Totally Digusted With American Laziness, Obesity, and Lack Of Self Respect - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 147 Old September 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
Your guys are both right.

So le me get this straight Sir Shaun....you don't think that obesity in America has an effect on society on a whole? Is it isolated to only the person who is obese? Is American health and the abuse of social security and disability not a huge problem? You know easy it is to suck off the system these days? Everything is labeled as a disability from social anxiety, stress, to obesity because of laziness.
I don't think stress is labeled as a disability, neither is social anxiety. Disorder? Absolutely. I wasn't going to comment in this thread, but for some reason this comment rubbed me the wrong way. Is stress not worthy? What about the guy that watched his entire platoon die and now has PTSD? He's not worthy because it's not a disability in YOUR eyes?

Just saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 147 Old September 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I'm not talking about PSTD dude, lets not go there. I'm talking about the average person who melts when they go out in public. I'm talking about a criminal who is transgender allowed to carry a service dog into court for social anxiety, I'm not talking about soldiers.

This is a real life example, the person with the service dog I described above. Say hello to Barry "Stacie" Laughton. This is a picture of Stacie and his wife.

Not only is Laughton a convicted felon and a criminal, he also likes to call 911 and say there is a knife fight or other false report then watch the police arrive, and his is suspected of at least one suspicious fire that I dealt with. He is on disability for social anxiety and other reasons I'm sure, and when he makes his court appearances he is allowed to bring his "service" poodle with him. Give me a break. How can anybody support this kind of BS. This is the stuff I'm talking about when I say everything is a disability these days. I'm not talking about a soldier fighting for his country and seeing tragedy unfold in front of his eyes. It was funny how when Laughton began to run for political offices, the community where he lives now supported him and his cause. We want to make people feel good and the area felt good to call Laughton the first transgender state official. He was elected as a state representative and it was only when people who knew him saw this that his past was brought up.

Laughton was forced to resign.

Last edited by foxfive; September 30th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
post #103 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 12:26 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

I only got like mid-way through page 3.

On one hand, I totally feel for and understand the OP's perspective. I've had many the same thoughts myself.

On the other hand though, you don't know these people's stories, and to make such an assumption based on the fact that they are A) Fat, and B) in a power chair, is a little fucked up.

Now, if they are obviously disgusting, over eating slobs, then by all means, judge away. But if they're just rolling around and fat, then I would hold judgement.

Case in point: A close friend of mine had leukemia. Stage 4. Only had a little while left to live, less than 2 years or so. His doc ended up giving him two options, basically, be stuck in bed and waste away the last 2 years of life, or be put on drugs that made him swell up like a blimp, but not be bedridden on his way out, at least, not until the very end.

Guess which route he took? When he passed he weighed 415, and had gained almost 200 pounds in 2 years. He didn't give a fuck. He got to spend time with his friends, family, and loved ones before he went.

So yeah. There's that.

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Chicken Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
I'm not talking about PSTD dude, lets not go there. I'm talking about the average person who melts when they go out in public. I'm talking about a criminal who is transgender allowed to carry a service dog into court for social anxiety, I'm not talking about soldiers.

This is a real life example, the person with the service dog I described above. Say hello to Barry "Stacie" Laughton. This is a picture of Stacie and his wife.

Not only is Laughton a convicted felon and a criminal, he also likes to call 911 and say there is a knife fight or other false report then watch the police arrive, and his is suspected of at least one suspicious fire that I dealt with. He is on disability for social anxiety and other reasons I'm sure, and when he makes his court appearances he is allowed to bring his "service" poodle with him. Give me a break. How can anybody support this kind of BS. This is the stuff I'm talking about when I say everything is a disability these days. I'm not talking about a soldier fighting for his country and seeing tragedy unfold in front of his eyes. It was funny how when Laughton began to run for political offices, the community where he lives now supported him and his cause. We want to make people feel good and the area felt good to call Laughton the first transgender state official. He was elected as a state representative and it was only when people who knew him saw this that his past was brought up.

Laughton was forced to resign.
I can't help coming back to this post and staring at this creep in disgust. They both look to not be of sound mind OR body. Hell, they both look like the poster children for inbred's.
post #105 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Ok where do I begin. Again, I apologize for the length of this post... I REALLY suck at condensing thoughts.

First of all, let me make a few things clear:

Yes, obesity is an enormous problem in society.

Yes, there are an enormous amount of people with huge senses of entitlement that take advantage of lots of things in society.

Yes, there are lots of obese people in society who are lazy.

