the flux capacitors yo

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 Old July 25th, 2014, 10:17 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Tucker 48. One of the most daring and innovative car designs of it's time. Handling and safety features never before used. Rear engine, rear drive with like 380 ftlbs of torque. It is too bad that this car never made it to the public. It would have seriously changed the expectations of the people when it came to car production. It would have been a true game changer.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #23 of 64 Old July 25th, 2014, 10:41 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
Wicked, what was so terrible about the Delorean, except for the power obviously. I've always wanted one but haven't gotten the chance to sit in one or drive it. Only seen one in person once and it was at a museum
There really was nothing remarkable about it aside from it's reputation. The interior was distinctly 80s, and that was nothing really to brag about.

The engine/drivetrain was really what disappointed. The engine was this poor, sputtering Renault. When I pulled in to pick it up they were finishing the tune up and the look and sound of it was just underwhelming. On the road the anemic engine coupled with the heavy stainless body was downright awful.

The steering and handling was nothing to write home about either. It wasn't floaty or loose, but it wasn't a super tight, crisp steering you'd expect from a sports car. Of course that may be due to the fact everything on that car was original, so it was probably pretty worn out by that point.

Overall it just was a total letdown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 64 Old July 25th, 2014, 11:00 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
hummer H1.

I think im gonna try to buy one at the next gov auction
They do not sell the military HMMWVs at public auctions. Very few were ever sold and those that did are not allowed on the road per DOT. There is a civilian version called the H1 like you mentioned, they are nicer but too pricey.

Sucks cause I'd rock one.

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build

post #25 of 64 Old July 25th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Turbo > blower

what the fuck do they do with them then? they have like a million of them here and they must be DOT legal because they drive them on city streets all the fucking time

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #26 of 64 Old July 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
'Murica

Garage
Supra, RX7, H1, I'm not creative. I also want an NSX revival as long as it doesn't keep catching on fire.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #27 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Why not have a Fox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Tucker 48. One of the most daring and innovative car designs of it's time. Handling and safety features never before used. Rear engine, rear drive with like 380 ftlbs of torque. It is too bad that this car never made it to the public. It would have seriously changed the expectations of the people when it came to car production. It would have been a true game changer.
Yes! I love those cars. Many firsts on those cars. The whole drive train sat in a cradle that could be removed from the frame for easy repairs. Rubber dogbone style suspension. Center head light that turned with the steering wheel. Seat belts. I dream to have one some day, but that's unrealistic. They say 49 were built including the "Goose"

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #28 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Regular

Id like to see the bronco come back as a stripped down, durable, solid axle, lightweight suv, I for sure would buy one. I see very few vehicles like this being made currently.
post #29 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 03:33 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
Yes! I love those cars. Many firsts on those cars. The whole drive train sat in a cradle that could be removed from the frame for easy repairs. Rubber dogbone style suspension. Center head light that turned with the steering wheel. Seat belts. I dream to have one some day, but that's unrealistic. They say 49 were built including the "Goose"
I thought there were 51 built. Anyways, did you know that the original engine was supposed to be a flat 6 cylinder boxer motor with hydraulically activated valves and hemi heads. It was supposed to be a monstrous 580 CID!

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #30 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to StangAddiction
I'd like to see:
- S550 Cobra R
- Coyote-powered Crown Victoria (a 350-400hp rwd sedan would be nice)

If Toyota produces anything sporty, I'm almost completely sure it'll likely wear a Scion badge (like the FR-S) , or it'll be a Lexus with no Toyota counterpart.

It would be nice if nissan made a small rwd coupe to compete with the FR-S/BR-Z. S16 maybe. I loved my old s13 240.

USN - E5
-------
1999 GT: 2 Spun Rod Bearings
2007 Cadillac CTS-V: Bone stock
post #31 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

A Fiero, really? Nobody like those when they were new, and if you took an onramp at 30 MPH, they'd flip. The wind blowing hard would turn one of those piles over. What a shitty car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

post #32 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hi I'm Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
what the fuck do they do with them then? they have like a million of them here and they must be DOT legal because they drive them on city streets all the fucking time
Hummer Marketplace ? View topic - Slant back Humvee

Good luck
post #33 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
You had one job!

Funny thing after posting this list I saw 3 cars from the list at the track last night. A delorean which I now fully agree with wicked on. It's a piece of shit. This one didn't even have a flux capacitor . The fiero that had some fart can exhaust on it and that bastard revved it all damn night. Next was a super clean rx7. It appeared to be all stock.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #34 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Why not have a Fox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
I thought there were 51 built. Anyways, did you know that the original engine was supposed to be a flat 6 cylinder boxer motor with hydraulically activated valves and hemi heads. It was supposed to be a monstrous 580 CID!
It could be 51. Last I read there was some debate on how many were made. I did know about that 6 cylinder. It would have been a crazy motor, and it was ahead of its time as well

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #35 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
damn, just a few years ago a local guy was selling two of those at a car show for $28k each

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

i saw one of these yesterday. iirc there weren't a whole lot built. looks like something that should have never moved past the concept stage. wonder if they'll ever be worth anything

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #36 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
They do not sell the military HMMWVs at public auctions. Very few were ever sold and those that did are not allowed on the road per DOT. There is a civilian version called the H1 like you mentioned, they are nicer but too pricey.

Sucks cause I'd rock one.
They sell em here. I can jump on Craigslist and find at least 3. There one guy local who has one

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
damn, just a few years ago a local guy was selling two of those at a car show for $28k each

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

i saw one of these yesterday. iirc there weren't a whole lot built. looks like something that should have never moved past the concept stage. wonder if they'll ever be worth anything

The manager at the ford dealer in town DDs one of those. Not a pretty truck but they are interesting

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #37 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 06:40 PM
KDW
Regular

Ford Ranger with a ecoboost
post #38 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 07:38 PM