Western Style Work Boot Wearers: What's our Fav? - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
I've never seen anybody wear any of these boots for doing actual work, personally I like wolverines, cost you an arm in a leg and I only wear them in the winter or when I need something other than a sneaker outside, my toes have never gotten wet or cold in them and I could wear them all day
Wear any of which boots? The pull on/cowboy style work boot?

I don't know how many guys you've seen then; I've seen countless guys wear them doing actual work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM
FBGM

Well I ain't from around your parts, hard work around here is landscaping, maybe I never noticed because I don't care for them I personally like the lace up ones because it allows me to change how the feel depending on what I'm doing faym can prob attest to this but unforchantly my area is full of just rich people who pay someone to do everything instead of doing their own work. We rarely have anyone over our house unless it's something that there is no way in hell you would try to DIY it

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #43 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
Well I ain't from around your parts, hard work around here is landscaping, maybe I never noticed because I don't care for them I personally like the lace up ones because it allows me to change how the feel depending on what I'm doing faym can prob attest to this but unforchantly my area is full of just rich people who pay someone to do everything instead of doing their own work. We rarely have anyone over our house unless it's something that there is no way in hell you would try to DIY it
I've been working in the United States since before you were born. So yeah. lol

And everyone finds comfort in different boots. In the 30+ years that I've been working, I've never found a lace up boot that doesn't make my feet sweat like a pig.

And by the by. Common misconception. Not all truck drivers just hold a steering wheel. Of the 70+ hours a week I put in, I spend on the order of 25+ hours a week on my feet, on concrete pads, often out there in -40 temperatures. Stand on a concrete pad for 5 hours and get back to me after doing it for 20 years. And back when I hauled freight, I used to hand unload and load 48 and 53 foot trailers... 48,000+ pounds of freight a shot, by hand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master shit shoveler

Send a message via Yahoo to deedub97GT
i have these ariat work boots that i got for my 16th birthday (8 years ago) and they are still going strong. at the time i bought them they were used on farms and had a hard life. now they are just my daily wear boots. and by daily i meant all teh time i hate tennis shoes.

they have also kept me pretty safe over a few motorcycle wrecks.

edit: just noticed this thread is extremely off topic and that zip already got boots. so ignore my refrence! enjoy this girl in a bikini.

MILITARY CREW GSM2

Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!

Like old harleys? check out my build thread! -->75 rigid iron rebuild

i love throbbing meat
post #45 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedub97GT View Post
i have these ariat work boots that i got for my 16th birthday (8 years ago) and they are still going strong. at the time i bought them they were used on farms and had a hard life. now they are just my daily wear boots. and by daily i meant all teh time i hate tennis shoes.

they have also kept me pretty safe over a few motorcycle wrecks.

edit: just noticed this thread is extremely off topic and that zip already got boots. so ignore my refrence! enjoy this girl in a bikini.

Are those steel toe/shank work boots?

And I see your blond and raise you a tired brunette

post #46 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM

they are steel toed. just looked up the price of them today and they are about 190 bucks. damn lol. for that price they better last the better part of a decade.

MILITARY CREW GSM2

i love throbbing meat
post #47 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedub97GT View Post
they are steel toed. just looked up the price of them today and they are about 190 bucks. damn lol. for that price they better last the better part of a decade.
I hear that. I'm spoiled from the standpoint of my work pays for a new pair every year, because we spend so much time on our feet out in extreme temps, standing on concrete so much... so I'm not shook up if a pair wears out quicker than expected. Usually I keep an old pair for mowing the lawn and working around the house; most of the old ones that are 'worn', but not really bad I take to the Goodwill.

post #48 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM

these ones have put up with a few hard years of farm work. mudding hunting motorcye riding and wrecks. sliding around on concrete and such. i think they are great boots. when (and if) the soles wear out im just going to replace the soles. love these boots lol. i can stand in these for hours on end no shit. they are more comfy than my bates work boots i wear on the ship.

MILITARY CREW GSM2

i love throbbing meat
post #49 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:49 PM
IG: opiesvt

I know you're Canadian n all, but I've always used Red Wing work boots.

They be badass, mang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
And by the by. Common misconception. Not all truck drivers just hold a steering wheel. Of the 70+ hours a week I put in, I spend on the order of 25+ hours a week on my feet, on concrete pads, often out there in -40 temperatures. Stand on a concrete pad for 5 hours and get back to me after doing it for 20 years. And back when I hauled freight, I used to hand unload and load 48 and 53 foot trailers... 48,000+ pounds of freight a shot, by hand.
Ah, memories of unloading freight. Holy shit that was some work. Sporting goods, too... there were maybe 6 of us and we'd unload atleast 8 18 wheelers FULL of workout equipment. Weights, barbells, all sorts of benches...holy fuck, that was some work.

