*NSFW Vehicular Dilemma (self created problems lol) - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
Sell everything -> Focus ST!
Friend has one. Thing is dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I was going to trade my Mustang in a few years ago. Literally got choked up when I was standing there with the doors open, trunk open, getting ready to take everything out of it. I couldn't do it. Food for thought. Decide which you love more. I've sold a vehicle I wish I never had, and that's a regret you don't get back. It isn't about how fast it is- unless that's what you truly care about. But if you're attached to the car, you're attached to it. That's what makes us car guys car guys, and is why we're here. For most of us, these are not just cars to us. They are part of us. If you don't feel that way, sell the Mustang. But only you can answer that. Go sit in the car and truly contemplate visualizing the moment it leaves your driveway and your hands. Are you cool with that? If so, fine. Many guys are, and will enjoy another Mustang just as much or maybe even more. Sometimes though, a particular vehicle resonates with us, and it's not an easy thing to explain.

As for the TDI.

Looking at an extra 50 bucks an oil change over a gas engine, but intervals are much longer. Timing belt every 60K miles or so, depending which belt you buy. There are cheaper ones and better ones. That's about a 500 dollar to 1000 dollar job. You can replace the entire engine in this thing for 1200 bucks. Most things are pretty cheap on it... save for the injection pump, which is very pricey. As for the car itself, it's like most compact cars. Part are cheap enough, shit is more expensive when bought/installed at a dealership. I will say so far in my only 2 visits to VW that they don't fuck around with maintenance... but you do pay through the nose for it.

Brake pads for the car, for example, 20 bucks front and rear. 30 if you want the better quality pads. lol. Calipers? 50 front, 75 rear. 100 bucks for a front strut. Ditto for the rear. Even less if you want the cheapo version. Lower control arm is 70 bucks. Front wheel bearing? 90 bucks.

So. With most used cars, a lot of it is luck of the draw combined with how smart you are when you shop more than what kind of vehicle you actually by. You try to find something that doesn't have a bazillion miles on it, that hasn't had 19 owners, that wasn't smacked up, has some maintenance records... I also don't buy cars that have a fart can on them, or other silly teenager mods... gives you a pretty good idea that the car was rode hard. If I'm looking for a Honda Civic, and it's been lowered with a light kit underneath it and a fart can sticking out the back... not buying that car. Won't even go look at it. I also won't buy a car that hasn't had undercoating put on it. A little surface rust on a beater at the bottom of a rocker panel, door edge? Ok... if the rest of the car is clean and well maintained, that's just bargaining power for me. If I open the hood, or climb under the car and see surface rust slathered on everything, you know the type I mean... everything is dry and corroded, you can tell that the vehicle was obviously never undercoated or oil sprayed... walk away. And you can usually tell when a car still feels tight, looks clean, and was driven normally.
Thanks for all the info. Was looking into the TDI's. Can pick an 02 mode up for 5 grand. Now just have to find one that isn't molested like Kim Kardashians kooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
You can sell the truck and the bike and get a used Subaru as mentioned. You don't need a turbo'd model. I got my wife a impreza NA and it's AWD and gets 22-25 city MPG. You can find pretty good deals on them if you look.

I'd keep the Mustang as it has sentimental value and the fact you'll prolly hate it if you sell it.
A friend of mine has a base imprezza. Not a fan of it. Everything just feels off to me when I drive it. Can't really describe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebandit! View Post
Have you confided in your pigeon friend?

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Retired MM Ninjas

Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
Dude, agreed on the shitty drivers and roads.

What bike do you have?

Also an option. Seems like the most simple option but I kind of want to get something FWD/AWD as I tend to give my car out to people who would have no idea how to drive a rwd in the snow. Almost everybody I would give my car out to has a FWD car/SUV.
2009 Harley FXDF

2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ-The daily
2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE- H/C/I, MGM Shifter, Kooks LT's, Kook's mid pipe, Flowmaster 44's, 4.10 gear, 315 Nitto NT05R, NX Express kit, 150 pill, 5% tint
post #23 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Hardcore Devotee

The truck sounds like it's ready to fall apart and become a money pit. I would sell that and the bike if you're really attached to the mustang. Use the funds to buy an awd car or small pickup. You will probably be better off and still might escape without a car payment.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #24 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Still slow.

I'm selling my jeep, and I picked up a focus. Cheaper, fuel injected, better on gas/insurance and much warmer in the winter.

