Shellie Zimmerman 911 call! - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Moderator
 
03SonicBoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,592
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
This hero is a never ending story when it comes to brushes with the law. I know a lot of ppl could careless but someone pointed it out to me so I just updated the thread with it.

George Zimmerman arrested on aggravated assault charge - CBS News
The only reason this makes news is because of the Travon case. Stuff like this happens every single day and no one bats an eye. But one guy who receives more scrutiny than almost anyone else and it's suddenly news.

I know a guy who also received aggravated assault charges for breaking the door down on his own house when his GF locked him out. No one seemed to care about that.

I'm NOT trying to say or imply he is a good person. As a judgmental person, I'll say that most of the time when people have that many run ins with the law they are a pretty trashy person. I'm just trying to call it as I see it when I say this happens all the time to people and others never bat an eye.

03SonicBoom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,119
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
My bad Nasty and Six I didn't know there was another thread opened up on this already.

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #63 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Zimmerman is a [email protected]' loser wanna be toughguy. He skated on the Martin charge in my opinion and he likes to mistreat women. Who cares if the tool bag's life won't be the same. He just needs to go away.

Jury's make bad decisions all the time. The decisions are made based upon constraints of the law and the instructions of the Judge. As far as Domestic Violence, I could beat my wife unconscious tonight, get arrested, and get off because the state cannot force her to testify. No victim, no crime. The wheels of justice are about due for a new set of tires.

Last edited by foxfive; January 10th, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
foxfive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,119
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
^ Damn good points from start to finish on that post Corey!

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #65 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
^ Damn good points from start to finish on that post Corey!
foxfive is offline  
post #66 of 81 Old January 10th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast
 
Mike's2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 516
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Good post foxfive!
Mike's2000GT is offline  
post #67 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
I've said it before. The guys a fucking moron looking to be in the public eye. If I were him and involved in some high profile thing like he was and it came out I was innocent, I would be smart enough to know not to stay in the same fucking town. Especially Florida where the entire states looks for weird shit to throw on the news everyday. The weirdest stories in the country come out of Florida. I mean, just last week some psycho with dual personalities killed his mom with a hatchet and left her body next to the trash can on the curb in front of their house. What the actual fuck.

Id move to some one horse town in bum fuck Wyoming and get a job tending horses on a ranch or some shit. Completely out of the spot light. I sure as hell wouldn't remain in town beating up on women like that dumbass. At first I sided with him that killing Martin was in self defense. But story after story of him fucking up makes me wonder. I know what you're saying Sonic, he's a target now. One false claim of domestic abuse maybe, but multiple....He's looking for trouble in my opinion, and he's definitely a violent person.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

On another note. What kind of women would date that guy now? Lol.
8t6gt is offline  
post #68 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Disturbin' The Peace
 
4.6DreameR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Round Rock / San Marcos
Posts: 4,121
             
iTrader: 10 reviews
Im just waiting for him to be convicted of anything.
Until then I presume he is innocent.... Even if stupid.
4.6DreameR is offline  
post #69 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 11:38 AM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
No one will disagree that hes a fucking moron, thats for sure.
8t6gt is offline  
post #70 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,119
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Prior to any of the major involvement he was known for some of his history was brought up. Assault on an officer charges in 2005 but they were dropped. An order of protection back in 2004 surrounding domestic violence which seems to be nothing new. In that assault on the officer case he stated that his Dad was a Magistrate Judge for over 20 years for the Virginia Supreme Court. And his Mother was a deputy clerk for the court for over 20year.

Anyway it's just crazy it's like this guy is covered in chicken grease or something he is one slippery mofo when it comes to the law for some odd reason. Like you said though Derrick starting from "But story after story of him fucking up...."

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
post #71 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
Im just waiting for him to be convicted of anything.
Until then I presume he is innocent.... Even if stupid.
"Innocent" and "Not Guilty" are two totally different things. In a trial you are found Guilty or Not Guilty. Being innocent has nothing to do with it.

