The fitness thread - Page 101 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2001 of 2069 Old July 2nd, 2015, 01:43 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT o1 View Post
Supplement kingdom and orbit nutrition are the cheapest around. I'm not personally a fan of whey for a good replacement but it's a better option than a lot of other things. Just don't forget, calories are calories, whether you eat excess proteins, fats, or carbohydrates, they're all going to be stored the same when if they're not burned

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's going to slot in with my morning meal, which is about a half hour before my morning cycling and two hours before I sleep(working midnights gives me a weird schedule). Still keeping my calorie intake to 1,500 calories a day.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2002 of 2069 Old July 5th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Regular

Anyone else using a pre workout?
Been taking Pump igniter along with my 5g's of creatine a day and my lifts have gone up quite a bit even on days i don't really feel like going I go and get a good workout with it.

2000 GT
Mods: BBK CAI, Typhoon Intake Manifold, PP throttle body/Plenum, Underdrive pulleys, Weight reduction, 3.73, J&M UCA, MM LCA, MGW shifter, Pypes M80, UPR O/R X Pipe, BBK spring isloators, MM pinion snuubber,AC delete
post #2003 of 2069 Old July 5th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftinGT View Post
Been taking Pump igniter along with my 5g's of creatine a day and my lifts have gone up quite a bit even on days i don't really feel like going I go and get a good workout with it.

Every day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2004 of 2069 Old July 5th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes. I'm a huge fan of pre-workout supplements, although some are MUCH better than others.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a pre-workout, but, for me, the biggest thing is ingredients that will give me a pump and increase endurance and reduce fatigue. I'm not opposed to pre-workouts including creatine, beta alanine, and betaine, but these are supplements that work via saturation and should be taken every day for weeks for the full effects to be realized; they are not best used as acute performance enhancers (although some people love the tingling feeling that high doses of beta alanine can cause).

My pre-workout essentials include:
-4g citrulline (or 6g citrulline malate (2:1) or 8g citrulline malate (1:1))
-1g agmatine sulfate
-1-3g taurine
-1g ALCAR

and my daily staple supplements include:
-5g creatine
-3.2-4.8g beta alanine
-2.5g betaine anhydrous

Recently I've been taking Cobalt Energy Supplements products (they're a newer company based near me in South Florida that is online and in a few local stores and gyms) that has a philosophy I can really get behind (all natural, no proprietary blends, scientifically formulated products).

I'm a big fan of Trifecta, which is a daily staple supplement with 5g micronized creatine monohydrate, 4.8g beta alanine, and 2.5g betaine anhydrous. It's a 30 day supply at this dose for $29.99 right now, plus there's a 10% off coupon code, so it ends up being $27 for 30 days ($0.90 per day). I think it's a very versatile supplement; not only is it a solid staple to take on its own, but it stacks well with other pre-workout supplements that may have either creatine, beta alanine, and/or betaine, since the pre-workout may not a sufficient amount alone, and you're probably not taking it every day, which these ingredients should be taken to get the full benefits. It's not a glamorous product, but it's solid.

I've also been using their stimulant-free pre-workout Enormous recently, since it's the first pre-workout I've found that has the 8g citrulline malate (4g citrulline), 1g agamatine, 1-3g taurine, 1g ALCAR I want. Based on all of the stimulant-free pre-workouts I've tried (High Volume, Dilate, Hemavol, etc) Enormous is right up there in terms of pump and endurance benefits (plus it has the added benefit of being naturally flavored and colored, unlike all the others, if you care about that sort of thing). Price wise, it's also right in line with the others, although none of them are exactly cheap due to the expensive ingredients and high doses used in all of them. The citrulline and agmatine are the key ingredients in all of these products, but I really like the addition of taurine that's only present in High Volume and Enormous, but the addition of ALCAR (which has been one of my favorite focus/cognitive supplements for a long time now) gives Enormous the edge for me. Right now it's $29.99 for 30 scoops (or 15 full servings), but with supplements like Enormous and High Volume, many people never feel the need to go above 1-1.5 scoops due to the high doses of proven ingredients. The 10% coupon code is also good here, bringing the price down to $27 ($0.90 per scoop, $1.80 per 2 scoops).

