my brother wrecked our car last night - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 57 Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Regular
 
NUTCASE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 337
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I always get a kick out of Monday morning QBs that say this, and frankly, it's absurd. First off, because you don't hear of the thousands and thousands of cars that successfully swerve and avoid damage.

Secondly, it's pretty easy to say not to swerve the next day, when you're not behind the wheel. I wrecked a beautiful 69 Mustang because a deer just appeared 10' in front of me, and I swerved out of pure reflex. Sometimes it's not so easy to not swerve.

Or how about a girl I went to high school with that hit a deer in a Camaro, who spent a month in the hospital having reconstructive surgeries of her face, after the deer came through the windshield? That sounds fun. I'm thinking she should have swerved.


Plowing through a deer isn't always the best choice, and sometimes, it just doesn't happen. When one jumps in front of you, all you can hope for is to quickly process the situation, and make an instant reaction, and hope you do the right thing. Telling people it's better to hit the deer isn't always going to be the best.

This Monday morning QB HAS hit a deer before. and has also had several close calls with deer and other animals before.

you also don't hear about all the accidents that involve a guy swerving to avoid a deer and hitting a parked car on the side of the road (happened to another car of mine.)

A deer will give. As a matter of fact my car picked it up and carried it about 30 feet before depositing it under the front tire. a tree, jersey wall, ditch, ect will not give. yes its a chance kind of thing that the deer will jump up and go over the hood, but it is that, a chance thing. I like to think in terms of risk assessment, and in terms of which will end in the lowest amount of loss. All of these things are chance, go with the best odds.

and also notice how I specified hyway speeds. if you are doing like 40 you could probably avoid the deer. If you are doing 75 (and yes some states the speed limit goes as high as 85) swerving could be much more dangerous.

I have had many, MANY close calls behind the wheel, I know how hard it can be to resist your natural reaction to a scenario. I have at least, bare minimum 400,000 miles behind the wheel and I have driven in at least half the states in the last 16 years. So how much experience do I need before I officially get my Monday morning QB status?

2006 Mustang GT.
mods n stuff
never ending construction scene
NUTCASE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 57 Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
I would say that half the crashes I cover involving speed, reckless operation, DUI, the operator claims a "deer ran out in front of the car". Last night some asshat drove a Raptor in the side of the local dance club putting a hole in the building. He claimed he "wasn't driving" even though the club owner reached in and tore the keys from the ignition when he attempted to flee lol. He was 3x the legal limit.
foxfive is offline  
post #43 of 57 Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,429
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTCASE View Post
This Monday morning QB HAS hit a deer before. and has also had several close calls with deer and other animals before.

you also don't hear about all the accidents that involve a guy swerving to avoid a deer and hitting a parked car on the side of the road (happened to another car of mine.)

A deer will give. As a matter of fact my car picked it up and carried it about 30 feet before depositing it under the front tire. a tree, jersey wall, ditch, ect will not give. yes its a chance kind of thing that the deer will jump up and go over the hood, but it is that, a chance thing. I like to think in terms of risk assessment, and in terms of which will end in the lowest amount of loss. All of these things are chance, go with the best odds.

and also notice how I specified hyway speeds. if you are doing like 40 you could probably avoid the deer. If you are doing 75 (and yes some states the speed limit goes as high as 85) swerving could be much more dangerous.

I have had many, MANY close calls behind the wheel, I know how hard it can be to resist your natural reaction to a scenario. I have at least, bare minimum 400,000 miles behind the wheel and I have driven in at least half the states in the last 16 years. So how much experience do I need before I officially get my Monday morning QB status?

400,000 miles......lol. By Monday morning QB, I'm saying that you weren't there, yet you tell him what he did wrong. You weren't there, and you don't know = Monday morning QB. Every situation is different, and to tell someone they should hit a deer, when you weren't there is 100% asinine. Yes, sometimes it "might" be better, as I pointed out. Do you know how many deer I've safely dodged that I could have hit? Living in Oklahoma, I'd say anywhere near 100. I swerved once that it didn't work out as well. I like those odds. Hitting a deer in a Mustang is a huge risk, just like my friend that got her face rearranged by one in a camaro.

So unless you witnessed the accident of the OP, or you have a crystal ball, your post was a Monday morning QB statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 57 Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
Regular
 
NUTCASE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 337
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
yeah, 400k miles and thats estimating, rounding down, and stopping counting when I felt like it. that is based off the miles I have put on the cars I have owned the longest.

and as far as your monday morning QB point, you could make that in almost every thread, in every board, on the internet. Your point is asinine because it entails basically every thread on the internet.

yeah, people do things that are wrong sometimes, and sometimes people mabey could of done things in ways that are better. I was attempting to give some good advice for somebody to read and possibly use in the future. I would like to know how you construed that as me specifically finger pointing the OP they way you so eloquently worded out.