I do not hate Corey or any of the posters in this thread who are in agreement with him.

Clear? Good.

Here's where your initial post, Corey, and many, MANY of the following posts disgust me. The vitriol, the judging, the hatred... that's what is disgusting. I can visualize the lot of you now walking around in society, looking at fat people with disdain, feeling that disgust. Don't even lie to me and say that doesn't happen. Know it, seen it. If that's not happening, then this thread and many of the posts in it don't exist. This thread is proof of it.

What can I tell you. I was raised by a mother who taught me not to judge people in this manner. I was raised by a mother who taught me to be able to impart opinions and thoughts and facts without labeling and judging people in such a vile, hurtful, and... pointless and purposeless manner. I don't call people I don't know names. I don't assume anyone is lazy based of ANY facet of how they look or act from that ONE TIME I saw them. I was raised to understand this as well:

You have ZERO idea what that overweight person you saw has been through in their life. You have ZERO idea how they were raised, what they were taught, what they've encountered medically perhaps. None. Zero, zilch.

So here's the thing. My mother has battled obesity most of her adult life. So I've seen the looks, I've heard these asinine hateful hurtful comments before. But, how would anyone know that my mother was raised by a lunatic religious zealot mother who was in and out of insane asylums and by an abusive alcoholic father. How would anyone know what my mother has overcome. That from a young age she was responsible for feeding, bathing, clothing, getting off to school, her 3 siblings. Her reward for playing parent? Sometimes her father would wake her up at 2 in the morning, throw all the food in the fridge on the floor, and then make her clean it up, making her eat some of the food as she went along. How old is your daughter, Corey? This happened to my mother when she was 9 years old. Imagine that for a second. At dinner time, her lunatic religious zealot mother (when she was home from the mental hospital) would then force her to clean off her plate, no matter how full she was.

Tip of the iceberg of what she went through... issues with food? Yeah you better believe it. And she's battled it her entire life.

So if you were out and about, and you saw my four foot eleven, chain smoking, hunched over mother, hunched over walking from her car into the mall, and then plop down in a chair breathing hard... and your assumption would be that this is just another fat, lazy burden on society... hahahaahaha. Oh man.. do generalizations ever make people look like enormous misinformed assholes.

None of you in here would last 2 seconds alone in a room with my mother. She would destroy each and every one of you. Not with her body or physical strength. With her brain. Because while my mother has battled one area of her life, she has succeeded in every other area. And first and foremost, she improved her brain, her thinking, her knowledge. You will never, EVER, meet a person that is stronger, more honest, and more caring, than my mother. I know every guy... most guys, anyway, the ones that didn't come from an abusive household as my mother did, say this sort of thing about their mothers... I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. Do you ever wonder, if you're someone who has ever read my longer posts here on anything serious, if you've ever read any of the help I offer to people, do you ever wonder where I've learned to think? Where any of that came from?

It's ALL my mother. A portion of it is of course my own age and experiences in life as a man and a husband and a father, but make no mistake: It's ALL my mother. Somehow, my mother turned to books, to trying to improve her brain, her beliefs, to being a strong moral good person. To a person who takes no shit from anyone, but is able to facilitate that without tearing others down. She wanted to break the chain of dysfunction should she ever have children of her own. Thank fuck for me... who knows what life could have been like for me... well I do know it. Her brother and sisters never broke that chain. I see what my cousins, my uncle's kids and their kids go through... their lives are a COMPLETE train wreck, save for 1 cousin, my cousin Chris, who has turned into a good man and a good father with a heart of gold... guess who he turned to years ago for moral guidance and inspiration? It wasn't his own parents.

The reason I am able to move through life being direct and honest without judging people in a pointless juvenile hurtful manner is because of her. Ironic, isn't it? That my mother, so judged and put down her entire life by her own parents.... and by many others as she moves through life... would teach me to be this way. That she is this way with EVERY person in her life that gets to know her for more than a second.

My mother is 66 years old. Each year, her health becomes a bit more fragile, although overall her constitution is amazing. How she keeps going is beyond me. So aside from what she has given me personally as a son and a man, what else has she done in her life? Well, she divorced my father when I was 7 years old, when he refused to quit drinking and was going down a dark path. She didn't want me being around what she had grown up around. 200 bucks a month. That's what she took from my father, until the day I turned 18. She refused to get more from him just because she could. He was a firefighter- she could have gotten much much more. But she didn't want to hurt him in that manner- she wanted him to get better, even though the marriage was over. And ultimately, through giving him some good books to read, and through talking, my father overcame the drinking and what he was becoming and turned into a genuine sincere and good man, and has always been a good father to me since. She HELPED him, even though they were divorced. Never, and I mean NEVER ONCE, did my mother disparage my father to me. Even when I would ask her what happened with the marriage, she refused to tell me in detail until she felt I was old enough that I could understand facts without applying bias or hatred.

