I'm having a baby!!!! (Well, my wife is... I helped though) - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
MM's Resident Male Nurse
 
TachycardiaInducingDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,314
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Talking I'm having a baby!!!! (Well, my wife is... I helped though)

Excited, nervous, unsure, scared, happy... all the emotions that went through my head when my wife told me a week and a half ago. She's about 6 weeks along, we think. No morning sickness yet, but good Lord her sense of smell has gone supernova! She can smell a fart from 3 miles away now! She also eats alot of cheese, LOL. So far that's all we know until our first appointment sometime next week.

So, any tips for a new dad?! I'm nervous I'll screw the poor kid up - especially since my dad was an @$$hole. Regardless. I'm excited.

And... we gotta sell one of our fun cars. Good for me the wife agreed we should keep the mustang and sell our other car - a heavily modded Saturn Sky Red Line Edition.

Link of for sale car if anyone's interested: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...n-16k-obo.html

Anyways, I'll keep you all posted.



Current Rides:

2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan - 6 speed manual (Black w/ black interior)
2007 Lincoln MKX AWD (Granite w/ black interior)


Past Rides:

2012 Mustang GT Premium
2005 Mustang GT
2005 Mustang V6
TachycardiaInducingDriver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 01:05 AM
aloha ke akua
 
RunninOn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 13,177
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
WOOOOHOOOOOO. YOU ARE FERTILE


21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
RunninOn6 is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Pawsitively sexy
 
Sixpointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lower Sussex, DE
Posts: 10,557
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Congratulations, bud!

2012 CTS-V

Not stock


Sixpointslow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,619
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Congrats man! I can remember when my wife got pregnant. Mixed feelings, excitement, happiness, fear, uncertaintity; kind of an intoxicating cocktail of emotions. It doesn't really get any better until the baby is actually born and then it's a whole other bunch of emotions. Just do your reading about prenatal care and nutrition, and do as the doc says. Instinct will take over once the baby is born and common sense has a lot to do with raising a child. Really I think the early years are easier, less to worry about. Feeding, changing, and entertaining your child will come easy. It's when they get older is when you have to worry and think about things like education, society, economics and raising your child to be a part of it, is when things start to get dicey. So don't worry too much, your love and instinct will get you through it.

Oh and I gave you a plug on your car sale thread. I have my Mustang and a Solstice GXP. What a great combo of cars to drive. My Mustang is set up for 1/4 mile and goes like a bat out of hell in a straight line. My GXP is a quick nimble go cart like ride that I can throw into turns without a worry. So depending on how I feel that day I can take the one that suits my driving addiction. By the way, my munchkin really likes the Solstice. We take that thing out with the roof down and he can see the world. Not like looking at the back of the headrest from the car seat in the back of the Mustang.

Oh, and my wife is a labor and delivery nurse so if you or your wife have specific questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or whatever.


Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
07 Boss is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 03:10 AM
PhD in Procrastinology
 
1BDSTNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,897
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Congrats man! I can remember when my wife got pregnant. Mixed feelings, excitement, happiness, fear, uncertaintity; kind of an intoxicating cocktail of emotions. It doesn't really get any better until the baby is actually born and then it's a whole other bunch of emotions. Just do your reading about prenatal care and nutrition, and do as the doc says. Instinct will take over once the baby is born and common sense has a lot to do with raising a child. Really I think the early years are easier, less to worry about. Feeding, changing, and entertaining your child will come easy. It's when they get older is when you have to worry and think about things like education, society, economics and raising your child to be a part of it, is when things start to get dicey. So don't worry too much, your love and instinct will get you through it.
I was the same way. I didn't know how to feel at first due to the 7000 emotions . I will say this; my wife was REALLY emotional in all 3 of her pregnancies. I think we were supposed to get divorced about 38 times or so, lol. I would definitely stress the prenatal vitamins and making the Dr visits.

The biggest change for me was the loss of personal time. I used to have a ton of it then, poof, three kids later it's all gone. Having said that, I wouldn't change a thing. There isn't anything better than getting home to the oldest 2 (4 1/2 & 2) screaming, "DAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!!" and hugging your legs until you give them an acceptable greeting. Reading bedtime stories, playing house, dolls, etc...is awesome. BTW, I have 3 girls.

You'll love it...it's the most fulfilling thing I've done in my life. We're contemplating on a fourth but 4 is a game changer.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Also, if you want to save a little coin, breast feeding and cloth diapers. I recommend breast feeding anyway.


1991 GT- 347ci
2014 GT/CS
Instagram: @1bad_5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
i clamp it with my teeth and hold it in my mouth.
1BDSTNG is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
HighDensity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,842
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Congrats man. That is awesome. So awesome. I pray and wish for a healthy wife and baby.

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.



MM+ Cleavage Club #28
HighDensity is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 03:44 PM
SleeperStang
 
Jgib4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,924
                   
iTrader: 6 reviews
Congrats man.