I've also been able to try a prototype of a purely stimulant-based pre-workout that they're planning on releasing soon, and I have to say, it's certainly one of the strongest pre-workouts I've tried in terms of energy and "feel." The launch price should be $1 per serving before any coupons, but I think I'd prefer to go with 1/2 to 3/4 of a serving the vast majority of the time, and I have a pretty high stimulant tolerance. Stacking 2 scoops of Enormous with 3/4 of a serving of this new stimulant product is probably the best pre-workout stack I've tried, and the ability to take a combination of various serving(s) of each (depending on what type of workout I'm doing and how much, if any, stimulants I want) is a nice feature that I expect more companies to start moving towards in the future (and it seems like a few companies are starting to have separate pre-workout supplements geared towards either pump/endurance or stimulants that stack very well together. I know PES has High Volume for pumps, and I've heard that they're releasing a stimulant-based pre-workout supplement in the future).

Here's the website for Cobalt Energy Supplements:
www.thecobaltenergy.com
and here's the current 10% off coupon code: SUMMER10%
post #2005 of 2069 Old July 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Used to, I really liked it. Gave me a big rush and lots of motivation to work out.
Had to stop due to a genetic kidney problems PcKD, not supplement related or anything. That at having the newborn around the same time my beastmode switch got flipped to dad mode, haven't had workouts like that since, or energy .

|4.10's|4200 Circle D Stall Converter|CMS Stage I cams|75 tb/Eddy Vic Jr/6061 Plenum|Long Tube Headers|SLP cat back|93 octane tune|SFI U/D's| Team Z k-member/ctrl arms| Coilovers|Strange shocks|Mild Weight Redux
post #2006 of 2069 Old July 9th, 2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

Bodybuilding.com gave me a free sample of pwo I had to quit taking it because that shit had me zooming when I was trying to sleep. I don't even think it had caffeine. Humanuh humanah humanah! I try to work out after work around 6pm. That shit would keep me up to 4am.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #2007 of 2069 Old July 20th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Down to 353 now, 37 pounds total. About two weeks ago I hit a brick wall though. Nutritionist said I'm not eating nearly enough and advised me to stick to the healthy foods, but up it to 2,000 calories a day. Had some initial gain for a few days but back to making progress. No longer losing weight at over 10 pounds a week, but 2-3 pounds a week is still something I'm happy with. Sticking to about an hour to an hour and a half of biking/dog walking daily, a half hour on the bowflex at home daily, and sporadically lifting weights at work whenever I'm not busy.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #2008 of 2069 Old July 20th, 2015, 02:24 AM
Formerly whyxitx

Pounds are pounds, if you're not gaining them back, you're winning! (to an extent!)

2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
post #2009 of 2069 Old July 21st, 2015, 01:17 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Down to 353 now, 37 pounds total. About two weeks ago I hit a brick wall though. Nutritionist said I'm not eating nearly enough and advised me to stick to the healthy foods, but up it to 2,000 calories a day. Had some initial gain for a few days but back to making progress. No longer losing weight at over 10 pounds a week, but 2-3 pounds a week is still something I'm happy with. Sticking to about an hour to an hour and a half of biking/dog walking daily, a half hour on the bowflex at home daily, and sporadically lifting weights at work whenever I'm not busy.
Progress is progress. It's not always going to be linear, but 2-3 pounds a week is still great man!

