Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rutherford, NJ (North)
iTrader: 3 reviews
When I was re-doing a room in my parents house, my idiot father told me it was safe to work on it "hot" as long as I never touched both wires at the same time (in theory... could be true)....
...Well accidents happen and one happened that day. If you want me to describe it, it felt like the vibration feeling of a power drill stripping a screw, the unbearable feeling of your legs waking back up after sitting on them falling asleep, and Mark McGuire post steroids with a baseball bat hitting his 70th homerun right into my shoulder... all of that at the same time.
Ever since then, I will NEVER ever, even do sheetrocking in a room unless the fuse is flipped at the breaker box.
When I bought my first house (one month ago) I mapped out every outlet, light, fire alarm, anything with power, to the corresponding fuse and even then, I still check with one of those voltage meter things.