I am sorry for what happened to your friend. That sucks, I get it.

2006 Mustang GT.
mods n stuff
never ending construction scene
NUTCASE is offline  
post #45 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,429
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTCASE View Post
yeah, 400k miles and thats estimating, rounding down, and stopping counting when I felt like it. that is based off the miles I have put on the cars I have owned the longest.

and as far as your monday morning QB point, you could make that in almost every thread, in every board, on the internet. Your point is asinine because it entails basically every thread on the internet.

yeah, people do things that are wrong sometimes, and sometimes people mabey could of done things in ways that are better. I was attempting to give some good advice for somebody to read and possibly use in the future. I would like to know how you construed that as me specifically finger pointing the OP they way you so eloquently worded out.

I am sorry for what happened to your friend. That sucks, I get it.

You say "RAMROD, RAMROD, RAMROD." That's my point. It's retarded. I (along with most people) will continue to try and NOT hit large animals, in most situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #46 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Chicken Fucker
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,633
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
We all need to calm down and realize that if we can get some front bumper mounted rocket launchers this whole thing would be fixed. Deer, scream, BOOM!!!, continue driving along. I have yet to experience anything a well timed and placed explosive couldn't fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
moral of story drugs are a hell of a drug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Peni are evil, conniving assholes. They do this to us all the damn time. Don't trust it!
Greywolf is offline  
post #47 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast
 
Seventwenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 528
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
We all need to calm down and realize that if we can get some front bumper mounted rocket launchers this whole thing would be fixed. Deer, scream, BOOM!!!, continue driving along. I have yet to experience anything a well timed and placed explosive couldn't fix.
I guess a detailing bill is a lot cheaper than buying a new car, your onto something here.

Seventwenty is offline  
post #48 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Regular
 
NUTCASE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 337
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I was saying ramrod as more of a point of sarcasm to try and bring some light humor to the situation. I am surprised you took it that far.

and yes, we will try to avoid hitting animals, but if you are traveling at hyway speeds and do not have time to react, I hold my point.

and as far as the well placed explosive, the two rednecks in the truck behind me would of gotten no deer tenderloins to take home for dinner LOL. When the cop got there and I was telling him what happened I had to point to the flat deer and the guy with the beard cleaning his knife. Besides I would probably waste all my ammo on people around the baltimore beltway.

2006 Mustang GT.
mods n stuff
never ending construction scene
NUTCASE is offline  
post #49 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Chicken Fucker
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,633
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Just install a giant fishing net on the top of your car to catch the gently braised pieces! I;m telling you, this is the next great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
moral of story drugs are a hell of a drug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Peni are evil, conniving assholes. They do this to us all the damn time. Don't trust it!
Greywolf is offline  
post #50 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,564
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Most newer cars are designed for deer impacts. My old DD base model Cobalt took a big sum bitch going 60ish dead on. Flipped it right over the car. In the Jeep I just ran the one I hit over. Cracked my damn windshield washer fluid tank and took a fog light. Beats a ditch.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #51 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Admanistrator
 
v606er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,320
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v606er



Oh, and for fuck's sake, it's 'highway', not hyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
v606er is offline  
post #52 of 57 Old January 4th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,564
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by v606er View Post



Oh, and for fuck's sake, it's 'highway', not hyway.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #53 of 57 Old January 13th, 2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
sideways
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Antioch ca
Posts: 80
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Update my brother bought us a new car better than the last one well be back in action quick
gordo88 is offline  
post #54 of 57 Old January 13th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Chicken Fucker
 
Greywolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,633
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
You included absolutely none of the information we need. What kind of car springs to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Stang View Post
moral of story drugs are a hell of a drug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Peni are evil, conniving assholes. They do this to us all the damn time. Don't trust it!
Greywolf is offline  
post #55 of 57 Old January 13th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,564
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
You included absolutely none of the information we need. What kind of car springs to mind...
This. Like saying you saw boobs and not describing the nips...

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
post #56 of 57 Old January 13th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Regular
 
NUTCASE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 337
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
probably a 3/4 ton diesel with enormous nerf bars after the least experience.

2006 Mustang GT.
mods n stuff
never ending construction scene
NUTCASE is offline  
post #57 of 57 Old January 14th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Enthusiast
 
Seventwenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 528
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFoxwell View Post
This. Like saying you saw boobs and not describing the nips...
"hey bro I saw her boobs"
"epic, were they nice"?
"they were round"

just me imagining how that convo would have went.

Seventwenty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome