Help the family of a fellow MM member "Taxman" - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 Old March 19th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Yeah it is. I pay 1500 a year for replacement coverage and I'm insured at 190k. My house is really only worth about 130 though but if anything happens to my house I can walk away with cash in my pocket.
You should have them re-do your replacement cost estimator..

In a total loss the insurance company will look at the blue prints and upgrades in your house, come up with a figure to rebuild it to exactly the same, then give you the option on what you want to do. If you are under insured, you are screwed, if you are over insured then you were over paying on your premiums.

We lost a house last year and the insurance company old paid out the exact amount of what it cost to rebuild (aside from the personal property and loss of use).

If you are over insured it's highly unlikely you'll see any extra cash (unless it comes from personal property or loss of use). I insure all my customers to replacement cost then add on 150% replacement cost endorsement, it's extra insurance for very little money.

Sorry for the minor thread jack Taxman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old March 19th, 2014, 09:28 PM
You had one job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
You should have them re-do your replacement cost estimator..

In a total loss the insurance company will look at the blue prints and upgrades in your house, come up with a figure to rebuild it to exactly the same, then give you the option on what you want to do. If you are under insured, you are screwed, if you are over insured then you were over paying on your premiums.

We lost a house last year and the insurance company old paid out the exact amount of what it cost to rebuild (aside from the personal property and loss of use).

If you are over insured it's highly unlikely you'll see any extra cash (unless it comes from personal property or loss of use). I insure all my customers to replacement cost then add on 150% replacement cost endorsement, it's extra insurance for very little money.

Sorry for the minor thread jack Taxman.
A lot of my coverage is for personal belongings. I am up for renewal so I will talk with usaa.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #43 of 53 Old March 19th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Hey Taxman, where is a restaurant that they would like to eat at around their way? Like a specific one with name/address/phone# of the place. I know that cooking a meal is probably the last thing they want to do and I'd like to buy a gift card over the phone at their place of choice so that they can go pick up the gift card and enjoy a nice dinner. I would also need his first and last name so that they can hold the gift card at the restaurant specifically for him to pick up. Not fast food, but some place nice where they can enjoy a family meal together and relax and kick back.

Thanks!

Jason

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 53 Old March 20th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Assistant to the Manager

Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama
Prayers sent

Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
post #45 of 53 Old March 20th, 2014, 08:36 AM
3v reppin'

Jason that's very cool of you. There's a restaurant called Miguelito's in Sanger Tx. You should be able to google it. His name is Guy Halverson.

As to the discussion on insurance, this has opened my eyes to a lot. I've never really given it much thought but my wife and I are buying a place right now, so I called my agent and got the details.

Y'all are right that it was forced coverage. The lien holder got it because he couldn't afford to keep it insured. He's been on hard times financially for a few years now. He's worked really hard just to save the place from foreclosure. It's really sad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 GT Convertible Build Thread
Vortech V3 trim, FRPP Intake manifold, MAC LT's, Prochamber, Ford Racing 3:73 gears, FRPP springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, tuned by True Street Motorsports. 523 rwhp 440 lbft torque
post #46 of 53 Old March 20th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Bo Baustin

Garage
That sucks man. I hope he gets back on his feet.
post #47 of 53 Old March 24th, 2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Jason that's very cool of you. There's a restaurant called Miguelito's in Sanger Tx. You should be able to google it. His name is Guy Halverson.
Go figure, I went to call them just now and the restaurant is closed on Mondays . Will try again this week, sorry just been swamped during the day.

Quote:
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #48 of 53 Old March 25th, 2014, 07:20 PM

So it looks like plan B. I called today and they wouldnt take my credit card over the phone.

Quote:

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #49 of 53 Old March 26th, 2014, 12:16 AM
3v reppin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
So it looks like plan B. I called today and they wouldnt take my credit card over the phone.
They're a small operation. If you want another local place, let me know. It's so very cool of you and I appreciate it.

Vortech V3 trim, FRPP Intake manifold, MAC LT's, Prochamber, Ford Racing 3:73 gears, FRPP springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, tuned by True Street Motorsports. 523 rwhp 440 lbft torque
post #50 of 53 Old March 26th, 2014, 07:10 PM

Yeah man. If you can provide some other places or possibly a well known chain (not fast food of course) that might be within reasonable distance. Sorry for all of the extra work.

Quote:

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #51 of 53 Old March 27th, 2014, 10:30 PM
3v reppin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
Yeah man. If you can provide some other places or possibly a well known chain (not fast food of course) that might be within reasonable distance. Sorry for all of the extra work.
There's a Fuzzy's in Sanger.

post #52 of 53 Old May 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
3v reppin'

Just a follow up. My brother moved into a rent house this past month. My wife and I bought a new place and the house we lived in was a rental, so he's taken over that. Things are going pretty well and he has most of what he needs.

Many thanks to the people on this board and on S197forum.com that donated over two grand. That money was so helpful and I appreciate each of your generosity. I don't post a lot on this forum much nowadays but I'm appreciative of the old hands on here that made it a point to tell the board and for everyone that chipped in. It means a lot to me. God bless y'all.

post #53 of 53 Old May 19th, 2014, 03:33 PM
MM Fanatic

Good luck Taxman! You got a solid head on your shoulders and will recover in no time and be better off then ever. Also, HD...that is about the coolest shit you just did for Taxman and his family. I know first hand how hard shit gets in life and what you did HD is just give them a chance to take a breath! Good for you. The people here kick ass.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page