Evolution - Page 12 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
View Poll Results: Do you believe in Evolution
Yes 60 65.93%
No 14 15.38%
I agree with some of the theory, but not entirely. 13 14.29%
Fuck science 4 4.40%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 253 Old January 20th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
RAGEman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: La Porte, Texas
Posts: 1,619
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFoxwell View Post
We have rivaling theories, while one is considered as most likely based on countless observations to support the claim.



It is the same archeologists that are making this Hittites argument that are arguing that earthquakes and a volcano brought about the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah. I've read these few and far between articles on the subject and continually are referred to the same links. Instead of bothering to argue on this anymore, I would simply ask why there are numerous false prophecies in the Bible? One only needs a single falsehood within the context of the Bible as evidence it is not the inspired word of God.




You weren't my target audience for that original remark.



1) When and where? I'd like to see coverage on these arrests, and to verify they were legal, peaceful protests.

2) He wasn't fired, and even if he were, it would not have been an act of our Government, but a private institution. He always had that right to his opinion, and still does, but against persecution from our government, not his employer. That is a truly terrible argument for persecution.



Are you playing dumb? I mean that seriously. Even the people who wrote the Bible understood the correlation between money and greed.

“Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” - Jesus Christ






Let this be my last post. I see everyone else has long since stopped bothering.
is not an answer.

I could answer these, and if anyone would like me to, shoot me a PM, but since he's not going to respond, there's really no reason to reply here.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Supercharged
RAGEman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #222 of 253 Old January 20th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGEman View Post
To an extent. We know how gravity works in the sense that we know the effect it has on an object. We don't really know how it works or what causes it. There are theories that try to explain it, but as for a scientific explanation of gravity, you have none. Again, we just named it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think we actually know the cause. Citation needed.




Please elaborate. There was 0 mention of the Hittites other than the biblical accounts prior to it's discovery. Scientist openly mocked the bible for talking about a nation that "never existed". It was found, and those scientist had to move to the next thing. I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say?

The bible says nothing of an earthquake at Sodom & Gomorrah. Not to my knowledge anyways. That's a theory that scientist have created to explain the findings at the location. There is 0 SCIENTIFIC evidence of seismic activity in that region. So trying to explain away S&G with evidence based on nothing is ludicrous. Scientist call for proof, evidence, etc., but if they can't explain something, slap a theory on it and walk away. Sheepish.




Exactly. I don't get my panties in a bunch any more than you do. I just can't let something I believe to be wrong go un-checked, and apparently neither can you.



Others have said so. People have been arrested for preaching against it, and it will only get worse. Phil Robertson (I don't watch the show BTW) was kicked off a show for expressing his opinion. Agree with it or not, the man has a right to say what wants just as a homosexual does. It's hypocritical (with regard to the law) to not see both sides of the argument.



I don't see your point between "in God we trust" and greed. Being rich isn't condemned, it's the lust/worship of money that is sin. The attachment to earthly things.

Churches that do this are probably what drives people like you to evolution. Men are wicked, generally speaking, and the men that run these mega churches are no different. They are just after the dollar. I've been to churches like this that pass the basket several times during worship, and every time they meet. The bible is specific as to what the money is to be used for, and when it is to be collected. Your first sign of a liberal church is the plate going around a few times per service.


I've said this from the beginning and I'll say it again. I have no PROOF that God exists. I can point to scripture and show you why I believe he does. Conversely, you have no PROOF of evolution. You can point to articles, and research done by someone you don't know, and say that it does. So let's make this even simpler.

I have a bible, you have articles. Both of these are writings by men. Agreed?

I was not witness to any of the accounts written about in the bible. You are not witness to any of the scientific findings that you cite as proof. Agreed?

I choose to believe the bible/God, you choose to believe the articles/scientist. Agreed?

Is it really all that crazy for me to believe in a God I've never seen, and events written that I didn't witness, when you believe in evolution you've never seen and experiments you've never witnessed? As I said earlier, we're both using faith, just directed differently.

It is well within your right to believe in evolution, and within mine to mock it.

You're wrong then. Gravity has been proven. Over and over again. You keep trying to claim scientific principles don't exist when they do, while claiming it's acceptable to believe in the unproven. Listen Rageman, just because you don't believe in a scientific principle doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means you refuse to see or accept certain facts and truths because perhaps it might cause you to question your beliefs.

