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master shit shoveler

Send a message via Yahoo to deedub97GT
damn it i hope she does and you get to fuck the poor people for what little they are worth and get those dogs out to a new owner who will love them.

MILITARY CREW GSM2

Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!

Like old harleys? check out my build thread! -->75 rigid iron rebuild

i love throbbing meat
post #116 of 140 Old September 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
I smell like beef

TAKE THAT SCUMBAG!!!!!

OK, went to court today. The bitch actually showed up. The second attack party showed up. Apparently the pits attacked this lady's yorkie and it needed several stitches.

She ended up with just shy of $1,000 city in fines, ordered to pay the yorkie ppl's vet bills $250 have to pay our vet bill $75 and whatever cost I incur from the visit to the ER. Not bad. Best part is, the $1000 dollar fine was a reduction from $1900 since she agreed to have the dogs DESTROYED. The animal control officers are picking up the dogs today and putting the needle in them tomorrow. I feel in some strange way gratified. I feel like my wife and myself and the yorkie lady made our neighborhood a little safer.

post #117 of 140 Old September 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Zip's Supervisor

I'm not saying it doesn't need to happen but I cannot fathom how you are so happy that two dogs are being put down.

Quote:
Quote:

post #118 of 140 Old September 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

It's a shame these dogs are being punished because of their owners actions (or lack of).
post #119 of 140 Old September 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Chicken Fucker

In the case of these dog's I believe euthanasia was the right call but like the gay ex-airforce guy said, it's not worth celebrating. I wish they would make it a criminal offense for people with a history such as this to own another dog though. Hit the thundercunt where it hurts and move on.
post #120 of 140 Old September 9th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
It's a shame these dogs are being punished because of their owners actions (or lack of).
I agree that it is the appropriate result but its a shame these dogs were never given a fair shake at a good life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page