I've been playing around with different exercises/techniques to bring up certain body parts that I feel are lagging. For calves, I know I just need to be much more consistent with them, and I plan on hitting them just about every day, even if it's only with some bodyweight exercises or donkey calf raises with someone on my back if I'm not going to the gym that day. I've also been doing more upright rows to bring up my traps, which I feel need some work to fill out the middle of my back. I also feel like I've been making some nice progress with my quads by lowering the weight squats, and really focusing on time under tension and feeling the outer quads (4 count negatives and pushing outward with my feet throughout the whole rep). I've found that this helps me feel the squat less in my inner thighs and glutes, and more in my outer quads, which I'm trying to improve. I have to swallow my ego a little bit, as the number of reps I can do probably got cut a bit less than half the first time I switched to squatting this way, but that also helps keep my lower back feeling good, so I'll take it.
post #2010 of 2069 Old August 5th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Hit the 50 pound mark. Very proud of that. Puts me at 340, so I still have a fuck ton of weight to lose, but nearly a third of my goal weight down.
TCStang likes this.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #2011 of 2069 Old August 5th, 2015, 10:52 AM
You had one job!

Congrats!
Sixpointslow likes this.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #2012 of 2069 Old September 9th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Down to 322. 68 pounds down.

I've slacked off on the cardio, but really getting into weight lifting again. Got a weight bench with 300 pounds worth of weights, a few sets of dumbbells, and a curl bar. Also added an indoor cycle. Got a decent home gym going on at this point. lol

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #2013 of 2069 Old September 9th, 2015, 12:26 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I want to share my bodies metabolism speed...

January 2015 I weighted 145lbs (My lowest since I was like 16)
August 2015 I weighted 167lbs (working out hard, not really eating as much as I should)
September 2015 I had a procedure done on my mouth, I couldn't eat much and I couldn't work out for two and a half weeks. I Lost 15 pounds. Down to 152lbs.

Started working out again last week, gained 8 pounds in 5 days, now im at 160lbs, what the hell is up with my body.

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #2014 of 2069 Old September 9th, 2015, 05:45 PM
You had one job!

When you are lifting hard your body will retain a certain amount of water to aid in recovery. This can be in the 6-8 lb range and would explain your jump in 5 days. By staying fully hydrated you can minimize how much water you retain.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #2015 of 2069 Old September 10th, 2015, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

Okay all you screw heads. Here stands a man who is confused. Bored and clicking around reading and seen a word i aint done never seen before. prohormones. What it do? And don't get all scientific. Dumb it down. Like makes you bigger but fucks your liver and gives pimples on buttcheeks.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

And i just realized I was reading it wrong lol. Expected a hyphen like pro-hormones. What is this new word? What is happening? I wonder what my dog named me. skimming the skimmers

Quote:
post #2016 of 2069 Old September 10th, 2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
I want to share my bodies metabolism speed...

January 2015 I weighted 145lbs (My lowest since I was like 16)
August 2015 I weighted 167lbs (working out hard, not really eating as much as I should)
September 2015 I had a procedure done on my mouth, I couldn't eat much and I couldn't work out for two and a half weeks. I Lost 15 pounds. Down to 152lbs.

Started working out again last week, gained 8 pounds in 5 days, now im at 160lbs, what the hell is up with my body.
Thats crazy.

I weighed 165 this time last year. I now weight 185. I can't workout at all for 5 more weeks (hopefully) because of a broken wrist, but as soon as I'm healed I plan to hit the gym hard. My goal is to be 195 by Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #2017 of 2069 Old September 10th, 2015, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

I am 6 foot nothing and weigh 195.

In my gut of course.

Quote:
post #2018 of 2069 Old September 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gonzo! View Post
Okay all you screw heads. Here stands a man who is confused. Bored and clicking around reading and seen a word i aint done never seen before. prohormones. What it do? And don't get all scientific. Dumb it down. Like makes you bigger but fucks your liver and gives pimples on buttcheeks.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

And i just realized I was reading it wrong lol. Expected a hyphen like pro-hormones. What is this new word? What is happening? I wonder what my dog named me. skimming the skimmers

Real question or sarcasm?

post #2019 of 2069 Old September 11th, 2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

Not real question anymore. The first time I read it, in my mind was reading it as prophorhomones. Not as pro hormones. I never took a step back to unfuck my dyslexia before posting

Quote:
post #2020 of 2069 Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page