Cars that should be revived - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDW View Post
I was just saying Ford should bring back the Ranger with a ecoboost since Chevy and GMC are reviving the Colorado and Canyon later this year. If they do, hopefully smaller than the 2015 Ranger sold in Europe and Australia. Mexico and South America have a Turbo Diesel Four Door that looks pretty good even though it is a older body style. Here is a 2008 below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/msjungl...gl=true&pli=1#
that's hideous lol

but i would absolutely sell my '93 ranger for a new 2.3 EB ranger if they were smaller and better looking than that

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 08:31 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
They sell em here. I can jump on Craigslist and find at least 3. There one guy local who has one[COLOR="Silver"]
I doubt it. The ones you see for sale are the Civilian H1's, not the military HMMWVs.

Where can I get a cheap military surplus or "fixer-upper" Hummer?
Not an easy option. First, the government does not sell surplus vehicles to the public. It's rare, but some former military Humvees have found their way into private hands indirectly. Some have been reconditioned, but they're still not "cheap". Others which have not been reconditioned need serious money invested to make them roadworthy. If you're a collector of military vehicles with money to spend, it might be worth looking for one. If you're looking for a decent Hummer for dirt cheap, there's no such thing.

Hummer FAQ

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build

post #43 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 09:55 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
I doubt it. The ones you see for sale are the Civilian H1's, not the military HMMWVs.

Where can I get a cheap military surplus or "fixer-upper" Hummer?
Not an easy option. First, the government does not sell surplus vehicles to the public. It's rare, but some former military Humvees have found their way into private hands indirectly. Some have been reconditioned, but they're still not "cheap". Others which have not been reconditioned need serious money invested to make them roadworthy. If you're a collector of military vehicles with money to spend, it might be worth looking for one. If you're looking for a decent Hummer for dirt cheap, there's no such thing.

Hummer FAQ
I'm surprised there isn't, because they sell cargo trucks and trailers like its going out of style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 11:08 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
I'm surprised there isn't, because they sell cargo trucks and trailers like its going out of style.
They sell everything except the HMMWV

The reason the ones that were sold aren't street legal is due to 2 reason I was told:

Truck is too wide, so it'd need clearance lights in the middle like the Raptor

The doors/side of vehicle isn't suitable for any side impact.

I really wanted one since I work on them all day every day, but it isn't gonna happen. The civilian H1s still cost a pretty penny, so thats out.

post #45 of 64 Old July 26th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
They sell everything except the HMMWV

The reason the ones that were sold aren't street legal is due to 2 reason I was told:

Truck is too wide, so it'd need clearance lights in the middle like the Raptor

The doors/side of vehicle isn't suitable for any side impact.

I really wanted one since I work on them all day every day, but it isn't gonna happen. The civilian H1s still cost a pretty penny, so thats out.
so they're designed to take a bomb blast but cant take a ricer civic? idk about that

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #46 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:03 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
so they're designed to take a bomb blast but cant take a ricer civic? idk about that
They were referring to the old M998/1025/1026 models.

The M1151's are slow, super poor visibilty, terrible MPG, batteries tend to die alot.

post #47 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Turbo > blower

i knew about all that except the battery issue. I was told they were in the 2-8k range, I was thinking about getting one and turning it into a badass tow/offroad rig

but after some research, it aint gonna happen

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #48 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Administrator

i remember when a local guy was selling his camo humvees for $28k each, there was stenciling on the dash that said "max speed 45mph"

what's that about? that's not their actual top speed, is it?

