My build! - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old November 26th, 2013, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My build!

Well I have finally gathered enough parts to start my build. I have an 02 GT with 3.73 gears,BBK cai,MGW shifter,autometer luner series gauge cluster and flowmaster mufflers. I thought it needed a little more motivation. I am off this week for Thanksgiving so here is what she is getting this week.

Dragon plenum and 75mm TB
Vortech V2 S-Trim S/C with 3.33 pulley
SVT Focus fuel pump
42lb injectors
VMP Blow-through 75MM MAF housing and SCT BA5000 MAF sensor
BBK shortie ceramic headers.
X pipe
SCT tuner
Stage 2 water/meth system

Not sure what the numbers will be after a good tune. I guess I will soon find out. The hard part is finding a dyno tuner in my area. Here are a few pics of the car. I am also changing the tags. It is supposed to look like blacked out but it looks like biked out. Oh well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	matts 006.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	61474   Click image for larger version

Name:	matts 003.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	61482   Click image for larger version

Name:	matts 009.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	61490   Click image for larger version

Name:	matts 008.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	61498   Click image for larger version

Name:	matts 010.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	61506  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old November 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
a.k.a. Racecougar

Build threads belong here: Projects Forum

Rod @ AzzKicker Cars

2004 Ford Mustang GT-The Driver-BBK CAI, PP TB & Inlet, Steeda UD's, SLP LM1, & 3.73's.
1990 Mercury Cougar XR7-The Meth Addict-5.0L DOHC Stroker w/2.1L KB SC.
1995 Ford F150-Mud Toy-5.0L, 4x4, 33's, & Warn 8274 Winch
post #3 of 13 Old November 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Could a mod please move this to the projects forum for me ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old November 26th, 2013, 01:40 PM
needs more boost

looks like a nice build man! should be a fun car when it's all done

Just a supercharged 2v
post #5 of 13 Old November 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am going to do a search and see what kind of numbers this combo is making. I am pretty it is a fairly common build. I am really curious to see the numbers with and without the water/meth setup.
post #6 of 13 Old November 27th, 2013, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I need some advice.I am going with a blow through MAF system. However I had not planned on running an intercooler since I would be running a water/meth system. I went with a blow through because I had been told and read that are more accurate and better tune ability. Now I am hearing that I will not have enough piping to use the blow through without going with an intercooler. Is this true? Here is the information on my MAF. I read it and sounded exactly like what Ineeded. Did I make the wrong decision?

VMP Blow-through 75MM MAF housing and SCT BA5000 MAF sensor
Part Number: BA75MM is a package which includes VMP housing and the new SCT BA5000 Slot Style Sensor, good for 250-700RWHP, use larger tube more range. See option details below.

Options:
For installing on pre-05 vehicles

Add 05+ 6 wire MAF pigtail, requires soldering
Add VMP 05 MAF plug and play harness for 94-98 V8 or 94-04 V6 (uses 05 MAF's built-in IAT)
The ultimate MAF for blow-through applications! Great for Procharger, Vortech, Powerdyne, and custom Turbo Kits. Works great on any year MAF based vehicle from Fox bodies to 2008s. This sensor in a 75MM housing gives enough range for most applications making 650RWHP or less.

The 05+ slot-style MAF sensor has been found to work great when used in blow-through (MAF after the compressor). It provides a clean and stable signal, resulting in better driveability, better fuel economy and consisent WOT air to fuel ratios. The 05+ slot style sensor can be used on Fox bodies with an EEC-4 and 96-04 vehicles with an EEC-5. Blow-through is the best way to go for forced induction applications (excluding roots blower designs). The vehicle will be more responsive and easier to tune when the MAF sensor is close to the engine, many suck-through supercharger kits place the MAF 3-9 feet away, which results in many driveability problems. With a blow-through MAF the BOV/BPV may be vented to atomsphere to reduce heat soak on non-intercooled applications.

We designed this MAF housing specifically for blow-through applications. It is 8" long to straighten the air as it passes by the sensor. Both ends are designed to accept a ~3" silicone coupler, grooves are machined into the tube to prevent hoses from blowing off. It is annodized silver. The VMP housing is a true 3"/75MM ID for maximum range, other products on the market use a 2.8" ID tube, the smaller ID can cost you nearly 50RWHP worth of MAF sensor range.

Bigger is not always better!, the 05+ MAF sensor works best in a 3" housing, going to a 3.5" tube severely reduces signal quality, a 4" tube makes the signal quality unbearable. Most intercooler pipes are only 3" anyways, having a huge MAF housing will not improve flow through a system if all the other parts are smaller.

Recomended power range: 250 RWHP - 800 RWHP
post #7 of 13 Old November 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am going to call VMP tomorrow and talk to them about the MAF that I bought from them. If it is not going to work for what I am doing I am going to see if I can send it back and trade it for a different one. Really don't want to fool with adding an intercooler.
post #8 of 13 Old November 29th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Regular

Id say with your setup you could go either way. Length of piping should not matter blow thru is blow thru! And draw thru is draw thru! As for my car car I've always had better luck tuning with blow thru setup. I have the slotted style maf

Stroked & Turbocharged
post #9 of 13 Old November 29th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Regular

I had blow throw on my 05 mustang and it is loud! you hear a loud sucking noise at idle but the bov sound is sweet with a supercharger. I did run a fmic, had great intake temps. I also ran meth too.

IF your not boosted then your not livin.
post #10 of 13 Old November 30th, 2013, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My maf is the slot style also. I had a lot of people telling me that I could not run the blow through because it wasn't intercooled and would not have enough room to mount everything. I hope I can get everything together and running right. I am having a real problem finding a reputable tuner near by. That is going to be a big problem.
post #11 of 13 Old December 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well I got the Dragon intake and 75mm TB installed over the weekend. I looks great. I have not had a chance to drive it to see if I can tell a difference or not because of bad weather. It does have a little whistle when you barely crack the throttle. Form what I can find that is pretty normal. I am hoping to get everything else installed over the holidays. Then off to the dyno. I will get some pics this weekend.
post #12 of 13 Old February 19th, 2014, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Finally looks like I am getting my build off of the ground. I am in touch with a fellow member that may be able to help me get the work done! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I did decide to ditch the water/meth kit and go with a nintercooler setup. I also am going with 60# injectors and a 320lph fuel pump to accomodate future upgrades.
post #13 of 13 Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Regular

any updates??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page