Laser Red Crew #6
276/296 on a pi swap and OPS1 cams



Mods in Garage
Jgib4 is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 04:09 PM
MM Fanatic
 
44 cents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,489
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Congratulations! Dont worry at all about feeling unsure about things. Cool thing is that instict plays a huge role and once you fall in love with your child, you cant go wrong! Biggest advice I can give is try to enjoy every moment because you will blink and suddenly the big wheel is gone and your kid needs car insurance. I think most of us do ok but I hardly hear anyone say "I am satisfied with the time I spent with them when they were kids". Be sure to pay attention and prioritize and you will be happy as shit!

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
44 cents is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hi I'm Sean
 
ford20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 3,962
         
iTrader: 1 reviews
ford20 is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast
 
Burrito of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 732
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Congrats

-You wife will be unstable for up to 6 months after the kid is born. Just roll with it.
-Don't look at porn. She will catch you. It's bad
-Cloth diapers are bad ass, but costly up front. They do save once you get started.
-We make our formula. SAVES A TON. $350-500 a month.
-Clean the house without being asked.
Burrito of Death is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old August 24th, 2014, 05:57 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Next time don't mod a Saturn:

Just kidding. Have fun with the little one. They're a lot of work at first, but well worth it, especially when they can start talking and conversing with you. I have a two and a half year old, and she's currently dancing in front of the TV singing "Let it go! Let it go!"
8t6gt is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
MM's Resident Male Nurse
 
TachycardiaInducingDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,314
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
WOOOOHOOOOOO. YOU ARE FERTILE
LOL, I have Chuck Norris sperm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Congratulations, bud!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Congrats man! I can remember when my wife got pregnant. Mixed feelings, excitement, happiness, fear, uncertaintity; kind of an intoxicating cocktail of emotions. It doesn't really get any better until the baby is actually born and then it's a whole other bunch of emotions. Just do your reading about prenatal care and nutrition, and do as the doc says. Instinct will take over once the baby is born and common sense has a lot to do with raising a child. Really I think the early years are easier, less to worry about. Feeding, changing, and entertaining your child will come easy. It's when they get older is when you have to worry and think about things like education, society, economics and raising your child to be a part of it, is when things start to get dicey. So don't worry too much, your love and instinct will get you through it.

Oh and I gave you a plug on your car sale thread. I have my Mustang and a Solstice GXP. What a great combo of cars to drive. My Mustang is set up for 1/4 mile and goes like a bat out of hell in a straight line. My GXP is a quick nimble go cart like ride that I can throw into turns without a worry. So depending on how I feel that day I can take the one that suits my driving addiction. By the way, my munchkin really likes the Solstice. We take that thing out with the roof down and he can see the world. Not like looking at the back of the headrest from the car seat in the back of the Mustang.

Oh, and my wife is a labor and delivery nurse so if you or your wife have specific questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or whatever.
Thanks man! And reps for the plug in the Sky thread! That was cool! It really is a fun car, and I hope to own one again someday... never thought I'd say that about a Saturn!

If any questions come up, I'll definitely PM you! I'm an RN too, but I know almost nothing about L&D. It's a whole other ball game. So thank you for the generous offer, I may end up taking up on it a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BDSTNG View Post
I was the same way. I didn't know how to feel at first due to the 7000 emotions . I will say this; my wife was REALLY emotional in all 3 of her pregnancies. I think we were supposed to get divorced about 38 times or so, lol. I would definitely stress the prenatal vitamins and making the Dr visits.

The biggest change for me was the loss of personal time. I used to have a ton of it then, poof, three kids later it's all gone. Having said that, I wouldn't change a thing. There isn't anything better than getting home to the oldest 2 (4 1/2 & 2) screaming, "DAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!!" and hugging your legs until you give them an acceptable greeting. Reading bedtime stories, playing house, dolls, etc...is awesome. BTW, I have 3 girls.

You'll love it...it's the most fulfilling thing I've done in my life. We're contemplating on a fourth but 4 is a game changer.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Also, if you want to save a little coin, breast feeding and cloth diapers. I recommend breast feeding anyway.
The wifey is on the prenatal vitamins... I made sure she started them as soon as we found out. I can't wait to here the "DADDDDYYYYYY!"!! But it is still such a big responsibility. LOL, and the personal time? Ya, it's already disappearing quickly. One of my buddies loaned me the Mass Effect trilogy (and gave me Mass Effect 3). I have maybe had 3 hours to play since we found out. And I'm expecting less time as it gets closer. I think I'll hold a small memorial service for my xbox just before the baby is born, LOL. But already, I know I wouldn't want to change anything.