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #49 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Turbo > blower

theres no way. I saw a vid online and they ran the quarter mile with a humvee and it was like 20 seconds at 58mph lol

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

now that i think about it my friend used to drive a hummvee on his guard weekends about 200 miles on the freeway, going about 70-80 the whole way

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #50 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:30 AM
MM Fanatic

I think Id be terrified to drive a Humvee at 70. The speedometer on ours only goes to 60, and they feel like theyre going to explode at 40. The new-ish up-armored LMTV's we have are a little better but not by a whole lot. Sitting in the back of those on a dirt road destroys your spine.
post #51 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Pawsitively sexy

In no specific order...
  • GMC Cyclone
  • Merkur XR4ti
  • Buick Grand National/GNX
  • Chevy El Camino
  • Jeep Cherokee(that hunk of shit they are calling the Cherokee today doesn't count)

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #52 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Anandavenkatakrishnan

03-09 camaro

-sent from ls1tach

[/CENTER]
2.3L Roush Supercharger/20" Staggered Niche Milan Wheels/H&R Coil Overs
Kooks Longtubes/Catted X/Magnaflow Competition Catback
post #53 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 03:38 AM
MM Fanatic

K-Car...lol. All those cars are dead for a reason. However, my first car was a Rabbit and then they stopped production. When they brought them back, I thought they'd be a hit and they didnt do so well. I bet with all the hipsters and pot lovers, if they brought the VW van back without changing the shape too much, the hippie kids would buy them. As long as they dont bring back the Dodge Ram van that was the official vehicle of the US Pedophile Association.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #54 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
03-09 camaro

-sent from ls1tach
I had one of those. It was so fast nobody ever saw it.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #55 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenShift View Post
I think Id be terrified to drive a Humvee at 70. The speedometer on ours only goes to 60, and they feel like theyre going to explode at 40. The new-ish up-armored LMTV's we have are a little better but not by a whole lot. Sitting in the back of those on a dirt road destroys your spine.
The newer M1151 series trucks has a speedo that goes to 80. They also have a 4L80E instead of the 700r4 the older trucks had. But these trucks don't handle well at all at speed, so much body roll.

Forgot to mention the transmissions like to crap out alot too.

post #56 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 12:04 PM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
A Fiero, really? Nobody like those when they were new, and if you took an onramp at 30 MPH, they'd flip. The wind blowing hard would turn one of those piles over. What a shitty car.
When I was in the Military a friend of ours walked into our room and said "Come check out my new car"! We walked out to the parking lot and I died laughing when is saw his new car was a Maroon Fiero. What a hunk of shit.

I even saw a Fiero convention last year. There was about 15 old men in cheap suits driving restored Fieros. Apparently they didn't have enough money to buy any other exotic looking cars, so they all sat down and figured they would by Fieros lol.
post #57 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 01:36 PM
King Trashmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
[/COLOR]now that i think about it my friend used to drive a hummvee on his guard weekends about 200 miles on the freeway, going about 70-80 the whole way
You'll see convoys of them running up and down I65 all day long, and they move out pretty damn well.

You can be cruising at 65 and next thing you know you're getting passed by a column of Humvees, HEMTTs, and even a couple times Strykers. It'll scare the piss out of you in a small car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
K-Car...lol. All those cars are dead for a reason. However, my first car was a Rabbit and then they stopped production. When they brought them back, I thought they'd be a hit and they didnt do so well. I bet with all the hipsters and pot lovers, if they brought the VW van back without changing the shape too much, the hippie kids would buy them. As long as they dont bring back the Dodge Ram van that was the official vehicle of the US Pedophile Association.
Oddly enough I really can't fault the K-car that much. They were damn solid cars.

I'd hate to see a new VW microbus though, what with VWs current reputation for electronics and overly complex systems.

The old Ram or Ford vans were pretty badass. Smallblock V8s, RWD. I'd airbrush a wizard on the side and rock it.
post #58 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 01:48 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
I thought it was Syclone?
Correct. It was the Syclone, not Cyclone. The Cyclone was a Mercury from 64 to 71 or 72.
post #59 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Why not have a Fox?

Quote:
The newer M1151 series trucks has a speedo that goes to 80. They also have a 4L80E instead of the 700r4 the older trucks had. But these trucks don't handle well at all at speed, so much body roll.

Forgot to mention the transmissions like to crap out alot too.
You sure mention a ton of issues with Hummers. I thought they'd be tough being they're military vehicles.

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #60 of 64 Old July 27th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Turbo > blower

well when you're pushing 14000lbs empty, you need a beefy fucking tranny, and those are expensive

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page