Gravity has been proven. I will not provide you with the criteria for that. It's been around a long enough time that you should know its a proven scientific principle. If you don't know that, it's time for you to go do the research, not for me to prove it to you in an online forum debate.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #223 of 253 Old January 20th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
RAGEman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: La Porte, Texas
Posts: 1,619
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
You're wrong then. Gravity has been proven. Over and over again. You keep trying to claim scientific principles don't exist when they do, while claiming it's acceptable to believe in the unproven. Listen Rageman, just because you don't believe in a scientific principle doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means you refuse to see or accept certain facts and truths because perhaps it might cause you to question your beliefs.

Gravity has been proven. I will not provide you with the criteria for that. It's been around a long enough time that you should know its a proven scientific principle. If you don't know that, it's time for you to go do the research, not for me to prove it to you in an online forum debate.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm not arguing that the principle of gravity hasn't been proven. It obviously has, but as to what causes gravity. We don't know exactly.

No one has posted much of anything that has been scientific fact. The entire point of my argument has been that if your going to tell me something I believe (which I can't prove without a doubt) is stupid, then you better be able to prove your point without a doubt. No one has done that. Scientific evidence that is not fact is not sufficient.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Supercharged
RAGEman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #224 of 253 Old January 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGEman View Post
I'm not arguing that the principle of gravity hasn't been proven. It obviously has, but as to what causes gravity. We don't know exactly.

No one has posted much of anything that has been scientific fact. The entire point of my argument has been that if your going to tell me something I believe (which I can't prove without a doubt) is stupid, then you better be able to prove your point without a doubt. No one has done that. Scientific evidence that is not fact is not sufficient.
lol ok.

In that case, like Eric, I am also done here. Enjoy your day man.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #225 of 253 Old January 20th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
RAGEman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: La Porte, Texas
Posts: 1,619
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
lol ok.

In that case, like Eric, I am also done here. Enjoy your day man.
And I will.

1965 Mustang Fastback - Supercharged
RAGEman is offline  
post #226 of 253 Old December 16th, 2015, 11:08 AM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,398
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
You're wrong then. Gravity has been proven. Over and over again. You keep trying to claim scientific principles don't exist when they do, while claiming it's acceptable to believe in the unproven. Listen Rageman, just because you don't believe in a scientific principle doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means you refuse to see or accept certain facts and truths because perhaps it might cause you to question your beliefs.

Gravity has been proven. I will not provide you with the criteria for that. It's been around a long enough time that you should know its a proven scientific principle. If you don't know that, it's time for you to go do the research, not for me to prove it to you in an online forum debate.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I hate jumping in on an old thread but I just had to because I was talking about gravity to my son just yesterday. Before I start, I'm a Christian and I believe in evolution. Actually, while the Catholic religion hasn't endorsed evolution it hasn't rejected it either. Only fundamentalist Christians believe in a completely literal reading of the Bible and even though the theory that the earth is only 6000 years old has been discredited they repeat it often enough with such vigor that people mistakenly think all Christians believe it. We do not.

Now on to gravity. What is called a gravitational force is well known and measurable. But if you are talking about the force that pulled Newton's apple off the tree then you might want to read up on it. Just like there is no such thing as centrifugal force (its actually momentum) the theory of a gravity that pulls you down is being questioned. I've even read comments where people say that gravity isn't a force at all. There are no other known forces in the universe that pull. Einstein, Hawkins and others talk about space wrapping around objects and pushing down. I find this stuff interesting but since its above my head I can't explain it any better.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; December 16th, 2015 at 09:31 PM.
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #227 of 253 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,418
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Man I'm so glad that EFoxwell douche is gone. He was such a dumb fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #228 of 253 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:59 PM
MM's Resident Male Nurse
 
TachycardiaInducingDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,314
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Without getting into it (Because I've gotten into it here before)... I voted no in the poll.



Current Rides:

2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan - 6 speed manual (Black w/ black interior)
2007 Lincoln MKX AWD (Granite w/ black interior)


Past Rides:

2012 Mustang GT Premium
2005 Mustang GT
2005 Mustang V6
TachycardiaInducingDriver is offline  
post #229 of 253 Old December 16th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Administrator
 
BWAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clothes Hamper
Posts: 33,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachycardiaInducingDriver View Post
Without getting into it (Because I've gotten into it here before)... I voted no in the poll.
you want to let people know you take a very controversial stance but you're not willing to defend it? lol

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

BWAL is offline  
post #230 of 253 Old December 16th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Zip's Supervisor
 
Rhythm Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 13,624
                   
iTrader: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
you want to let people know you take a very controversial stance but you're not willing to defend it? lol
That's what you do when you really don't have a way of defending it.
Mattdbal likes this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