Breastfeeding? It's gonna happen fo shizzle. Wife and I agreed a long time ago. Cloth diapers? We're still a little iffy. It sounds gross reusing them, but I know my mom did that with me and I'm not dead yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
Congrats man. That is awesome. So awesome. I pray and wish for a healthy wife and baby.
Thank you! Prayers appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgib4 View Post
Congrats man.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
Congratulations! Dont worry at all about feeling unsure about things. Cool thing is that instict plays a huge role and once you fall in love with your child, you cant go wrong! Biggest advice I can give is try to enjoy every moment because you will blink and suddenly the big wheel is gone and your kid needs car insurance. I think most of us do ok but I hardly hear anyone say "I am satisfied with the time I spent with them when they were kids". Be sure to pay attention and prioritize and you will be happy as shit!
Thanks! It's hard not to get wrapped up in all the worry... finances, will I screw up, child care, will my child be the next Led Zepplin... you know, the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Congratulations and nice shooting tex!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito of Death View Post
Congrats

-You wife will be unstable for up to 6 months after the kid is born. Just roll with it.
-Don't look at porn. She will catch you. It's bad
-Cloth diapers are bad ass, but costly up front. They do save once you get started.
-We make our formula. SAVES A TON. $350-500 a month.
-Clean the house without being asked.
That is what I hear! A buddy of mine told me that once his wife went through five different emotions in under a minute. She admits to it as well. Scary stuff.

Sounds like there was some experience behind that second piece of advice

I try to do cleaning whenever possible, but it has been awhile since I've gone gung ho and really cleaned up the house special for her. I need to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Next time don't mod a Saturn:

Just kidding. Have fun with the little one. They're a lot of work at first, but well worth it, especially when they can start talking and conversing with you. I have a two and a half year old, and she's currently dancing in front of the TV singing "Let it go! Let it go!"
I tell you what, I said "hell no" when my wife told me about the car, but when I saw it, and drove it... I'm hooked. It is truly an incredible car. It will easily keep up with or beat my coyote in the twisties and on a straight line!



Current Rides:

2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan - 6 speed manual (Black w/ black interior)
2007 Lincoln MKX AWD (Granite w/ black interior)


Past Rides:

2012 Mustang GT Premium
2005 Mustang GT
2005 Mustang V6
TachycardiaInducingDriver is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 02:36 AM
PhD in Procrastinology
 
1BDSTNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,897
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
It's not like the cloth diapers of the 60s...waaaaay more advanced. There are like 3 levels of the diaper


1991 GT- 347ci
2014 GT/CS
Instagram: @1bad_5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
i clamp it with my teeth and hold it in my mouth.
1BDSTNG is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
MM's Resident Male Nurse
 
TachycardiaInducingDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,314
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hmm... high tech cloth diapers? I must check into this! I really will have to do some research. Especially if it does save money. We do live in an apartment with coin op laundry - which gets spendy.



Current Rides:

2015 Chevrolet SS Sedan - 6 speed manual (Black w/ black interior)
2007 Lincoln MKX AWD (Granite w/ black interior)


Past Rides:

2012 Mustang GT Premium
2005 Mustang GT
2005 Mustang V6
TachycardiaInducingDriver is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 02:16 PM
MM Fanatic
 
44 cents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,489
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
The simple fact that you are posting looking for advice shows you are going to have no problems man. Relax and enjoy the whole thing without getting too caught up in the worries.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
44 cents is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 cents View Post
The simple fact that you are posting looking for advice shows you are going to have no problems man. Relax and enjoy the whole thing without getting too caught up in the worries.
Exactly. I did some planning like this too, and used NONE of it there's manual to being a parent, and the biggest mistake is over thinking it.
8t6gt is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 04:42 PM
FBGM
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Londonderry NH
Posts: 6,177
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
I know we are all thinking it. How did you get her pregnant, when you have a vajajay???

But real talk good on you for having a kid. I commend people that are willing and able to do it because I know that there's no way I could do it.

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
kmac1622 is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
The Boss is in
 
8t6gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gods country. Nordern Michigan eh
Posts: 23,756
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
I'd be surprised if you don't change your mind someday Kmac. But there's nothing wrong with not having kids either. Plus, in your case its hard for two men to produce a baby, and adoption is expensive.
8t6gt is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Cruising the backroads
 
Lariat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Villisca IA
Posts: 5,192
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Congrats man! Be there for them, and remember that no is a challenge.
I'm with kmac though. I couldn't be a dad. Id be terrible, and if it was a daughter, she would hate me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
You only got one nom nom. One nom or two nom nom. Only one nom.
GO GO POWER RANGER!
Lariat is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old August 25th, 2014, 08:15 PM
FBGM
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Londonderry NH
Posts: 6,177
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
You could always use the spit method. Savory the creamy goodness then spit it into a girl.

Saleen SuperCharged, C500 Side Exhaust, Cervinis Ram Air IV Hood, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Chrome GT500 Replica wheels, GT500 Front Splitter ModBMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, ADJ Panhard Bar, CHE Torque Limiters and K Member Brace
kmac1622 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome