Tony Stewart killed a driver? - Page 7 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 04:45 PM
New time's coming soon!!!
 
CJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corbin, KY
Posts: 3,008
           
Garage
iTrader: 9 reviews
Another thing to take account of is with sprint car you actually steer the car as much with the throttle as you do the steering wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App



My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
CJackson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Made in U.S.A.
 
Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22,435
                     
iTrader: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie51189 View Post
I'll still believe that it should be considered suicide. He was the only one that could have 100% prevented the incident from happening by not getting out of his car and walking directly into a moving race car.
Then you have no idea what the word suicide is. I don't think he decided to kill himself. I believe he made an complete error in judgement which caused an accident which resulted in his death. This has always been an accident. Why the need to label it? So funny how we always have to label everything.
Nasty is offline  
post #123 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Not even close to suicide, Ward got pissed and made a bad judgment call, nothing more nothing less. Even if he wasn't struck Stewart would have probably beat his ass right there on the track. Sometimes you can't posture up and have good results.
foxfive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
I personally think that Stewart is easily one of the most arrogant drivers in all of Nascar. As sad as the whole thing is, I think that he was trying to scare the kid and assert his "dominance" by sliding the rear end towards him to roost him, and accidentally hit the kid.

Everyone that is saying the kid was way in the wrong to get out of his car or walk towards the cars has apparently never watched a Nascar race. That shit happens ALL the time, hell stewart once approached a car on the track and threw his helmet at it because he was having one of his, for lack of a better term, temper tantrums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #125 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
I personally think that Stewart is easily one of the most arrogant drivers in all of Nascar. As sad as the whole thing is, I think that he was trying to scare the kid and assert his "dominance" by sliding the rear end towards him to roost him, and accidentally hit the kid.

Everyone that is saying the kid was way in the wrong to get out of his car or walk towards the cars has apparently never watched a Nascar race. That shit happens ALL the time, hell stewart once approached a car on the track and threw his helmet at it because he was having one of his, for lack of a better term, temper tantrums.
That doesn't make it normal or right.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #126 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Merrillville, Indiana
Posts: 1,393
   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to winnie51189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
Then you have no idea what the word suicide is. I don't think he decided to kill himself. I believe he made an complete error in judgement which caused an accident which resulted in his death. This has always been an accident. Why the need to label it? So funny how we always have to label everything.
Sorry, you are correct. I am not using the dictionary definition of suicide. I believe a more proper term I should have used was accidental death. I merely meant that Ward is at fault until someone else is proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. However, this will require proof that removes all reasonable doubt that Ward is to blame for his own actions. And that it shouldn't immediately be implied that it's someone else's fault when it would have never happened had it not been for Ward storming down into traffic. It wasn't like he didn't get a reality check after almost getting hit by the car in front of Stewart.

Having said that. I will go back and edit my previous posts to fix the improper usage of the term suicide, replacing it with accidental death, which seems to be more for this situation.

Although unfortunate, it will be interesting to see how this situation proceeds.
winnie51189 is offline  
post #127 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Administrator
 
TheUNZippee!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hoose
Posts: 83,767
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie51189 View Post
Sorry, you are correct. I am not using the dictionary definition of suicide. I believe a more proper term I should have used was accidental death. I merely meant that Ward is at fault until someone else is proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. However, this will require proof that removes all reasonable doubt that Ward is to blame for his own actions. And that it shouldn't immediately be implied that it's someone else's fault when it would have never happened had it not been for Ward storming down into traffic. It wasn't like he didn't get a reality check after almost getting hit by the car in front of Stewart.

Having said that. I will go back and edit my previous posts to fix the improper usage of the term suicide, replacing it with accidental death, which seems to be more for this situation.

Although unfortunate, it will be interesting to see how this situation proceeds.
Indeed. I wonder too will racing eventually see some sort of heavy penalties levied for drivers who exit cars on a live track. Fines and perhaps points, even suspensions for repeat offenders? Something like that may have prevented this from happening.



