Done with buying used crap from people on forums - Page 11 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
It takes fear.

I still honestly think he should still go mega banned. I mean he knew what he was doing. He just caved (so we think, he might not have shipped them) once called out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
you tried to get more money out of him because thats the right thing? Im at lose of words

or am I reading that wrong. I cant tell any more
No. I am sending him the parts because it is the right thing to do.
post #203 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:57 PM
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I'm glad you did the right thing in the end, son. That takes balls.
Sorry Zip, I feel in this particular instance it was an act of cowardice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravik View Post
ok then yes. Thank you for finally doing it. But I really have to ask. Why did you think it was a good idea to try to get more out of it, and then to clearly avoid us and not admit to fault earlier? You could have avoided a lot of this ya know?

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #205 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I have no words.....we saw the texts before, as you claim, you saw this thread. Then you had a change of heart? If this thread was never made. You would have never sent those parts.

post #206 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post

Zing.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #207 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
+1 and nothing said will convince me otherwise.
post #208 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
I have no words.....we saw the texts before, as you claim, you saw this thread. Then you had a change of heart? If this thread was never made. You would have never sent those parts.

I saw this thread AFTER I decided to send the parts...
post #209 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Zing.

No zing.

You, me, or anyone else do not know gravik, how he was raised, what he's been through... any of the factors that would lead him to fuck up. Could it be fear? Yes. Could it have been something else? Yes. Could it have been a combination of things? Yes. But you don't know.

And if you interpret that as to mean we should feel bad for him, or that people should get away with shit, you don't understand what I'm driving at. For all the people that screw others in these transactions... probably 95+ percent of them never get resolved. Very few make it right, and even fewer man up and apologize... even if it WAS fear. That STILL takes balls. And if you don't get that... so be it.

It's just sort of a raw deal when 95 or whatever percent of the people never come back and make it right, let alone apologize, but the rare guy who does, still has to be treated as if he was one of the ones who didn't make it right. That doesn't mean like him, that doesn't mean trust him. I would certainly never buy anything from him. But there is a way to act and think in this life, and a way to make points that don't involve certain behaviors or reactions.

post #210 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Cleg Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravik View Post
So it wasn't the right thing to do a couple hours ago? Makes sense

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
He's one of three smart people in this thread. He may be the smartest because he's making the swap.
post #211 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
That's pretty much already the case. The main local forum here gives him so much shit for everything he posts it's ridiculous. He's just a little different, like with Banana when we got it after we agreed on a price (over the phone) he said he had to run to his parent's house to get the bill of sale which was fine. But when he came back it had the worn stock shift knob on (instead of an 03/04 it was shown with) and the in box Mach 1 lip and grille delete was no longer in the car. It took me weeks before I could finally get the lip and grille. I was to the point where I said just leave em in the bushes outside your house and I'll come pick em up lol.

Happy he made it right though, despite the fight he put up lol.
Id like to hear gravik explanation on this one as well. I understand hes cover his ass right now on this injector and boost a pump fiasco, but id like to know if there is a history of shadiness.

Gravik..... did you agree to sell your car, and then run home to remove parts ?

DART 331ci stroker, AFR 185 heads,
Trick Flow R intake,
Accufab 70mm tb, 75mm pro m Maf, 30lb injectors,
jba headers, 2 1/2" x pipe
flowmaster super 10 mufflers,
255 fuel pump,
3:27 gears
post #212 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

I feel like we are just here, dick move? yes, problem solved? yes,apology made? yes, lets move on lol .

post #213 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventwenty View Post
I feel like we are just here, dick move? yes, problem solved? yes,apology made? yes, lets move on lol .
God forbid.

post #214 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
No zing.

You, me, or anyone else do not know gravik, how he was raised, what he's been through... any of the factors that would lead him to fuck up. Could it be fear? Yes. Could it have been something else? Yes. Could it have been a combination of things? Yes. But you don't know.

And if you interpret that as to mean we should feel bad for him, or that people should get away with shit, you don't understand what I'm driving at. For all the people that screw others in these transactions... probably 95+ percent of them never get resolved. Very few make it right, and even fewer man up and apologize... even if it WAS fear. That STILL takes balls. And if you don't get that... so be it.

It's just sort of a raw deal when 95 or whatever percent of the people never come back and make it right, let alone apologize, but the rare guy who does, still has to be treated as if he was one of the ones who didn't make it right. That doesn't mean like him, that doesn't mean trust him. I would certainly never buy anything from him. But there is a way to act and think in this life, and a way to make points that don't involve certain behaviors or reactions.

True. But I don't see how scamming people can be justified because of growing up.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #215 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Editor

Send a message via AIM to Shift
Quote:
+1 although not happy with how you originally handled it, glad to see you came to your sense and apologized in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
you tried to get more money out of him because thats the right thing? Im at lose of words

or am I reading that wrong. I cant tell any more
I think he meant that sending the parts on Monday is the right thing to do?