Not Guilty can be a matter of a wrong pen stroke on a complaint, or a procedural error in court. It has nothing to do with offense itself. There are many "Not Guilty" people walking around who are not "Innocent", that's a fact.
foxfive is offline  
post #72 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 02:37 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
True story. I watched an episode of Forensic Files a long time ago where a guy was charged with murdering his wife, Or someone. He was proven Not Guilty in court. Then he came out and admitted to it. Due to laws about Double Jeporday, he cannot and will not be tried for the same crime since it was already ruled in court he was Not Guilty.
8t6gt is offline  
post #73 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
Zimmerman is a [email protected]' loser wanna be toughguy. He skated on the Martin charge in my opinion and he likes to mistreat women. Who cares if the tool bag's life won't be the same. He just needs to go away.

Jury's make bad decisions all the time. The decisions are made based upon constraints of the law and the instructions of the Judge. As far as Domestic Violence, I could beat my wife unconscious tonight, get arrested, and get off because the state cannot force her to testify. No victim, no crime. The wheels of justice are about due for a new set of tires.
I heart U, offisur Corey



Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
I've said it before. The guys a fucking moron looking to be in the public eye. If I were him and involved in some high profile thing like he was and it came out I was innocent, I would be smart enough to know not to stay in the same fucking town. Especially Florida where the entire states looks for weird shit to throw on the news everyday. The weirdest stories in the country come out of Florida. I mean, just last week some psycho with dual personalities killed his mom with a hatchet and left her body next to the trash can on the curb in front of their house. What the actual fuck.

Id move to some one horse town in bum fuck Wyoming and get a job tending horses on a ranch or some shit. Completely out of the spot light. I sure as hell wouldn't remain in town beating up on women like that dumbass. At first I sided with him that killing Martin was in self defense. But story after story of him fucking up makes me wonder. I know what you're saying Sonic, he's a target now. One false claim of domestic abuse maybe, but multiple....He's looking for trouble in my opinion, and he's definitely a violent person.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

On another note. What kind of women would date that guy now? Lol.
You see, Dick, (wat- it's a contraction of Derrick. Deal with it), this is why I have a problem with the stand your ground law, and with more and more citizens carrying.

It's a people problem. I've said all along, I strongly believe in the right to bear arms. But as the common idiom goes, 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' ... and that is very true. I've never seen any of the tragedies, mass shootings, or accidents, anything in regards to death where firearms are involved, and had the thought "We need to ban guns."

And similar to the stand your ground law, I'm not saying we should make it so you can't defend yourself when attacked. But surely there has to be some common sense middle ground somewhere. You simply can't have citizens 'patrolling' neighborhoods and ultimately becoming judge jury and executioner when a confrontation arises as a result of their 'investigation'.

I've said from minute one, as soon as I saw some of the information and background on Zimmerman, that this is an individual who isn't right in the head. I'm not saying he's evil. I'm not saying he's a bumbling mental midget. But this is a man who should absolutely, unequivocally, not have been licensed to carry a firearm. Read: own a firearm and keep it in his home for protection of self, family, and property? Yup no problem. But carry one around in public? No fucking way.

Surely as a society we can figure out how to arrive at a solution for this that doesn't involve the far left or far right hyperbole. Are we trying to evolve towards a civilized society, or not?

If anyone reads that as I'm saying guns and/or gun owners aren't civilized, you're misunderstanding what I'm driving at. More and more people carrying guns... seems like a backwards step to me for a civilized nation. Not because those who would carry are morons or are uncivilized. But because we need perhaps to fix what's wrong with society. If you arm every single citizen and think that this will result in no crime or less crime... well, A, that's not happening, and B, people kill people. Not guns.

So if guns aren't the problem, then why are they the solution.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #74 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
This shit again?


1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #75 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Reaper_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,129
       
iTrader: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I heart U, offisur Corey





You see, Dick, (wat- it's a contraction of Derrick. Deal with it), this is why I have a problem with the stand your ground law, and with more and more citizens carrying.

It's a people problem. I've said all along, I strongly believe in the right to bear arms. But as the common idiom goes, 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' ... and that is very true. I've never seen any of the tragedies, mass shootings, or accidents, anything in regards to death where firearms are involved, and had the thought "We need to ban guns."

And similar to the stand your ground law, I'm not saying we should make it so you can't defend yourself when attacked. But surely there has to be some common sense middle ground somewhere. You simply can't have citizens 'patrolling' neighborhoods and ultimately becoming judge jury and executioner when a confrontation arises as a result of their 'investigation'.