Interesting thought there, huh? Consider and apply facts without applying bias or hate or judgment. Interesting indeed...

So she moved us from a smallish city of a couple hundred thousand to a city of then 2.5 million people, and began to work 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to support us. Never once complaining, never once being too tired to talk to me, never cold to me, never distant when tired... always making time for me despite the insane work schedule. And boy, the things she taught me... amazing. Continues to teach me to this day. She also enjoyed her personal life, though, visiting friends elsewhere in the city, or at a cottage for a weekend, enjoying and studying philosophy, holding or attending conferences and debates on philosophy and life... that she would often have me in attendance for. Not that she would make me participate, I would just be around, listening if I chose...

Later in life, as I got older and met my wife when I was very young, 18, she began to grow interested in accounting and doing people's income taxes. She attempted to start a business with her brother, but alas, her brother, like almost all of the family, was too far gone from the dysfunction of the family to be able to act like an adult and to be able to be in business with. So she started working for a franchisee who owned a few income tax preparation outlets. Today, she has purchased that franchise, and has owned it since 2007, and she employs around 12 people. The number goes up and down as tax season comes and goes.... quite often I call my mother's house at 8 or 9 pm or on a Sunday, and she's not at home.. I call the 3rd line at work, and lo and behold, here is my mother at work... because she puts in 14 hours a day, 6 days a week, sometimes 7 at tax season. She puts in hours that shame people a third her age and half her size.

But boy, if you saw my mother hobbling around Disney World, and you didn't have a clue as to who she is or what she's been through or what she's done and what she still does... I could only imagine what people say about her weight.

So now let me ask all of you this: I guess you've never seen a skinny lazy person? I guess we've never encountered a skinny person who takes advantage of society, or of a system? We've never encountered a skinny person with a shitty attitude or an enormous sense of entitlement?

Give me a break.

So that's my mother. That's one overweight person, and obviously one of the most important people in my life. But I've known many overweight people in my life that are great people, hard working people. They battle that one area in their lives. So what do YOU battle in your life? Aside from being judgmental about people and taking shitty pictures of people you don't know? Or are you perfect? Don't bother giving me some bullshit either about how you at least acknowledge your problems and are trying to do something about it. You do understand that food can become an addiction to people, and that for many people it's not easy to overcome their personal demon? But I guess if YOU can do it, and someone else can't, it must mean they're a weak lazy piece of shit that you find disgusting.

So I know others, and being that I'm a truck driver, lots of the overweight people I know are drivers. And boy, do they take a lot of ball busting and this kind of judgmental bullshit. Except most of the guys I know who waddle around struggling with food and health... they fucking work SEVENTY hours a week, EVERY week... fucked up sleep patterns... working WAY more hours than many skinny people... which ironically becomes a contributing factor to their health and to overcoming that battle. And they would give you the shirt off their back, most of the guys I have in mind.

However, just like my mother, if you saw one of these enormous dudes at Disney World sitting on a bench huffing and puffing with a chili dog in his hand, again, I could only imagine the thoughts in your head, when you don't even fucking know the man and what he's been through or what he does with his life.

So here's the difference between people who judge like this, and me:

When we see the 400 pound truck driver sidle up to the buffet for plate number three, you think "What a lazy disgusting slob with no self esteem." I think "I wonder if that dude will ever win his battle. I hope he does one day."

Self esteem... by the way. If you think that being overweight means you have no self esteem... hahahahaa. I only wish I could put some of you from this thread in a room with my mother so she could just utterly destroy your inane thought processes on this.

Really guys? Are we saying that in shape thin people have self esteem and fat people have none? Are you kidding me? Some of the biggest judgmental jerk-offs in life are also the most musclebound. Thinking that they have life by the horns and that they have it all together because their physical being is in sound shape. Do you fucking honestly think that your physical being is the only thing in life that grants you access to well being, happiness, and self esteem? If you truly believe that, so be it. To each their own, I suppose. Never met a guy in shape who has absolutely ZERO self esteem?

So. At the end here, you (by you, I mean either Corey who wrote the OP, or any of the other posters who have written judgmental vitriol in this thread) may be inclined to now tell me "Well my message is harsh but it's the truth so too bad."