Oh yea, forgot about the ammunition. Anyone who hasn't picked up a box of ammo has no idea on how much a full pallet could weigh. Deer corn, too.
post #50 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM
You had one job!

That job sounds like its full of suck Watson

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #51 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM

It did...but in a way, I felt more accomplished at the end of each day than with any other job I've had.
post #52 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson View Post
I know you're Canadian n all, but I've always used Red Wing work boots.

They be badass, mang.

Ah, memories of unloading freight. Holy shit that was some work. Sporting goods, too... there were maybe 6 of us and we'd unload atleast 8 18 wheelers FULL of workout equipment. Weights, barbells, all sorts of benches...holy fuck, that was some work.

Oh yea, forgot about the ammunition. Anyone who hasn't picked up a box of ammo has no idea on how much a full pallet could weigh. Deer corn, too.
Yes sir. That's why I normally don't bother arguing with people when they talk about 'lazy truck drivers'... there certainly are a shitpile of those to be sure... but most of us bust our ass. Imagine pulling off that 50,000 pounds of freight after you've driven 10 hours and been awake for 20 to get the load there, only to have the receiver tell you "Yeah... you're responsible for unloading your own freight here."

Dog food. Used to deliver a LOT of dog food, big 40 pound bags. Sling 1350 of those suckers off after driving all night... fun! Forty pounds ain't much, right? Not really.

... now bang out 1300+ reps and get back to me.

post #53 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM
The Boss is in

Only the Walmart truckers just sit behind a wheel. Right Zip? Am a right?

Everyone knows theres gotta be a group of truckers you guys make fun of. We always used to pick on the Air force for being lazy so I assume you have a group of truckers you pick on too lol
post #54 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Only the Walmart truckers just sit behind a wheel. Right Zip? Am a right?

Everyone knows theres gotta be a group of truckers you guys make fun of. We always used to pick on the Air force for being lazy so I assume you have a group of truckers you pick on too lol
haha I hear ye.

Yes, there is always ball busting that goes around, more usually between the different areas, tanker work, flatbed guys, freight haulers, etc.

post #55 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM
The Boss is in

I know for a fact when the freight guy comes to our store he stands there and we unload his load, he gets a signature and off he goes. I know from actually watching shows on trucking that this isn't always the case though haha
post #56 of 60 Old September 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I've always wanted to try a pair of Red Wings, but two things:

1. I can't find a pair that I like style-wise.

2. Whenever I think about 'putting on my red wings', that means something entirely different and perverted to me

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Thanks Derrick.

Look man every man in their life gets their red wings , if not they are not a man...... anyways the 2 pairs of red wing Irish setters i have are the fucking bomb! I was a residential garbage man for 1 1/2 years running with those boots and never got a blister or anything. They are as comfortable as a pair of slippers and have the same platform as an army boot ( something i am used to).

I have had my 2 pair for 2 years now and am going to get a third sometime shortly. Awesomeness!

MILITARY CREW
EX-US ARMY SSG
post #57 of 60 Old September 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM
Behold the black horse...

Quote:
I know for a fact when the freight guy comes to our store he stands there and we unload his load, he gets a signature and off he goes. I know from actually watching shows on trucking that this isn't always the case though haha
It all depends on the contracts and how much a customer wants to pay. I can lift gate your 5k pound pallet off my trailer, drive my truck into a residential or construction site, bring it inside if you don't have a dock or sort and segregate your shipment but my company charges extra for all that stuff.

Premium, Electronics Pkg, 20" Shelby Razors/Nitto NT555, MGW Short Throw, Shelby LCAs, Shelby Coil Covers, GT500 Quad Tip Muffler Delete, Moroso Separator, MSD 2-Step, JPC Linelock, Raxiom Halo Fogs, MMD Hood Struts, BBR Antenna
post #58 of 60 Old September 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Regular

Zip, I see you got your boots. Did you check out Double H? I just got a pair of slip on w/steel toe model DH3551,check them out. They are made here in the USA!
post #59 of 60 Old September 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Damn that's a nice boot. Where were you before, dammit! lol

*bookmarked

post #60 of 60 Old September 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Sometimes, when I see the picture in your sig outta the corner of my eye, it looks like a dead body laying in a field.. the first time I saw it, I didn't notice it was a dog until later on that same day when I saw it for the 10th time.

But yea, those Double H boots are pretty badass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page