I've said from minute one, as soon as I saw some of the information and background on Zimmerman, that this is an individual who isn't right in the head. I'm not saying he's evil. I'm not saying he's a bumbling mental midget. But this is a man who should absolutely, unequivocally, not have been licensed to carry a firearm. Read: own a firearm and keep it in his home for protection of self, family, and property? Yup no problem. But carry one around in public? No fucking way.

Surely as a society we can figure out how to arrive at a solution for this that doesn't involve the far left or far right hyperbole. Are we trying to evolve towards a civilized society, or not?

If anyone reads that as I'm saying guns and/or gun owners aren't civilized, you're misunderstanding what I'm driving at. More and more people carrying guns... seems like a backwards step to me for a civilized nation. Not because those who would carry are morons or are uncivilized. But because we need perhaps to fix what's wrong with society. If you arm every single citizen and think that this will result in no crime or less crime... well, A, that's not happening, and B, people kill people. Not guns.

So if guns aren't the problem, then why are they the solution.
please run for president Zip


2004 Mustang GT 5-spd
2000 Mustang V6 5-spd - Sold
Reaper_88 is offline  
post #76 of 81 Old January 12th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Disturbin' The Peace
 
4.6DreameR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Round Rock / San Marcos
Posts: 4,121
             
iTrader: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
If anyone reads that as I'm saying guns and/or gun owners aren't civilized, you're misunderstanding what I'm driving at. More and more people carrying guns... seems like a backwards step to me for a civilized nation. Not because those who would carry are morons or are uncivilized. But because we need perhaps to fix what's wrong with society. If you arm every single citizen and think that this will result in no crime or less crime... well, A, that's not happening, and B, people kill people. Not guns.

So if guns aren't the problem, then why are they the solution.
Civilized people need to protect themselves from the uncivilized people that still exist in our world. If there wasn't a need, they wouldn't feel they had to carry one.

2002 Lightning
2003 Mustang GT-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by L
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
4.6DreameR is offline  
post #77 of 81 Old January 13th, 2015, 10:10 AM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Zip, I do agree. We usually agree 100% on firearm related issues and laws in the many threads it's been discussed in. I believe in concealed carry (hell, I have a CPL) but I can also agree with not touting them everywhere. I'd like to believe we as a civilization can still feel we are safe enough to not carry while trick or treating (you remember that thread I'm sure), or taking your kids for a walk down the road.

Anyone who truly believes we are so lost as a country that we cannot do that is just as lost as their statements saying they NEED to carry everywhere. Sure, you can carry if you want, but you shouldn't feel you NEED to because your life depends on it. We could easily make this country safer. It won't happen overnight, and I don't have all the answers as to how to make it happen, but then again I'm not elected to have those answers either.

If you live in such a bad area where you can't walk to the store and get ice cream with your kids without feeling the need to grab a firearm, then you better move somewhere safer. I also hate stand your ground laws because they open the door for shit like you've seen in Forida, where nearly all those shootings could have been avoided with just walking away. And if you walk away and they attack you, or if you're flat out being attacked then by all means use deadly force. However, there is no law needed that gives you the right to stand your ground and keep the situation going. 99% of all situations could be avoided by just walking away. That 1% where you're being attacked, then by all means use deadly force.

Take away the stand your ground laws in Florida and you can still use deadly force force if you need to. A lot of people like to think to the contrary now though. The only thing they do is give people a right by law to keep escalating the situation, And be hot headed. We should, And used to teach during classes to AVOID situations and diffuse them by walking away. It wasn't until recently that Forida threw out a law giving people the right to stand their ground, thus not diffusing the situation. If you're truly being attacked or attack is imminent then stand your ground laws or not, you'll have no charges brought upon you. Add stand your ground laws into the mix and suddenly we have multiple questionable shootings in "self defense", all from the same state.
Anyway, I guess I threw it off track now.
8t6gt is offline  
post #78 of 81 Old January 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Agreed 100%, Derrick.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #79 of 81 Old January 13th, 2015, 10:35 AM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
Civilized people need to protect themselves from the uncivilized people that still exist in our world. If there wasn't a need, they wouldn't feel they had to carry one.
I disagree with statements that generalize the situation so much. You do not by any means need to protect yourself from uncivilized people as you call them, with a firearm. I say again, if you're so in fear of your life in your area where you truly believe you cannot leave the house without a gun, then move. I carry when I travel to Detroit for obvious reasons, but I don't live there either so you can't say to move. I've lived in many rough cities, I've traveled to rough areas. What's it tell you about Zip too. Because of his job he's been to more ridiculously rough cities in America and been placed in more situations in them than 99% of the people on this forum, yet even after all that he still doesn't feel the need to carry a firearm with him everywhere. So no, I highly disagree with that statement.