... that's fine. In my real life, I just separate myself from people like that. I have zero time (in fact I went back and forth in my head about even bothering to write this reply, but my mother would always remind me that when you see judgment it never hurts to try and respond to it with facts and reality)... zero time for people who talk this way. I cannot stand to be around people who look at others with disdain and make this kind of commentary on them. Don't for a second try and tell me about your 'message'. The thread is titled what it's titled, and the dialogue is that fat people have no respect and that you find them disgusting. If you can't impart your 'message' without that kind of vitriol, it isn't upon ME to figure out if your message is valid or not. I stopped giving a shit about your 'message' the minute disparaging judgmental words started leaving your mouth. You think I'm going to dig through your twisted disgust to find some twisted truths you claim to be espousing?

If you're walking through Disney World, and you become vapor locked on fat people to the point that you're taking pictures of them and posting them on line while you call them names and speak of them in the manner that you did here, when you should be having fun with your family, you have issues, Corey. I see people struggling with weight out and about trying to enjoy their day with their family.

Are some of these people taking advantage of a system? Yes, I have no doubt in my mind. What can I tell you. If that upsets you to the point that you wrote what you did here in the way that you did... you have issues, brother.

What do I mean when I say that, Corey? "Issues." It doesn't mean I'm calling you a waste of skin, or an asshole, or a bad father, or a bad person. It means: When it comes to how you view people without even knowing them, and how you respond to that view you formulated in your mind, that there is an issue with that.

Yes, if you post this stuff on facebook, on a public forum, with that kind of speak... you have issues, and I absolutely understand why some of your friends responded in the manner they likely did. Because they're right. What is disgusting isn't the fat people, it's what you wrote here and how you wrote it. I would NEVER want my daughter to see me writing in the manner that you did here. Harsh words from me here? Perhaps. Here's the difference. I'm writing to you, in response to you, about a subject in a thread that you created. I didn't take some pictures of you and/or go start making disparaging comments about you elsewhere.

Nobody would never read this kind of vitriol from me anyway. I simply don't judge people in that manner. It's very high school-esque to me, Corey, the way you took those pictures and combined it with the name calling. I wrote it before in this thread, and I'll say it as part of my closing statement here: If you care so much about physical health and your fellow Americans, then find a way to be positive with that message through the continuation of what you do with your personal life. That's all you can really do. Set an example, a positive one, for you, your family, your friends.... beyond that, if you care more, I don't know? Start a health club? Do something for people who struggle with weight? See if you can convey a message that doesn't contain vitriol about people you don't even know? Don't give me bullshit about 'the truth hurts and I don't sugarcoat things'... that is laughable, my friend. If you cannot convey an honest direct message without being a dick, then you shouldn't be conveying the message. To what end are you conveying a message? Is it to try and help someone or something? Or is it to just talk shit? If the message is supposed to have a purpose, guess what: your 'real talk' doesn't accomplish shit. All it does is inflame and divide. Aside from the other misguided people who 'agree' with you about fat people who think they have life and self esteem and happiness all figured out.

post #106 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday

Hummmmmmmmm....

From here to infirmary......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
post #107 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

You made a lot of good points there Zip. My mother actually sounds a lot like yours. I was not brought up to have the feelings I have, at least not by my Mom. My mom would probably not be happy with my thread. My mom is overweight and has been my entire life. I wasn't raised in a normal household there were many arguements between my mom and dad, and yes my dad did call my mom names in front of me. These names had to do with her weight. My mom is 70 now. She raised me from the age of 14 when my parents divorced. The funny thing is my mom has spent her whole life taking care of and helping people. She started off working with mentally handicapped people in "state schools". She then spent the majority of her life working with Juvenile's, before now semi retiring as the Principal of a residential facility for Juvenile Delinquents and YDC. She now runs the adult education program at a local high school helping people get there GED's. She is a very smart hard working lady. She has a bachelor's, and three masters degrees. I love my mom and she has always done everything for me. That being said I would be lying to say I don't have an issue with her weight. I have seen her go through open heart surgery, and also develop diabetes. The one thing about my mom that I still can't understand or grasp the concept of, is she will never give up on anybody. I have a sister with drug and other issues. Much of the reason for my mothers weight is she is what I would call a "comfort eater". She stresses out, she eats. The large majority of stress in my mother's life was caused by my sister. My mom knows this and my sisters behavior has spilled over onto my oldest niece, who no only is one of the laziest people I know, but she is manipulative and steals from my mom. My mom refused to accept this and continues to help her out. For that reason I have no use for my sister and haven't talked to her in years. Same with my niece who recently got picked up on a DWI, has close to a hundred letters from DMV for running tolls, who hasn't held a steady job at 21 years old, and who if you told her to clean up her act would respond by saying "what evvvv". I really have no use of either of them.