Rhythm Stick is offline  
post #231 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,561
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Now on to gravity. What is called a gravitational force is well known and measurable. But if you are talking about the force that pulled Newton's apple off the tree then you might want to read up on it. Just like there is no such thing as centrifugal force (its actually momentum) the theory of a gravity that pulls you down is being questioned. I've even read comments where people say that gravity isn't a force at all. There are no other known forces in the universe that pull. Einstein, Hawkins and others talk about space wrapping around objects and pushing down. I find this stuff interesting but since its above my head I can't explain it any better.
In the limited context of "does gravity exist", it's basically semantics. Einstein didn't imply that there is no such thing as gravity, but that instead of an active force pulling the apple down as people tend to imagine it, the apple is just following the curvature of space created by the mass of the Earth. It's much more simple for a person to understand the former versus the later and both reach the same basic conclusion.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #232 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #233 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 12:47 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,398
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
In the limited context of "does gravity exist", it's basically semantics. Einstein didn't imply that there is no such thing as gravity, but that instead of an active force pulling the apple down as people tend to imagine it, the apple is just following the curvature of space created by the mass of the Earth. It's much more simple for a person to understand the former versus the later and both reach the same basic conclusion.
I also liked the part about time being relative. They proved that theory by using two atomic clocks. The stationary one runs faster than the one that is moving. Einstein proposed that theory in 1915. If I remember the documentary correctly he was riding on a bus when he first thought of it.

Edit: I couldn't remember when they proved the theory so I looked it up. It was the Hafele-Keating experiment in 1971.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1

Last edited by Eagle2000GT; December 17th, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #234 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,851
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I also liked the part about time being relative. They proved that theory by using two atomic clocks. The stationary one runs slower than the one that is moving. Einstein proposed that theory in 1915. If I remember the documentary correctly he was riding on a bus when he first thought of it.
They were playing a good documentary on History channel last night about Einstein - in case that isn't already the reason you're talking about this stuff.

And the theory of relativity is both awesome and proven - GPS satellites have to constantly adjust their clocks depending on their speed due to the fact that they would not be precise if the clocks were set the same way clocks on earth are set before being launched into space.

Also, when the first "X-planes" were being tested and we started reaching past the speed of sound, the plane's clocks (and eventually spacecraft's as well) would come back off by fractions of a second. Crazy to think that astronauts that have spent a long period of time in space have technically aged just so slightly slower than everyone else here on earth for a period of time.
socialist is offline  
post #235 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,398
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Crazy to think that astronauts that have spent a long period of time in space have technically aged just so slightly slower than everyone else here on earth for a period of time.
Yes, but time passed normally for them. From their point of view everyone else aged faster.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #236 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,561
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I also liked the part about time being relative. They proved that theory by using two atomic clocks. The stationary one runs faster than the one that is moving. Einstein proposed that theory in 1915. If I remember the documentary correctly he was riding on a bus when he first thought of it.
It's a proof of concept of "time traveling" forward. Pretty fucking awesome.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #237 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 02:33 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,909
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
It's a proof of concept of "time traveling" forward. Pretty fucking awesome.
Time traveling forward seems useless without the ability to go backwards.
Destination S197 is offline  
post #238 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,561
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
Time traveling forward seems useless without the ability to go backwards.
Jesus, Desti. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Imagine the ability to say "You know what, I'll pass on the next few years!"

Instead of having to spend 6-7 meaningless years of your life having already beaten Fallout 4 and waiting for Fallout 5, you can just skip straight to Fallout 5 bro.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #239 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM
US Air Force (retired)
 
Eagle2000GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,398
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
+1 Instead of cryogenically freezing your body after you're dead you just jump ahead to where they have the cure. But if you jump too far that could be a problem similar to that pointed out in H. G. Wells' 1895 book, the Time Machine. Evolution isn't done yet. You might run into hostile mutants. Although instead of terrifying beasts I suspect it will be Homo Superior. Then again, they might be the same thing.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Eagle2000GT is offline  
post #240 of 253 Old December 17th, 2015, 03:28 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,909
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Jesus, Desti. You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Imagine the ability to say "You know what, I'll pass on the next few years!"

Instead of having to spend 6-7 meaningless years of your life having already beaten Fallout 4 and waiting for Fallout 5, you can just skip straight to Fallout 5 bro.
Considering the amount of energy required to accelerate you to a speed fast enough to make time move quickly enough, there isn't enough of it in the universe.
Destination S197 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome