Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/)
-   -   Ordered another server for MM (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/4521-ordered-another-server-mm.html)

mdvaldosta August 29th, 2006 10:55 PM

Ordered another server for MM

Server load is now averaging about 1.5, which is fine for most sites but is too high for my comfort. Modded Mustangs is currently getting 8,000 visitors and serving nearly 30,000 pages (per day).

Because of this, I ordered another server and Modded Mustangs will be alone on it. This will ensure the site has plenty of room to grow in the future. Better to fix it now before it becomes a problem.

What will happen:

Sometime in the next week or so, I'll copy all the files and database over to the new server. Once everything is moved, I'll put a disclaimer on this server's forum that this is the old forum and any posts made will not be saved (it's either that or close the forums where no one can read anything). Once the DNS changes propagate, you'll know your on the new server when you no longer see the message.

Any questions?

Drgnracin72 August 29th, 2006 10:57 PM

how much does a new server cost? you dont have to tell me if ya dont want to but i was just curious.

mdvaldosta August 29th, 2006 11:04 PM

I didn't buy it outright, I'm leasing it (VPS). It's $89 / month, not bad for what you get. I use ServInt. Great people in McLean, VA.

ChrisJ August 29th, 2006 11:08 PM

That is not bad at all...Do you take donations to help with server costs?

mdvaldosta August 29th, 2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisJ
Do you take donations to help with server costs?

Nope, not necessary. Thanks for the offer though.

ChrisJ August 29th, 2006 11:11 PM

This is one of the few sites I know of that does not have a donation block on the site...

JRuckas August 30th, 2006 01:56 AM

because joe is a fuckin mad man!!

how long will it take to change over the DNS?

Horseshoeing August 30th, 2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisJ
This is one of the few sites I know of that does not have a donation block on the site...

Its all a bunch of bull. The money you give them goes into their pocket. Joe loves us. So he does this for free and for the Mustang way. If it makes you feel better, you can give me money.

orangeRcode August 30th, 2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseshoeing
If it makes you feel better, you can give me money.

:lmao

mdvaldosta August 30th, 2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHT00GT
how long will it take to change over the DNS?

For most people, 48-72 hours. Some will get it sooner.

Horseshoeing August 30th, 2006 11:49 AM

I hope I am one of the sooner ones.

So if we mod something, it won't show up one the new one, not that I mod much.

B0mb3r645 August 30th, 2006 11:50 AM

What will the server be running on? T1? T3?

And yay on the new server!