Another reason I may look at somebody in a cart and automatically have a judgement, because I think to myself why would somebody not take care of themselves. My brother was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis when he was 12. This is the disease that Mick Mars from Motley Crue has. It basically deteriorates all your major joints. By the time my brother was in his mid twenties he had to have two hip replacements. All his joints in his body are fusing together. He is forced to inject remicade into his abdomen and wear pain patches just so he can move and function. Despite this he has become one of the best body men and custom painters around. He works 70 hours a week crawling around working on cars, painting etc. In the morning he can barely move. All his joints are spent. A few years ago he ended up in intensive care after getting an infection in his leg. They had to take out one of his hips and put in a block while he healed. He then had to get another replacement. He came close to dying, I went to the rehab, cut his hair, shaved him etc. I watched him battle back. The kid never took disability, he could easily be on it. He makes 120K+ working in pain. If my brother went to Disney he would drag his ass across the ground before he rented a cart.

My other good friend and ex co worker is currently battling cancer. He never had a good prognosis and is now having issues with his liver. This is a guy who was an 1000 point scorer in college, a pilot, and one of the nicest guys I know.

When I see somebody obese and on disability I automatically think of people like my brother or my buddy Mark, who don't have any choice about there health. I may have issues for feeling this way but while you are right that some people with obesity have a story behind it, not all the people who are obese have a story.

Believe it or not I would help any of these people if asked. That being said I have had talk with people about there weight and what they could do to improve themselves and it has not worked. I used to talk to alcoholics and drug users when I had contact and arrested them, but after finding many of them dead months or years later, I no longer do it. I dragged a guy from a bathroom a few years ago who overdosed on heroin. They gave him narcan and where able to save him. About three months after I was bringing my daughter to a softball game and the guy's niece was there. The guy was helping out with practice and at one point giving my daughter instruction on techniques. The guy was a standout baseball player. If I was the judgemental prick that some think I am, I would have gone to the coach and said I didn't want this drug user around my daughter. He had also been arrested for other crimes over the years. No I didn't, I gave him a chance thinking maybe this guy cleaned up his life. Well two months the guy overdosed on heroin and died.

When you see issues that society doesn't see, or don't come from the perfect family sometimes you do become negative, and that sometimes leads you to become judgemental.

While my views to the abuse of the disability system and obesity do to personal choice(overeating) will probably never change, I will work on not trying to judge and lump everybody into one category. I have come to the realization I owe the people that much.
post #108 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
Regular

Unzippee...Well said, thank you.

Greg

Bama tune, Exhaust modded, Custom rear air diffuser, FRPP 4.10s, welded axle tubes, BMR Drag Race Package (Level 2), BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Weld S71 15X9.25
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 315/60R15, JPC Line Lock... more to come
post #109 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Corey I have no doubt of your genuineness, and that you would help anyone in need, Corey. That comes through in all your other posts. I just strongly disagree with your generalizing and characterizing people with obesity, and in your labeling of them all as slobs or lazy or as having no self esteem. That simply isn't true.

You may look at someone and wonder why they aren't taking care of themselves. That is a just and legitimate concern. But where it goes off the rails is when you assume that anyone who isn't doing so just because they're lazy or don't care. Are their people like that? Of course.

But what if someone is successful in every other facet of life? What if they've worked hard for the first 20, 30 or more years of their life? What if they are, like you, a good person who cares about others, but they can't find a way to improve their physical health?

...if that disgusts you to the point that you present your fellow human beings in the manner that you did here, then yes, I fully understand why some of your friends on Facebook reacted the way they did, because it makes me feel the same way. Just because you or anyone else is able to overcome their obesity or even a disability doesn't make the next person who has thus far been unable to do so any of the things that you've called them here. And it certainly shouldn't be something that fills you with angry disgust.