Of course I feel there is a need to carry sometimes, and you should be able to. However, continuing to have the ideology that you just expressed does not change the situation. It falls under the same lines as saying "fuck it, it's bad out there so we need to carry to protect ourselves". Why not strive for deeper change in society so one day maybe your kids don't feel they need to carry a gun with them, instead of teaching them that firearms solve problems by constantly having one strapped to your hip.

We as a society need to change as a whole to the point people feel safe without them, not to the point that more and more people feel the need to strap one on. And no, that change does not come with stricter laws, it comes with changing people's minds over a period of time.

And before you think I'm some gun hating nut, I'm not. I would almost put money on the fact I have more firearms than most people on the forum. I grew up in a place where I can openly shoot high powered rifles right off my back porch, no going to the range for me when you lived where I do (300 win mag, .338 Ultra Mag, I shoot them right in my back yard, up to 500 yards or more if I want to). Most people who live where I do grew up using a firearm as a tool, much as the same as you'd use a shovel around the yard. We don't put firearms on a pedestal as a means to solve the problems that face society. I'm not saying this is you, but i find it funny that people who grew up in an area where there's more cows than people who used them all the time feel the way I do, And people who grew up going to ranges and having a few guns always feel they NEED them. Perhaps it's because they're nothing special to us, they're another tool we used, and they're not put on a pedestal to solve societies issues.
8t6gt is offline  
post #80 of 81 Old January 13th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
I disagree with statements that generalize the situation so much. You do not by any means need to protect yourself from uncivilized people as you call them, with a firearm. I say again, if you're so in fear of your life in your area where you truly believe you cannot leave the house without a gun, then move. I carry when I travel to Detroit for obvious reasons, but I don't live there either so you can't say to move. I've lived in many rough cities, I've traveled to rough areas. What's it tell you about Zip too. Because of his job he's been to more ridiculously rough cities in America and been placed in more situations in them than 99% of the people on this forum, yet even after all that he still doesn't feel the need to carry a firearm with him everywhere. So no, I highly disagree with that statement.

Of course I feel there is a need to carry sometimes, and you should be able to. However, continuing to have the ideology that you just expressed does not change the situation. It falls under the same lines as saying "fuck it, it's bad out there so we need to carry to protect ourselves". Why not strive for deeper change in society so one day maybe your kids don't feel they need to carry a gun with them, instead of teaching them that firearms solve problems by constantly having one strapped to your hip.

We as a society need to change as a whole to the point people feel safe without them, not to the point that more and more people feel the need to strap one on. And no, that change does not come with stricter laws, it comes with changing people's minds over a period of time.

And before you think I'm some gun hating nut, I'm not. I would almost put money on the fact I have more firearms than most people on the forum. I grew up in a place where I can openly shoot high powered rifles right off my back porch, no going to the range for me when you lived where I do (300 win mag, .338 Ultra Mag, I shoot them right in my back yard, up to 500 yards or more if I want to). Most people who live where I do grew up using a firearm as a tool, much as the same as you'd use a shovel around the yard. We don't put firearms on a pedestal as a means to solve the problems that face society. I'm not saying this is you, but i find it funny that people who grew up in an area where there's more cows than people who used them all the time feel the way I do, And people who grew up going to ranges and having a few guns always feel they NEED them. Perhaps it's because they're nothing special to us, they're another tool we used, and they're not put on a pedestal to solve societies issues.
Exactly.


And I've always been somewhat jealous of guys who grew up in the country and were able to play around with rifles on open property. Growing up in the city, I never had the chance to mess around with guns. Perhaps one day when I have more time.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome