Western Style Work Boot Wearers: What's our Fav? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 60 Old September 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM
You had one job!

+1 on Ariats. I had a pair for 5 years working construction every day and they were great.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 Old September 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cum On Me Bro

My Chinese Red Wings are still going strong and haven't given me any problems. Really nice considering I got 90$ off of them through my girlfriend's boot allowance for work.

post #23 of 60 Old September 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Behold the black horse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alente View Post
I personally like Rocky and Redwing.

Redwing doesn't make a combat boot so I chose Rocky for my combat boots. Holds up aswell as my rocky work books. Both brands have lasted 3 yrs+working on a farm every summer.
I don't know much about cowboy booties but I've been trucking in a pair of Rockies for nearly 3 years and I cut meat in them for a year before that. There was a period last year for a month or two one of them squeeked when I walked and then the rubber part of the heel started coming off. I superglued it back on and they been stompin mud holes in asses ever since without a problem.

Premium, Electronics Pkg, 20" Shelby Razors/Nitto NT555, MGW Short Throw, Shelby LCAs, Shelby Coil Covers, GT500 Quad Tip Muffler Delete, Moroso Separator, MSD 2-Step, JPC Linelock, Raxiom Halo Fogs, MMD Hood Struts, BBR Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 60 Old September 19th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
Redwings the only work boots? Have you worked in nice boots like White's or Nick's or anything like that, 69?
Yeah, when I was working in the oil field, I wore about everything. Nothing was as comfortable, or as durable as Red Wings for me.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
post #25 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
eeeee!

Send a message via AIM to Genevieve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Remember my thread I posted over winter about new slip ons? Well I went with the Justins and they were wore out two months later. I'll never buy another pair of justins after how fast they wore out. I'll be going back to another pair of Redwings as soon as I can afford them. Probably come tax time I'll be getting a new pair of redwings.
My husband had a pair of slip on justins, and they also wore out extremely quickly. Also, the ones with the "foam" or whatever it is on the bottom, that shit wears out in certain areas really quickly, you gotta get the actual rubber soles.. He bought a pair of wolverine workboots and they are now officially due to be replaced, almost 2 years old and being worn 90% of the time. Not too bad.
post #26 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Yeah, when I was working in the oil field, I wore about everything. Nothing was as comfortable, or as durable as Red Wings for me.
Wow, that's surprising to hear, only heard good things about White's. I guess everyone's feet are different though, so it makes sense that some brands fit better than others for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

post #27 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 12:37 AM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
+1

Whenever I put my Red Wings on after taking off the shitty garbage boots the army issued me its like dipping my feet in silky refined goodness. Red Wings really needs to make boots for military wear, id buy a pair in a heart beat.
post #28 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Manthusiast

Garage
Why not buy a new pair green for garrison?
Hell look into the sv2s. Light and durable as hell. Awesome in the field. Esp if you have gore-tex lined ones.

1996 Laser Red Mustang GT-Totaled October 2,2012
2000 Dark Blue Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC
2002 Honda F4i Black/Red
2000 Yamaha YZF-600R "Thunder Kitty"
2015 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SE
Carolina Crew #53
post #29 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
Wow, that's surprising to hear, only heard good things about White's. I guess everyone's feet are different though, so it makes sense that some brands fit better than others for people.
I'm not saying Whites are bad at all. The Red Wings were just the best for me.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
post #30 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
I've always wanted to try a pair of Red Wings, but two things:

1. I can't find a pair that I like style-wise.

2. Whenever I think about 'putting on my red wings', that means something entirely different and perverted to me

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Nope they were not steel toe. I think they were the Stampedes or something. They weren't $250 boots or anything. They were like $120. But still, spending over 100 bucks on a pair of boots I want them to last at least a year. Im not overly hard on boots either by any means. I have a buddy who is a foreman for an excavating company, he burns through a NICE pair of boots in about 6 months. There Justin's I had would have last him two weeks MAYBE.

The redwings I had lasted me 5 years with pretty heavy use. A lot heavier than the Justins received anyway.

