The fitness thread - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

The fitness thread

Well it was here for a while then it went away. Your thoughts?

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Yut Yut Devil Dog

A lot of people posted on it for a while... I guess it got old?

I was about to start a new Fitness thread the other night, I made the best smoothie in the world.

Military Crew USMC
YUT!
Black Stang Crew #Semper Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Freedom ain't free motherfuckers.
post #3 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Manthusiast

Garage
I'm currently on a fracture, but I've been running lately.
I've got some great protein shake mixes.
Anyone have edmondo or nike+?

1996 Laser Red Mustang GT-Totaled October 2,2012
2000 Dark Blue Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC
2002 Honda F4i Black/Red
2000 Yamaha YZF-600R "Thunder Kitty"
2015 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SE
Carolina Crew #53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

I started feel uber shitty and almost falling asleep on my thirty minute rides home from work. This weekend I decided I will use the gym at work after I'm done with my day job. It's a decent small gym at the apartment complex I work at, and the best part, it's free. Started eating a bunch of foods. (mostly clean). Did a few sets of pull ups and a few sets of push ups. Woke up this morning with more energy than I have had in a long time.

I'm going to be one goofy looking dude in the gym because I'm not taking off my work uniform, to put on clean gym clothes to get dirty again, so yes. You did see a guy in khakis lifting weights

Quote:
post #5 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yut Yut Devil Dog

I've been eating paleo for a couple of months now. Couple that with your basic supplements, I feel better than I ever have. I've been lifting for a couple years now.

Military Crew USMC
YUT!
Quote:
post #6 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Keep Moving Forward

I'm just now getting back into running and lifting. I plan to run 3 days a week for about 2 miles each day and I plan to lift with a 2 day split for the week, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also I'll be counting calories agiain; aiming for about 2300/day.

Goal: Not worried about weight, just want a little bit flatter stomach, more defined muscle definition, and more energy throughout the day from the daily dopamine releases.

post #7 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

I can't run until I strengthen my leg muscles up. I would definitely damage something. If I even tried to run right now shin splints would stop me real quick like. I'm not overweight really so im not that worried about cardio yet. 185lbs @ 6ft. All fat lol. Skinny arms, bird chest, somewhat beer belly. Need pecs to balance that out

I'm trying to eat 3-4000 calories a day. Bought a half gallon of chocolate milk this morning and I have about a third of it left. Probably finish it at lunch if I don't drink it sooner. Couple that with peanut butter sandwichs and fruit, Im pretty damn full

Quote:
post #8 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to Blank
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_Ahmet View Post
I've been eating paleo for a couple of months now. Couple that with your basic supplements, I feel better than I ever have. I've been lifting for a couple years now.
Hows the Paleo thing going for ya? I want to try it but it seems kinda compliocated

2006 Mustang GT- RIP 10 March 2013
1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ- 3 inch lift and 33s.

"Shit when I was your age, I wanted to hump anything that got wet. (including a mop)"
-xXFallout
post #9 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Manthusiast

Garage
Once you start the paleo and stay on it for a few weeks it gets easier. I did it before Airborne school and was feeling amazing. It was hard to follow it while at Benning. I'm running about 8 miles a day, I have 3 fractures in my foot though so I can't do my usual 10-15 a day. I'm in great shape right now, but worried about not being able to keep it up due to this damn profile I'm on.

1996 Laser Red Mustang GT-Totaled October 2,2012
2000 Dark Blue Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC
2002 Honda F4i Black/Red
2000 Yamaha YZF-600R "Thunder Kitty"
2015 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SE
Carolina Crew #53
post #10 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Regular

Crossfit kicks me in the balls. Hard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #11 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM
eeeee!

Send a message via AIM to Genevieve!
Ive been seeing a personal trainer 2-3 times a week, doing some crazy weightlifting stuff. I tried a low carb diet and it made me feel like absolute shit, dizzy every time I stood up, bad mood all the time. etc.. so I quit that, I eat mostly clean, I'm human so I have the occasional junk food.. but whatever.
post #12 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM

I've been doing pushups everyday. I was going to a new gym but I stopped in August after vacation. I need to man up and go back. Its a 1 on 1 crossfit type gym. It really kicks your ass.

Quote:
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #13 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN alphadong11

I don't believe much of the low carb stuff. As long as your eating the good carbs and working out. Not working out and eating cupcakes and crap. Also working out it doesn't hurt to actually eat MORE calories.

Quote:
post #14 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Regular

Yeah I try to eat every few hours to keep my metabolism up. As long as I'm doing some sort of cardio along with lifting I stay pretty trim.
post #15 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
eeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNook View Post
Yeah I try to eat every few hours to keep my metabolism up. As long as I'm doing some sort of cardio along with lifting I stay pretty trim.
That has recently come under some debate, I've been trying Intermittent fasting to raise my metabolism, and its seems to be working for me, but "snacking" every few hours was doing nothing for me.
post #16 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve! View Post
That has recently come under some debate, I've been trying Intermittent fasting to raise my metabolism, and its seems to be working for me, but "snacking" every few hours was doing nothing for me.
Yeah everybody's body is different to a degree. But if you don't eat very often, your body thinks it needs to hold onto fat for it to function, therefore it does.
post #17 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
You had one job!

I've been training to run Tough Mudder the end of Oct. I lift 3 days a week. I'm getting in about 20 miles of running a week as well. On Sat mornings I take a boxing class just for a break in the cardio routine. Every other Wed i do a group session with a personal trainer, again just to break up the routine.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #18 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Yut Yut Devil Dog

Don't worry about eating low carb and don't waste your money on personal trainers.

Paleo is amazing. It's very easy to follow, and (since I have a CostCo membership) it ends up being MUCH cheaper than a normal household grocery day. Pretty basic breakdown of it, eat like people did in the paleolithic era, anything you can gather and hunt. So, every GRAIN is out. Fruits, vegetables and meat. That's it. It's so easy, and delicious. Feel way better than before when I ate everything I could get my hands on and lifted. Now lifting on Paleo it's night/day.

Military Crew USMC
YUT!
Quote:
post #19 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM
You had one job!

Quote:
Don't worry about eating low carb and don't waste your money on personal trainers.

Paleo is amazing. It's very easy to follow, and (since I have a CostCo membership) it ends up being MUCH cheaper than a normal household grocery day. Pretty basic breakdown of it, eat like people did in the paleolithic era, anything you can gather and hunt. So, every GRAIN is out. Fruits, vegetables and meat. That's it. It's so easy, and delicious. Feel way better than before when I ate everything I could get my hands on and lifted. Now lifting on Paleo it's night/day.

I use to think the same thing about personal trainers but they are good for teaching you different workouts that accomplish the same goal. I've been lifting for 15 plus years now and I used a personal trainer for the 1st time about 5 years ago. I enjoyed it so anytime I feel like im in a rut I'll do a few sessions with one to make it exciting again if that makes sense. Usually turns in to 4 or 5 sessions about every year and a half.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #20 of 2069 Old September 16th, 2013, 03:21 PM
eeeee!

I needed a personal trainer because I needed to be held accountable, I needed to have an appointment and DO IT or else I would never have started. Now I have made so many friends at the gym that its fun to go.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote:

Ive read there are different types of this diet as well, some of them includes potatoes? I dont know, I haven't really read too far into it, it seems pretty self explanatory to me though. My trainer put me on the low carb thing, and it killed me to not be able to eat all the fruits and vegetables that I craved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page