You don't have to be rude, crude, or judgmental to make points or to have an effect on people's lives. Nobody is talking about letting people off the hook and ignoring truth, by the way, and I'm certainly not insinuating that those who abuse the system shouldn't be taken to task. IE, riding around on a power cart if they don't need it, etc. I speak to my mother about her health from time to time, but ultimately, Corey, it's her life to live, and her road to travel. If she's been a great person her entire life, and is happy, who am I to say what she has to do with her physical being? If she dies happy tomorrow, should I be angry that she died 10 or 15 years too early perhaps, or should I be happy that she overcame a lot of bullshit in her life and despite her battles, that she never judged others and only sought to lift others up? I choose the latter.

I understand that you see issues that the rest of society doesn't see, and moreover see those issues way more often than the general public does. But perhaps that's why you also need friends that help keep your perspective in check with honest unbiased dialogue. It's ok to check it and move forward... if you wind up feeling the same way, so be it. If you wind up approaching something differently, that's ok too. Even if you don't change... like I said. If you speak in this manner, I will always have something to say about that; it's how I was raised. But fortunately because of those lessons learned, I understand middle ground on things like this, and I don't know everything you've experienced and felt and learned in life, and as such I don't make the leap from "Wow I think Corey's being an asshole on this issue" to "Corey is a bad person and I hate him."

post #110 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
FBGM

See my problem is people that abuse the system or are assholes, I had a women today on a power scooter not fat just older, I opened both doors and she thanked me a bunch and said have a wonderful day. I've held doors open for people like that and they don't even give me the curtosey of a passing glance, but with anything there will always be an asshole in the group

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
post #111 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I understand that you see issues that the rest of society doesn't see, and moreover see those issues way more often than the general public does. But perhaps that's why you also need friends that help keep your perspective in check with honest unbiased dialogue. It's ok to check it and move forward... if you wind up feeling the same way, so be it. If you wind up approaching something differently, that's ok too. Even if you don't change... like I said. If you speak in this manner, I will always have something to say about that; it's how I was raised. But fortunately because of those lessons learned, I understand middle ground on things like this, and I don't know everything you've experienced and felt and learned in life, and as such I don't make the leap from "Wow I think Corey's being an asshole on this issue" to "Corey is a bad person and I hate him."

That is one of the reasons I like this forum. This will stick with me.
post #112 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Also, kudos to you for not turning this into a flame-fest the moment there is strong disagreement. I wish more of the world was able to debate more serious shit without getting so bloody angry. Everyone wants the world to be a better place... yet it's amazing how quickly many of those people instantly resort to ad hominem attacks and mindless insults the minute someone says "Wow, really think you're off base here."

You know? Tell me you think I'm being an asshole, fine... but holy shit, if you can't then take five seconds to explain why without continuing to curse me out along the way, how about just not saying anything in the first place? lol

post #113 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post

Also, kudos to you for not turning this into a flame-fest the moment there is strong disagreement. I wish more of the world was able to debate more serious shit without getting so bloody angry. Everyone wants the world to be a better place... yet it's amazing how quickly many of those people instantly resort to ad hominem attacks and mindless insults the minute someone says "Wow, really think you're off base here."

You know? Tell me you think I'm being an asshole, fine... but holy shit, if you can't then take five seconds to explain why without continuing to curse me out along the way, how about just not saying anything in the first place? lol
Hahaha, no I expected to get some heat. I posted it for discussion and if I did it again I probably wouldn't have posted the pictures, or just maybe a picture of an empty power cart. If everybody agreed right off the bat when a discussion is started, it wouldn't be a discussion.... it would just be a group of people playing slap and tickle.

I really find this place the best way to get meaningful input on different topics.
post #114 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Haha yes we should be Modded DeepthoughtStangs

post #115 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
better than clockWise

Quote:
Haha yes we should be Modded DeepthoughtStangs
only an admin could do something like that

post #116 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Not sure how AutoGuide would react to me changing the forum's name

post #117 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Haha yes we should be Modded DeepthroatStangs
Seems more fitting.

post #118 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Administrator

fap

post #119 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM
All Homo All The Time

Ive put on 20lbs since I quit dipping. I now run 1 mile every other day and watch what I eat,lost 15lbs so far. I started to drink every night after I quit dipping, I now only drink no more than 3 drinks on Fri and Sat only. Its called effort, its easy to give up and continue with what you are doing. Change it hard but its worth it for your health. Fat acceptance is fucking retarded and disgusting.
post #120 of 147 Old October 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
Fat acceptance is fucking retarded and disgusting.

This statement is ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/326874-totally-digusted-american-laziness-obesity-lack-self-respect.html
Posted By For Type Date
obesity and laziness - forum post review | BoardReader This thread Refback December 1st, 2013 04:29 PM