SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 Old January 4th, 2014, 05:22 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
I dont mind snow, for about the first week or two, snowmobileing is alot of fun but clearing off the driveway makes me want to shoot myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM

Right now we're sitting at -15* F with 15 mph winds and 25 mph gusts (my house is on top of a hill so it's blowing hard). The original forecast was for 12+ inches of snow. We ended up getting a rain/snow mixture all day and then it turned into about 3"-4" of snow during the night.

This morning I wake up and decide that the steep hill part of the driveway needs shoveled. I get dawn my pants, snow pants, t-shirt, flannel shirt, jacket, coat, hat, gloves, wool socks, and boots. Then I proceed to head out into what I have now deemed, "The Canadian Invasion". I walk out of the garage and expect to be hit in the face by the cold, but it's not too bad. It's cold, but not like an OMG I feel like I'm going to die cold.

I walk about 350' to the hill and start to shovel. Immediately I feel the snot in my nose starting to freeze to the hairs. It's an interesting feeling as every time you move your nose you feel all the hairs. I take a couple shovels and below the approximately 12" of blown snow is about 3" of slush that is heavy. It's not frozen because the snow has insulated it. Once it's buried, it immediately freezes to the shovel and refuses to release. I keep working and about 1 hour into the ordeal, I cannot breath from my nose because the snot in my nose has frozen. I breath out my mouth. The condensation immediately freezes to my beard and eyelashes. After 1.5 hours, I finished and went to take a picture of myself but my phone said it was too cold and turned off.

It's obviously cold outside, but it really didn't feel that bad. If I would have thrown on a neck gator to cover my face, I could spend the whole day outside.

post #43 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I don't know what the hell is going on here. We got a foot of snow and it was 10-20 below zero for a few days after. Now it is 40 and pouring rain only to be dropping below zero tonight. I'm pissed, it's washing away all my snow WTF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
After 1.5 hours, I finished and went to take a picture of myself but my phone said it was too cold and turned off.
Haha, glad I kept my old shitty phone. It's made it through the weather like a trooper.

I was thrilled the truck started this morning, and I had a similar experience with facial hair freezing up. Not fun.

All this after a week of nearly 3ft worth of snow and subzero temperatures in WNY. I am getting sick of shoveling, that's for sure.
post #45 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Needs moar meat

Garage
Took 2 hours for my dad and I to free up our driveway, even with the snow blower. Gonna have to get at it again later tonight/tomorrow morning since it's STILL coming down hard.

'03 Sixxer - RIP
'02 GT Premium - Here come the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
SEND THE COPS! THE FAT ONE IS TRYING TO EAT THE LITTLE ONE!
post #46 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 07:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt
its quit snowing here,now the cold has set in,this old house is starting to feel it to,,,time for some more coal

post #47 of 50 Old January 6th, 2014, 10:47 PM
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
I don't know what the hell is going on here. We got a foot of snow and it was 10-20 below zero for a few days after. Now it is 40 and pouring rain only to be dropping below zero tonight. I'm pissed, it's washing away all my snow WTF.

You must be somewhere in that white region right?

2015 Mustang GT/PP Autocross Build Thread:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-pp-build.html
post #48 of 50 Old January 7th, 2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
Haha, glad I kept my old shitty phone. It's made it through the weather like a trooper.

I was thrilled the truck started this morning, and I had a similar experience with facial hair freezing up. Not fun.

All this after a week of nearly 3ft worth of snow and subzero temperatures in WNY. I am getting sick of shoveling, that's for sure.
The good news is that it's supposed to be around 40 by Thursday and whatever didn't get shoveled will melt.

I only shovel the front part of my driveway because if I just run over it then it turns to ice and the wife's car cannot get up the hill (the Jeep has no issues).

post #49 of 50 Old January 7th, 2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey11 View Post

You must be somewhere in that white region right?
Looks like a brain.
post #50 of 50 Old January 7th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Needs moar meat

Garage
It's stopped snowing here. Just insanely cold. It's making for some seriously awesome winter drifting though.

'03 Sixxer - RIP
'02 GT Premium - Here come the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
SEND THE COPS! THE FAT ONE IS TRYING TO EAT THE LITTLE ONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page