Edit: Covered. lol. Was on page 10

Used to own: Blown & Cammed 08 GT
Now own: 2014 Shelby GT500 Deep Impact Blue w/ White Stripes
821A performance package, recaros, and electronics package w/ navigation

600 RWHP Club

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you."
-Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
post #216 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
True. But I don't see how scamming people can be justified because of growing up.

I don't think he is trying to justify what happened, just saying that we should back off a bit now that he made it right with op, I think 10 pages of flame is good enough lol

post #217 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I understand that bit and agree with you there. But I wasn't trying to justify it in any way. There is no justifying. All there can be if someone fucks someone over, is the fucked stay fucked by the fuckee, or the fuckee steps up and makes things right with the fucked, and possibly an apology. Which, for whatever reason drove them to do so, is pretty rare.

Once that happens, it's sort of... it's hard to explain. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a raft of shit, but he got that. Nor does he deserve to be trusted again, and he made that bed... and only time and him doing the right thing from here on out will have people trusting him in the future.

I'm also not trying to insinuate that you were viciously attacking the buy, btw. I just... maybe it's my age. I try to have a really... impartial perspective to this stuff. It's funny, even as I read the ridiculous insults being hurled at gravik prior to him coming clean, the moronic videos people making about him here and in other threads... I sit here shaking my head. Not because I feel for gravik or because I'm against the dude who got fucked, but because it's SO not the way to handle these things. Think about it for a moment. Say someone fucks someone over on a forum transaction... people are hoping that the fuckee comes around and steps up, right? To my mind, the last thing that will make that happen will be people calling him a stupid cunt, threats (not that there were any here, just saying generally as we see in the interweb world)... usually the only thing that will make someone come around is if they have SOME modicum of morals buried somewhere in their body, and facts and mature pressure. Which by and large Chris Jobe provided.

Imagine if you had a face to face transaction gone bad, and you're trying to convince the dude to do the right thing, but sitting there off to the side is this peanut gallery of (well meaning, granted, I know this) people hollering at the guy "DO THE RIGHT THING FUCK TWAT!! YOUR MOM'S A WHORE!! I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR FACE WITH A GENERIC GARDEN RAKE, PUSSY! THEN I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR BEAGLE!!"

... chances are, that's not helping things out. At all. It's just people smelling blood, and too many people.. buy into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
+1 although not happy with how you originally handled it, glad to see you came to your sense and apologized in the end.

I think he meant that sending the parts on Monday is the right thing to do?

Edit: Covered. lol. Was on page 10

post #218 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

wow, a lot happen since I last checked this thread.

Good for Gravik for sending the stuff, but the damage is already done. I don't think anybody will buy from you again on forums.

And the next step should be to warn future buyers from Gravik's shady deal here.

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #219 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hi I'm Sean

Quote:
I think it takes balls to apologize and admit that you are wrong but not so much to do the right thing. Unless you are narcissistic, you should know that when you tell someone this is what you are buying and then you don't deliver on what you sold, then you are somewhat stealing from someone.

I think it is certainly admirable to step up and go yeah I fucked up and I am making it right and that I deserve everything that comes my way because of the actions I took.

Quote:
It takes fear.

I still honestly think he should still go mega banned. I mean he knew what he was doing. He just caved (so we think, he might not have shipped them) once called out.

Megabanned? No, but a negative Itrader rating and maybe a couple day ban or pinking would be in order but I think that is a little extreme for someone who stepped up to the plate and corrected his mistake. I honestly don't believe it should have come this far though. He certainly seems to believe that he can get away with not delivering things as stated.

Gravik is young and I hope that eventually as he grows up and matures a little bit he will realize that his word as a man is one of the most powerful things that he has and by doing unscrupulous things you will gain a reputation of being an asshole or a scumbag, and that is never a good thing to have attached to you.
post #220 of 360 Old April 10th, 2014, 07:56 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGEman View Post
Perhaps you should pack an apology in the box as well. Pretty shady dude.
Yeah. And a sandwich.

and maybe nudez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torched03Mach View Post
You need me.
You get back in the shed until the next angry mob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventwenty View Post
Pretty much. As unsatisfying as it is to have the seller do the right thing, he did step up. I wouldn't buy anything from him in the future, but he did make things right.

Of course if it all goes to shit we know it's back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/420898-done-buying-used-crap-people.html
Posted By For Type Date
2.1 Kenne Bell Intercooled - 96-04 2v | Page 2 | SVTperformance.com This thread Refback November 23rd, 2016 10:17 PM
Covenant Eyes | The Standard of Internet Integrity This thread Refback August 22nd, 2014 04:42 PM
Covenant Eyes | The Standard of Internet Integrity This thread Refback August 20th, 2014 07:31 PM
Magnaflow SRA Catback This thread Refback April 11th, 2014 09:42 AM
Magnaflow SRA Catback This thread Refback April 11th, 2014 02:56 AM
Magnaflow SRA Catback This thread Refback April 11th, 2014 01:50 AM
2.1 Kenne Bell Intercooled - 96-04 2v This thread Refback April 11th, 2014 01:08 AM