I'd sell your truck and just get a beater, don't sell the mustang because it might feel slow now, but drive a little 4 banger for a week then get in your mustang and tell me how it feels.
post #25 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
One Man Wolf Pack

Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT
I would sell the bike and the truck and even use some of mom and dad's money if they want to drive it also to pick up a small pickup or SUV like a Ranger or an Escape. I like having the utility of a truck/SUV. I hate having to borrow somebody's vehicle if I need to haul something of any size.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #26 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker

Garage
Sell the truck and bike, get another truck, SUV, or car. Keep the mustang.

Escapes are good little SUVs. Mine is an 03 with 105,000 miles; picked it up for $4500. 4WD, V6, 25 mpg highway, plenty of cargo room. The CD4E trans is a little wonky, though.
post #27 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Banned

Sell truck, buy Crown Victoria for $2-$2500.
post #28 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

Why not repair the truck? Sounds like most is simple.
post #29 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM
better than clockWise

I need more of the girl in the last pic before I help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #30 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
MM Fanatic

Order it with pepperoni and sausage on one half and just cheese on the other. Get Parmesan crust on the whole thing though. Get 6 wings and breadsticks. Oh ya, and get a 2 liter of root beer.

I honestly cant remember the questions after the gifts.

Thats my best advice. Thanks so much for the gifts! The red head is super hot!

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #31 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Keep the Mustang, sell the bike and the truck. Pick up a reliable 4WD pickup or small SUV. I just picked up a Jeep Cherokee Classic for a DD. They are bulletproof.
post #32 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
I was going to trade my Mustang in a few years ago. Literally got choked up when I was standing there with the doors open, trunk open, getting ready to take everything out of it. I couldn't do it. Food for thought. Decide which you love more. I've sold a vehicle I wish I never had, and that's a regret you don't get back. It isn't about how fast it is- unless that's what you truly care about. But if you're attached to the car, you're attached to it. That's what makes us car guys car guys, and is why we're here. For most of us, these are not just cars to us. They are part of us. If you don't feel that way, sell the Mustang. But only you can answer that. Go sit in the car and truly contemplate visualizing the moment it leaves your driveway and your hands. Are you cool with that? If so, fine. Many guys are, and will enjoy another Mustang just as much or maybe even more. Sometimes though, a particular vehicle resonates with us, and it's not an easy thing to explain.
Shit... I guess I'm never getting rid of my ride. We've been through a lot. Including the weathers.
post #33 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
I saw the pictures and forgot what I just read.

Oh yeah, Cash for Clunkers. Are they still doing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #34 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Cruising the backroads

Oh, perfect for you. Dildo with wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
You only got one nom nom. One nom or two nom nom. Only one nom.
GO GO POWER RANGER!
post #35 of 43 Old November 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
MM's V6 Hater

Sell the truck and mustang. Buy a 365 day car with the profit. Don't take out a loan or use parents money. When your done with school, buy a newer 5.0

2013 GT
2016 F150
post #36 of 43 Old November 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravik View Post
Sell truck, buy Crown Victoria for $2-$2500.
Whats with you and Crown Vics?

they are rear wheel drive cars that suck in the winter and suck on gas. All the qualities of a car, without the benefit of gas mileage like other cars

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v606er View Post
I saw the pictures and forgot what I just read.

Oh yeah, Cash for Clunkers. Are they still doing that?
No they are not, and thank god they aren't.
post #37 of 43 Old November 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

Quote:
This. I miss the hell out of my Mustang. I know that logically, it was the best thing to do at the time, as it started getting to the point that unless I wanted to spend 5k+ to fix everything on it, it wasn't going to make it another year without killing me or leaving me stranded.

But I'll be damned if I don't miss her to death. I knew every inch of that car inside and out, I spent countless hours busting my hands up working on it, far too many paychecks buying parts for it, etc. I could outdrive most people in it, not because it was terrifically fast or it handled all that well, but because I knew precisely what it could and could not do. I both pulled in and lost women over it. People knew me because of it, I was always "the guy with the orange Mustang".

One day, I'll own another one. I like my G6, but it's just not the same as that haggard pony was.

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
post #38 of 43 Old November 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Thanks guys. Will ponder and make a decision soon.

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
post #39 of 43 Old November 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
I love my little ranger with your budget you can get one with 4x4 and low miles.
post #40 of 43 Old November 18th, 2013, 11:40 PM
11.5:1 or GTFO

Sell the bike and your truck, keep the Mustang. How many times do you ride the bike? I have thought long and hard about buying a bike this winter but it just isn't worth it, I would ride a lot but just the thought of being even more liable to be hurt on the road, and me being the idiot I am, would get in a shit ton of trouble.

Sell everything and buy a diesel truck

03 Mustang GT- Traded
2011 Premium Kona Blue 5.0: On3 Twin 60s
2006 Blue Granite Silverado 1500: Leveled, Fuels, 33s

Instagram: treysonm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page