TheUNZippee! is offline  
post #128 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
That doesn't make it normal or right.
Perhaps not, but it has solidified itself as a prominent part of the sport unfortunately. So I would argue that him walking towards the cars to express his anger was as much a function of the racecar culture surrounding him than just sheer foolishness. Either way it is unfortunate and what is even more unfortunate is that I doubt this event will prevent other irritated drivers from acting in the same fashion in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #129 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,405
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Indeed. I wonder too will racing eventually see some sort of heavy penalties levied for drivers who exit cars on a live track. Fines and perhaps points, even suspensions for repeat offenders? Something like that may have prevented this from happening.
NASCAR already created a new rule.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
69fastback is offline  
post #130 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Insomniac
 
BIGCHRISS197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 5,912
             
Garage
iTrader: 3 reviews
^ that

BIGCHRISS197 is offline  
post #131 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,736
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Talked to a couple friends last night about this and they say people are expecting Stewart to retire now. The announcement should come soon and probably say it's because of his leg he broke last year that didn't fully heal or something like that.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #132 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
Talked to a couple friends last night about this and they say people are expecting Stewart to retire now. The announcement should come soon and probably say it's because of his leg he broke last year that didn't fully heal or something like that.
It's a hoax.

Tony Stewart Retires Hoax: 'To Announce Retirement From Auto Racing After Accident That Kills Competing Driver' NASCAR Article Isn't Real

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #133 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 10:12 AM
PhD in Procrastinology
 
1BDSTNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,897
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
NASCAR already created a new rule.
Figured it was going to happen but damn, they got it in motion QUICK!


1991 GT- 347ci
2014 GT/CS
Instagram: @1bad_5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
i clamp it with my teeth and hold it in my mouth.
1BDSTNG is offline  
post #134 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,736
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
I wouldn't be surprised if he really does though.

Nascar sucks anyway so I wouldn't care.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #135 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
narleycarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 5,519
           
iTrader: 3 reviews
I may or may not use this link in the future.......




Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Foxbodies > all


narleycarley is offline  
post #136 of 147 Old August 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Made in U.S.A.
 
Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22,435
                     
iTrader: 12 reviews
Speculation, speculation, speculation is so fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
That doesn't make it normal or right.
Exactly damn right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
Perhaps not, but it has solidified itself as a prominent part of the sport unfortunately. So I would argue that him walking towards the cars to express his anger was as much a function of the racecar culture surrounding him than just sheer foolishness. Either way it is unfortunate and what is even more unfortunate is that I doubt this event will prevent other irritated drivers from acting in the same fashion in the future.
You are only pushing the blame and pointing a finger. Only one person had control of Ward and that was Ward himself. Ward made actions that left him deceased. Stewart probably didn't even know he wrecked and was mad at him. Lap times are 20 seconds and people think that is what was going on in Stewart's head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
Talked to a couple friends last night about this and they say people are expecting Stewart to retire now. The announcement should come soon and probably say it's because of his leg he broke last year that didn't fully heal or something like that.
Nope.
Nasty is offline  
post #137 of 147 Old September 26th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Feb '14 ROTM
 
BlackWidowStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 7,253
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Well it looks like Ward was smoking that good good the night he died.

DA: Kevin Ward Jr. was under the influence of marijuana



504/433
BlackWidowStang is offline  
post #138 of 147 Old September 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
narleycarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 5,519
           
iTrader: 3 reviews
I've never wanted to start crap back when I smoked the wacky tobacky in high school.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App




Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Foxbodies > all


narleycarley is offline  
post #139 of 147 Old September 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
This isn't going to go his families way in court anymore.....

In case you hadn't heard. Its going to trial.
8t6gt is offline  
post #140 of 147 Old September 26th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Elmo187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brandon, FL
Posts: 2,294
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
This isn't going to go his families way in court anymore.....

In case you hadn't heard. Its going to trial.
Um no it isn't. It went to the grand jury, which they ended up saying that he was free of all charges. That is over. It would have went to trial if they charged him. The family will most likely take this to civil court to get money out of him since they're ignorant and blind.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I've never wanted to start crap back when I smoked the wacky tobacky in high school.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Weed effects people differently from person to person. I once went off of it for a few years before starting up again, resulting in it making me feel like I was tweaking.


Thank you, Mach Stang for the sig!
MM Tampa Bay Area Crew Member
Elmo187 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome