Tony Stewart killed a driver? - Page 7 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 04:45 PM
New time's coming soon!!!

Garage
Another thing to take account of is with sprint car you actually steer the car as much with the throttle as you do the steering wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My Build Thread : https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-gt-build.html

D1SC 12-13psi 391rwhp 411rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie51189 View Post
I'll still believe that it should be considered suicide. He was the only one that could have 100% prevented the incident from happening by not getting out of his car and walking directly into a moving race car.
Then you have no idea what the word suicide is. I don't think he decided to kill himself. I believe he made an complete error in judgement which caused an accident which resulted in his death. This has always been an accident. Why the need to label it? So funny how we always have to label everything.
post #123 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Not even close to suicide, Ward got pissed and made a bad judgment call, nothing more nothing less. Even if he wasn't struck Stewart would have probably beat his ass right there on the track. Sometimes you can't posture up and have good results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I personally think that Stewart is easily one of the most arrogant drivers in all of Nascar. As sad as the whole thing is, I think that he was trying to scare the kid and assert his "dominance" by sliding the rear end towards him to roost him, and accidentally hit the kid.

Everyone that is saying the kid was way in the wrong to get out of his car or walk towards the cars has apparently never watched a Nascar race. That shit happens ALL the time, hell stewart once approached a car on the track and threw his helmet at it because he was having one of his, for lack of a better term, temper tantrums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

post #125 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
I personally think that Stewart is easily one of the most arrogant drivers in all of Nascar. As sad as the whole thing is, I think that he was trying to scare the kid and assert his "dominance" by sliding the rear end towards him to roost him, and accidentally hit the kid.

Everyone that is saying the kid was way in the wrong to get out of his car or walk towards the cars has apparently never watched a Nascar race. That shit happens ALL the time, hell stewart once approached a car on the track and threw his helmet at it because he was having one of his, for lack of a better term, temper tantrums.
That doesn't make it normal or right.

post #126 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to winnie51189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
Then you have no idea what the word suicide is. I don't think he decided to kill himself. I believe he made an complete error in judgement which caused an accident which resulted in his death. This has always been an accident. Why the need to label it? So funny how we always have to label everything.
Sorry, you are correct. I am not using the dictionary definition of suicide. I believe a more proper term I should have used was accidental death. I merely meant that Ward is at fault until someone else is proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. However, this will require proof that removes all reasonable doubt that Ward is to blame for his own actions. And that it shouldn't immediately be implied that it's someone else's fault when it would have never happened had it not been for Ward storming down into traffic. It wasn't like he didn't get a reality check after almost getting hit by the car in front of Stewart.

Having said that. I will go back and edit my previous posts to fix the improper usage of the term suicide, replacing it with accidental death, which seems to be more for this situation.

Although unfortunate, it will be interesting to see how this situation proceeds.
post #127 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie51189 View Post
Sorry, you are correct. I am not using the dictionary definition of suicide. I believe a more proper term I should have used was accidental death. I merely meant that Ward is at fault until someone else is proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. However, this will require proof that removes all reasonable doubt that Ward is to blame for his own actions. And that it shouldn't immediately be implied that it's someone else's fault when it would have never happened had it not been for Ward storming down into traffic. It wasn't like he didn't get a reality check after almost getting hit by the car in front of Stewart.

Having said that. I will go back and edit my previous posts to fix the improper usage of the term suicide, replacing it with accidental death, which seems to be more for this situation.

Although unfortunate, it will be interesting to see how this situation proceeds.
Indeed. I wonder too will racing eventually see some sort of heavy penalties levied for drivers who exit cars on a live track. Fines and perhaps points, even suspensions for repeat offenders? Something like that may have prevented this from happening.

post #128 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
That doesn't make it normal or right.
Perhaps not, but it has solidified itself as a prominent part of the sport unfortunately. So I would argue that him walking towards the cars to express his anger was as much a function of the racecar culture surrounding him than just sheer foolishness. Either way it is unfortunate and what is even more unfortunate is that I doubt this event will prevent other irritated drivers from acting in the same fashion in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

post #129 of 147 Old August 16th, 2014, 10:50 PM