Have you ever tried a pair of Redwings Zip? They are definitely worth it. They are awesome and extremely comfortable. Thats another thing I didnt like about the Justins, they were not anywhere near as comfortable as my Wings were.

On a side note, I would try a nice pair of Ariat's.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Bellevilles /all

I still wear my Bellevilles, they are the best boots I ever had.

Thanks Derrick.

post #31 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Bo Baustin

Garage
loll
post #32 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

So upon googling around trying to find retailers for some of the boots suggested in here, I stumbled across a local store 30 seconds from me that sells the Canada West boot I know and love, that fits me like a glove. Go figure this guy has been in town for 17 years, but has no online presence, until recently when he was put into the online phone book directory or some shit like that. So I scored a pretty pair of Canada West steel toe/shank boots. Lined. SO COMFY!

However, I have given massive reps to all, and have found a LOT of cool boots I never knew about. I will one day own some Whites and some Rockys boots as well. Because boots.

Anyway. Went with these.

post #33 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM
The Boss is in

Those look pretty sweet! The lining looks amazing in them. I wonder how much it would be to get a pair shipped to America since I'm due for a pair with winter coming up.
post #34 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Those look pretty sweet! The lining looks amazing in them. I wonder how much it would be to get a pair shipped to America since I'm due for a pair with winter coming up.

These are them: Canada West Boots

You still in the Wolverine? I can probably set it up so that I can ship them to you from a parcel pick up place I use in Port Huron. Even if they don't do shipping, I could prolly stop at a FedEx or UPS store and do it that way. You paypal me the doll hairs, I buy the boots 30 seconds from my hoose, I take them to work, across the border, and ship them to you. Can't cost much to ship to you that way, Michigan to Michigan, methinks?

Boots aren't cheap. Hundred and seventy bucks, tax in.

post #35 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
You had one job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
So upon googling around trying to find retailers for some of the boots suggested in here, I stumbled across a local store 30 seconds from me that sells the Canada West boot I know and love, that fits me like a glove. Go figure this guy has been in town for 17 years, but has no online presence, until recently when he was put into the online phone book directory or some shit like that. So I scored a pretty pair of Canada West steel toe/shank boots. Lined. SO COMFY!

However, I have given massive reps to all, and have found a LOT of cool boots I never knew about. I will one day own some Whites and some Rockys boots as well. Because boots.

Anyway. Went with these.

Are you refering to the ones with all the fancy stripes in the corner?

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #36 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Are you refering to the ones with all the fancy stripes in the corner?

It's interesting that your eyes went right to those boots.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

And yes

post #37 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
'Murica

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
+1 on Ariats. I had a pair for 5 years working construction every day and they were great.
I have a pair of these and they are nice.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #38 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to Blank
i dont know about western style boots but i have some concorns that i use for work and they are awesome. they have composite toes so much better in the winter

2006 Mustang GT- RIP 10 March 2013
1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ- 3 inch lift and 33s.

"Shit when I was your age, I wanted to hump anything that got wet. (including a mop)"
-xXFallout
post #39 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
i dont know about western style boots but i have some concorns that i use for work and they are awesome. they have composite toes so much better in the winter

If you're outside a lot in the winter, you need some of these:

SmartWool socks.

Bass Pro SHops, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, all have them. With my heavy SmartWools and the lined Canada West boots, I don't have to resort to my hardcore Canadian winter boots until it gets down under 15F or so.

When you first see that it is $20 for ONE pair of socks, you may think "I would NEVER pay that much for one pair of socks."

... go buy a couple pairs. A lighter pair and a medium pair maybe, or a medium pair and a heavier pair, wear them for a bit.... then get back to me on whether or not the're worth it. Especially if you work outside. On top of being warm, they're incredibly comfortable, they last a longass time (wash inside out and let air dry), and despite the fact that they're seemingly too warm, they don't make your feet sweat in the summer, unless you accidentally put on the -40 heavy pair. lol

post #40 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
FBGM

I've never seen anybody wear any of these boots for doing actual work, personally I like wolverines, cost you an arm in a leg and I only wear them in the winter or when I need something other than a sneaker outside, my toes have never gotten wet or cold in them and I could wear them all day

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page